Thread: ITT: Type/Analyze Tumblrs (if you want)

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ITT: Type/Analyze Tumblrs (if you want)

I know there are threads for posting tumblrs. But I dunno about analyzing them. So here goes.

Here's mine: http://fennryrr.tumblr.com/
    Mine's still kinda empty. But I notice certain patterns of things...like distorted/blurred/melty/obscured views/images...and converging and diverging points...mirror images. Lots of representations of negative space use.
    Let's see yours tooooo!
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i made one awhile back but it was mostly strangers tumblrs and there wasnt much analysis, but maybe you'll have better luck
    mine goes through phases. i remember blackburry once thought it was a renaissance painting tumblr. and other people have said it was all about the dicks and gore. i notice certain motifs sometimes like lots of pictures of stairs or pictures of blurred faces and i think those trends are probably reflective of my more transient mental/emotional states. i'm not sure what the whole tumblr overall might be reflective of on a larger and more defining scale and i'm always curious to have it anamalyzed.
    http://anoestrus.tumblr.com

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs -- yeah, I've noticed the blurred faces in yours. I think I've snagged a few from you. <3
    -- lol, Astral projection?

The colors in yours are overall more muted I think. I find that interesting.

Another person floating over their bed.

I think it's interesting how more of your pictures have his human element to them than mine do. I have a lot more just...idk. Your choices feel more actual or something. Yours feel dreamy, like many of mine do too, but there's something more solid about yours. The people are more present in your image choices. Mine are either obscured, facing away, or in lala land. And the one picture that the girl is looking right at the camera, it's a picture I saved from something you posted a long time ago.
    Just interesting to me.

Vague words are vague. I'm sorry. *caresses Ne polr of kickasskass*
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Analysing every single pic is going to take a lot of time taking into account not many people on here are skilled in formal analysis. No, disregard that, I just realised it's not what's the aim here, ahem.

Hmm. It would be faster picking the ones one wants "analysed."

EDIT 794365: "Analysed" as in the ones you find worthy, that is. The first pic posted comes from somebody who can be very well called a fraud.
    Last edited by Absurd; 02-25-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fen View Post
    I think it's interesting how more of your pictures have his human element to them than mine do. I have a lot more just...idk. Your choices feel more actual or something. Yours feel dreamy, like many of mine do too, but there's something more solid about yours. The people are more present in your image choices. Mine are either obscured, facing away, or in lala land. And the one picture that the girl is looking right at the camera, it's a picture I saved from something you posted a long time ago.
    Just interesting to me.
    i was looking at our tumblrs for what you saw and what i noticed was that your pictures generally felt more expansive and mine felt more claustrophobic. this versus this or this versus this.

and we both have abstract things but you seem to enjoy more collage type styles or a blend of real and unreal where when i post abstract it tends to be just full-on abstract. this versus this.

and then yeah theres the color thing you pointed out. you have all sorts of colors from muted to bright and i have a strong preference for muted.

i was thinking before if i were to assign a type to my tumblr or think what it represents about me type-wise, the only thing that really stands out to me is sp/sx..something about the claustrophobia and muted colors. and that's one way that our tumblrs contrast.

we both do blurred faces. and we both do stark contrasts (for example this and this, two pictures which appear on both of our tumblrs)

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should check out my tumblr (it is in my signature) - go into it for at least 3 or 4 pages.

I am super supportive and "feeler" like in it.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info