Thread: Betas & Wabi-Sabi

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Betas & Wabi-Sabi

The Japanese have a marvelous, antique term for the appreciation of things that are imperfect: “wabi-sabi.”

Wabi-sabi sees the limitless in the limited, marvels at what John & Suzy Q. Public (of “demographic X;” likely from somewhere near Missouri, or wherever; and trending Republican, but not for the superiority-complex - and definitely not for the irony - but for he actual nuts n’ bolts); find decidedly un-marvellous.

Every quadra has its own wabi-sabi, but betas – in my own personal experience – have one that shows itself as clearly as the plastic surgery scars on Lara Flynn Boyle’s face. I saw it time and time again during the tribal councils of life this past year.

If you are unsure of your own Socionics type, but considering beta – or are unsure of your friend, enemy’s, or frenemy's type, but inclined toward beta owing to a particular resonance or repulsion – consider playing match game with beta wabi-sabi:

• Furious ambition – nothing is more characteristic of beta, and it resonates with betas whether it undergirds a revolution or a tailgate party.
    • ‘Ajuantadora’ – people who endure
    • The macabre: death, madness, and decay
    • The taboo: public/religious morality, deviance, and censorship

In other words: for betas, “hope” and “faith” aren’t just concepts with religious overtones – they’re also strippers from "somewhere near Missouri." (Get it..? Wabi-sabi..? )

Three exemplars of beta NF ajuantadora, all named “Vincent,” run amok with wabi-sabi... Appreciate them, or consider whether or not, deep down, you have the $10 to spring for a Japanese girlfriend for the evening.

• Vincent Price (EIE-Fe) – with SLE-Ti Basil Rathbone, in an adaptation of Edgar Allen Poe’s (Ni-IEI) “Black Cat”/”Cask of Amontillado”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjmeAmKz0wM

• Vincent D’Onofrio (EIE-Ni) – the first 3:50 are worth watching, but D’Onfrio’s face from 2:30 until the instructor threatens to skull-fuck him is 100% pure beta wabi-sabi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TNhS81w4bM

• Vincent Furnier (Alice Cooper) (IEI-Fe) – with Vincent Price (EIE-FE.) (See how I brought the example full-circle there..? Frankly,you can't go pleasin' everyone, so you might as well amuse yourself - that's how I see it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVHUyDxmi_Q

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu's back in town.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am from Missouri. I do not get the references...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

so you like wabi sabi, eh? thats cool.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you sound like one pretentious fag-got

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ja...-aesthetics/#3

You may be picking Betas who are similar to you, too.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I think you are right. True for my tastes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    The Japanese have a marvelous, antique term for the appreciation of things that are imperfect: “wabi-sabi.”

Wabi-sabi sees the limitless in the limited, marvels at what John & Suzy Q. Public (of “demographic X;” likely from somewhere near Missouri, or wherever; and trending Republican, but not for the superiority-complex - and definitely not for the irony - but for he actual nuts n’ bolts); find decidedly un-marvellous.

Every quadra has its own wabi-sabi, but betas – in my own personal experience – have one that shows itself as clearly as the plastic surgery scars on Lara Flynn Boyle’s face. I saw it time and time again during the tribal councils of life this past year.

If you are unsure of your own Socionics type, but considering beta – or are unsure of your friend, enemy’s, or frenemy's type, but inclined toward beta owing to a particular resonance or repulsion – consider playing match game with beta wabi-sabi:

• Furious ambition – nothing is more characteristic of beta, and it resonates with betas whether it undergirds a revolution or a tailgate party.
    • ‘Ajuantadora’ – people who endure
    • The macabre: death, madness, and decay
    • The taboo: public/religious morality, deviance, and censorship

In other words: for betas, “hope” and “faith” aren’t just concepts with religious overtones – they’re also strippers from "somewhere near Missouri." (Get it..? Wabi-sabi..? )

Three exemplars of beta NF ajuantadora, all named “Vincent,” run amok with wabi-sabi... Appreciate them, or consider whether or not, deep down, you have the $10 to spring for a Japanese girlfriend for the evening.

• Vincent Price (EIE-Fe) – with SLE-Ti Basil Rathbone, in an adaptation of Edgar Allen Poe’s (Ni-IEI) “Black Cat”/”Cask of Amontillado”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjmeAmKz0wM

• Vincent D’Onofrio (EIE-Ni) – the first 3:50 are worth watching, but D’Onfrio’s face from 2:30 until the instructor threatens to skull-fuck him is 100% pure beta wabi-sabi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TNhS81w4bM

• Vincent Furnier (Alice Cooper) (IEI-Fe) – with Vincent Price (EIE-FE.) (See how I brought the example full-circle there..? Frankly,you can't go pleasin' everyone, so you might as well amuse yourself - that's how I see it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVHUyDxmi_Q