Thread: Soy green tea latte with half pumps vanilla and the other half classic

Creepy-female

Default Soy green tea latte with half pumps vanilla and the other half classic

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 09:58 AM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YaY you tried it!!!

it's the vanilla that makes it overly sweet for some people. try it with only one of the pumps vanilla, or all of them classic if you prefer. i like it kinda sweet (:

for those not informed, we're referring to how to order a dank drink at starbucks i came up with. "soy green tea latte with half the pumps vanilla and the other half classic." e.g. if it's a large/venti, there are 3 "pumps" of classic sweetener, so it'd be 1.5 vanilla pumps, 1.5 classic.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you had it with soy, that's probably it tbh. Every place uses vanilla soy milk (because regular soy milk is shit), and heating that just totally changes the taste. And the smell. Heated soy milk smells like bread or something weird that a drink should not smell like.

edit: And if they're only putting 3 pumps all-together in a Venti, things have reallllyy changed. I worked at Starbucks for a bit and 3 was for a tall, 4 for a grande, and 5 for a venti. The place I moved to now (another cafe) has the same with the syrups.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

For some reason soy milk gives me a headache. I love Starbucks green tea lattes though. I'll usually order that or the chai latte.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FoxOnStilts i think you're right about the pumps thing. i've never worked at a starbucks so i was just guessing. and i don't think the hot soy green tea latte smells anything like bread, or anything weird at all.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    @FoxOnStilts i think you're right about the pumps thing. i've never worked at a starbucks so i was just guessing. and i don't think the hot soy green tea latte smells anything like bread, or anything weird at all.
    Mixed with the tea powder it probably doesn't, but steamed soy milk by itself smells funny to me.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by itself i'm sure lol. anyhow i prefer almond milk > soy milk > skim milk > 2% or 1% > whole milk. my preference for skim over whole milk or even 2% is due to my childhood upbringing in a household with an ex-bodybuilder/current personal trainer mother, so my conception of milk has always been what skim tastes like. i hadn't even tried whole milk until i was at least 17, it tasted shockingly too rich for me, almost like like straight cream haha. i had only recently discovered the joys of soy and especially almond milk just this past year. i find almond milk the perfect companion for my favorite cereal:

pure dankness. (:

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am determined to get the Soy green tea latte tomorrow. I am very much a coffee drinker and I don't like tea or coffee too sweet. Most coffee shops add too much syrup, but I think Starbucks gets it right (at least for the vanilla and hazelnut latte). Should I go with Allie's suggestion or go easier on the syrup?
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

If the green tea latte ends up being too sweet for you, try the spiced chai instead. It has a peppery kick that I love. I'm also not too big on the sweetness factor, unless its a frappichino.
    Last edited by fox; 02-22-2013 at 01:10 AM.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almond milk sucks.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Creepy-male

almond milk and almond butter is amazing, as is matcha green tea, especially when mixed with vanilla and fruit (mango and papaya are my favorite with vanilla/green tea).

However I'm going to have to disagree I like fat in my milk, give me breve or give it to me black, skim milk is for pansies.... go big or nothing at all imo.

Creepy-male

Just picked up some vanilla almond milk, shit tastes great... nutty rich and vanilla like mmmmm.

I'm going to mix ice, mango, matcha green tea powder, vanilla ice cream, vanilla almond milk, and almond butter together to form the ultimate smoothie. Dank green, sweet, nutty, vanilla, and mango. YES!

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Yeah, almond milk is awesome.

Not much of a milk drinker myself. Plain milk makes me feel sick to my stomach. I like whole milk in black tea, though. Like a sir.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    dank dank dank dank utter dankness, dude!! almond milk is truly the shit to end all shits. I love it in my rooibos tea.
    yes yes yes. wait what is this rooibos tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    If the green tea latte ends up being too sweet for you, try the spiced chai instead. It has a peppery kick that I love. I'm also not too big on the sweetness factor, unless its a frappichino.
    i love chai tea so fucking much, never tried it at starbucks though because i'm super picky about mine. i like getting it at this dank local coffee shop slash bakery. it's like a hole in the wall place around the corner from my old apt, but it's been featured in some magazine recently. i go there everytime i spend all night tripping acid or something or other, as soon as the sun comes up, to sort of end the night watching the sunrise with a cozy, delicious, comfort drink. i always buy them for everybody, to nourish our tired bodies and fried psychedelic brains. mmm and their mini pastries are my favorite, if i have enough $$ i buy an assortment of those as well. mini quiches, mini red velvet cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, etc. so small you can bite one whole — the cheesecake & cupcakes, not the quiche, those are about the size of a personal pizza. the place is called Wildflower Pastry, and it's in downtown charleston, sc. (:

tres leches with berries

pimento cheese tomato bacon pie and zucchini pecan bread

princess strawberry cupcakes

Quote Originally Posted by fen View Post
    Almond milk sucks.
    this just got personal, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shang Tsung View Post
    Just picked up some vanilla almond milk, shit tastes great... nutty rich and vanilla like mmmmm.

I'm going to mix ice, mango, matcha green tea powder, vanilla ice cream, vanilla almond milk, and almond butter together to form the ultimate smoothie. Dank green, sweet, nutty, vanilla, and mango. YES!
    please tell me how this turned out. it sounds amazing. where can you get almond butter and matcha green tea powder? oh and how much mango do you add. i want this recipe!!!!!1

btw, who are you, or what was your old username (@ shang tsung)
    Last edited by Lotus; 03-02-2013 at 08:12 PM.

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOR 4.50 NDAHLAHZ THEY BETTER BE HUGE MIRITE

when i see overprized sweets i'm like GET FAT BY YOURSELF CRAZY BEYOTCH (goes for both men and women)

unholy water sanguine addiction

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    FOR 4.50 NDAHLAHZ THEY BETTER BE HUGE MIRITE

when i see overprized sweets i'm like GET FAT BY YOURSELF CRAZY BEYOTCH (goes for both men and women)
    Is there a reason you're talking like geneiouws?

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG ABSURD QUOTED ME I AV TO AV TO REPLY OMG OMG OMG I THINK IMMA BE SICK

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is currently a controversial debate concerning whether unusual experiences are symptoms of a mental disorder, if mental disorders are a consequence of such experiences, or if people with mental disorders are especially susceptible to or even looking for these experiences.

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRAIHNFAKK

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    BRAIHNFAKK
    Don't quote me - my job may suffer.

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THAT AIRPLANE DOG IS STUPID MUST BE UR DOG

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm i've just noticed that geneiouws is an actual user
    this adds a whole new dimension to the situation do i even av to mention

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, it does. PMd me an hour ago 'about psychological experiments he is doing.'

Once on a yellow piece of paper with green lines
    he wrote a poem
    And he called it "Chops"
    because that was the name of his dog.

Creepy-male

please tell me how this turned out.
    Rather well

it sounds amazing. where can you get almond butter and matcha green tea powder? oh and how much mango do you add. i want this recipe!!!!!1

btw, who are you, or what was your old username (@ shang tsung)
    I never make anything with strict recipes so its hard for me to say. For example when blending I've noticed that its critical to have the right ratio of ice and other elements, too much ice or hard products will lock up the mixture, and too little will leave it too mushy/creamy. The same theory follows with all the other elements, I just experiment a lot and learn how to make it taste the way I prefer.

Mangos come from South America because I live near Mexico. Get good quality ones, this slowed me down majorly because the first one I got were at Walmart and where a little less quality so it was harder to find when they riped and how to prepare. Ideally they turn red/yellow from green and get soft and not overly mushy. Sometimes they will stay green on the outside and get soft, producing a piney flavored fruit, which is less preferable to the red/yellow. Think of it like a peach or apricot basically, just a tropical variety. Then you take a knife and have to work with the mango. Cut around the pit and try to lop off huge slices that are thick and deep. Then run the knife across the fruit opposite the skin in a gridded fashion and push on the skin, pieces will form and you can easily remove these by hand. Experimenting around with which fruit you get and how it ripens as well as good skill cutting out pieces with a knife are basically the keys here. The better you get at preparing the mango the better the rest of the stuff is, so don't get all uptight, take your time eating mangos and shit.

In order to understand how to blend mango's I'd suggest mixing them with one of the following:
    - milk
    - cream
    - almond milk
    - vanilla ice cream
    - a balance of water and ice

Just mix some mangos up with one of the following and you'll have a pretty decent smoothie like thing. Think of it like peaches n cream or something.

Matcha Green Tea Powder can be obtained at Whole Foods just ask one of those grungy hippy looking people they got in there and they'll show you where. When I obtained mine the guy starting talking about how he had kilograms of the stuff in the back, and I thought possibly he may have been trying to sell some ganja. Anyways this stuff can be prepared in tea, and you there is a skill to that as well. But with blending the real question is how much or how little. This is pretty easy though as it is highly aromatic and will change the color of whatever it is mixed in as well as producing a silt-like body to it.

For this I'd suggest mixing green tea powder with ice cream, or ice cream/milk/powder, or ice cream/milk/ice/powder. It will make something like a green tea frap @ starbucks.

Once you got the two separate skills mastered, put them together.

Almond Butter is available here at Randalls, HEB, and Whole Foods. It may even be at Walmart. It's available its just a little overly priced.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YaY you tried it!!!
    Aww, your keyboard dilemma was fixed but the "YaY" stuck.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow. I really want to try that place. It looks amazing.

Charleston is so pretty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had their chai latte with espresso once; a co-worker got it and didn't like it, so she gave it to whoever wanted it. It was surprisingly good. Otherwise I find their chai very good but best drunk in small amounts and infrequently (it's so freaking sweet).
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.