0 0%
  • ILI

0 0%
  • IEI

0 0%

Thread: Can you help me type myself?

Hybrid View

Default Can you help me type myself?

Socionics is a little confusing to me and I'm not doing a good job typing myself. I have a socionics survey that I filled out for another socionics forum. Maybe some of my answers will be helpful in determining my type. Does anyone want to read it over and help me out?

Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?

I think beauty is when you find something to be beautiful. It's something that pleases you, attracts you, holds your attention, and makes you happy. Maybe it inspires you or makes you jealous too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure.

In my experience, love is when you care about something so much that it becomes an absolute top priority in your life. When you love something you don't just let other people or problems trample all over it. When you love something it gives you the most pure, real feelings of happiness or its so important to you that you don't want to be without it in life.

2. What are your most important values?

I think loyalty and decency are probably huge values of mine. I also value letting people be, being nice, and not attacking people for no reason. I do tend to have somewhat of an "eye for an eye" mentality. Some people tend to think that they can just treat people however they want without any consequences, but I think those people are highly delusional. I absolutely HATE people who really think they are above everyone else or the center of the universe.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I'm not really religious but I do believe in God. I tried to read the Bible a couple months ago because I felt like I was disconnected from God, but I cant really just start believing what the book is telling me. When I read the Bible I feel like I'm just researching it more than being spiritually connected to it. So basically, I just believe in God, angels, spirits, and good vs. evil. And I am trying to stay connected with the good side.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I tend to totally ignore politics. I think war and militaries are necessary sometimes, but I'm sure that most of it is corrupt. That's why I don't bother anymore. I think all these wars are just big power plays by bigshots. Power, is the ability to effect the world, especially in relation to other people. Power is the ability to make something happen that has an effect.

Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I usually have long conversations about what I have experienced and what I have learned from it. I am interested in a lot of things, although its kind of hard to specify. I'm mostly interested in teaching and helping young children. I work in a preschool and I think I was kind of born to be a teacher.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yes, and I tend to be a hypochondriac. I notice every little sensation going through my body, sometimes to the point of being paranoid. I really hate it when people try and tell me what's going on within my own body as if I don't know better than them. But sometimes I'm too panicky about it.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I don't think much about about them. They just sort of exist and I guess they have to be done. Some chores can be relaxing.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I really loved Dances with Wolves, Legends of the Fall, Kill Bill, Sean of the Dead, Django Unchained and the recent Cirque du Soleil movie that I just saw. I'm a huge Quentin Tarantino fan. I really liked this book called "Apaches" which was about a bunch of renegade, retired cops who each had a special area of expertise and were now fighting crime as vigilantes. I'm also reading a Tony Robbins book called "Awaken the Giant Within" which has been very empowering and useful.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    When people die or lives are destroyed it absolutely kills me. I also cry when I'm scared of bad things happening to people I personally know and love. Lately I have been smiling all the time when I think of my kids at the preschool. I love those kids and I'm happy to see them grow and have fun, and it's nice to know that I'm making an impact on them. I've also been smiling a lot because my life is on a positive and meaningful path towards success and fulfillment, for the first time in a long time.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    With little kids at school. Helping them, taking care of them, teaching them, playing with them. I feel at home when I'm being strong for people and providing meaningful insight. I really like helping people grow and be okay.

Evaluation & Behaviour
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

People see me as weak and scared because I'm too hesistant, I get "analysis paralysis" sometimes, and I can be too sensitive. I dislike that I'm not good at making things happen and get stuck in ruts.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I'm caring, loyal, smart, and I want things to be done well. I like that I am genuinely trying to do good things in the world. I like that I have been good to people.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I need help with practical situations and being encouraged to pursue new paths. Sometimes I get really scared and stuck.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Lmao! I literally just answered this without even knowing that the next question would be about it. Yes, I get stuck in horrible ruts. Sometimes they seem like they last forever. My reaction is to think that I will always be stuck in this rut because I suck and everyone thinks I'm annoying and stupid.

People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like straight-forwardness and teamwork. I like people that are willing to help others. I really hate people that are all about themselves. Nitpicky people seem selfish and annoying too .

Interestingly, I always seem to get along with the ballsy/laid-back people. Its not that they're antisocial or uncaring, but I tend to get a long with the people that are cool, independent thinkers. Usually these people aren't selfish though, they just don't let people, including authority, tell them what they should do. They're like casual badasses. And for some reason I always get along best with the "bad" kids at my preschool. The ones that break the most rules and I always have to put in time out are the ones who like me the most. Lmfao.

I like people that are simple, straightforward, have a strong backbone, maybe a little wild but not in a destructive or annoying way.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I want to be bonded to someone and really have a close connection to someone. I really just want a partner in crime in a way. A bestfriend/lover. The answer to number 15 already mentions what I like in people, so I would probably want that in a guy as well.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I would want to teach them how to a be a decent, smart, fully-functioning human being in the world. I would take the time to teach them right from wrong and why these things are important. I would try to instill good values into hem and respect for others. I don't want my kids to grow up having problems in life that could've been avoided with better parenting. I want to be the parent they need me to be.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    My inward reaction is probably to think "Ok....that person obviously is on a completely different page than I am..."
    My outward reaction is probably nothing. It's not my job to make other people believe everything I believe. Some people click and others dont. But I'll remember who believes in what and keep a note of it in my head so that I know what kind of person I'm dealing with.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    My relationship to society is that I'm trying to fit in to some extent, find my place, and do a good job. I see other people as trying to just live their lives and find a place to fit in as well. A prevalent social problem is bad parenting, especially when parents provide their kids with unstable lives that either make them grow up too fast or never learn anything at all. A lot of messed up adults, are kids that were ignored, abused, or taught the wrong things as kids. I think more people need to be taught effective coping skills.

Violence is another problem in society. People are too violent over too many petty things.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I don't really "choose" friends. I become friends with people that I have a natural flow/chemistry with. I behave like myself around them. I try to be nice and supportive. I am there for them. When I really get close with someone, I turn really silly. My sillyness slowly creeps out of me over time. I also show more dissatisfaction and anger to people I'm already close with.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

Around strangers I'm very nice and agreeable. I usually try to feel out the situation and be accomodating.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound so much like meeeeeeee.
    Twinsy.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem pretty textbook F. Maybe Fi > Fe.

I didn't read the whole post, just bits of it.

@fen

Are you an IEE? I've had other people tell me that I'm an IEE.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AimfortheBrain View Post
    @fen

Are you an IEE? I've had other people tell me that I'm an IEE.
    Yep! IEE indeed. I'm inclined to steal you away to a serious quadra.
    You seem social instinct as well. But don't put too much stock in my suggestions. I'm no expert.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Quote Originally Posted by fen View Post
    Yep! IEE indeed. I'm inclined to steal you away to a serious quadra.
    You seem social instinct as well. But don't put too much stock in my suggestions. I'm no expert.
    Socionics still confuses me so what does "serious quadra" mean? lol. Enneagram instincts confuse me as well, although I've pretty much always scored 6w5 or 9w1 when I've taken enneagram tests.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics still confuses me so what does "serious quadra" mean? lol. Enneagram instincts confuse me as well, although I've pretty much always scored 6w5 or 9w1 when I've taken enneagram tests.
    Serious quadras are Gamma (ESI, ILI, LIE, SEE) and Delta (EII, SLI, LSE, IEE). The discernment is based on the valuing of Fe/Ti (Merry) vs. Fi/Te (Serious).
    This may be helpful: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...15-Four-Quadra

I used to test as an enneagram 6 for a long time personally, but decided 9 gets to the core much better. It will probably take some time to nail down a type.

If you are interested, many of us chat in this room: http://tinychat.com/chickenshack. You are welcome any time! Usually there are more people there in the evenings into the early morning (if you live in the Western Hemisphere). It tends to be dead during the daytime. Interacting more directly with forum members would help determine your type. But if you're not comfortable with or don't desire that kind of communication, that's totally cool too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fen View Post
    Well, I can't say whether or not you are an expert, but I can tell you that you are totally correct in this assessment! Either soc/sp or sp/soc, but the social instinct is undoubtedly visible here (i.e., the desire to make a difference in other's lives).

Well done!
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

I just read up on EIE on wikisocion and it fits me almost perfectly. I have been thinking that I might be an EIE because there is an possible LSI at work that I think I might have a duality friendship with. We became friends very quickly because our interactions are so natural and we both pick up eachother's slack.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps. yes. But what are your life ambitions?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    perhaps. yes. But what are your life ambitions?
    My life ambitions summed up:

To be a teacher and make a difference for children. I want to be a positive influence on them and make them feel empowered to fulfill their potential.
    To have a family of my own (husband, kids, etc..) and have strong bonds with my family
    To lead a life that actually meant something. To have some kind of positive impact on something
    To fulfill my own potential and be able to look back on my life without feeling like I held myself back or sold myself short.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[...]
    Didn't read anything but that post, but this stuff sounds Delta to me.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be a teacher and make a difference for children. I want to be a positive influence on them and make them feel empowered to fulfill their potential.
    To have a family of my own (husband, kids, etc..) and have strong bonds with my family
    To lead a life that actually meant something. To have some kind of positive impact on something
    To fulfill my own potential and be able to look back on my life without feeling like I held myself back or sold myself short.

That is still possible for an EIE. But most EIEs I know tend towards being ambitious, in a big sort of way. They have a "hidden agenda" to become wealthy; it is a part of having a highly valued but subconscious "Extraverted Sensing." They are really quite similar to LIEs. LIEs are stereotyped as the typical corporate executive type.

The EIEs I know are very idealistic, and it is through their idealism that their subconscious mind works its magic. If they are a teacher, they will want to become the school super-attendant, or a professor at a major university. Both are very well paid jobs. They will seek out the most glorious aspect of teaching, something that gets them into Time magazine. If they are a preacher, they might want a huge church.

There are subtypes of the EIE that could be more subdued. I do not recommend looking into subtypes right now, but the "normalizing" and "harmonizing" types are not quite as grandly ambitious.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    That is still possible for an EIE. But most EIEs I know tend towards being ambitious, in a big sort of way. They have a "hidden agenda" to become wealthy; it is a part of having a highly valued but subconscious "Extraverted Sensing." They are really quite similar to LIEs. LIEs are stereotyped as the typical corporate executive type.

The EIEs I know are very idealistic, and it is through their idealism that their subconscious mind works its magic. If they are a teacher, they will want to become the school super-attendant, or a professor at a major university. Both are very well paid jobs. They will seek out the most glorious aspect of teaching, something that gets them into Time magazine. If they are a preacher, they might want a huge church.

There are subtypes of the EIE that could be more subdued. I do not recommend looking into subtypes right now, but the "normalizing" and "harmonizing" types are not quite as grandly ambitious.

I am a very ambitious person and I do tend to have somewhat of a hidden agenda to be very successful. I have always strived to be the best at what I do and I sometimes get upset when I see other people being more successful than me. I am most upset when other people become more succesful than me, even though I have put more effort in than they have. I get really annoyed when people take the easy way out and it actually pays off for them. I go back and forth on my ambitions and competitiveness though. I'm a little embarassed to admit that I have this competitive/ambitious streak in me and at other times I find myself being very motivated by the prospects of being "the best".

I don't want to be a superintendent or college professor, but I have had visions of how amazing it would be to win "Teacher of the Year" in the future someday. I absolutely have the ambition to want to be in school administration and I'm not satisfied with staying still and not progressing through life. I sometimes think about moving my way up to be the director of a preschool or a department head or something like that but the only problem is that administrators are more removed from the students than I think I want to be. The preschool director where I work rarely gets to interact with the kids because she is handling administrative tasks. That isn't what I want to be doing. College professors focus mostly on researching their field of study instead of teaching which is not what I want to be doing either. I have no desire to be far removed and off in my ivory tower somewhere. I like to be apart of things, not on the outside looking in.

I don't know if this has anything to do with EIE or IEE but I just wanted to respond to your post.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my impression when i read the op was ixfj, but i don't see anything that would make me rule out enfj so its obviously pretty nebulous. if you hang around for a little while and just talk to people conversationally it would bring things in clearer focus.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first type that came to my mind was EII.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely delta...Either IEE or EII. Even more specifically, I might dare (with low confidence) to say N-IEE. But no matter what, the delta-ishness is very clear here. (Reminds me a ton of my wife actually [who is also a preschool teacher], but that is a different story for another time).
    Mike

Thank you all for the responses. I'm going to go read up on Delta, IEE, and EII some more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that this has potential to hijack the thread, and I apologize in advance to AimfortheBrain for doing this. But, the more that I delve into Socionics, the more that I have doubts that two Quasi-Identical types (IEE and EIE) could both be contenders. In other words, in my opinion, EIE and IEE are worlds apart and a person would have a great preference for one or the other. These differences are indicative of their respective quadra values (either beta or delta) and frankly, what these two types value are literally world's apart (despite their NF commonality). Perhaps adjacent quadra could still be contenders, but opposing quadra have a worldview that is so incredibly divergent from each other.

Aim, I strongly sense a delta preference for you...lacking the type of dramatic power seeking that an EIE/beta type would do. There is something so profound in terms of simply wanting to connect with your students (not in an 'I'll blow you away' sense of dramatics that EIEs seek, but rather in the subtle, yet highly pivotal ways that you aspire to relate to each student in a very 'down to Earth' way). That sounds way more delta than beta.

A larger question...As a general typing methodology, is there agreement or disagreement that opposite quadra types be ruled out immediately when determining a type?
    Mike

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post
    I know that this has potential to hijack the thread, and I apologize in advance to AimfortheBrain for doing this. But, the more that I delve into Socionics, the more that I have doubts that two Quasi-Identical types (IEE and EIE) could both be contenders. In other words, in my opinion, EIE and IEE are worlds apart and a person would have a great preference for one or the other. These differences are indicative of their respective quadra values (either beta or delta) and frankly, what these two types value are literally world's apart (despite their NF commonality). Perhaps adjacent quadra could still be contenders, but opposing quadra have a worldview that is so incredibly divergent from each other.

Aim, I strongly sense a delta preference for you...lacking the type of dramatic power seeking that an EIE/beta type would do. There is something so profound in terms of simply wanting to connect with your students (not in an 'I'll blow you away' sense of dramatics that EIEs seek, but rather in the subtle, yet highly pivotal ways that you aspire to relate to each student in a very 'down to Earth' way). That sounds way more delta than beta.

A larger question...As a general typing methodology, is there agreement or disagreement that opposite quadra types be ruled out immediately when determining a type?
    Typing accuracy can be affected by the quantity and quality of information about the individual being typed. If there is a distorted self notion the description might be contradictory and that opens the door for having two seemingly opposite types as possible. My brother for example, is ESE and pretty coward, but when he talks about himself he emphasizes how brave he is, to the point that if you take his self description to the letter, you might get an impression of an individual that is very different from reality.

I didn't seen anything contradictory in this description and at least to me, it's pretty obvious that he's a rational. Just notice the length of the thread and the short and concise answers.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She could be a rational...but then I would put my #1 option on EII. That sounds about as good to me as any rational type would. In fact, there is nothing (in my mind) that would get in the way of her being an EII, given everything that she has answered. I seriously think EII or IEE is her actual type, given the strong delta values.
    Mike

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post
    I realize I'm answering something over a month old here, but here goes. Quasi-Identicals look similar only at long psychological distance. The reason for apparent similarity is just the surface level similarity of the introverted and exrovert forms of IM elements, so an inexperienced socionist (particularly someone still figuring out their own type) might be unsure between them, but someone with clear notions of all the IM elements should have no trouble distinguishing them at all. This is reflected in the fact that quadras are much more binding groups than clubs, and operate at closer psychological distances, since clubs tend to form around common interests and activities, while quadras form around common communication style. My usual progression to determine a guess at someone's type is to determine club (since that's often quite obvious), then quadra, then pick between the two remaining by rational/irrational or extrovert/introvert, then check if my result makes sense and maybe try some adjustments.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-INFj (Creative subtype)

I voted for EII, although I wouldn't rule out some other NF (Humanitarian/Idealist) type.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check your relation with Ni. When you were younger, could you visualise your day in your head? Can you move objects in your mind? Can you go places youhave been before and move around? You might be a Ni dominant.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm liking EII more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    Check your relation with Ni. When you were younger, could you visualise your day in your head? Can you move objects in your mind? Can you go places youhave been before and move around? You might be a Ni dominant.
    visualizing things isn't Ni. everybody does that.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    that's star wars, not Ni

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was super sure of @pmj being INFj but then in his video ENFj came across much more prominently. i think, sometimes it can be hard to tell b/w these two.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! I need help understanding all the fonctions, can anyone tell me how they master their knowledge of them?

do you guys still think I'm an EII? I keep getting IEI on tests...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea how others view you?
    What do your close friends say about you?
    Or what do your acquaintances say about you?
    Or what do friends say about you after they get to know you better? Any change in opinions?

What makes you most nervous? Could be anything - learning new things, trying new stuff, meeting new people, not being accepted, not being able to sufficiently plan for unforeseen events...

Honestly, I think IEI at the moment.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    Any idea how others view you?
    What do your close friends say about you?
    Or what do your acquaintances say about you?
    Or what do friends say about you after they get to know you better? Any change in opinions?

What makes you most nervous? Could be anything - learning new things, trying new stuff, meeting new people, not being accepted, not being able to sufficiently plan for unforeseen events...

Honestly, I think IEI at the moment.
    Oops, I somehow missed replying to this post.

Others view me as a very smart, nice, slightly space-cadety person. I'm known for being nice and smart more than anything else really. Oh and quiet. I've always gotten told that I'm too quiet (except for at home where I'm told I'm too talkative).

Interestingly, I always get the feeling that strangers think I'm an idiot. It really depends on my interaction with them, but I think the space-cadetyness of my personality sometimes makes strangers assume I'm dumb. People who know me well know better than to underestimate me in that way. I had one friend who got to know me a little better say that she didn't know that I had a fiesty side.

I'm nervous when I don't feel prepared for things. Learning new things and trying new things only makes me nervous if I am going to be judged on my skill level without having adequate time and preparation. Sometimes I get nervous that I'm not going to ever fall in love or have anyone fall in love with me.