3 7.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Copping a buzz

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Copping a buzz

If you could do as much as you like without ill bodily effect or causing the collapse of civilization, which would it be?

EDIT: physicalist prejudice struck out as per recommendation http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post934873

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

if it wouldn't hurt me or anybody else i would use much stronger stimulants than coffee. its nice being ~up~

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't use any stimulants nor have had in the past. Don't drink tea, coffee, don't do drugs. Only alcohol comes to mind which I use(d) to flush my brain out of crappy stuff accumulated.

Besides the art in which you poised your question is a bit funny, I don't want to argue but tea, coffee, alcohol, drugs, etc., cause "bodily ill effect", so a rational(?) answer would be all of them, providing they wouldn't induce any "ill bodily effect."

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

~winning~

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No wonder they are, taking into account all four you mentioned are drugs, so Gammas do tea, coffee, alcohol and drugs. Wonder what Alphas, Betas and Deltas choose as their poison. Drugs? Duh.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    No wonder they are, taking into account all four you mentioned are drugs, so Gammas do tea, coffee, alcohol and drugs. Wonder what Alphas, Betas and Deltas choose as their poison. Drugs? Duh.
    Of course they're all drugs but the connotation is pretty clear given the context provided by the other three items. I figured you'd be the one to raise this point since you already fumbled the hypothetical situation this is all based on. Ni polr strikes again.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It does strike like a brick and I know you made a classification regarding drugs and "segregated" them in a way that tea went under aromatic beverages, heroin under hard drugs, and so on. Fe polr I take it.

Besides, I don't do drugs in that take, so it is true, I can't be gamma.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't tell me true™ Gammas are afraid of danger and choose to get addicted to heroin instead of an occasional drink?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Anglas
    ^ thats interesting. i wonder what the factors were since the numbers aren't all what i'd expect.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    @Anglas
    ^ thats interesting. i wonder what the factors were since the numbers aren't all what i'd expect.
    Here's David Nutt's scale that was published on The Lancet, which is probably the most credited medical journa in the Western world. David Nutt was a professor working for the Department of Health and was a member in the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs. He sacked after he published a pamphlet in the The Lancet. The government didn't like his research results.

I am biased. I advocate that people should at least try illegal drugs (with caution), especially psychedelics. People are missing out on so much to be honest. Of course there will be people who will have bad time with them and they will stand out but rarely people dare to report how smoking can prevent Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, how mushrooms can treat the fear of death, how MDMA helps people with PTSD, how LSD has shown potential for treating alcoholism.

I also believe in spiritual use of psychedelics but I doubt that I could convey this to people who haven't tried it. This matter is gravely personal to me and if you, the reader, wish to know more, feel free to ask about my experiences in privacy.

I have given numerous people their first LSD trips while trip sitting. The way people can connect to themselves, others and the world around us never fails to astonish me.. ..I'm still wonderstruck.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, Nutt must know what he is saying.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the sensation of being drunk, nor do I like the taste of alcohol, so I try to avoid it as much as I can. Apparently I'm one of four people on earth who feels this way.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I don't like the sensation of being drunk, nor do I like the taste of alcohol, so I try to avoid it as much as I can. Apparently I'm one of four people on earth who feels this way.

Hi. Only I'm a teetotaler.

My drug of choice is coffee. I drink a cup a day. Haha.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I wish I could be as high as a kite on ecstacy and coke all day everyday. IF ONLY. If only.
    ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do a lot of drugs, however i eat really healthy, and drink this addicting blueberry tea with a bit of almond milk that's good for me.

i used to consume a lot of coffee when i was an overworked, poor and constantly stressed out student in a competitive boston academic lifestyle, but since quit and now my stomach just gets upset when i drink it. but then i always found amphetamines to be a more productive influence than caffeine back then too.

i like iced chai tea. esp. with a tiny drop of agave nectar.

oooooh. there's a delicious starbucks drink combination you should ALL try: "[iced or hot] soy green tea latte, with half the pumps vanilla and the other half classic." (e.g. if it's a lrg./venti latte it comes with 3 pumps of classic, so you'd want 1.5 vanilla and the other half classic.) it's perfect, hot or cold. seriously. try this. now.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weed... The most relaxing strains I can find. Opiates if they are available. Fuck the rest.
    But then there's those times when your grandpa opens a beer and you have to be courteous and play along.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Absurd your life is in danger..

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm with ya there. i can handle any drug you throw at me, but hard liquor gets me throwing up before i can even get a buzz. unless it's beer or wine i get horribly sick. hate alcohol
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was only gamma that didn't put drugs.

I chose tea, because I love it.

Alcohol-wise I like wine, but not enough to drink every day.
    Beer's okay with a pizza or wings once in a while.
    Not a huge fan of getting drunk these days, too busy with work and school and my "hangovers" involve me having a fever...which I've always found odd, and I feel like shit for days afterwards.

Drugs-- I've only tried prescription (but they were my pain pills after minor surgery.. I remember falling asleep so happily on my floor, indian style, thinking this is what life was all about.),
    and weed. the real stuff is fine, just makes me giggly and hungry. someone gave me synthetic...which is horrible for you, and to this day I'm still pissed about it- and I had a horrible trip which felt like it had lasted for all of eternity. and if I had been alone I probably would've harmed myself great-- I thought I was already dead. it pretty much scared me from ever trying hard drugs.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    and weed. the real stuff is fine, just makes me giggly and hungry. someone gave me synthetic...which is horrible for you, and to this day I'm still pissed about it- and I had a horrible trip which felt like it had lasted for all of eternity. and if I had been alone I probably would've harmed myself great-- I thought I was already dead. it pretty much scared me from ever trying hard drugs.
    Sounds like JWH. It's hard to get the dosage right since it's so potent.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maaaan, this is a tough one. The only two I have experience with would be alcohol and the ganja. Always hated mixing them. I might pick the latter, but it's been almost two years so I'm probably forgetting some of the downsides like how antisocial it would make me. Maybe alcohol would be better, since if you have good tolerance and know your limits the social lubricant is pretty sweet. Hard to say.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Maaaan, this is a tough one. The only two I have experience with would be alcohol and the ganja. Always hated mixing them.
    I mixed it with beer and vodka couple times when younger, thought my heart is going to jump out of my chest and go for a hike. Don't do that. When I got older I got smarter, so I take it easy.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Maaaan, this is a tough one. The only two I have experience with would be alcohol and the ganja. Always hated mixing them. I might pick the latter, but it's been almost two years so I'm probably forgetting some of the downsides like how antisocial it would make me. Maybe alcohol would be better, since if you have good tolerance and know your limits the social lubricant is pretty sweet. Hard to say.
    Social lubricant? I wish! I'm a full-fledged retard when I'm drunk (cue IJ dancing thread), and I tend to think slapping people's asses to be hilarious. I'm an embarassment.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    I will never understand why people love weed so much. All it does is make you sleepy, boring and dumb.
    i feel pretty much the same way about alcohol (except add obnoxious to the list)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    i feel pretty much the same way about alcohol (except add obnoxious to the list)
    So do I. Weed is so relaxing and calming. I would smoke it every night after a day's work if it weren't for the damn munchies...(and the money).
    I don't smoke very often at all, but it was nice to be able to go to a dispensary and buy good-quality weed (and the occasional brownie) legally in CA.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will never understand why people love weed so much. All it does is make you sleepy, boring and dumb.
    Yeah it does, although it doesn't have much if any effect on me, it just stinks.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol has the same effect on me, I feel so dumb and sleepy and have no energy to even think. When I'm buzzing from a few it's even worse, it makes me really paranoid and self conscious for some reason. This this is the reason I usually only have a few alone after a log workday to relax and sleep. I never do it to have a good time socially. Does this make me an alkie?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd use hallucinogenic drugs frequently if there were no consequences derived from it. I'd still like to use them once in a blue moon for the spiritual experience, but they are ridiculously hard to obtain unless you know the right people. I've tried salvia before and that was an interesting experience as I felt I discovered things that I wasn't supposed to know, but it was too short-lived to gain anything meaningful from that experience. I've used marijuana frequently in the past and I've always used alcohol rarely and generally try to avoid it like the plague. I was naive though as there are consequences from doing any drug without moderation. The most intense experience I had was getting stoned/drunk simultaneously, it was if the drugs' intensity had multiplied together. However, I only did that once and it most likely pales in comparison to harder drugs that I have never tried.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend died from salvia. he used was some sort of salvia/plus some other type of plant food mix..
    they found his body on his apartment stoop along with the body of his friend. not sure how? I think they had both vomited soon after ingesting and having been high, and choked on their own vomit?

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped drinking, smoking and class A's. Still drink coffee and tea but would prefer not to.

I enjoy being high on life and not concerning myself with putting things into my body to produce those effects.

I'm sure it could be argued the being high on life may come from some other outside factor/s but i like feeling natural.

EDIT: Still officially using nicotine as have nicorette inhaler to replace cigarettes.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No negative consequences to health or society? Shit, I don't think there's anything I wouldn't do.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GemOfTroy View Post
    EDIT: Still officially using nicotine as have nicorette inhaler to replace cigarettes.
    Cold turkey is difficult but also best. The only trick to it is not just forbidding yourself exceptions and excuses, but also — and most importantly — abiding by that.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope not. At one point most of my posts were written high.

I have several hobbies that require imagination and patience to sit down and create. Works great for me.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 02-09-2013 at 01:40 AM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure it could be argued the being high on life may come from some other outside factor/s but i like feeling natural.
    Although I know what you mean by natural in this context but did you know that many birds eagerly eat fermented berries and monkeys in St. Kitts steal drinks?
    I heard that studies have shown that their inclination to alcohol in demographics is very similar to humans: Some absolutists, many moderates and some "problem users".
    I'm getting one too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It elevates and mellows my mood and makes me more forgiving of idiots. The whole social ritual of sparking up with others is also enjoyable.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is stopping someone from overdosing on tea? I mean....wth. Go crazy and get some Earl Grey tonight, you badasses. Anyone who says they wouldn't love to be high 24/7 on drugz is a liar. A L-I-A-R....or they've just never been high before.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drink tea all the time at work. I'm such a fucking rebel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast