Thread: moldy tampons

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default moldy tampons

this is why i use o.b. brand.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1053167

Health Texas blogger finds mold on tampon; Kotex says it ‘carries no health risk’

A 23-year-old blogger is disgusted after finding black mold on a Kotex tampon — but she says the company's reaction is just as gross.

After discovering the tainted tampon, Danielle Parr, a stay-at-home mom in Saginaw, Tex., reached out to Kotex, and she posted their response on her blog:

“We understand how distressing it can be to find mold on a product that is used for personal hygiene and apologize for your concern,” reads the alleged message from Kimberly-Clark, the makers of Kotex tampons.

“In instances where it has been found, we conducted tests on the product involved and have found the mold to be a common environmental species that carries no health risk,” the message continues. “The vegetative mold is similar in nature to mold on vegetables or in baked goods.”

The customer service representative who sent the email, Betty, added that Kotex would be sending coupons in the mail.

Apparently dissatisfied, Parr posted an update to her original post, addressing Kotex’s response.

“Yeah that's real reassuring. I was grossed out in the first place and their response just makes it worse! Seems this is a fairly common problem . . . and that is cause for serious concern.”

Parr, who told ABC News that she bought the box of tampons just a few weeks earlier, added that she would never buy Kotex products again. Her blog post has been viewed more than 300,000 times, and readers' comments suggest they share her sentiment.

“Oh yuck!!! I would have expected more of an apology from their letter,” wrote one commenter. “I would be thoroughly disgusted. When you buy a box of new tampons, you expect them to be clean . . . end of story.”

Parr told ABC News she received a second apology from Kimberly-Clark on Tuesday night, asking that she send the tampon to them for testing.

Parr gave it to ABC affiliate WFAA to test instead.

According to a spokesperson for Kimberly-Clark, the company is devoted to consumer safety and is investigating the product with an independent testing facility.

“Any discoloration or abnormality with our tampons is extremely rare, and we believe this is an isolated incident,” spokesman Bob Brand told ABC News. “We have reached out to the consumer and have apologized.”

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can understand why she's grossed out by visible mold - that's a natural reaction. But bacteria is everywhere and the bleach can't be much good for you either

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what the issue is. Her vagina is already chuck full of nasty spores and shit.

If she doesn't like it she should get one of those cups.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you NTs with your lack of immediate sensory aesthetic response. its GROSS.
    Last edited by ashlesha; 02-28-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    you NTs with your lack of immediate sensory aesthetic response. its GROSS.
    Says the person who posted the mouldy tampon in the first place.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

these aren't the reactions i was hoping for when i was bored at work earlier

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hah, looks damn clean. When you find one, lungs, give it to Scapegrace, so it can infect her.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry!

*little girl squeal* It's grooooossssss get away from my biscuit.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ive thought about trying those cups. but they don't tip over and spill? i mean really? how much would that suck?

Creepy-bg

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    ive thought about trying those cups. but they don't tip over and spill? i mean really? how much would that suck?
    They're remarkably hassle-free as long as you never start panicking whilst removing it. Then suction is a big problem. It felt like I was going to turn myself inside out

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine putting that in, taking it out a few hours later, and out of panic, you lose all ability to think properly and immediately assume your vagina did it.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I skimmed this article and the responses and I'm a little weirded out that people aren't asking why the tampon was around long enough to grow mold? I have the attention span of an ant so maybe I skipped over the part where she mentions keeping this thing in her trashcan for a year. Put that thing in, take it out a few hours later then throw it away. Remove trash daily. WTH am I missing here?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

OHLord this is so gross; I wasn't sure if the title was related to the op but it is *puke*
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I skimmed this article and the responses and I'm a little weirded out that people aren't asking why the tampon was around long enough to grow mold? I have the attention span of an ant so maybe I skipped over the part where she mentions keeping this thing in her trashcan for a year. Put that thing in, take it out a few hours later then throw it away. Remove trash daily. WTH am I missing here?
    It was fresh from the box.

Applicators aren't just added trash, they also hide the mold! Down with the applicator!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin