Thread: 1rst Roman Triumvirate

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1rst Roman Triumvirate

I've been listeing to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast and was wondering the types of the three big players of Rome. I think some of these typings probably existed in the past permutations of the forum.

Caesar: Known for his charm and supreme political manuevering and military greatness. Also know for his challenging styles, wearing the toga "loose". Able to do many things at once, seemed to operate at a greater speed than normal men. Seemingly unpredictable. Eventual dictator of Rome SEE
    Pompey: Known as a greatly accomplished military conqueror and his love of glory and adulation, but somewhat politically naive. Defeated by Caesar's smaller force, he attacks too predictably after being goaded by the Senate. SLE/ILE/LIE?

Crassus: The richest man in Rome who everyone owed a favor to, he overreached for military greatness and was put into his place by being lured into a Persian trap and annihilated. He made most of his weath by creating private slave fire brigades and buying burning buildings on the cheap. ?

Random other important people in Pre-Imperial rome.

Marius: Can do man, savior of Rome from the Barbarian hordes. 7 time consul. Siding with the people over the Senate forces him out of power. The vibe I get is similar to Al Pacino or Patton's portrayal from Patton. SLE/LSI/LSE?
    Sulla: The first dictator, who abdicated his throne after "reforming" the republic mostly by killing the rich and powerful. Almost seems like a Watchmen esque plot. LSI/SLE?
    Gracchus brothers: The first to use the power of the tribune to oppose the senate and voice the popularii's (peoples) points directly.
    Cato: EIE? Known as a great orator, like a lawyer.
    Clodus: Another cool cat like Caesar, from a "most august" Roman family. Popularii supporter Murdered by Milo and his thugs.
    Milo: Rival to Clodus.
    Last edited by jughead; 03-21-2013 at 04:29 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    I've been listeing to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast and was wondering the types of the three big players of Rome. I think some of these typings probably existed in the past permutations of the forum.

Caesar: Known for his charm and supreme political manuevering and military greatness. Able to do many things at once, seemed to operate at a greater speed than normal men. Seemingly unpredictable. Eventual dictator of Rome SEE
    Pompey: Known as a greatly accomplished military conqueror and his love of glory and adulation, but somewhat politically naive. Defeated by Caesar's smaller force, he attacks too predictably. SLE/ILE/LIE?

Crassus: The richest man in Rome who everyone owed a favor to, he overreached for military greatness and was put into his place by being lured into a Persian trap and annihilated. He made most of his weath by creating private slave fire brigades and buying burning buildings on the cheap. ?

Random other important people in Pre-Imperial rome.

Marius: Can do man, savior of Rome. SLE/LSI/LSE?
    Sulla: The first dictator, who abdicated his throne. LSI/SLE?
    Gracchus brothers:
    Cato: ILI?
    Cicero:EIE
    Clodus:
    Milo:
    So Expat was the only one interested in history eh? Caesar was a benchmark for the Russians as SEE but there was past debate calling him LIE or SLE I believe. Anyways it doesn't exist on the forums any longer.
    Sulla was typed SLE from his VI, although he abdicated the "throne" after restoring what he saw as needed changes to the Republic to keep if from disintegrating. The most notable exception to his ordered executions of the powerful of Rome was the young Caesar, whom he warned was ten times as worse as himself.
    Last edited by jughead; 03-21-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So Expat was the only one interested in history eh? Caesar was a benchmark for the Russians as SEE but there was past debate calling him LIE or SLE I believe.
    I don't think historical records hold Sociotypes in them.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor do celebrities or famous people. We just have more evidence to go by.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yea, I can see this evidence you speak of right now. Most accounts on those people does(?) come from Socionics sites and not from historic sources if you haven't noticed yet.

So, say, some IEE person who typed some historical figure is LIE and interested in history - maybe neither?

Are you LIE as well, for it seems you are interested in history.

Tough nut to crack.
    Last edited by Absurd; 03-21-2013 at 05:23 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You misread me; I'm was saying we have more information on celebrities but much of it is mundane and manufactured just like the evidence we have from ancient times. You seem to think no utility can be extracted from this ancient history, which I would say fuck off then LSE.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You misread me; I'm was saying we have more information on celebrities but much of it is mundane and manufactured just like the evidence we have from ancient times. You seem to think no utility can be extracted from this ancient history, which I would say fuck off then LSE.
    I didn't misread you but feel free to venerate a murderer and a self-dramatizer at your own will. Speaking of 'ancient times' though, there was a thread made by some very wise fellow who discussed Roman army rank structure and I showed up, and have been greeted by Latin in the form of attack on my person and put on ignore. History likes to repeat itself it seems.

Duh.
    Last edited by Absurd; 03-21-2013 at 06:21 PM.