So lately there's been a lot of talk about whats the point of socionics, it seems useless etc. this sorta goes back and forth between the group atmosphere feeling freeing and kind of tying us all down.

I think the whole point of socionics is to learn when you should emotionally share with the right people, and when you shouldn't: it's all about the right psychological distance with others, and how to effectively maneuver and anchor these areas.

For example, some people on here who I consider close friends have tried to like 'be everybody's pal' in my perspective and like emotionally connect with everybody or people they really should have never even tried w/in the first place. This just leads to a lot of awkward misunderstandings at best, or at worst - them being abused and taken advantage of. All because they had this sort of noble but dumb sense of fairness. I have also stupidly trusted too easily.

Fuck being fair. You don't tell everybody who you have a crush on. You don't tell everybody your dog just died. You don't assume that you opening a wound in front of somebody will make them do the same with you. It's not... acceptable or healthy, it really isn't. especially if you are an emotional type who is easy prey to manipulators. It's naive and cringe-worthy. Okay you can disagree if you want fine but I know that what im saying is pretty objective.

But it doesn't mean you stay hardened and cut off from people the rest of your life. It just means you tell the right people that sort of stuff. The wrong ppl it leads to an arguement or a debate or them seriously liking your pain. The right people it leads to romantic interesting talks well in the night that leave you both warm and mutually satisfied. And then the next day when you inevitably have to face your bullies and enemies in the external world, they will lose all that ammunition against you. POWER. You're starting to have it!

How often do I see one sided "emotional" relationships when in truth only one party is putting the emotional effort. The other person is being a lazy, selfish, narcissistic, manipulative, gaslighter, childish, cruel, asshole brat- all with a smile on his or her face.

And in reverse, it doesn't mean that if you are clashing types with somebody you'll emotionally clash. That's only if subconsciously one or both of you is *wanting* to have some sort of the affection but it just isn't there. And so this false "love" sourly turns to hate and before you know it you're trying to pick on each other. Boundaries and emotional distance from others = positive thing, doesn't make you a rude stuck-up bitch.