User Tag List

Thread: New puzzle piece

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink New puzzle piece

New member, new puzzle piece for you guys!

Being lurking around this forum for some time since I was transfered from MBTI elementary to Socionics high-school.

I had already created an account twice but never posted a intro and both were deleted (surprisingly efficience). Not this time.

Well... lovely day/night/tomorrow, eh?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi

Do you know your type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not yet. I still have to read the original Jung functions that I saved in a file months ago. Next I have observe myself in interaction and try to remember as much unbiased as I can continuous, key things on my experience...

Meanwhile, I try to get better at typing participating on the forum.

If it means something when I first discovered MBTI three years ago I did many tests a gazillion times and I always got INTP, more recently between INTP and ENTP.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lukasthere View Post
    Not yet. I still have to read the original Jung functions that I saved in a file months ago. Next I have observe myself in interaction and try to remember as much unbiased as I can continuous, key things on my experience...

Meanwhile, I try to get better at typing participating on the forum.

If it means something when I first discovered MBTI three years ago I did many tests a gazillion times and I always got INTP, more recently between INTP and ENTP.
    Or better yet, ask your mom.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of my dad who's a (He tended to get INTP on MBTI too)
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum... Why?

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume the "why" was about the reminding. That was kind of an intuitive judgement, but I'll see if I can isolate some reasons for this typing.
    • You're probably an NT, since your MBTI results were NT, and those 2 dichotomies line up pretty well between the two theories (and you seem like one too).
    • You refer to yourself as a "new puzzle piece" for us, suggesting that you think of the world in terms of a collection of static interconnected pieces (Alpha NT), not as temporary objects whose relationships form an overall flow (Gamma NT).
    • You present information in an unstructured way, and describe your intentions regarding how you would go about taking in new information as rather unstructured as well. What I mean by "unstructured" here is that you tend to pull together a large amount of information and try to gain an intuition for it, perhaps temporarily generating structured models to add to the pile of information (Irrational Alpha NT), rather than (as I would do) trying to build a central structured model such that all the information is in sync with it, using intuition as a guide for how to go about building that model (Rational Alpha NT).
    There are a number of ways of speaking (writing, whatever) that you have that immediately made me think of him, but that covers the reasons pretty well.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum, ok, thanks for clarifying and providing your intuition to my case.

By now I'm very positive that I belong to a Fe valuing quadra after taking a look at Gamma/Delta types typed by Socionix in their gallery and looking in a few examples outside as Gisele Bündchen that I type as EII. A Fi underlying take on repulsion/attraction is easy to see in many of them evolving or formed with the counterpart Te judgment.

Meanwhile, the same categorical judgments are formed from Fe dynamic evaluations on Alpha/Quadra, but what I found fascinating in their differences is that Ti/Fe judgment seems more malleable than Fi/Te. Also a very characteristic Fe sore spot 'smile' on most Ti-ego.

Sincerely, I had a chance of heart since writing the method I'd go to finding my type. Thought that re-reading (I read them a few years ago) Jung original take on elements would provide greater clarity but forgetting about it and taking a more direct (to go away from too much theory-language that further complicate things) look on previously typed people and intuitively simplifying their behavior (also using this: http://socionics.us/theory/information.shtml) then looking at others no-typed people seems the best for me.

About your points, "new puzzle piece" was only a joke. Your last point is an interesting one that take in account different Static behavior from Irrationals and Rationals. Also, your way of thinking go quite elegantly with Holographic-cognition.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I knew the puzzle piece thing was a joke, but even jokes reveal thought pattern tendencies. Also, I'm not sure I agree with some of the typings on Socionix, for example I was just looking over the list for my own type and I'd say Viggo Mortenson's an SLI and Simon Cowell seems like a gamma. If you want something for comparison there's a list of typings of famous people on the socionics.us site that seems pretty good from what I've checked and from what I know about how thoroughly the typings are done (it's actually on wikisocion now here) though it doesn't have pictures. Also, just generally, don't ever be confident of a type purely by VI; always back it up with actually psychological indicators. VI does seem to be quite accurate when well practiced, but it's so easy to fall into confirmation bias if you don't keep yourself tied down to something. (heck, it's easy enough to fall into confirmation bias with the actual psychological stuff)
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious