Thread: ISFj developing suggestive Te

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFj developing suggestive Te

Hi im Fi-ESI intersted in Te ,So ill post some topic points related to developing it

1- Gamma Te mentality in general and how it differs from Fi
    2- What changes/sacrifices one has to do internally to get there
    3- The challenges in diverting energy from Ti and Ne into Te

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

what is it exactly that you'd like to see improvement in? is there any more specific way of describing it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just being rounded i suppose .Fi is like this out of control ocean to me i don't even consciously choose to engage it. id like to get to be more like in Fi creatives ,
    similarly my Se is controlled and awesome yet i have seen Se-attitude consume alot of ESTps. i don't want it to run my life basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but i don't want this thread to be about me ,im just one case. so general stuff people!

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI-Fi is the accepting sub-type, so it will be better at Ni, rather than Te out of the functions in its Super-ID block. ESI-Se is the opposite, more developed Te.

To Develop Te, the suggesting function. I think the easiest path of emulation is going to come from either stepping out of your comfort zone and choosing to engage in data/productivity matters(or really, whatever it is you have in your mind you want to improve at - just engage in that, practice makes perfect). The other path, which in theory seems to work but may not in practicality, is to try to develop a more ESI-Se approach to life. Less accepting of the way life is, and more aggressive about making changes and creating a niche for yourself. With this Se-manner of action Te naturally gets built as a auxilliary component. It requires less extreme effort, since youre still in your comfort zone. But it also requires a longer period of time with which you put in the effort before you excel.

I guess that would be in response to question 2.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#3. "Diverting energy into Te rather than Ti or Ne"
    I would think that a ESI probably isnt directing much energy into NeTi in the first place. To put more energy into Te, in theory, i think one would need to detract away from their subconscious Fe(Ignoring function)(which i think gets engaged normally in very mentally comfortable surroundings like around close friends and people that accept you). And Fi. Fe kind of gets routed into Fi due to their positions at Base/Ignoring, and Fi generally picks up a wavelength complimentary to Te.

Overall i'd say you shouldnt focus on diverting away energy from one into another, but rather to just Live Vicariously through your fantasys and desires to manifest your suggestive function. Your Fi base quells these urges, since its a different philosophy and view of life. But make less of yourself. Drop your Fi on occasion and pay it no mind through this "excercise". Engage the Te in its pure form. You'll get better handling its downsides faster when you ride its wave wholeheartedly.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was nicely worded and inspiring in that beta nf way , i feel like kicking some ass!!.

"I would think that a ESI probably isnt directing much energy into NeTi in the first place"
    on a technical note i don't put my energy there ,but it happens to be unconsciously strong and not very usable. like i produce a spazz of it but can't carry it over into a mental process.

(negativist,what's missing ,don't like it? TAAAKE IT UP WITH RENIN! )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You just gotta understand that sometimes you come to a situation where you as "I don't know what to do." You need direction in the form of action "hey this is what you do." You may ask what would my dual do now? I lose track of what to do when I'm so in my head and have already lost track of observing things around me. So I think the best thing to do is to get up, walk around, then think about the plan of one week a few months and then a year and set goals and keep them. If you find trouble about what to do now, ask is it that important that you do anything? Maybe relaxing with some wine is best and you'll figure it out later or it will come to you. Sometimes a lot of subconscious info comes to you when you're relaxed and not stressing your mind to search for the answer. More than likely any answer you do come up with would be good enough. Relax. Life is short. Try ot enjoy it.

My TeSi ds is more like "what do I do now" because S is so in the moment, short term. Maybe yours is somewhat both in my estimation. Both long term goal to do and short term stuff. I don't know why I would say this but it only seems like my Ni gets me stuck in the past and future a lot so being S types, ESI need more of now but long term plan too.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your idea of "Developing Te"?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ESI-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm interested in getting in touch with my inner gamma NT.

My idea of "developing Te" is to be more efficent and productive in my habits and while I'm at work/studying. For example, I tend to "power though" my assignments by memorizing and doing problem sets in order to gain an understanding of the material. But this takes up time and is not very effective understanding the underlying concepts.

A couple of years ago, I was completing a task (don't remember what) and an ESTj acquaintance commented that I wasn't "efficent." I actually yelled at her for that. I think it hit a sore spot.

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falk View Post

My idea of "developing Te" is to be more efficent and productive in my habits and while I'm at work/studying. For example, I tend to "power though" my assignments by memorizing and doing problem sets in order to gain an understanding of the material. But this takes up time and is not very effective understanding the underlying concepts.

A couple of years ago, I was completing a task (don't remember what) and an ESTj acquaintance commented that I wasn't "efficent." I actually yelled at her for that. I think it hit a sore spot.
    This does sound like ESI behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantimo View Post
    Hi im Fi-ESI intersted in Te ,So ill post some topic points related to developing it

1- Gamma Te mentality in general and how it differs from Fi
    The difference is that you're focusing your attention onto things and processes instead of feelings and people.

2- What changes/sacrifices one has to do internally to get there
    3- The challenges in diverting energy from Ti and Ne into Te
    Developing the suggestive function is generally painful and takes a long time. The most general advice is just to keep trying and learn to go against your natural impulses.

Specifically for Te I would say learn to separate your feelings from objective facts because your feelings can mislead you in that regard.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falk View Post

I think that is the difference between LSE and LIE, that LSE complains like "you're not doing it right" but LIE jumps in like "here let me show you how it can work out better" and actually helps you with their actions and later checks to see how you're doing etc..

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need to turn into another type in order to become more efficient or productive. I think that is actually one of the largest problems with socionics, it gives you the illusion that your personality type is for sure weak in some areas, while LIEs have their hibernation phases, when they are not very inspired and are not efficient, they efficiently bite their nails or something in that phase.
    Just be yourself and focus on your own preferences and attitudes that suit you best. If you need advice on some parts, get it from others, but as you said generally speaking, just focusing on oneself is the key. See what is missing and become aware of it, then fill it with work, and since ESI values the effort put into work even if things don't work out perfectly in the end, you will be satisfied with yourself.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old thread, but was wondering how i've seen frequent threads on developing suggestive something or other functions and i'm not sure what it exactly means? What does it mean for OP to develop Te suggestive? I also notice that you're not stating 'how to develop Te" but how to develop "Te suggestive", specifically. Is there a difference, i wondered?
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESIs are more efficient and productive than LIEs at many life tasks

I´d say some ESIs may need help in choosing a specific direction in life-work where they can reap the most benefit for themselves (not just money, satisfaction as well) and actually going at it, as most IxFx types they´re pretty bad at actively pushing for something they want, at least from my perspective. When the whole setup is there, they´re pretty good at organizing their own stuff.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ESIs are more efficient and productive than LIEs at many life tasks

I´d say some ESIs may need help in choosing a specific direction in life-work where they can reap the most benefit for themselves (not just money, satisfaction as well) and actually going at it, as most IxFx types they´re pretty bad at actively pushing for something they want, at least from my perspective. When the whole setup is there, they´re pretty good at organizing their own stuff.
    I agree with this. It distills my own experience with ESI's into a clear and succinct summary.
    The "being bad at actively pushing for what they want" might partially explain why, when I am feeling most supportive of someone (and this happens with ESI's almost exclusively), I try to find out what they want and give it to them, or make it happen.
    Similarly, when ESI's ask for something, I find it very difficult to refuse. This happens with both male and female ESI's and not much with other types, so I assume it is type-related.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Similarly, when ESI's ask for something, I find it very difficult to refuse. This happens with both male and female ESI's and not much with other types, so I assume it is type-related.
    I find it difficult to refuse with my ILI friends too but I always feel like they're a little trying to exploit you...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I find it difficult to refuse with my ILI friends too but I always feel like they're a little trying to exploit you...
    Same. When my ILI tax accountant told me he needs me to save more, I told him his job was to keep track of the beans, not tell me how to spend them.

He can't help himself. He's treating me like he would his financially irresponsible dual.