Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Bricks are fine but it matters if its mainly muscle or fat

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    My dad was a string bean, my mom was an hourglass/triangle. I'm like a mix of both, but with a big head.
    That's not as bad as having a big body and a tiny head lmao. I swear in every picture I'm in, I look like this

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the most Brick person ive ever met.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like shoulders on men. naturally i find broad shoulders most attractive, but i can gradually note the manly qualities of other shoulder "types."

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@suedehead - Since you are interested in body types you will like this website describing the 25 body types, and their personalities that go with. Its extremely interesting. I have the original two great big volumes on this (I got them for very little, used on Amazon), the men's and the woman's versions, and it has maybe 8 very different people for each type, and pics of front, side and back - in bathing suits, and descriptions of how to identify the types. (There is also a complete one-volume book with pics/descriptions of men and woman for the 25 types, but you get fewer photos altogether, obviously.) The people depicted for all the types all look very different, yet, you can see clearly how they are the same type. ( @Maritsa, you, too, might like this book since you really like VI in Socionics).

So Suedehead I think you really might like the book, which you could order on Amazon used. Because you express a lot of interest in this. And you will see that there is a typical type that models bathing suits (maybe two or three types fit that bill) and are seen baring all on TV and movies, which can lead one to think one is deformed or deficient for not looking like that, but in actuality there are 24 other types and all of them are NORMAL. And personalities to go with, which is interesting. I am Blood and my husband is Brain.

See this page for a picture of 3 of the 25 male body types contrasted: since I cannot seem to post images here anymore: https://www.bodytype.com/bodytype_stuff/motif/men.jpg
    Some more, from the books:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f34b017eb1.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5cf7a35d6e.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...92d29e1378.jpg
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Added two inches to my bi-deltoid breadth recently via muscle memory, so I look like more like a slightly more sinuous rectangle now.
    Last edited by suedehead; 08-18-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ranked:

1) Brick
    2) Nacho
    -
    -
    3) Cucumber
    -
    -
    4) Stringbean
    5) Tomato
    6) Snowman
    7) Pear

The tomato, snowman, and possibly the pear would look better than the stringbean at a lower body fat percentage though.

Women:

1) Hour-glass
    2)Triangle
    -
    -
    -
    3) Round (not sure why I have this ranked so high - might be the coquettish pose)
    4) Rectangle
    5) Inverted triangle
    Last edited by suedehead; 08-18-2016 at 03:14 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Ranked:

1) Brick
    2) Nacho
    -
    3) Cucumber
    -
    4) Stringbean
    -
    -
    5) Tomato
    6) Snowman
    7) Pear

Women:

1) Hour-glass
    2)Triangle
    -
    -
    3) Rectangle
    4) Round (not sure why I have this ranked second-to-last - I guess it looks more feminine proportionally)
    5) Inverted triangle
    Every individual woman has her own preferences in terms of the ideal body type for men. All men would pretty much agree that the Hourglass is the ideal.
    There is way more diversity in preferences when it comes to women. Ever heard of the Dadbod? It was all the rage. That's rather the Pear, or even Tomato.

Then there are women who are really into boyish skinny guys, aka the String Bean.

Based on research and knowing women's taste more generally, I'd say most women prefer a guy to look like a mix between the Cucumber and Nacho.
    Those women who find fit/muscular guys more attractive would like the guy to lean more towards the Nacho and maybe even the Brick,
    whereas women who do not like that much muscle on a guy would like him to lean more towards the Cucumber or even String Bean.

Personally, my favourite body types are Nacho, Brick, and Cucumber. A mix of Nacho and Brick would be my "ideal".
    I find the String Bean and Snowman the most unattractive, the former is actually worse to me.

P.S: For a woman, a guy's personality will always matter more than his body shape.
    So while he may not be her physical ideal, if his personality is (close to) her ideal, she'll be pretty happy.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i have a crush on someone his body type becomes the best.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    if i have a crush on someone his body type becomes the best.
    That's what I mean when I say personality matters more!
    I can totally relate to that... many women can, probably.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Women who like sloppy, overweight guys see them as good long-term relationship material, nothing more. If you want to slay or be in a non-tepid/sexless relationship, then you're better off being somewhat lean.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i will marry a horse.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Women who like sloppy, overweight guys see them as good long-term relationship material, nothing more.

Partially true, but if women didn't occasionally reward beta men with sex they would totally snap and kill them. I know a very ugly woman with a fat and ugly man. She still fantasizes about being fucked by the Chad (like they all predictably do) - but she is with the fat ugly nice comic book dude guy because she herself isn't a model herself and looks like a deformed duck. (sorry if that sounds mean it's just the truth though) They could make the sex work with the lights off and some imagination I think... or maybe i'm wrong and they are really into each other who knows. There is hope for everybody.

I also want to add that although my female friend I'm talking about isn't physically attractive, she's a wonderful person with a very good heart. She is genuinely kind, so she isn't going to completely scoff off a fat beta male like a cruel princess would. We generalize women a lot but morally they can be very different. I think maybe it's the women who try to have a serious, loving relationship with Chad and 'change him' like fifty shades of gray (instead of enjoying it as just a fantasy or a fun fuck buddy) that are the most psychologically damaging and also hateful in other ways, and society supports this. (I mean Hollywood but they are evil anyway you know) That is just an immature female fantasy. Grown up women know how much bs that is, like my enfp cousin. I've noticed women who are really over the top campy and incredibly simplistic with the bad boy thing have their right and wrong centers in their brain completely fucked up. They will say things like 'I'm a nice girl into bad boys' But they are bad girls into bad boys....

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    That's not as bad as having a big body and a tiny head lmao. I swear in every picture I'm in, I look like this

Is that why you went the other direction with your avatar?

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go for bricks (tall bricks lol). I like broad shoulders but not if his waist/hips are narrow. I would take a fat guy over a skinny guy. I'm a rectangle according to SH's illustration.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx