Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ni egos are shady

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Ni egos are shady

strategizing and manipulative and cunning and good at evading accountability. when your strengths involve seeing beneath the surface and three steps ahead, of course this is how it will pan out.

i want to be wrong. tell me why i'm wrong.
    (" i'm Ni ego and i'm not shady" isn't convincing)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing is type related, therefore being shady is not type related. qed.

the Ni egos that i know are not shady.i mean it's kinda funny when they act shady.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    nothing is type related, therefore being shady is not type related. qed.
    infinite wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    the Ni egos that i know are not shady.i mean it's kinda funny when they act shady.
    elaborate

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In which part of their life? It doesn't apply all around imho. (at least to me. It may apply to a part of my working life, for example, but I won't evade accountability - just try to plan and avoid unnecessary workload)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    strategizing and manipulative and cunning and good at evading accountability
    BnD.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you elaborate @lungs ?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    In which part of their life? It doesn't apply all around imho. (at least to me. It may apply to a part of my working life, for example, but I won't evade accountability - just try to plan and avoid unnecessary workload)
    so maybe i should be thinking less about ability and more about inclination. any type can fuck you over so it just comes down to who to trust anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Can you elaborate @lungs ?
    i went to the movies on easter and saw this cute cartoon and there was this scene where this girl was finding her way out of a cave and this boy who was more experienced was sitting up higher and dropping flowers. and she was chasing after each flower as it dropped and they were leading her out. and then she brought him one of the flowers and was like "hey you dropped this," all oblivious. and he smiled and was happy that she didn't know. and maybe if he'd grabbed her hand and told her he knew the way out, she wouldn't have listened. or it wouldn't have been as cute.

i liked the scene. but the thing that gets me is: he just as easily could have dropped the flowers in a pattern that led her to a dangerous animal. and then shrugged and said, "oops, i dropped it."

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i went to the movies on easter and saw this cute cartoon and there was this scene where this girl was finding her way out of a cave and this boy who was more experienced was sitting up higher and dropping flowers. and she was chasing after each flower as it dropped and they were leading her out. and then she brought him one of the flowers and was like "hey you dropped this," all oblivious. and he smiled and was happy that she didn't know. and maybe if he'd grabbed her hand and told her he knew the way out, she wouldn't have listened. or it wouldn't have been as cute.

i liked the scene. but the thing that gets me is: he just as easily could have dropped the flowers in a pattern that led her to a dangerous animal. and then shrugged and said, "oops, i dropped it."
    So the question is one of intent rather than one of capability. Do you understand why many Ni egos tend to focus on the actions taken by people to try to understand their intent regardless of what they might say?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is shady unless they are in complete darkness.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If anything, when seeing the folding of events, my mother tries to warm me of the upcoming stuff;

Last night, at her bday dinner, she saw me washing the dishes and said, "you waste all this time doing this, it's not going to help you in these ways, spend a little time and do this."

Ni-time
    Te - I'm watching you do this and I think you should be doing this.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So the question is one of intent rather than one of capability.
    i guess. or maybe its more how to avoid getting eaten by a tiger.
    i don't really think i'm oblivious to flower-dropping. but i'm less skilled at gauging where they lead. but maybe that's just a matter of being smart about people and trusting my instincts regardless of type. if there are insights that could be derived from typology, though, that would be neat.

Do you understand why many Ni egos tend to focus on the actions taken by people to try to understand their intent regardless of what they might say?
    sure, but doesn't anyone?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure, but doesn't anyone?
    I guess.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I guess.
    lol, but where were you going with it?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, but where were you going with it?
    It's all a matter of perspective really. Is an Ni ego really more prone to dropping flowers onto a path or does an Ni ego do it with a different intention or with a different level of introspection? Is an Ni ego more likely to understand where the flowers lead better than any other type?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Is an Ni ego really more prone to dropping flowers onto a path
    i'm presuming they are, which goes back to the OP.

or does an Ni ego do it with a different intention or with a different level of introspection?
    a different intention or level of introspection than, say, an ESI? lol, sure, and getting a view of where they might be coming from versus whatever i project onto what i see could be interesting.

Is an Ni ego more likely to understand where the flowers lead better than any other type?
    i think Ni would come in handy here, yeah.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would the Ni ego have more knowledge of the "path"? Why would the Se ego not accept the advice? The example seems to be a kind of moot fantasy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Why would the Ni ego have more knowledge of the "path"? Why would the Se ego not accept the advice? The example seems to be a kind of moot fantasy.
    idk its a metaphor to describe abstract bs... i'm trying to keep it theoretical and impersonal.

i would probably follow the advice, lol.

ni egos theoretically have more knowledge of the ~*~implicit path~*~ but in the movie the dude just had a different lifestyle where he was used to getting out of caves lol.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk its a metaphor to describe abstract bs... i'm trying to keep it theoretical and impersonal.

i would probably follow the advice, lol.

ni egos theoretically have more knowledge of the ~*~implicit path~*~ but in the movie the dude just had a different lifestyle where he was used to getting out of caves lol.
    I'm not sure I believe that Ni egos are more knowledgeable in such practical terms; merely they tend to think long and hard at ideas to try to coalesce them into a single concept that all lines up.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

something got lost in translation along the way here.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wonder if you have seen the cartoon in which the boy went to buy bread but in the shop he realised he's got only cash for a half loaf so he went back home to get more money following the footprints he left in the snow. After he got the appropriate amount of money he followed his footprints once again and made it back to the shop, but to his surprise the money he had on him was more than enough and in fact he was to buy a half loaf of bread in the beginning.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on person, but from my experience Se egos are much more manipulative and cunning to achieve their goals. This metaphor isn't entirely ni, because any ego could use the knowledge about exit.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the way out of the cave is an implicit dynamic field okay omgggggg

i can't dig my way out of this without either going for more metaphorical mumbo jumbo or getting personal so...thanks for the input.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i went to the movies on easter and saw this cute cartoon and there was this scene where this girl was finding her way out of a cave and this boy who was more experienced was sitting up higher and dropping flowers. ...
    i was reading the news last week regarding Berezovky's supposed suicide following him losing a major court case against Abramovich, their types being SEE-Fi and SLI-Si respectively - both of these guys are billionaires who haven't earned their fortunes by doing "accountable" work and who have 'dropped flowers' on multiple people, including each other, despite them being Se and Si egos

point being: trying to make heads and tails of what's actually transpiring in reality on basis of "cute cartoons" is going to lead to all kinds of fantastic conclusions

I'm not sure I believe that Ni egos are more knowledgeable in such practical terms; merely they tend to think long and hard at ideas to try to coalesce them into a single concept that all lines up.
    yeah, Ni egos will thematically compound and generalize their perceptions, but somehow this gets translated into a kind of magical predictive talent and ability to see many steps ahead of others

but it's not like Ni egos are the only ones who know what's going on, meanwhile the other twelve types are resigned to blindly tumbling around in the dark

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

damn. yeah i really do need to stop basing my life around cartoons and thinking ni egos are psychic.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To not be an Ni ego...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i see a lot more than some ni egos do. i'm also capable of being manipulative in a different way. its not my fault people can't interpret a metaphor. oh well. its getting to the point now where i feel like i need to justify myself and i don't feel like being in that position. you get it or you don't.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't stop posting, lungs.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i understand some backlash since the OP was accusatory. its just frustrating to have my pov falsely characterized.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

damn. yeah i really do need to stop basing my life around cartoons and thinking ni egos are psychic.
    well i'd rather see all kinds of superpowers being attributed to Ni egos as it's always a good read, especially if you're one, but unfortunately the reality is much more banal - there is no information element that turns people into "shady" "manipulative" individuals who see beneath and beyond everyone else

it would be more interesting to find out why you have so much distrust for Ni egos, since this isn't the first time that you've tried to implicate people of these types in manipulativeness: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-manipulative

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

*edit, poof*

i'm trying to find answers, not to go on a crusade.

@djarendee and @Leader have brushed on the same theme and been more forthcoming about it so maybe they'll know what i'm talking about.
    Last edited by ashlesha; 04-02-2013 at 06:01 PM.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shady works when it's a dark side. Conceptually that would relate more to the idea of the Jungian unconscious, an aspect of personality that is repressed from causing harm, but projected in doing so until it is recognized in the self. Se-egos would probably relate more. Are you shady Lungs? Could we be talking about you in some respects?

i see a lot more than some ni egos do. i'm also capable of being manipulative in a different way. its not my fault people can't interpret a metaphor. oh well. its getting to the point now where i feel like i need to justify myself and i don't feel like being in that position. you get it or you don't.
    http://soundfxcenter.com/video-games...und_Effect.mp3

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    Shady works when it's a dark side. Conceptually that would relate more to the idea of the Jungian unconscious, an aspect of personality that is repressed from causing harm, but projected in doing so until it is recognized in the self. Se-egos would probably relate more. Are you shady Lungs? Could we be talking about you in some respects?
    maybe i see it as "shady" at least in part because that's what i project upon it. and maybe that's type related (whether i'm Se ego or Ne ego or whatever).

i'm not shady in the same particular way i'm getting at in this thread. i don't lay out crumbs for people like i PERCEIVE Ni egos doing because i don't have confidence that it would lead to the outcome i desired and i feel more confident directly taking them by the hand because then the outcome is more certain. which i PERCEIVE to be type related.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

its all based on one particular experience that i have trouble understanding and i don't feel comfortable talking about explicitly. i'm trying to find answers, not go on a crusade. @djarendee and @Leader have brushed on the same theme and been more forthcoming about it so maybe they'll know what i'm talking about.
    ah well, now you're being slightly more forthcoming about the issue rather than attributing it to cartoons, though you could get more relevant answers if you were more straightforward about it initially

socionics though is not really helpful for analyzing such experiences and getting to the crux of the matter - may be look into personal motives and wishes of the individual(s) who were involved in your specific situation

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm scared about trusting people in the future who aren't really sure and consistent and explicit about what they want. which aren't really traits ascribed to Ni egos, unless that's a stereotype too? maybe its different with Ni base and Ni creative. but too forward and explicit bothers me so wtf.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe i see it as "shady" at least in part because that's what i project upon it. and maybe that's type related (whether i'm Se ego or Ne ego or whatever).

i'm not shady in the same particular way i'm getting at in this thread. i don't lay out crumbs for people like i PERCEIVE Ni egos doing because i don't have confidence that it would lead to the outcome i desired and i feel more confident directly taking them by the hand because then the outcome is more certain. which i PERCEIVE to be type related.
    Are you sure the crumb thing you are describing isn't Ne or extroverted intuition? I'm not really sure why introverted intuition would care about leading someone on and taking advantage of that. The focus wouldn't be inward, but outward on what's going on. It's not Jungian introversion, at least.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so maybe i should be thinking less about ability and more about inclination. any type can fuck you over so it just comes down to who to trust anyway.
    yar. choosing to put your trust in someone is kind of what makes them special. You don't walk up to a stranger and give them your address and the keys to your house. You don't open up to everyone and trust everyone, and that's not out of cynicism or being jaded - it's simple survival. It's how we're wired. Although some people aren't - interesting story here: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/friendl...ry?id=13795416

Anyway, so when you choose to trust someone - that's different, it's special and it means something. You allow them access to hurt you if they choose, and there's nothing wrong with being selective about who gets that privilege.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast