Thread: Finding my type

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finding my type

Is there a quiz or something to help me determine my socionics type?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleSuggestion View Post
    Why? you're an ILE.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Why? you're an ILE.
    We haven't established it yet.
    You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILE is a good typing; I might go with that.

http://www.zhilkin.com/socio/en/
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

the zhilkin site is retarded

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is always Maritsa.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Best source of typing' apparently.

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that test told me I'm ILE. Maybe I should stick to that.
    You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    the zhilkin site is retarded
    seems to be
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven't established it yet.
    You’re definitely Ne dominant and what Fi? What does this leave? Process of elimination.
    *coughs* Men with Fe see you as NFJ *coughs* men with Fi see you as NFP. Kidding!

-Krishna

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’re definitely Ne dominant and what Fi? What does this leave? Process of elimination.
    *coughs* Men with Fe see you as NFJ *coughs* men with Fi see you as NFP. Kidding!

Lol so girls with Fi see me as NTP?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol so girls with Fi see me as NTP?
    Are you hitting on me again Lolita? No means no. -_-

-Krishna

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you hitting on me again Lolita? No means no. -_-
    So you don't see me as an NTP?

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Maritsa is the sole remaining forum member who cares about Socionics, so you'll have to defer to her opinion.
    Ironic. Given the forum's purpose.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you don't see me as an NTP?
    No, you're a little IEI, and quite adorable.

-Krishna

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you're a little IEI, and quite adorable.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You haven't written out your life story so there is nothing to analyze and nobody knows you here to type you from impressions. Either write more about yourself or get to know people here by participating in discussions if you want to be typed. I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but in case you're new to typology that's how it goes.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Tests-Database - or you can just read the profiles and pick out the one that you like the most

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    You haven't written out your life story so there is nothing to analyze and nobody knows you here to type you from impressions. Either write more about yourself or get to know people here by participating in discussions if you want to be typed. I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but in case you're new to typology that's how it goes.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Tests-Database - or you can just read the profiles and pick out the one that you like the most
    haha, yeah, that's why I was searching for a questionnaire or something to answer.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

haha, yeah, that's why I was searching for a questionnaire or something to answer.
    it's free-form on this forum, it provides a fuller picture of who you are if you aren't restrained by having to answer generic questions

if you simply write about yourself like this guy has done you're likely to get some more interesting input

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    it's free-form on this forum, it provides a fuller picture of who you are if you aren't restrained by having to answer generic questions

if you simply write about yourself like this guy has done you're likely to get some more interesting input
    lol i've done that questionnaire before, so I guess I'll just copy paste it

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?
    -Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But to me, Beauty is the man who lives to his true potential- beauty is the power of will, the charisma that originates from the soul- tragedy and comedy can be beautiful given that it's executed with skill, with valor and with pride. Beauty is nature, the world, the earth, and the pride of man. The wretched can be beautiful, the wicked can be beautiful- only the commonplace ceases to be beautiful. Love is a surge of affection that resuscitates us to life, love is the divine force that drives us to action- love is immeasurable, unconditional- nothing beats our love for our own selves, love acts as an intermediate, only by loving ourselves are we able to love others- otherwise love would only be an act of sacrifice, a medium through which we salvage our self esteem.

2. What are your most important values?
    -A man should earn his own bread by his own skills, the skills- given that he/she had honed it, and the nature of the work does not matter. The most important thing is that he should excel on it and be proud of what he did. A man should not salvage his self esteem by fooling himself, it has to originate from his own ability, his capability and his own work. One should not judge a thing as good and bad, because good and bad are relative terms. One should judge a man by his abilities and values and ideas. A man should be original.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    -I avoid religious beliefs because its way too clustered and narrow minded, I prefer to learn it all first before deciding on one- because choosing one would make myself bias, and the prospect of being farther than the could be achieved truth is dreadful.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    -War and militaries are highly interesting. Its almost like a strategical game, chess, for example. But a war should be fought with a good cause, not just for blind desire for carnage, everyday- in our daily life, we are fighting a war, despite how trivial, either against humanity, ourselves or anybody. Wars are inevitable- and we should hone our strategical skills to win. Power is precious to avoid people from trampling over your ideas and should be obtained. Power is in the nature to be able to persuade others to do your bidding, power is having complete control of yourself.

Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    - I have had long conversations about philosophy and psychology. Because I kept debating with others to gain their opinion, and they kept on feeding me with interesting ideas I've never thought about before. I have also had a fascinating long conversation about human nature and how it is, and how humans exactly operates. Because its interesting to study how people thinks and how human operates in general.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    - I would be interested if it came to be a conversation topic if the conversation partner is well-informed about it. Not really.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
    -Boring and tedious and useless.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    -Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustra. My current favorite. As for film, it would be the mentalist tv show.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    -I often cry when I'm frustrated and faced with the possibility of failure. Or just moved in general, or when I'm sad. I smile at everything when I'm in a good mood, because I find everything interesting.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    -When I meditate or when I'm talking to someone who understands my views.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    -My bluntness and my messiness. As for what I dislike about myself, is that I'm so lazy I often procrastinate.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    -My motivating skills and my articulate speeches. I like mostly everything about myself.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    -My messiness and my laziness

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    -When I lost a competition, when I feel like I'm not living my full potential. I will try to contemplate it and try to project to others subconsciously. So I usually keep to myself when I'm depressed and try to ignore it.

People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    -I like open-minded and intelligent people who are capable of carrying deep discussions. I like original people who I can learn from. I like people who encourage me towards my goals. I dislike narrow minded people, sentimentality, and people who annoys me in general. I get along with people who accept my ideas and values- open minded ones.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    -Romance/Sex is alright. I want someone who can make me enjoy the relationship, someone who complements me and someone I can learn from.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    -I would like to train him/her on free-thinking, developing interesting ideas and developing no restrictions. I would give him/her freedom of speech and teach him/her to debate with me.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    -I would debate him/her. But inwardly, I know a lot of people have unique beliefs and I can't force mine to him/her.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    -Society is like a strategy game. Social problem=hypocrisy.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    -Based on whether they're interesting or on how useful they are to me and whether they're able to support and stimulate me. I would be loyal and stay by their sides, and defend them if they are wronged.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
    -Given my mood, I will most likely try to engage them in a conversation (again, if I receive a bad vibe from the stranger, I would be very hostile.)

Someone typed me EIE fro this questionnaire.

TIM
    7w6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the other one.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
    -There's a lot of pictures, and my eyes can't just focus on one. Can I comment on each one of them? They're interesting pictures that's for sure, there's a picture of a girl, and another a painting of a scenery with very pretty coloring, there's someone crying- seems the painter wants to make things seems melodramatic, and there's that one that I find most interesting. a glass floating and pouring water, the wonders of computer graphic and its wicked mechanisms. I think it symbolize something, something about waters being caught by the skin and flowing through it, but I think I shouldn't overanalyze it.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
    -I would be pissed. Really pissed. I would chide the person who drives for not handling the car better inwardly, and depending on their reactions, I would react accordingly. If the people in the cars are pissed, I would act as a middle person and try to quench the anger- or depending on my mood, will try to fuel up my surroundings. But if they're not pissed, I might try and drop a couple of subtle hints at how displeased I was at the situation and stir them to conflict to watch them engage in a conflict- because the entertainment it provides me might actually compensates the loss of entertainment for not being able to go to the concert.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
    -Eh- I don't mind. Would be bored if its unstimulating but will watch out for interesting people in the party to speak to. Might even drink a bit of wine just for its fun.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
    -Ah, I'll debate him and hear his reasoning, and would try to find loopholes in it- maybe my beliefs aren't really right and his does have a point, so why not hear him out? My inward reaction would be mildly amused- again, depending on my current mood, or I might be pissed.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
    -Amused and entertained, because its refreshing to experience something that is different for once. I don't really have a constant belief and habits, actually quite flexible.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
    -That we can't have full knowledge on everything, and its up to us to seek the truth. I dislike ignorance greatly but at times I would find it amusing. My values changes from time to time, depending on what suits me during the time, but I dislike narrow-minded people, they pisses me off. And those who follow strict rules and regulations. Again, at times, I might find them amusing. So its nothing very concrete. I would be disgusted though, at someone whose self esteem is solely derived by other's opinions and someone who can only follow people and couldn't think for themselves.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
    a) Oh I'm quite unique. I'm interested in stuffs people won't usually be interested in, and I do enjoy weird and eccentric stuffs. Anything that's not boring.
    b) No. I won't change anything. I love my personality.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
    -Oh, they trigger all the time. When I meet someone new, when I undertook a new thing, even in conversations. My hunches and gut feelings are usually always right- so I often follow them, regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
    a) Playing chess, mental stimulation, solving puzzles and riddles. Debating, showing off my knowledge to people, and just interacting with people. I like conversations, and I love deep conversations a lot.
    b) Routinity, cause its predictable and boring

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    -I usually act without thinking, and talk without thinking, so maybe I repress my inner conflict at times, but not what I want to say. But when I want to please someone or I really need that person or that person happens to entertain me a lot, I do filter my words a bit. I sometimes fake my emotions to get what I want. But most of the times, I'm quite expressive and would not hesitate from confronting someone I don't like.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see (SLE) here. The comes through quite strongly in the tendency to debate and see things in terms of strategy or as a game (one might think that playing chess was mostly a or activity, but it's really more focused).
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious