Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: INFps searching for identity: "who am I?"

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default INFps searching for identity: "who am I?"

    http://forum.socionix.com

    I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

    EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

  2. #2
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [supervisor]
    What you are describing is more like the definition of the Si function. Now all you have to do to is to find a way to continuously use your Ni-Fe and you'll feel you have found yourself.
    [/supervisor]
    :wink:
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  3. #3
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Smiling eyes how does making a judgment about your identity relate to ?

    Im the same way, . I never stop asking myself the question. Its funny you say that its due to your weak , I always thought it was due to my weak . I guess its an IxxP thing? The fact that we IxxPs are dynamics(always seeing the changes spread out across time) plus perceiving(motivated into action by changes outside our control) means we have the impression of always changing and not having much stability as far as "who we are" is concerned. I guess you can say we let our indentity try and find us to a large extent. So from that perpective, it makes sense that we always ask "who we are".

  4. #4
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Smiling eyes how does making a judgment about your identity relate to ?

    Im the same way, . I never stop asking myself the question. Its funny you say that its due to your weak , I always thought it was due to my weak . I guess its an IxxP thing? The fact that we IxxPs are dynamics(always seeing the changes spread out across time) plus perceiving(motivated into action by changes outside our control) means we have the impression of always changing and not having much stability as far as "who we are" is concerned. I guess you can say we let our indentity try and find us to a large extent. So from that perpective, it makes sense that we always ask "who we are".

    It is an INxP thing. Si/Se is the function of reaction. When you ask "Who am I" it corresponds to the situation in which you do not know what to do. ISxPs don't ask it that much, they react quicker and have less reason to ponder who they are. They seem to be more frustrated about things like "Why is everything so difficult?". They understand their role, but not the Big picture. For INxPs it's the opposite. Dominant Ni causes constant rethinking of the big picture and so there are few occasions to fit yourself in the worldview. In essence, the INxP IS the worldview he has.

    The question "Who am I" can also be thought to be irrelevant. Nobody gets point for having a snappy answer to such a question. What you are is your ego functions. When you are in an environment that lets you use your primary and secondary function and gain support from your environment, that is who you are, there is no more reason for self doubt.

    In the case of the INxPs the role the society needs them for is of course to create a synthesis of everything that is happening. In my experience there is no more reliable source for consistently good information on anything and everything than an INxP functioning at prime capacity.

    The problem of course is loss of direction. While you guys are always correct in a sense, it takes a lot of interpretation to understand what you mean
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  5. #5
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Then Ti-Fi would correspnd to moral reevaluation and (blank)? Could you do the rest of the types?
    Uh, can you clarify your request? And maybe the question too? Ti-Fi corresponds to a lot of things.

    -Smilex

  6. #6
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Smiling eyes how does making a judgment about your identity relate to ?

    Im the same way, . I never stop asking myself the question. Its funny you say that its due to your weak , I always thought it was due to my weak . I guess its an IxxP thing? The fact that we IxxPs are dynamics(always seeing the changes spread out across time) plus perceiving(motivated into action by changes outside our control) means we have the impression of always changing and not having much stability as far as "who we are" is concerned. I guess you can say we let our indentity try and find us to a large extent. So from that perpective, it makes sense that we always ask "who we are".

    It is an INxP thing. Si/Se is the function of reaction. When you ask "Who am I" it corresponds to the situation in which you do not know what to do. ISxPs don't ask it that much, they react quicker and have less reason to ponder who they are. They seem to be more frustrated about things like "Why is everything so difficult?". They understand their role, but not the Big picture. For INxPs it's the opposite. Dominant Ni causes constant rethinking of the big picture and so there are few occasions to fit yourself in the worldview. In essence, the INxP IS the worldview he has.

    The question "Who am I" can also be thought to be irrelevant. Nobody gets point for having a snappy answer to such a question. What you are is your ego functions. When you are in an environment that lets you use your primary and secondary function and gain support from your environment, that is who you are, there is no more reason for self doubt.

    In the case of the INxPs the role the society needs them for is of course to create a synthesis of everything that is happening. In my experience there is no more reliable source for consistently good information on anything and everything than an INxP functioning at prime capacity.

    The problem of course is loss of direction. While you guys are always correct in a sense, it takes a lot of interpretation to understand what you mean
    Interesting. But I dont think that relying on your first two functions will resolve all your problems. If it did, you wouldnt have any problems, because you rely on them anyways. Fact is, INxPs are good at dealing with information on a large scale, but sooner or later they have to face situations directly like any other human being. I guess this is the problem with a weak function is that you cant really get by without it, no matter who you are.

    I think it makes sense now that its an thing because I can always see things on a large scale, (my personal vision of the large scale) but theres so much info that it makes me both magalomaniac(cuz I feel like I know and see the everything) and confused about who I am as an individual, single entity existing within space(details of spatiality and how it relates to you, ). I think that makes sense now. So I guess the question will keeping popping up over and over throughout my earthly existence, and for good reason, but the way I now understand it helps me feel less frustrated about it. But Im wondering if ENxJs face something similar?I would tend to think so, but perhaps to a lesser degree because with INxPs being introverts they are more concerned with themselves as a subject whereas ENxJs are not as directly foncused on it. But Im guessing they experience it to some degree.

  7. #7
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    If INxp corresponds to Se/Si reactive state than was do IxTj, IxFj, etc etc correspond to? Examples please.
    No, that's not what I meant. Se/Si is the function that directs everyone's style of reaction: either inwards or outwards. That is the functional meaning. Other properties associated with Si/Se are just derivatives. One might even say that Ne/Ni are also functions of reaction, but of delayed reaction whereas Se/Si is immediate reaction but this might be even more confusing so disregard if you will.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  8. #8
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio

    Interesting. But I dont think that relying on your first two functions will resolve all your problems. If it did, you wouldnt have any problems, because you rely on them anyways.
    The phrase you are referring to also included the "with support from your environment" clause

    Basically what I mean is that everyone is happier if he/she isn't required to use his/her super-ego functions or at least pressure isn't applied there, whereas continued outside support to 5th and 6th functions is needed for happiness. In such an environment the uncertainty the superego causes stays dormant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    I guess this is the problem with a weak function is that you cant really get by without it, no matter who you are.
    Can't live with it, can't live without it


    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    But Im wondering if ENxJs face something similar?
    It's rare. Everyone tries to bypass the 4th function as much as possible. 3rd function is neurosis. 4th function is phobia. ENTJs have the "Am I doing enough good?" Whereas ENFJs get "Am I achieving enough?" thereby triggering the obsessive compulsive s**t they're associated with.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your psychological type is subordinate to your identity. Your psychological type is not who you are. It's only what you are.

    To know who you are, question your existence.

  10. #10

    Default

    It seems like there is no end. Do INFPs stop asking themselfs "Who am I" ever? After finding socionics it stopped for a couple of months and these days it seems like I'm starting to bang my head with this stupid question again regardless of the fact that I am full of facts and analysis for myself. Or better find some new stuff with which I can identify myself? lol
    I think this is yet another curse INFPs must live with. Since I discovered MBTI several years ago I don't think there has a been a single, damn day I haven't asked myself if I'm really an INFP. Now Socionics has me even more confused and I'm starting to wonder if I'm really an INFJ. I'm dreading the next personality test that comes out even though I know I'll be attracted to it like a fish to a baited hook.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Since I discovered MBTI several years ago I don't think there has a been a single, damn day I haven't asked myself if I'm really an INFP.
    lol, ME TOO.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I got a better since of who I am after I accepted Jesus as the Lord of my life.
    In what way. Please explain.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hah. You didn't get a better sense of who you are. What you got was an easy answer.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

  14. #14
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't believe in any gods, but I respect those who do as long as they aren't ignorant about it.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Careful guys, do not put people down who express spirituality ...

    Also, I would not consider faith in God or Jesus an easy answer; maybe it might be if you are one of those lazy shallow Christians who do not read the bible, but in all typicality it is not.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with what your saying rmc. I've just decided not to respond to these type of things because the topic will last forever back and forth.

  17. #17
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Huh?

    And I agree with Harry. I always avoid conversations that are perpetual. I dont see the point since Im not big into arguing as competition.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Huh?

    And I agree with Harry. I always avoid conversations that are perpetual. I dont see the point since Im not big into arguing as competition.
    That is good, cause I have no problem argueing until kingdom come, and even 3 times over in multiple languages if that is what it takes.

  19. #19
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Ohhh I see! Yes Ive done that before but this time it wasnt intentional. I was really honest about not knowing the guest part. I was wondering if anyone here wrote any of the guest replies haha. You have to realize that Im catching up on memorizing people here. The rest of the Fe arsenol of secrets will cost you 10 bucks. US currency only

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Black Molley,

    You also may not have been aware what I have gone through in my life. I use to be involved in all sorts of pagan activity and had wiccan influence when younger. I use to scoff at God and I mocked Satan ... I would curse God and ask him why he put us through misery and I challenged satan and encouraged his wrath ... I denied the existance of both.

    God remained silent, but satan answered. I was so foolish, allowing Satan to control me and destroy my life. He would have done it, too; had Christ not intervened.

    Now, I can say nothing less than that Christ is my lord and saviour, he cleaned me up and freed me from my own filth, my misery, and gave my life actual meaning.

    God allows us all to make our own choices, good or bad ... but, he will reach out to those who are sincerely seeking. If what you seek is filth, he will allow you filth. But just so long as you know it is going into the incenerator, would you really be so attached as to follow it?

    Just something to think about, I am finished for now.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I am not your daughter and I am far from prejudiced ... If one can not relate, then I do not know what else could be said. Though I do agree that the moral majority typically has an unbiblical and even mythical view of hell and death in general.

  22. #22
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Though I do agree that the moral majority typically has an unbiblical and even mythical view of hell and death in general.

    What if biblical is mythical? Dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn. Or hyper-reality. (dont answer btw, Im being a smart ass =p)

    I do like my best friends worm food statement abut life/death. It is as simple as that. Personally Im agnostic tho. I have had bad issues with churches (trying to change/control me when there was clearly nothing wrong) but thats there loss. the only thing that has peeved me off in recent years is when my sister passed away and every religious freak show in the world tried to "console us" with their random religious influence. I was beyond pissed. How dare they interupt a family crisis with their bull honkey when all we needed was peace.

  23. #23
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "My humble apologies to you, rmcnew and MysticSonic. "

    Why did you appologize to me?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "My humble apologies to you, rmcnew and MysticSonic. "

    Why did you appologize to me?
    Because you are a moderator ...

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It took me a lot of years and soul searching to come to a place I feel at home in. Wouldn't it be nice if someone would say, "I am very happy for you."


    I'm having major deja vu, here.
    Me too. But it's because someone's signature I think. It was something with the quadras and "feeling at home".. d0h I forgot.
    http://forum.socionix.com

    I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

    EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •