TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Se Polr is a B**** of a function

Se polr is a b*** of a function

Se polr is the fear of reality being manifest in individuals you love take my ex boyfriend and how I experienced my father's diabetic muscle degeneration when I feared the same would happen to my ex, through relational experience or reality of a disease. It's reality transposed in relationships, as Se is function that observes what is happening coupled with Fi, in what is happening or could happen with others.

I panicked and thought the progression of events would occure in someone else I love,

It's a bitch of a function because I then sound like I'm being critical of their health habits, leaning back to Si HA in trying to get them to eat and be healthy in order to avoid the same possible thing in happening to them.

It's the inability to grasp the real qualities of the object as they are in real time instead it's grasping the qualities of the object through Ni, what could happen in time if certain things are not done right. I lack will, not courage but desire, pleasure, my wishes over things. I give up a sense of my self.

It's the thought of losing someone you love in EII, or parting away with relationships that are static to me. Static positivist means not easily changed, not dynamic negativist.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-15-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess i just need a hug sometimes, someone to tell me everything will be ok. That's not all I need, when what is functioning is fear of Se qualities of health through Ni, what I really need is a nice dose of Te through Se. My cousin. I call her to go check on my dad's condition, to gather the facts and see what's been happening and report back to me what she concludes. Through her assessments, I feel much more safe and assured that things will be ok. Emotions.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-15-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*HUG*

No idea whats happening.

But heres another HHHHUUUGGG

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maritsa
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa.. will you ever be free of socionics??

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Free like crazed rat who traded one typology for the other. I've got an interesting Tarot card for you, crazed - it's called The Devil.
    Last edited by Absurd; 03-15-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post

Se polr is the fear of reality being manifest in individuals you love take my ex boyfriend and how I experienced my father's diabetic muscle degeneration when I feared the same would happen to my ex, through relational experience or reality of a disease. It's reality transposed in relationships, as Se is function that observes what is happening coupled with Fi, in what is happening or could happen with others.

I panicked and thought the progression of events would occure in someone else I love,

It's a bitch of a function because I then sound like I'm being critical of their health habits, leaning back to Si HA in trying to get them to eat and be healthy in order to avoid the same possible thing in happening to them.

It's the inability to grasp the real qualities of the object as they are in real time instead it's grasping the qualities of the object through Ni, what could happen in time if certain things are not done right. I lack will, not courage but desire, pleasure, my wishes over things. I give up a sense of my self.

It's the thought of losing someone you love in EII, or parting away with relationships that are static to me. Static positivist means not easily changed, not dynamic negativist.
    Isn't it great if you can blame your troubles on things that are outside of your control?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

1)google everything about diabetic muscle degeneration
    2)gather data
    3)come up with a list of natural therapies
    3)bombard everyone close to your dad with it.demand that they make sure he adheres to your protocol.
    4)be asked to drop it
    5)don't
    6)get everyone stop talking to you
    7)explain to them how they are being unprocessed non-infj beasts
    8)be disinherited

don't be sad and most importantly don't hold on your Se polr so tightly.did you find out that he is a diabetic and has muscle degeneration at once or the latter is an implication of the former (which you knew in advance)? anyway,don't be a pessimist. *h...hugs*

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    1)google everything about diabetic muscle degeneration
    2)gather data
    3)come up with a list of natural therapies
    3)bombard everyone close to your dad with it.demand that they make sure he adheres to your protocol.
    4)be asked to drop it
    5)don't
    6)get everyone stop talking to you
    7)explain to them how they are being unprocessed non-infj beasts
    8)be disinherited

don't be sad and most importantly don't hold on your Se polr so tightly.did you find out that he is a diabetic and has muscle degeneration at once or the latter is an implication of the former (which you knew in advance)? anyway,don't be a pessimist. *h...hugs*
    That sounds more like Si-HA to me
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    That sounds more like Si-HA to me
    Lol worse yet, it sounds like ti ha
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All polrs suck to have. Pretty sure that's the point.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol worse yet, it sounds like ti ha
    yeah the list, etc... maybe..and the demanding adherence to it...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Yeah. This. My dad had his. Surgery...things are fair...
    -

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main way I notice my polr is when someone's confrontational with me. I don't know what to do. I'm not willing to simply acquiesce, but I have no idea how else to conduct myself, so I usually act completely passive in the situation which tends to come off as acquiescence anyway, then as soon as I'm out of the interaction, I run away from the whole issue, which makes it seem like I went back on my word.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    The main way I notice my polr is when someone's confrontational with me. I don't know what to do. I'm not willing to simply acquiesce, but I have no idea how else to conduct myself, so I usually act completely passive in the situation which tends to come off as acquiescence anyway, then as soon as I'm out of the interaction, I run away from the whole issue, which makes it seem like I went back on my word.
    I don't act passive, I try to reason with the person, to bring humanity back into their conscience. They often respond with force or pushiness unfortunately.
    -

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank god humanity still has people who fight to raise consciousness

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well, you could try to just get help for a lack of self-confidence rather than trying to explain a mental problem via socionics. It's like when I thought I couldn't get a job just because I had te polr, but nah - I just was scared of people and needed to learn to face my fears somehow on my own terms. Also deep down I felt like I couldn't ever be good at anything being torn down my entire life by ghetto people who were jealous of others' successes.

Tbh you pissed me off a little last night, because you acted like you needed help - then I helped you and you were all 'thanks but I like being a martyr.' Well if you're gonna think in your head that the way Jadae is treating you is some sort of erotic roleplay, then I can't exactly play hero or try to be your pal in that sense. Sometimes females annoys me with how two-faced they think they need to be, and I'm glad that I don't want to sleep with your kind lol. Realistically it's like you just wanted attention. And even if he was being an ass, now he can save face and just say that he was kicking you out for your own good.

Goddamn Jesus Fucking Christ Maritsa. *facepalm* Just be honest and say you liked to give the guy head, you didn't care how mean he treated you because you found him hot. God it would be awesome if women could be that honest. And bullshit this fake 'I'm a humanitarian' crap. Why the hell would you act hurt and then act like it doesn't bother you? So deep down you like when Ashton teases you huh. He's a pretty attractive dude, and you like that sort of shit huh. Let's all gangbang Maritsa's str8 female pussy.

Don't you live in LA? I think that might be unhealthy, there are A LOT and a lot of narcissists that live in LA.... if you really were a humanitarian you would live in midwest like I do. Of course I'm trolling you because even I am getting a little impatient with you.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 03-17-2013 at 08:27 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Goddamn Jesus Fucking Christ Maritsa. *facepalm* Just be honest and say you liked to give the guy head, you didn't care how mean he treated you because you found him hot. God it would be awesome if women could be that honest. And bullshit this fake 'I'm a humanitarian' crap. Why the hell would you act hurt and then act like it doesn't bother you? So deep down you like when Ashton teases you huh. He's a pretty attractive dude, and you like that sort of shit huh. Let's all gangbang Maritsa's str8 female pussy.
    LOL

-

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't act passive, I try to reason with the person, to bring humanity back into their conscience. They often respond with force or pushiness unfortunately.
    Oh fucking GET OFF IT ALREADY.

Because you're not some christian martyr perfect mary sue that can bring back a soul into a deranged sociopathic str8 male bad boy. Only they can do that, if they wish. Just own up and admit that stuff is hot erotically but in real life it's cruel and emotionally abusive. Just admit that the reason you're drawn to it is because your str8 female DNA is drawn to the alpha male bad boy. You're not really some paragon of saintlihood maritsa, because you don't even care much how much this is effecting me (even though I realize it's stupid to get involved in somebody else's personal life.) But that's the point: Nobody is really a saint, and why can't you just accept yourself and others the way that they are?

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    i've come across this with 1 intj I know. it's actually quite sad because I'm constantly wondering whether i'm being pushy and whether she acquiesces out of wanting to 'get out of the whole situation' or whether she sincerely is up for X thing. i've noticed she does a lot of 'ignoring' too tho, heh, and then i just do not contact her for a long time - which then makes me sad.
    s don't always have our own ideas of what we'd like to do (physically or socially) right now. In fact I usually don't, so I enjoy having someone around who comes up with interesting stuff to do, and I'm usually pretty much ambivalent about which to do, and just content to have someone providing the variety and energy. That said, keep an eye on a s anxiety level. Under normal conditions we shouldn't seem emotionally uncertain or anxious (often withdrawn, but that can be its own kind of certainty), if we do, it's probably because of being directed at us. Also, as a general rule of thumb, don't try to "close off" our alternatives, regardless of the emotional atmosphere it's done with (even playfully), as that's pure and probably won't go over too well.

Sometimes we ignore people because it's the best defense we have against , but sometimes we also ignore people because we just aren't instigators. Don't take a 's failure to initiate interaction as meaningful, as in my experience, it usually isn't.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    s don't always have our own ideas of what we'd like to do (physically or socially) right now. In fact I usually don't, so I enjoy having someone around who comes up with interesting stuff to do, and I'm usually pretty much ambivalent about which to do, and just content to have someone providing the variety and energy. That said, keep an eye on a s anxiety level. Under normal conditions we shouldn't seem emotionally uncertain or anxious (often withdrawn, but that can be its own kind of certainty), if we do, it's probably because of being directed at us. Also, as a general rule of thumb, don't try to "close off" our alternatives, regardless of the emotional atmosphere it's done with (even playfully), as that's pure and probably won't go over too well.

Sometimes we ignore people because it's the best defense we have against , but sometimes we also ignore people because we just aren't instigators. Don't take a 's failure to initiate interaction as meaningful, as in my experience, it usually isn't.
    Excellent post and most of it applies to me as well; thanks.
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually understood this and this brings me back to what socionics is based in: psychology. In other words the persons fears, neuroticisms, everything related to how they are experiencing things internally. My sister is EII...she has this obsessive fear of certain things I would laugh at that sound similar to your thinking. For example she would never lift heavy weights or do manly sorta workouts because she thought they were dangerous and basically got stuck on the yoga and stairstepper type equipment (and never lost weight), she became vegetarian because of fear of things like saturated fat and mad cow whilst being overweight still lol. The negative impacts of these things often outweighed the benefits because of the lack of nuance in their use. She also has other weird habits I see as OCD fear and paranoia (which LSE seem to share a flavor of in a more immediate material sense): she hates when people lean back on 2 legs in 4 leg chairs because they could fall or break the chair or keeping their house super clean, and in communication with others never insulting and doing anything exciting or daring and being polite to a fault.

Reading the wikisocion I see my own Te polr at work all the time in my daily chores and activities and having a sort of hyper diligence on them that burns me out making me accomplish less and then do nothing and be lazy. For example I read about my model year car having a tendency to sludge up with normal oil:synthetic oil was recommended. Therefore I spent too much time researching which synthetic oil was best and ended up confused as to what is best. (choice paralysis often occurs with me as I try to make the best possible Ni decision) I knew the big oil corps are assholes and I know also the little companies often bullshit too playing off of the fears. I ended up choosing some mobil 1 15,000 oil become it seemed like it would save money that way. (far fewer oil changes are needed vs 3000 obviously) Anyhow when I got my actual oil change at a shop I had a feeling they would fuck it up because they seemed new to the job and derps in general, not to mention these shops are notoriously bullshiters. Lo and behold...probably because using customer oil was a new procedure to the new derp, when I get home...they have overfilled my oil by putting in the extra 5th quart I had in the car for top offs. It was waaay over the max line. My car is a 4 quart capacity and putting in an extra quart can kill your engine in just a few hundred miles. I was so pissed at not using my Ni and checking the oil stick right away, although I had verified they had changed my filter. After huffing and puffing and reading about it at home I went back and the guy admitted he had been a derp and put in 5. But his boss who didn't overhear our conversation tried to look good by saying my car musta been one of those weird 3 quart cars. What an ass.
    So I didn't realize the implications of this but basically they took out HALF a quart. So I was still above the max line but I didn't want to go back because I just have such rage for these dumbasses. Bad sources... I have a good mechanic "source" I like but he lives 20 minutes away and I didn't want to bother him for just an oil change. I think an LSE in this situation may have done similar actions but would have been less bothered at managing the derps and recongnizing he would have to be attentive to their derpness or would have taken his car to a Toyota dealer because they would be "the" source on how to fix these cars even though you overpay there. Luckily I JUST read that these cars need to be filled with an extra half quart...so I'm all good there lol.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se polr is the fear of reality being manifest in individuals you love...

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Let it all out, Esaman. Tell us what you're thinking about it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    I actually understood this and this brings me back to what socionics is based in: psychology. In other words the persons fears, neuroticisms, everything related to how they are experiencing things internally. My sister is EII...she has this obsessive fear of certain things I would laugh at that sound similar to your thinking. For example she would never lift heavy weights or do manly sorta workouts because she thought they were dangerous and basically got stuck on the yoga and stairstepper type equipment (and never lost weight), she became vegetarian because of fear of things like saturated fat and mad cow whilst being overweight still lol. The negative impacts of these things often outweighed the benefits because of the lack of nuance in their use. She also has other weird habits I see as OCD fear and paranoia (which LSE seem to share a flavor of in a more immediate material sense): she hates when people lean back on 2 legs in 4 leg chairs because they could fall or break the chair or keeping their house super clean, and in communication with others never insulting and doing anything exciting or daring and being polite to a fault.

Reading the wikisocion I see my own Te polr at work all the time in my daily chores and activities and having a sort of hyper diligence on them that burns me out making me accomplish less and then do nothing and be lazy. For example I read about my model year car having a tendency to sludge up with normal oil:synthetic oil was recommended. Therefore I spent too much time researching which synthetic oil was best and ended up confused as to what is best. (choice paralysis often occurs with me as I try to make the best possible Ni decision) I knew the big oil corps are assholes and I know also the little companies often bullshit too playing off of the fears. I ended up choosing some mobil 1 15,000 oil become it seemed like it would save money that way. (far fewer oil changes are needed vs 3000 obviously) Anyhow when I got my actual oil change at a shop I had a feeling they would fuck it up because they seemed new to the job and derps in general, not to mention these shops are notoriously bullshiters. Lo and behold...probably because using customer oil was a new procedure to the new derp, when I get home...they have overfilled my oil by putting in the extra 5th quart I had in the car for top offs. It was waaay over the max line. My car is a 4 quart capacity and putting in an extra quart can kill your engine in just a few hundred miles. I was so pissed at not using my Ni and checking the oil stick right away, although I had verified they had changed my filter. After huffing and puffing and reading about it at home I went back and the guy admitted he had been a derp and put in 5. But his boss who didn't overhear our conversation tried to look good by saying my car musta been one of those weird 3 quart cars. What an ass.
    So I didn't realize the implications of this but basically they took out HALF a quart. So I was still above the max line but I didn't want to go back because I just have such rage for these dumbasses. Bad sources... I have a good mechanic "source" I like but he lives 20 minutes away and I didn't want to bother him for just an oil change. I think an LSE in this situation may have done similar actions but would have been less bothered at managing the derps and recongnizing he would have to be attentive to their derpness or would have taken his car to a Toyota dealer because they would be "the" source on how to fix these cars even though you overpay there. Luckily I JUST read that these cars need to be filled with an extra half quart...so I'm all good there lol.
    I have similar fears when people do things like that too, like leaning back on chairs because of that again how Se/Ni interact within me...I picture that person falling and getting hurt through that action and event, whereas something more realistic would be, the person fell.

This was an excellent post. Thank you.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I don't have a problem with my PoLR.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I don't have a problem with my PoLR.
    Of course you don't; your polr is Ni.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.