Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: VI PLEASE

  1. #1
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default VI PLEASE





    These were the two best straight on shots I could scan. Pictures taken while doing ordinary activities would have shown more facial expressions but I lost all of those when my old laptop HD died. So please make do and give it your best shot. Thanks =)


    ---


    I just realized that I've never seen anyone that was not caucasian request a VI on this forum, or be used as a photo example of a certain type on socionics websites. That should add to the difficulty of this VI, I hope all of you enjoy a challenge. :wink:

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENxj is my impression.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #3
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEE?
    More information necessary.

  4. #4
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How you doin Rick. I'm a huge fan of your site, and especially your articles that cover areas beyond the usual type descriptions/model A explanations/etc. My favorite one of late was "The Ethical Philosophy of Socionoics", which was a great read - please keep up the good work.

    Anyways, a few days ago I posted a rather long list of facts about myself in hopes of finding my real type. Although I got many good replies the overall results were still inconclusive. That's why I made this post with nothing more than two pictures of myself, in order to see what people would find with purely VI.

    My previous post is the one called "Torn between two types, very difficult to answer". If you would take a look at it, there is plenty of information to help you VI me. I'll be looking forward to your opinion on my type.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Assuming that you are either ENTj or ENTp, these photos probably indicate ENTj more than ENTp, but it is not that easy to determine for sure.

  6. #6
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ewww, we even have the same haircut.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  7. #7
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: VI PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    I just realized that I've never seen anyone that was not caucasian request a VI on this forum, or be used as a photo example of a certain type on socionics websites. That should add to the difficulty of this VI, I hope all of you enjoy a challenge. :wink:
    ScarlettLux had requested a VI a while back. Later she had a video done. But all pictures and videos have been deleted.

    There are some other non-caucasians in this forum, but i don't think they requested VI.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  8. #8
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahaha stop trying to copy everything I do FDG

  9. #9
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahaha whats with all the hating on my haircut???

    Anyways what gives you guys the ENxJ? Like what indicates what?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ................

  11. #11
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have the nick pezzonovante because I'm obsessed with the Godfather and all things mafia. Haha so I guess you know about Italians and Koreans. I'm curious, how did you tell that I'm Korean? Now thats a good VI

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ............

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    I have the nick pezzonovante because I'm obsessed with the Godfather and all things mafia. Haha so I guess you know about Italians and Koreans. I'm curious, how did you tell that I'm Korean? Now thats a good VI
    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    I know it from the characters on your passport .
    That and your eyes... Asian's eye's always give away where they're from

  14. #14
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha obviously you dumb shit. The reason I asked that is how she knew I was Korean compared to other asian races.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    .... the characters on your passport are korean. she was able to recognize that they were korean as opposed to any other asian language.

  16. #16
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The characters are a dead giveaway.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  17. #17
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Next riddle to solve: is he from North or South Korea?
    [JOKE]

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    Haha obviously you dumb shit. The reason I asked that is how she knew I was Korean compared to other asian races.
    I think you misunderstood me, I mean the way the eyes are make it easier for me to pick out which country and so on, My Korean friend's eyes are different than my Japenese friends' whose are different from my Chinese friends.

  19. #19
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reading pg. 1 of your other thread...
    I would rule out ILE.

  20. #20
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Reading pg. 1 of your other thread...
    I would rule out ILE.
    I would definitely agree.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  21. #21
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeia
    Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    Haha obviously you dumb shit. The reason I asked that is how she knew I was Korean compared to other asian races.
    I think you misunderstood me, I mean the way the eyes are make it easier for me to pick out which country and so on, My Korean friend's eyes are different than my Japenese friends' whose are different from my Chinese friends.
    I know what you're talking about, I notice things like that too.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  22. #22
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha in that case I apologize, I mistook what you said to be a tasteless insult. I'm pretty damn tired, I'll take this as a sign that I should go to sleep.

    I am surprised that you can tell different types of asians apart by their eyes, because even I can't do so. A lot of it is eyebrows, and just their overall face. I would say that Japanese people have more western looking features, and often have strongly upswept eyebrows. They also have a more unique look. Chinese people and Korean people look more similar but generally Chinese people have a rational, logical look to them and a softer bone structure. Koreans, in my opinion have a more emotional look to them and a harder bone structure.

  23. #23
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rick and Gilligan - What would make you say so? And if I am not ILE, what type do you think I am?

  24. #24
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My reasons against ILE are:
    1) you look too collected on the photos
    2) you seem too driven, and the drives are related to things more material such as "success," "status," and goal achievement. ILEs can be just as driven, but they are driven towards less material (and usually less practical) goals -- to do something unusual for the sake of novelty, to learn or find out something novel and thus increase their potential (but where's the realization of the potential??), etc.
    3) your consistency and discipline in things like working out no matter what are untypical of ILEs, who are easily distracted from such -related goals by odd things that come up and grab their attention.
    4) you seem to use quite a few formulaic (rational?) expressions when the situation seems to call for ethics:
    - "... which was a great read - please keep up the good work."
    - "Let's try to be more respectful of the fact that different people hold different points of view, and we are here to learn from each other, not prove each other wrong."
    - "I do appreciate Phaedrus suggesting it ..."
    - "Why thank you Kristiina..."
    This is typical of and, to an extent, types.

    Your approach to socionics is also rational and logical: you need to know your type so that you can "work on" the right functions. An type would be most interested in simply understanding as much as possible and gaining the right perspective rather than on immediately turning socionics into a tool (if I'm understanding you correctly).

  25. #25
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFj is my guess.

    Edit: ENTj is also possible after a closer inspection.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  26. #26
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow I am impressed Rick...this is the kind of analysis I have had so much trouble getting until now. The formulaic rational expressions is something that I had never thought of previously. It makes sense, I find it hard to be truly personal in ethics-related situations.

    So do you see me as a LIE, or a different type?

    Another question, what do you think is the reason I'm having so much trouble finding my type? I am sure that there is something to be discovered from that question, a problem that certain people have that makes typing difficult.

  27. #27
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow I am impressed by your analysis Rick - the formulaic rational expressions is something that I had never thought of before. It makes sense, I find it hard to be truly personal in ethics-related situations.
    Well, this only counts as an argument if you consistently use formulaic "nice guy" expressions that you stock up on to make a good impression on people, and then later drop the act when people get used to you . I believe this is related to as role function. It might be related to though, too.
    So do you see me as a LIE, or a different type?
    I'm not yet convinced, but it seems to be likely. Maybe people can try to generate some other possibilities rather than the usual "ILE vs. LIE" or "LII vs. ILI" thing -- as if there are only four types in the socion .

    How about LSE?

    Another question, what do you think is the reason I'm having so much trouble finding my type? I am sure that there is something to be discovered from that question, a problem that certain people have that makes typing difficult.
    Actually, this is normal. There often needs to be an element of subconscious suggestion to gain confidence of one's type -- e.g. hearing it from some "authority figure" or having a powerful dual experience, etc.

  28. #28
    pezzonovante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't say that I consistently use formulaic expressions just to make a good impression on people. It is more accurate to say that I use formulaic expressions whenever I encounter an ethics related situation, because I have trouble expressing how I really feel on the spot. The formulaic expressions aren't phony in any way, they just simplify something I have difficulty with. As a relationship progresses, I make the effort to truly reveal personal feelings, but with less frequency than I would use formulaic expressions.

    At someone's suggestion, I toyed with the alternative of SLE for a while today. I found that I had a lot in common with SLE profiles, but I definately lack many of the talents that dominant types have.

    I was also thinking about LII, because it would have made more sense function-wise than ILE. There were some characterizations I could agree with, but I definately don't think I could be a type with a POLR. I also don't have the LII's disdain for superficial social interactions, nor their lack of care about what people think of them.

    As far as LSE, I find some similiarities with the profile but not as many as other types. I think LSEs in general are much more conservative then I am. In addition, if I was LSE then I would be duals with one of my best friends, who I am very sure is EII. We are far from duals, we have a very close but unstable relationship. Semi-duality makes a lot more sense, that would strengthen the case that I am a LIE, but it is still not conclusive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •