Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 86

Thread: What do you hate about INFjs?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What do you hate about INFjs?

    What do people really, really REALLY hate about INFjs? Like what do we do that just ANNOYS THE SHIT OUT OF YOU but you don't say anything...well here's your chance to spill your guts!

    Please be honest!! I can take it.

    (I'm just curious about what people don't like about my natural personality...)

    If an INFj never annoyed you (I don't really believe that, but it could happen I guess...) than maybe state why?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What have INFJs ever done to annoy me? Say shit like this...

    Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    INFj is probably the least common type. We are rare and beautiful snowflakes.
    ... have fun masterbating to that thought...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  3. #3
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're not one: ENTp you are.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  4. #4
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're too sensitive (that's not a bad thing necessarily). Oddly it annoys me that you guys don't seem to think about yourselves enough
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  5. #5
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hate how sensitive INFjs are to criticism. I hate how concerned INFjs are with their appearance (My INFj roommate took forever to get dressed because he was so concerned about how he'd be seen.)

    No matter how well you defeat their line of reasoning or logic, they still refuse to concede defeat due to how "good" or "ethical" their ideas are. To many INFjs I've argued with, their argument essentially boils down to whether it is "good or bad" and it is right "just because."

    But I'm sure that they say just about the same about INTjs.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  6. #6
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I miss diana
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  7. #7
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    that they're my conflictor-dictors.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logos
    I hate how concerned INFjs are with their appearance
    I agree

    Also, INFj's have such a strong internal value system which they are very assertive with, that they can sometimes critisise and ignore input from others because it goes against their ideas of whats right or wrong. Example: an INFj I know critisised heavily and sometimes harshly another friend (ENTp i think) for a long time because she took back someone who cheated on her, because it was 'wrong' for her to do that and he wasnt suited to her anyway, in the opinion of the INFj. No amount of 'it's her decision' or, 'it's her choice' or any justificaton from other people changed the INFj's attitude at all, she thought she was right because she was right, if you know what im getting at. She sometimes does this with smaller things aswell, 'im right because im right' without having any reason as to why, and ignoring anyone who try's to make her see things from a different angle.

    And you ppl dont like science type stuff

    But other than that I really heart you ppl
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hate how we can't deal with the physical stuff and let it bring us down.
    INFP

  10. #10

    Default

    What have INFJs ever done to annoy me? Say shit like this...

    SLeo123083 wrote:
    INFj is probably the least common type. We are rare and beautiful snowflakes.


    ... have fun masterbating to that thought...

    but what SLeo said is true Rocky.

    I hate how we can't deal with the physical stuff and let it bring us down.
    When I did a short stint working as a lab assistant I never trusted that I had done everything correctly even though on the surface it appeared that I had followed everything correctly. When an odd result occured I assumed that it had to have been something I did wrong. I wonder if this might have to do with Se not being an area of confidence.

  11. #11
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a very good thread. I'll try to re-type the "INFj" I thought I knew. They share the INFj positive traits, but not the negative traits. They seem reasonable and I've never seen either of them being assertive about being right just because. They are more likely to be open-minded and reasonable than an INFp, who also seems to have a stronger value-system.

    I always kinda thought that INFjs have a strong value-system, but they don't really force it on others. They have enough Ne to understand other people's point of views and Fi-program, which just makes them want to keep relations. (They know what they consider ethical, but they won't really share it with others).


    IF they are INFjs, then INFjs are too damn friendly. I don't think they would tell me if something bothered them, so relations could go sour without me ever realizing something was wrong.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and :| annoy me

    i feel i am to blame for it and it confuses my sense of whether or not the person likes me.

  13. #13
    Olga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,596
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can not hate any type. The people do not choose their types but they have to behave in its limits as if you are are born a cat or a dog - you adopt what comes with it.

    But I do not find them stimulating enough. Whenever I do create a turmoil they try to come me down or just "reflect" like a mirror so I see only myself there- no point for turmoil really .

    I do like them because they can be funny and childish and innocent with a very good and other directed heart.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What Logos and flower says about INFjs fit my view of that type perfectly. I know a real life INFj who have exactly those traits Logos describes.

  15. #15
    Olga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,596
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree so far with everything said. I think it is a good idea to consider different perspectives on type - it will help to define a new system of interrelationship. It would be nice though if Herzy could elaborate on this relationship between ESTP and INFJ (his personal experiences). We could create later something more objective from the sum of subjective opinions.


    BTW, I do not want to shock people with my thoughs but I think that INFJs men are more likely to be gays. they have that other directed sensitivity which is combined with a soft touch. ISFJs have a hard side to them and more critical. The differences between ISFJ and INFJ are - and +.

    INFJ are from Delta, they like unusual people and sensational news/expereinces but their approach is individualistic. That is they prefer to work on individual level. They also prefer stability and not directed to produce change in a global sense. I would not take them to create revolution but rather to look after people (smoothers). I do feel comfortable in their company because they are good listeners, they are very considerate and caring, they understand what I am talking about or at least they are not judgemental and my ideas do not scare them off. They suit perfect to take the people -directed ideas from Gamma and implement them on individual level, adjust to the diffreent needs of individulas.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

  16. #16
    Olga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,596
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you wish to say that INFJ's are fighters? Actually, the good part of INFJ's that they say what they think because directs them to express it's values. However, they can smooth the situation where they see the conflict is growing and this what I consider inhibitary.

    It is not quite about clothes they wear, it is more how they may relate to others - it is a sensitive approach and other directed - feminine approach.
    At the end of the day I do not mean being gay means being not good. I believe that acceptance of being different means acceptance of diversity. Within diversity you try different things and some of them may work for you or may not - the way we find identity. God teaches people with punishments when they do something which is not good for them. He does not like it I guess but if we deserved it - He had no choice.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

  17. #17
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    It would be nice though if Herzy could elaborate on this relationship between ESTP and INFJ (his personal experiences).
    Actually, I don't really have any major experiences to work off of. So I can't really elaborate on anything. Sorry.

    PS: I am a female.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fever
    Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    They also prefer stability and not directed to produce change in a global sense.
    appears this way, but not really.


    btw, if any other INFjs disagree with me or have different ideas, don't hold back but let's hear your opinion.
    I agree. I want a revolution and work for it in very subtle ways... :wink: That is actually true, but I look for ways to make the world more and , which is probably lost on many oriented people. On a more down to earth level I look for and find ways for improvements of just about everything around me all the time.
    INFj

  19. #19
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How indirect they are. I cannot read minds. I take things as they are but it seems as if, to them, there's always some 'deeper' meaning. They seem so afraid to hurt my feelings by creating conflict but that only creates more conflict. It's one type i'm not keen on having a relationship with.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    How indirect they are. I cannot read minds. I take things as they are but it seems as if, to them, there's always some 'deeper' meaning. They seem so afraid to hurt my feelings by creating conflict but that only creates more conflict. It's one type i'm not keen on having a relationship with.
    So true!

    My experience with them is the same.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    except towards those who violate their ethics. that is another thing I do not like about infjs. the smart ones realize this and cycle into despair and the less so remain ignorant. there is one more category, the coawrdly, who avoid interaction with others because of this

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess the even smarter ones realize it and try their best to not let it influence their behaviour, much like any other predjudice.
    INFj

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that is unnecessary as well. if they were neutral they would allow whatever was occuring to occur. you can't really be neutral in the absolute sense you can only dance around various paradigms

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    that is unnecessary as well. if they were neutral they would allow whatever was occuring to occur. you can't really be neutral in the absolute sense you can only dance around various paradigms
    So basically INFjs are immoral for making moral judgements about other's way of reasoning?
    INFj

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    So basically INFjs are immoral for making moral judgements about other's way of reasoning?
    NO. remove the idea of morality from it completely. they are foolish for acting as if the things which influence them do not

  26. #26
    Olga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,596
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I elaborated today a bit on dimensions. Their creative is wich suggests that they are able to understand the person - where he comes from and what problems the person has got and etc. But they may not necessarily know what is it the person wants to achieve at the end of the day. They may not be good at forseeing future- and therefore they try no to direct people but rather wait until the person decides for himself or situations resolves itself. They probably do not like to put people under pressure. Surely there are situations where it can work for the better. Otherwise we can start to blame any type just for being themselves. ISFJ's can push whenever there is no real need for it, for example.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    So basically INFjs are immoral for making moral judgements about other's way of reasoning?
    NO. remove the idea of morality from it completely. they are foolish for acting as if the things which influence them do not
    Well, I was being ironic. If I understand you correctly you are not concerned about how INFjs act, but how we reason around other's morals. I find that funny.
    INFj

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thought is action.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the question really boils down to why ahould we value equality? there is no reason to value it or not there are only reasons WHY it is valued or not

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i do not think we value humanity more than ahumanity, nonhumanity, beastiality, and inhumanity. people are just things to us. i cannot clarify the infj position until i turn into an infj which i do not see occuring at the present time

  31. #31
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd like to personally ask those infj's why they'd rather die than face conflict. I just don't understand it. I went through a horrible relationship with someone years back who refused to confront me about things that bothered him. He let it fester until one day he sprang the ' we're just friends' line on me and i was very, very shocked.

    I get very bad impressions of these people. I'm not saying it's limited to one type or that a specific type acts this way, but from my experience, the ones that claim to be so 'caring' and empathetic, really turn out to be the ones who rip your heart out. At least with someone like me, I let you know flat out if i dont like you or want anything more to do with you...with these types i'm left feeling like i'm only being talked to so my feelings don't get hurt, which is b.s.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fever
    nevertheless, equality is still valued. isn't this human nature? this is why your hear such negative things about Americans from people from other countries.
    should the physical structure which maintains it be removed it shall not be.

    Quote Originally Posted by fever
    how can people be looked at as just things? things and people are two different things. "things" do not have emotions, "people" do. they are altogether different.
    "reactions" covers emotions quite nicely. you can write formulae after that. that is what exfjs do

    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    @jessica: So would you prefer a loud argument over conflict avoidance? Seriously.
    i would. it releases the tension. for example my other thread on killing people allowed for your admittal of anger towards someone in your life. there is something liberating in that which deescalates the conflict over the long term. it is sort of like taking the cover off a boiling pot so the water doesn't spill over

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    @jessica: So would you prefer a loud argument over conflict avoidance? Seriously.
    Seriously? Yes.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  34. #34
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    @jessica: So would you prefer a loud argument over conflict avoidance? Seriously.
    Seriously? Yes.
    haha, us istps think alike.

    I'd choose a real arugument over skirting the issue any day. How can you possibly progress anything unless you say what's on your mind? It drives me insane when people don't think i'm 'on' to them when they're avoiding conflict. JUST SAY IT. arggggh

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    thought is action.
    Emotional response is not, which was what you were talking about. Recognised prejudice does not have to be acted upon if you think again.

    ETA: To finish off this debate of one-liners: Yes, you can. I question my negative emotions constantly and recognise them as coming from my preconceptions every other day. Then I ignore them. It's called taking responsibility for your actions.
    INFj

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    Emotional response is not, which was what you were talking about. Recognised prejudice does not have to be acted upon if you think again.
    when your brain fires off electrical discharge it acts it changes the world if only very subtly. this happens before you can "restrain" it.

    Quote Originally Posted by fever
    how does that lessen the fact that it is human nature to value equality?
    it questions whether or not there is a human nature which does. obviously some people do not value equality. applying the term human to both sets would be a misnomer as you could just as easily (and more correctly) see them as distinct groups. it is a question of perspective. HOW MUCH do we have to have in common to be "the same"? for some it is everything for some it is nothing but there are in fact trillions of intermediate forms that can work just as well. it would be silly to give one greater value then another simply because of it's location/position.

    mhmm upon further consideration i realize this may not be clear enough. you can just as easily say it is not human nature to value equality but rather subset (insert function here)'s nature.

    Quote Originally Posted by fever
    people can have emotions without reaction....INFjs do it all the time.
    only because we are viewing them with insufficient angular resolution(?) (magnification?)

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it is all about scope fever. where things begin and end

  38. #38
    Olga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,596
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ohh...why don't you give me critics? i would be very happy to know what you think? I need your


    INTPs are very different to Fi types; reasoning is for them what is feeling for us. have a mercy for each other.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    ohh...why don't you give me critics?
    who? me? i thought you were speaking to fever only so I didn't really read what you said.

    @fever: to me equality is nothing more than a chemical process. remove it and it is gone, duh. so why should anything that does not have it be called human if the desire for equality is part of what constitutes humanity? humanity imo is our process of ascribing animation to various objects. once you begin realizing what YOU ARE DOING TO IT rather than thinking it is something that it HAS you can learn to DO that IT to other things as well. even rocks, the universe, sunshine, etc can be made to be "alive." the truth is those things need not be viewed as animate nor do we

  40. #40
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    People seem to have a hard time with the idea of people as things. So another way that may be easier to conceptualize: humans are animals. There. Look at what animals do and then look at what humans do and you'll see that we're not really different.

    Emotions? Emotions are just abstract ideas given names used to categorize our mental states. Our mental states are induced by physiological responses to our environmental surroundings. These surroundings can be changed and controlled to obtain a desired result. Sad? Well just eat a parfait or some Breyer's ice cream and you'll feelt better.

    But equality is not a part of human nature. Go back 500 years ago and talk about equality being a part of human nature and you'd be laughed at profusely. The desire for equality is a modern creation of our upbringing and the pursuit of economic prosperity. When the nobility and the church told people that the hierarchy on earth reflected that which was in heaven, people earnestly believed that hierarchy was the way of things. And now a new ruling class talks about the modern virtues of equality and liberty. Am I against these things? No, I'm not. But recognize it for what it is, the result of ideas brought forth by others. It is not human nature to desire for equality. It is human nature to be a product of our surroundings, and the surroundings can be changed. What we believe can be changed. How is equality a part of human nature?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •