Thread: Type me please?

TIM
    IEI-N-Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me please? Video analysis

Hiii I'm a newbie to socionics from the simple, misguided land of MBTI here to hopefully escape from the "type-ism" phenomena. Hypocritically, I start this thread to ask for a typing. I have hope however that I won't box myself up again to be typical of a type because this time the theory focuses on intertype relationships which is super cool. Anyways, a synopsis is in order:

- University student double majoring Government+International Relations, and Anthropology. Other subjects im interested in are: the history of science, psychology, ethics, political economics, philosophy, cultural studies, media studies etc. artsy stuff, you get the idea.
    - Hobbies include playing pokemon, MMOs, watching tv shows online, sometimes making pretty little things, listening to good music, and going out with friends.

That's all I can come up with at the moment, any questions?

Here is a video of me quickly answering a typing form on PersonalityCafe:
    Last edited by hyperrcrisis; 02-20-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: insertedvideo
    He has the tact of a brick

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My first impressions are IXXp. INFp > INTp > ISFp > ISTp

Haven't seen your video because of work, but my head is telling me stuff.

^_^

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xLI?
    ♥ your accent
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

buuhh gonna watch this again after I sleep, but yeah, so far I'm leaning hard Ni-ILI, which rules coz we duals. Ni-INxp @ the very least, and definitely Pi-sub IP. Definitely a safe move to change the "?" in yo tritype to "5". And yeah, the part with the not being sure how to please both people in a group that are into different shit or whatevs strikes me as a > thing too, and if it sucks for me to do all of that bullshit where it's like a bunch of empty pointless joviality that effectively erases every participating individual into this faceless quasi-human sea, then I'm guessing it's hell on you. And yeah, welcome aboard!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hyperrcrisis View Post
    double majoring Government+International Relations, and Anthropology. Other subjects im interested in are: the history of science, psychology, ethics, political economics, philosophy, cultural studies, media studies etc. artsy stuff, you get the idea.
    Nice list. How strongly would you rate your race consciousness and what is your stance on euthanasia?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

xSxp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh look, Maritsa is dumb.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you didn't want a type, but at the same you did, and you didn't want to tell us which type you believe to be in MBTI, but you did.
    i seem to get the same problem over and over again, when trying to type someone who is aking for a type... This task is almost invariantly doomed, because the unconsciousness being vomited overall and the information shared always being so close to that theoretical one that it seems almost redundant to type you as ILI.

I feel the attempt of being manipulated each time this happens, like some sort of marketing gone too evident for its own good. So i'm highly skeptical about people talking about themselves. The more you seem to know about the theory, the more you match your self-image with the system.

Anyhow you sound like an INTP gone ILI.
    Wisdom: Knowledge condensed in antithetical propositions.

"Life is all about my most recent and pompous interpretation" [Narcisistic Scoundrel (Begining of Humanity - End of Humanity)]

TIM
    IEI-N-Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpsy Knievel View Post
    Nice list. How strongly would you rate your race consciousness and what is your stance on euthanasia?
    on a scale of 1-10: 1 being a colour blind canine and 10 being a redneck politician, i would rate myself 3. I am generally pro euthanasia with the exception of suspicious circumstances where a family member is obviously trying to inherit the comatose/vegetable person's money.

TIM
    IEI-N-Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zcyd View Post
    So you didn't want a type, but at the same you did, and you didn't want to tell us which type you believe to be in MBTI, but you did.
    i seem to get the same problem over and over again, when trying to type someone who is aking for a type... This task is almost invariantly doomed, because the unconsciousness being vomited overall and the information shared always being so close to that theoretical one that it seems almost redundant to type you as ILI.

I feel the attempt of being manipulated each time this happens, like some sort of marketing gone too evident for its own good. So i'm highly skeptical about people talking about themselves. The more you seem to know about the theory, the more you match your self-image with the system.

Anyhow you sound like an INTP gone ILI.
    hmm lets see... i want a type but i dont want the stereotype that goes with it. like how ILI's are all emotionless and plotting to kill you. or SLE's all being dodgy used car salesmen.
    did i accidentally mention my assumed mbti typ in that video?

"The more you seem to know about the theory, the more you match your self-image with the system." i completely agree with this.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maritsa is correct - SEE.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

IEI.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@hyperrcrisis

1) what is your favorite story and why do you find it interesting?
    2) if you had to insult someone in 5 words of less what would you say? (forum vetting.)
    3) pretend this is a question and come up with an answer.

TIM
    IEI-N-Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@siuntal

1) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho because it's about becoming one with the elements, it had realistic romances, and was in a well developed mythical world and time with thieves, markets, transport, geography.
    2) Butthurt much?
    3) I usually hate 007 movies but Skyfall was great, I adore Raoul. He is so fabulous and possessive, I love this style of crazy. Something about intense emotions give me a hot spark, eg. ecstacy, fury, craving. And he uses his genius for something impractical, which I think all humans should do since the system is so predictable, unchaotic, limited. We have a whole planet to explore and play.
    Last edited by hyperrcrisis; 02-28-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added tag because im an ocd perfectionist

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hyperrcrisis View Post
    1) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho because it's about becoming one with the elements, it had realistic romances, and was in a well developed mythical world and time with thieves, markets, transport, geography.
    2) Butthurt much?
    3) I usually hate 007 movies but Skyfall was great, I adore Raoul. He is so fabulous and possessive, I love this style of crazy. Something about intense emotions give me a hot spark, eg. ecstacy, fury, craving. And he uses his genius for something impractical, which I think all humans should do since the system is so predictable, unchaotic, limited. We have a whole planet to explore and play.
    I'm thinking one of the Si/Ne types. This part - "Something about intense emotions give me a hot spark, eg. ecstacy, fury, craving." - sounds like possible Fe-seeking orientation in you, so tentatively I would say LxI.

Btw if you want to avoid typism and stereotyping, reading up on some of the more theoretical aspects of socionics, like dichotomies, and applying them in typings helps to tone that stuff down.