Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Primitive control of the body over complexity

  1. #1
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Primitive control of the body over complexity

    Is this more prominent with certain types than others? Is it possible that the body and feelings are dictating your actions rather than the mind? You are viewing it, but it is not responding to your goals, instead it gets distracted by the natural routine mechanism. The ability to divert the feelings and natural responses to when they are required and dictate yourself with strong will then mental colloboration would occur. To elaborate, our actions are the result of the body or natural mechanism that is strongly connected. Our minds or hidden goals and desires are disconnected and as a result they seem to be lost. Adapting to life further seperates the boundary and makes it more difficult to translate your ideals into reality. If a disconnected individual trains him or herself into a deep collaboration or stronger will then it could translate to higher productivity and enriched fulfillment of one's goals.

    It's almost as if your losing control of your character. Like your controlling a video game character, but it is most likely that the character will ignore your command. It will direct itself to a more desirable or familiar action and it will delay the command as much as possible until it requests its attention in a position of emergency. Over time, society will train the character to become more adaptable and flexible in its terms. In the terms outside it will not be as developed since the position of emergency or caution will never arise. We are naturally animals that seek desire in the simplest form despite our goals and complex thoughts. We are manipulated in the area of conscientious, however in order to reach higher levels of development in other areas, we need to extreme self-discipline from ourselves.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  2. #2
    Creepy-

    Default

    I think I understand you.


    And also, I was going to write a topic about seeing your life as a first person RPG... but later perhaps.

    We are naturally animals that seek desire in the simplest form despite our goals and complex thoughts. We are manipulated in the area of conscientious, however in order to reach higher levels of development in other areas, we need to extreme self-discipline from ourselves.
    I'm working with that a lot. Making a structure for yourself, a routine, or principled centered lifestyle is very interesting, and difficult to do, but books like the 7 habits help. Good luck. I know I need it.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm confused. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. It seems like that could be any type. My first instincts were the INF or INTers.... when you mentioned disconnecting. I don't really view it as disconnecting though, just that we can go a long time without getting sensing-type gratifications.

    Then you kind of like, went backwards, and I thought of EST or ESFers. My personal belief is that we lose control when our point of least resistance is ultra-strong and there's no chance to escape using the other functions. That's my theory anyway... I've had situations where that happened before and it was like I was losing my mind, my vision blurred and fear became so overwhelming it was like I was in the twilight zone.

    Most situations, you can kinda balance your weaknesses though. It's kind of like a rare thing, like you have no psychological defenses. Is that what you're talking about? I've experienced that before...it's like you can't be yourself at all and you can't be anybody else so like you just feel stuck in space and time. It's scary and it feels like you're not really there...there's no being brave, because there's no hope to latch onto.

    That's why, folks, there's just some situations and jobs that I really think are against type...

  4. #4
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I think I understand you.


    And also, I was going to write a topic about seeing your life as a first person RPG... but later perhaps.

    We are naturally animals that seek desire in the simplest form despite our goals and complex thoughts. We are manipulated in the area of conscientious, however in order to reach higher levels of development in other areas, we need to extreme self-discipline from ourselves.
    I'm working with that a lot. Making a structure for yourself, a routine, or principled centered lifestyle is very interesting, and difficult to do, but books like the 7 habits help. Good luck. I know I need it.
    Thanks, I'm glad to know that you understand this, I was scared that noone will. Yeah, I think that the best approach to life is seeing it as an RPG as well because I believe a lot of people take it too seriously. I believe we need to learn to be riskier people and develop routines that influence us toward our goals. I am also trying to structure my life as well in a manner that would be beneficial in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    Most situations, you can kinda balance your weaknesses though. It's kind of like a rare thing, like you have no psychological defenses. Is that what you're talking about? I've experienced that before...it's like you can't be yourself at all and you can't be anybody else so like you just feel stuck in space and time. It's scary and it feels like you're not really there...there's no being brave, because there's no hope to latch onto.
    Yeah, this is what I am trying to say to an extent. Basically, every action that is performed is useless in the long run and is against what our goals are, but we do them anyways regardless.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balzac
    Body/mind is a dichotomy now?
    thank you.

    i, for one, have never understood why there need be any distinction between body and mind. the mind is a part of the body.

  6. #6
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzac
    Body/mind is a dichotomy now?
    thank you.

    i, for one, have never understood why there need be any distinction between body and mind. the mind is a part of the body.
    I agree, but have you never felt that your mind is a separate entity from your body? Have you never felt de-realization?
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  7. #7
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzac
    Body/mind is a dichotomy now?
    thank you.

    i, for one, have never understood why there need be any distinction between body and mind. the mind is a part of the body.
    Well, one could intepret that as well. I should of chose my words more carefully. The key is not specifically unity between mind and body, but between the "primitive mind" and "complex mind".

    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    I agree, but have you never felt that your mind is a separate entity from your body? Have you never felt de-realization?
    I think that our primitive mind is based on primal feeling and nostaglic familiarity usually wins the war over the complex version of our mind that seeks to fulfill long term goals or accomplish difficult tasks. People that are successful are the ones that allowed their human/complex mind to control the primitive/animal mind and seek dominance.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger

    I agree, but have you never felt that your mind is a separate entity from your body? Have you never felt de-realization?
    no.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler

    Well, one could intepret that as well. I should of chose my words more carefully. The key is not specifically unity between mind and body, but between the "primitive mind" and "complex mind".
    to me they appear identical. the "complex mind" is just more developed than its instictual counterpart.

  10. #10
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler

    Well, one could intepret that as well. I should of chose my words more carefully. The key is not specifically unity between mind and body, but between the "primitive mind" and "complex mind".
    to me they appear identical. the "complex mind" is just more developed than its instictual counterpart.
    They can appear identical, however that is because together they make up what is your personality and you as an individual. However, I believe independently one can retain more dominance over different types of decisions. The complex mind would respond to a situation based on a cost/benefit approarch. The primitive mind would respond using an immediate gratification approach.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  11. #11
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Well, one could intepret that as well. I should of chose my words more carefully. The key is not specifically unity between mind and body, but between the "primitive mind" and "complex mind".
    The primitive mind could be seen as an aspect of the body, instincts. Higher concousness developed on top of that, but its still the same entity. Increased nerve endings seem to give a sense localization creating a sense of seperateness, at least that's my opinon.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balzac
    Body/mind is a dichotomy now?
    THANK YOU

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    thank you.

    i, for one, have never understood why there need be any distinction between body and mind. the mind is a part of the body.
    heh didn't see that

  13. #13
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think what Traveler means is the distinction between consciousness and unconsciousness.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  14. #14
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,703
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    I think what Traveler means is the distinction between consciousness and unconsciousness.
    Yes, this is connected with this discussion. I remember Mysticsonic making a topic about this. I find that when I make decisions, these two seem to battle it out, but of course the consciousness usually wins. However, I find that my unconsciousness seems to make the correct decisions and is appears rational and logical.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm I disagree that we have a human mind vs. a primitive mind. I view it as all primitive and all human more or less.

    I strongly believe that 'thinking intuitively' is just as much an instinct as wanting to fuck somebody's brains out, excuse my crude-ness. You can't compare us to other animals because we're not other animals. I don't see how being sentient goes against nature, when sentiency (sp?) itself is a part of that nature...

    Sometimes people view people like Priests/teachers as 'going against nature' but the desire to learn and 'be a better person' and 'search for higher truth' is just as natural as craving water to me...

  16. #16
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can't compare us to other animals because we're not other animals.
    Yes we are. By this comparison, I should not be able to compare a chimpanzee to a gorilla, because a gorilla is another animal. But these comparisons are quite common in the fields of science. I do not know why humans are somehow entitled to be left out of such comparisons as well. Sentience? Ha!
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •