Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which socionics test is most valid/accurate?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which socionics test is most valid/accurate?

Dear friends,
    it is long time - the time to check the socionics tests for valididty and to find the one and only Or may be a few valid tests - even better.
    Please, let me know, which tests in your view is relieable and worth to be chaecked for validity. If you can help to check the tests for validity, if you know how to do it or you can help to collect the statistics - very welcome! ))
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I tell my family and friends, the only valid Socionics test is the polikujm test.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NONE OF THEM

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All of them are fine actually, even the ones that do not exist yet, Galen.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personality testing is riddled with problems, and no test to date really solves them. From people not having a correct perception of their own behavior, to misinterpreting testing questions. No personality test in any personality theory is going to be accurate however I guarantee it's a guilty pleasure of almost everyone on this forum to take all of them.

My personal favorite and the one I have interested parties take is the following link.

http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I answered everything.

No suggestions :<

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    I answered everything.

No suggestions :<
    I don't understand what you just said, excuse me, but would you please rephrase it?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand what you just said, excuse me, but would you please rephrase it?
    Apologies, but given the context I assumed my comment would be self explanatory.

I took the test you linked, answered all of the questions and received no suggestions with regards to my type.

Ergo, shit test.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Apologies, but given the context I assumed my comment would be self explanatory.

I took the test you linked, answered all of the questions and received no suggestions with regards to my type.

Ergo, shit test.
    Hahhaha!!! This forum can't get any better. Serioulsy, I'm going to log on here for much needed crying therapy.
    Last edited by Absurd; 03-15-2013 at 04:56 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't understand it, man. I thought these tests were meant to be accurate.

;-)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just don't understand it, man. I thought these tests were meant to be accurate.
    Well, it's Reinin for you, he's selling trinkets with Bukalov, and they come with a price, that is, they're really expensive. Just pick three you resonate with, for a start.

Whatever three dichotomies you pick, you're going to get blessed by some type.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ergo, shit test.
    That's because you're not supposed to answer everything. It eliminates types when you choose a dichotomy combination which does not exactly align with their reinin traits. That means if you choose "Introvert", all extroverted types are automatically out of the question. Of course, answering every question will quickly give you a combination no type shares. But if you take the test as it is written above and choose 3-4 traits which you are sure about, you'll get proper results.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know.

I was being amusing :<

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You certainly made it entertaining, I wondered why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about this one? http://grafol.ru/swet/anketa.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Looks like it got only more complicated.

Best answer to a question asked there is this: хочу понять, почему мне так не везет.

EDIT: And reinforced by graphology for better impact.
    Last edited by Absurd; 03-15-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Afaik there haven't been any serious attempts made to check the accuracy and validity of different socionics tests. Personally out of this pile I remember liking these ones: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/ & http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ergo, shit test.
    You only choose a few functions and it gives you a result on the right
    -

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You only choose a few functions and it gives you a result on the right
    You're legit away with the fairies, aren't you?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're legit away with the fairies, aren't you?
    Again, I don't understand what you're saying.
    -

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lo siento - ¿hablas español?

Mi inglés es puta facíl entender - tú eres loca.

xoxoxox

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meow

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lo siento - ¿hablas español?

Mi inglés es puta facíl entender - tú eres loca.

xoxoxox
    no yo no habla espanol.
    -

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I once took a socionics test where each letter in the results taunted me by smugly dancing around on my screen. Letters that ought to be punched.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    I once took a socionics test where each letter in the results taunted me by smugly dancing around on my screen. Letters that ought to be punched.
    Would you say it was wasted time?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    That same test told me I was an INTp.

Lol.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all for comments.I had a pleasure and a lough reading this tread. I will check out the links you gave.
    At the moment there are two verbal tests which seem to be the most liked among russian soiconists: test of Gulenko and test of Fersen. If we could find somebody on this forum who would be interested to make an English version of these tests that would be good for validating the tests.

Another very important issue with the tests - they flactuate the results as a psyche flactuates as well. The psyche is flexible even though the type is considered to be stable and no changing through lifetime. That is why it is not realistic to expect that we shall have 80% of the coincidence with a true type of a person for majority of people. There will be a minority who will get straight into the right type on a number of tests and minority who will show very different results on the same test - retest. The majority of people will flactuate the result for one dichotomy on repeat of the same test and can show the same or similar result by doing two different socionics test.

This means that the validation of the test should consider the issue of flactuation exaclty as it is considered in MBTI. If you wish to cheek it out do the same test of your choice three times and post your results here - although it would be good we choose one and the same test for all and compare it with MBTI results as they consider their test valid. ))
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe it or not, this one is pretty good. http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r.html?0::: They have descriptions for each word and if you take the time to fill everything out, it tends to be pretty accurate for myself. It will even give inbetween types if the results are considered inconclusive.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This means that the validation of the test should consider the issue of flactuation exaclty as it is considered in MBTI.

How is fluctuation considered in MBTI?

Took the socionictest.net three times:

INTP(Balzac) - 265
    INTJ(Robespierre) - 210
    ENTP(Don Quixote) - 205

INTP (Balzac) - 320
    INTJ (Robespierre) - 265
    ISTP (Gabin) - 235

INTP(Balzac) - 230
    ENTJ(Jack London) - 185
    ENTP(Don Quixote) - 180

Then took the Humanmetrics.com MBTI

INTP
    Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(62%) Perceiving(33)%
    You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
    You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)
    Wisdom: Knowledge condensed in antithetical propositions.

"Life is all about my most recent and pompous interpretation" [Narcisistic Scoundrel (Begining of Humanity - End of Humanity)]

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Afaik there haven't been any serious attempts made to check the accuracy and validity of different socionics tests. Personally out of this pile I remember liking these ones: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/ & http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx.
    Yeah, both are fine.

Test Results
    Your Sociotype: LSE-2Te (ESTj)
    Brief Description of the LSE

Using extroverted thinking as his base function and introverted sensing as his creative, the LSE excels at identifying methods and tools that can improve one's efficiency and productivity. This understanding, coupled with the LSE's high energy levels and generally strong work ethic, makes him a very productive individual. As such, he generally performs very well in lower and mid level management where attention to productivity, organization, and detail take precedence. At home, the LSE likes to surround himself with aesthetically pleasing items that also have a functional use. Socializing, the LSE enjoys enteraining small groups of people with thoughtful discussions or light-hearted games. At his best, the LSE's drive for perfection at home and at work make him a good employee and reliable family member. At his worst, the LSE can become overly concerned and worried when trying to plan for the future, and he tries to mitigate this concern by minimizing risk below the level that many other types would be perfectly comfortable with. Learn more about the LSE here!

Other Possible Types

SLI (ISTp): 96% as likely as LSE.
    LIE (ENTj): 68% as likely as LSE.
    ILI (INTp): 64% as likely as LSE.

Sociotype CharacteristicsSmall Groups First Tier Dichotomies Second Tier Dichotomies Third Tier Dichotomies Fourth Tier Dichotomies
    Quadra: Delta
    Club: Pragmatists
    Temperament: EJ
    Romance Styles:
    Primary: Caregiver
    Secondary: Victim Extrovert
    Sensing
    Logical
    Rational (Judging) Dynamic
    Yielding
    Aristocratic
    Tactical
    Emotivist
    Farsighted Serious
    Judicious
    Negativist
    Process Asking

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    ISTP(Gabin) - 190
    INTP(Balzac) - 175
    ENTP(Don Quixote) - 175

INTJ(Robespierre) - 145
    ESTJ(Stirlitz) - 145
    ESTP(Zhukov) - 145
    ENTJ(Jack London) - 130
    ENFP(Huxley) - 130
    ESFP(Napoleon) - 125
    ISFP(Dumas) - 120
    ISTJ(Maxim Gorky) - 120
    ESFJ(Hugo) - 100
    INFP(Yesenin) - 85
    INFJ(Dostoyevsky) - 75
    ISFJ(Dreiser) - 70
    ENFJ(Hamlet) - 65
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooooooooooooooooooh shnap.

INTP(Balzac) - 250
    INTJ(Robespierre) - 250
    ESTP(Zhukov) - 240

ENTJ(Jack London) - 240
    ENTP(Don Quixote) - 205
    ISTJ(Maxim Gorky) - 205
    ISTP(Gabin) - 205
    ESTJ(Stirlitz) - 195
    ENFJ(Hamlet) - 190
    ESFJ(Hugo) - 185
    INFJ(Dostoyevsky) - 165
    INFP(Yesenin) - 165
    ISFJ(Dreiser) - 160
    ISFP(Dumas) - 160
    ENFP(Huxley) - 155
    ESFP(Napoleon) - 150

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...we can safely call those results "valid".
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huzzah!

INTJ(Robespierre) - 290
    INTP(Balzac) - 255
    ENTP(Don Quixote) - 235

ISTP(Gabin) - 210
    ISTJ(Maxim Gorky) - 205
    INFJ(Dostoyevsky) - 190
    ESTP(Zhukov) - 190
    ENTJ(Jack London) - 185
    ESTJ(Stirlitz) - 180
    INFP(Yesenin) - 175
    ENFP(Huxley) - 170
    ENFJ(Hamlet) - 140
    ISFJ(Dreiser) - 135
    ESFJ(Hugo) - 125
    ISFP(Dumas) - 120
    ESFP(Napoleon) - 75
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took the test that Tackk suggested above and received the result of INXp.

It seemed to me that the test has had more words added to it since I last took it some years back.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    Believe it or not, this one is pretty good. http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r.html?0::: They have descriptions for each word and if you take the time to fill everything out, it tends to be pretty accurate for myself. It will even give inbetween types if the results are considered inconclusive.
    i took this again the other day because i hadn't taken it in years (i got infp when i took it like 6+ years ago and decided socionics was stupid because all i knew of it was that website). this time it gave me ixfj or istp and then another question narrowed it down to isfp...? confusing.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is settled. you are isfp.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lucky me!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't let Ganin's tests confuse you. His knowledge of Socionics is confusing even to himself, probably.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast