Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's rumored that I have a type

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's rumored that I have a type

Given consensus among old-timers it's unlikely this will generate much interest from them unless they hold opinions contrary to the herd (or just want to trip me up), but there are enough noobs trying to sharpen their teeth on my kneecaps that this should produce a little entertainment. Also, despite ESC and Effie starting a type challenge thread about me for their own pissy interests, I don't think I've made one myself so far. So in the interest of education I hereby begin my turn in the barrel. Feel free to ask questions and hurl tomatoes.

My self-concept vis-a-vis various tests:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Neutral.

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

http://similarminds.com/big5.html

Big Five Test Results

Extroversion |||||||||||| 42%
    Orderliness |||||||||| 36%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||||| 72%
    Accommodation |||||| 22%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||| 82%

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were high which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCUEI
    Your Primary type is Inquisitive

You scored as introverted and intellectually curious.

Global 5: sloan RCUEI; sloan+ rCuE|I|; primary Inquisitive; R(58%)C(72%)U(64%)E(78%)I(82%)

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

INTJ

Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(75%) iNtuitive Thinking(75%) Judging(11%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
    You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

http://similarminds.com/jung.html

Jung Test Results

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 72.73% Judging (J) 27.27%

Your type is: INTP

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2.php

You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator) with 4 wing

Sexual variant

Type 5 SX
    Type 8 SP
    Type 4 SP
    Type 1 SX
    Type 3 SX
    Type 7 SP
    Type 6 SP
    Type 9 SX
    Type 2 SP

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You walked the dog? YOU ARE MISTYPED.

Probably a slither more 4w5 than 5w4 due what appears to be a desire to subsume yourself to the ideas and labels you feel akin to, such that dropping them would cause you to lose definition. In addition you pursue a romantic ideal which defines 4s more than other types: mood cultivation based on that identity as opposed to the materialism more classically associated with 5.

Everything else looks acceptable.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-fin...job-class-test

Your result for The Final Fantasy Job Class Test ...

Thief

You scored 39% physical, 45% magic, 61% versatile, and 33% good!

You are more self-serving than anything else. You'll fight if necessary, and you could probably hold your own against most people, but you'd prefer to sneak or outwit your way out of it. You're also fairly greedy, and are not above taking things that aren't yours. However, you can be a very useful person to have around since you're good at finding ways into and out of things.

You scored 39% on physical, higher than 60% of your peers.

You scored 45% on mystical, higher than 40% of your peers.

You scored 61% on versatile, higher than 90% of your peers.

You scored 33% on good, higher than 12% of your peers.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-sub...ical-crap-test

Your result for The Sublime Philosophical Crap Test ...

67% Non-Reductionism
    67% Epistemological Absolutism
    33% Moral Objectivism

You are an N-A-R: a metaphysical Non-Reductionist, an epistemological Absolutist, and a moral Relativist.

Metaphysics: Non-Reductionism (Idealism or Realism) In metaphysics, my test measures your tendency towards Reductionism or Non-Reductionism. As a Non-Reductionist, you recognize that reality is not necessarily simple or unified, and you thus tend to produce a robust ontology instead of carelessly shaving away hypothetical entities that reflect our philosophical experiences. My test recognizes two types of Non-Reductionists: Idealists and Realists.

1. Idealists believe that reality is fundamentally unknowable. All we can ever know is the world of sense experience, thought, and other phenomena which are only distorted reflections of an ultimate (or noumenal) reality. Kant, one of the most significant philosophers in history, theorized that human beings perceive reality in such a way that they impose their own mental frameworks and categories upon reality, fully distorting it. Reality for Kant is unconceptualized and not subject to any of the categories our minds apply to it. Idealists are non-reductionists because they recognize that the distinction between phenomenal reality and ultimate reality cannot be so easily discarded or unified into a single reality. They are separate and distinct, and there is no reason to suppose the one mirrors the other. Major philosophical idealists include Kant and Fichte.

If your views are different from the above, then you may be a Realist. 2. Realists deny the validity of sloppy metaphysical reductions, because they feel that there is no reason to suspect that reality reflects principles of parsimony or simplicity. Realism is the most common-sensical of the metaphysical views. It doesn't see reality as a unity or as reducible to matter or mind, nor does it see reality as divided into a phenomenal world of experience and an unknowable noumenal world of things-in-themselves. Realist metaphysics emphasizes that reality is for the most part composed of the things we observe and think. On the question of the existence of universals, for instance, a realist will assert that while universals do not physically exist, the relations they describe in particulars are as real as the particular things themselves, giving universals a type of reality. Thus, no reduction is made. On the mind-body problem, realists tend to believe that minds and bodies both exist, and the philosophical problems involved in reducing mind to matter or matter to mind are too great to warrant such a reduction. Finally, realists deny that reality is ultimately a Unity or Absolute, though they recognize that reality can be viewed as a Unity when we consider the real relations between the parts as constituting this unity--but it doesn't mean that the world isn't also made up of particular things. Aristotle and Popper are famous realists.

Epistemology: Absolutism (Rationalism or Pragmatism) My test measures one's tendency towards Absolutism or Skepticism in regards to epistemology. As an Absolutist, you believe that objective knowledge is possible given the right approach, and you deny the claims of skeptical philosophers who insist that we can never have knowledge of ultimate reality. The two types of Absolutists recognized by my test are Rationalists and Pragmatists.

1. Rationalists believe that the use of reason ultimately provides the best route to truth. A rationalist usually defines truth as a correspondence between propositions and reality, taking the common-sense route. Also, rationalists tend to believe that knowledge of reality is made possible through certain foundational beliefs. This stance is known as foundationalism. A foundationalist believes that, because we cannot justify the truth of every statement in an infinite regress, we ultimately reach a foundation of knowledge. This foundation is composed of a priori truths, like mathematics and logic, as well as undoubtable truths like one's belief in his or her own existence. The belief that experiences and memories are veridical is also part of the foundation. Thus, for a rationalist knowledge of reality is made possible through our foundational beliefs, which we do not need to justify because we find them to be undoubtable and self-evident. In regards to science, a rationalist will tend to emphasize the foundational assumptions of scientific inquiry as prior to and more important than scientific inquiry itself. If science does lead to truth, it is only because it is based upon the assumption of certain rational principles such as "Every event is caused" and "The future will resemble the past". Philosophy has a wide representation of philosophical rationalists--Descartes, Spinoza, Liebniz, and many others.

If that didn't sound like your own views, then you are most likely the other type of Absolutist: the Pragmatist. Epistemological Pragmatists are fundamentally identified by their definition of truth. Truth is, on this view, merely a measure of a proposition's success in inquiry. This view is a strictly scientific notion of truth. A proposition can be called true if it leads to successful predictions or coheres best with the observed facts about the world. Thus, for the pragmatist, knowledge of reality is possible through scientific reasoning. A pragmatist emphasizes man's fallibility, and hence takes baby-steps towards knowledge through scientific methodology. Any truth claim for a pragmatist is open to revision and subject to change--if empirical observations lead us to call even logical rules into question (like quantum physics has done for the law of the excluded middle), then we can and should abandon even these supposed a priori and "absolutely certain" logical rules if they do not accord with our testing and refuting of our various propositions. As a consequence of this, a pragmatist doesn't feel that scientific knowledge is based upon unfounded assumptions that are taken to be true without any sort of justification--rather, they believe that the successes of scientific inquiry have proved that its assumptions are well-founded. For instance, the assumption of science that the future will be like the past is adequately shown by the amazing success of scientific theories in predicting future events--how else could this be possible unless the assumption were true? Pragmatism borrows elements from realism and yet attempts to account for the critiques made by skeptics and relativists. It is essentially a type of philosophical opportunism--it borrows the best stances from a large number of philosophical systems and attempts to discard the problems of these systems by combining them with others. Famous pragmatists of this type are Peirce and Dewey.

Ethics: Relativism (Subjectivism or Emotivism) My test measures one's tendency towards moral Objectivism or moral Relativism in regards to ethics. As a moral Relativist, you tend to see moral choices as describing a subject's reaction to a moral object or situation, and not as a property of the moral object itself. You may also feel that moral words are meaningless because they do not address any empirical fact about the world. My test recognizes two types of moral relativists--Subjectivists and Emotivists.

1. Subjectivists see individual or collective desires as defining a situation's or object's moral worth. Thus, the subject, not the object itself, determines the value. Subjectivists recognize that social rules, customs, and morality have been wide-ranging and quite varied throughout history among various cultures. As a result, Subjectivism doesn't attempt to issue hard and fast rules for judging the moral worth of things. Instead, it recognizes that what we consider "good" and "right" is not bound by any discernable rule. There is no one trait that makes an act good or right, because so many different kinds of things have been called good and right. In regards to the definition of "good" or "right", a Subjectivist will tend to define it as whatever a particular person or group of people desire. They do not define it merely as "happiness" or "pleasure", for instance, because sometimes we desire to do things that do not produce pleasure, and because we don't consider all pleasurable things good. Furthermore, Subjectivists recognize the validity of consequentialism in that sometimes we refer to consequences as good and bad--but they also recognize that our intentions behind an action, or the means to the end, can also determine an act's moral worth. Again, there is no one rule to determine these things. Hence the relativism of moral Subjectivism. The most well-known of the subjectivists is Nietzsche.

If that didn't sound like your position, then you are probably the other variety of moral Relativist--the Emotivist. Emotivists are moral Relativists only in a very slanted sense, because they actually deny that words about morality have any meaning at all. An Emotivist would probably accept Hume's argument that it is impossible to derive an "ought" from an "is"--no factual state of affairs can logically entail any sort of moral action. Furthermore, a emotivist's emphasis on scientific (and hence empirical) verification and testing quickly leads to the conclusion that concepts such as "good" and "right" don't really describe any real qualities or relations. Science is never concerned with whether a particular state of affairs is moral or right or good--and an emotivist feels much the same way. Morality is thus neither objective or subjective for the emotivist--it is without any meaning at all, a sort of vague ontological fiction that is merely a symbol for our emotional responses to certain events. Famous emotivists include Ayer and other positivists associated with the Vienna Circle.

As you can see, when your philosophical position is narrowed down there are so many potential categories that an OKCupid test cannot account for them all. But, taken as very broad categories or philosophical styles, you are best characterized as an N-A-R. Your exact philosophical opposite would be an R-S-O.

Metaphysics Distribution

You scored 67% on Metaphysics, higher than 48% of your peers.

Epistemology Distribution

You scored 67% on Epistemology, higher than 62% of your peers.

Ethics Distribution

You scored 33% on Ethics, higher than 28% of your peers.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Emotional Stability results were high which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

HAHAHAHA
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-whi...o-are-you-test

Spiderman

Congratulations! You scored a super ###%!
    You're hotter than, well, hot-cakes! You've got a fan base bigger than Pam & Tommy, and to tell the truth, you actually don't mind the super-hero gig. Most of the time, anyway. Everyone seems to love their fun, friendly and courageous hero as you swoop in to save the day, time and time again! Unfortunately, swooping and day-saving doesn't help pay the rent, and you're not exactly the "hero-for-hire" type either. Hey, at least you can play down the whole life saving, self sacrificing gig with some neat lil' punchlines and remarks! Juggling both egos becomes a strain at times and whilst you want to help everyone, you're also in search of "me time", often finding yourself having to make constant personal sacrifices in order to protect those around you. Don't fret though! At the end of the day you'll find yourself with the support from either those you rescue or perhaps a close friend or loved one who'll get you by, reminding you of how cool you look in spandex.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    HAHAHAHA
    You're slow on the draw, ButtPirate. I figured you'd jump out your own skin to be the first niggler in line.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Probably a slither more 4w5 than 5w4 due what appears to be a desire to subsume yourself to the ideas and labels you feel akin to, such that dropping them would cause you to lose definition. In addition you pursue a romantic ideal which defines 4s more than other types: mood cultivation based on that identity as opposed to the materialism more classically associated with 5.
    I don't identify much with 4 at all (pussy shit as a leading e-type, although it does account for my sense of being set apart from others by differences), though slightly moreso than with 6 (the self-bamboozling paranoid crusades of many sixes piss me off, especially when these delusional holy knights are guilty of the same sins they decry in others). That said, 5w6 will come up on some tests. I also receive sp/sx IS test results at times.

You'll have to provide a citation for this supposed materialism, which my searches indicate is more a general feature of 7 and 8.

If you mean materialism in the ontological sense of physical monism, that's been my default stance for fucking ever. Recently I've been easing myself into idealist monism of the hindu variety, taking an interest mostly in the nondualism of advaita vedanta (it seems a bit dry though so for shits and giggles I'm also looking into the qualified theistic monism of advaita saivism). Zhuangzi's brand of taoism is also appealing for its sublimation of perspective and intentionality, its skepticism, and its call for attunement to the universal law. This philosophy also strikes me as having numerous parallels with the Logos, process philosophy, and enantiodromia of Heraclitus.

Within the mythological domain of sanatana dharma I identify most strongly with Shiva and Kali, personifications of inexorable time and the totality of existence, destroyers of darkness and ignorance, continually annihilating and creating the universe moment by moment. Likewise the defunct Zoroastrian deity Zurvan (called Aion by Jung), who had a somewhat similar role as transcendent uncaused cause and progenitor of all, including fathering the dualistic spirits of light and dark, Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu. Within Norse mythology I have a fondness for Tyr, and then the mystic and riddler Odin above all, plus Fenrir (Hrodvitnir) and his sons Skoll and Hati, the last two fixed by the Norns (fates) to consume the sun and moon during Ragnarok, closing one cycle of existence and allowing a new world and a new mankind to arise from the ashes of the old (see further parallels with the circularity of hindu cosmology and Heraclitian apokatastasis, i.e. the cosmic reset button that returns all to its primordial chaos so that order can once again order the manifestation of forms).

My tattoos proclaim me a lover of lightning and thunder; someone who says "That's life" and appreciates the absurdity and exploitation of happenstance; who knows that time is fleeting and also illusory against the backdrop of eternity; and who values the creative realization of ideals (heaven I-ching (tian) trigram with a suggested bifurcation into earth by a psychic cross), again with a recognition of the unity of creation and destruction.

If given use of a time machine to assassinate a destructive world-historical figure I would kill Plato rather than Jesus or ******, though Mohammed is also a tempting option.

As a kid I always favored Eeyore among all Winnie the Pooh characters, and on Sesame Street it was Sam the Robot.

I hope to die by lighting bolt or drowning at sea.

Blah blah.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Often it's best to take rumors w a grain of salt....especially if one has high blood pressure.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't identify much with 4 at all (pussy shit as a leading e-type, although it does account for my sense of being set apart from others by differences), though slightly moreso than with 6 (the self-bamboozling paranoid crusades of many sixes piss me off, especially when these delusional holy knights are guilty of the same sins they decry in others). That said, 5w6 will come up on some tests. I also receive sp/sx IS test results at times.

You'll have to provide a citation for this supposed materialism, which my searches indicate is more a general feature of 7 and 8.
    The 5s are part of a grouping with the 6's and 7s which are part of the head triad, which are driven by fear as the primary emotion.

Although materialism isn't the defining feature of 5's, 5's are derived by as having avarice as their passion (http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/history.asp - miles down the page). Avarice is normally defined as a greed for material wealth or gain. The avarice in enneagram defined as not exclusively materialism in the case of the 5 but also of knowledge and security which are accumulated in an attempted to generate self-security. It is usually overshadowed in the 'materialism' stakes by 7 which has gluttony as its passion, which instead of accumulation is consumption focused.

Of course like all of the passions, the 5s passion for security through accumulation is unquenchable. As a 5 who most often tends to attract 7s, I can find that requests to feed the similarly unquenchable needs of 7s are entirely impossible and lead to withdrawl that the connection that a 7 would normally expect.

By contrast the 4 is part of the heart triad and along with the 2s and 3s, they are driven by grief as the primary emotion.

4's are driven by envy, to reacquire self definition which was once lost (the grief part) which leads them to covet ideas exclusively and from those ideas craft a persona which they will identify and derive their uniqueness. Over time this is refined and redefined as new ideas are discovered.

This continual association and re-association often leads to a strong sense of what is different even when the difference is very small. This generates most of lifes conflicts for the 4.

What I find most interesting is that the 4's 'Idea' is that of Holy origin, that being that our being itself simply is us and that the holy ideas merely obscure the real being that is ourself. I found this most profound when you discussed your food preferences which tended to make you more relaxed and also confident rather than dismissive.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hate types, I instead like to psychoanalyze people in a pure way.

No tomato throwing. We've definitely had our differences..... but I really don't want to be against anybody in life. except maybe that one person you just have to fight with sometimes mutually to blow off some steam but you are not that person for me.

anyways, I think you simply have a dog eat dog worldview. You don't trust others. You are so caring yourself that you come off as sadistic. You have changed a bit for the better, I can tell and I'm proud of you for that. Maybe you have the common but misperceived notion that people born with empathy vantage points are 'weaker' and it's your civic duty to make them "tougher" by biting into them. I think girls really admire your strength but then get pissed of you when you go overboard.

You have to understand that women are looking for this self confidence that is in this noble/diginfied way kinda. Not too heroic but this self confidence that doesn't break too many barriers. Females being females, and having all life come out through them, obviously can't help care about people you may not give two cents about - and you make them annoyed when you go after people who don't really deserve such a harsh punishment. They want the more emo person to be 'manly' but they also will feel sorry for everybody as its their nature female nature. They start off enjoying your strength then you break a female code, coming off as like you'd rather be more gay for ashton than be with a girl. (in a teasing way)

In a funny way I think your brain is too media-ized or something. I think you study too much, read too much just flat out intellectualize too much, snap at others inappropriately, make them back off, feel lonely and hurt- want forgiveness, well we do forgive you then you sort of stay sulk, and then back to treating yourself and everybody else as if they were pscyhological categories.

You are a person. Not an idea. You are a man, a simple man... a kind of woodsy lonely caring man. A sensitive man. A strong silent guy who wants to find peace with others.

You've said before I oversimplify. But you complicate. You and ashton both, want this mental vortex narcissistic head state that keeps you from being involved with a woman. When people see you accurately, then you want to attack them. You like want to destroy them for seeing through the veil and it doesn't work. Women don't want asses, they want tough guys. They want morality that doesn't go too overboard. They want somebody that really wants them, just not themselves. And once you prove you can have relationships - you will heal your own narcissism and dark side like we all do and your true self will breathe. I may not be your friend, but i am your spiritual teacher as you are mine, as we tend to be quite different.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Often it's best to take rumors w a grain of salt....especially if one has high blood pressure.
    Indeed. Luckily my BP is low enough that doctors tell me many people would pay good money to have the same.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    What I find most interesting is that the 4's 'Idea' is that of Holy origin, that being that our being itself simply is us and that the holy ideas merely obscure the real being that is ourself. I found this most profound when you discussed your food preferences which tended to make you more relaxed and also confident rather than dismissive.
    I'm also pretty confident when dismissing people for being stupid and babyish, which are the most frequent triggers for it. Regarding this holy idea:

Four – Holy Origin, the perception and understanding that all appearance is nothing but the manifestation of Being; I am connected to Holy Origin and so is everyone and everything else.

It would be nice to believe this is true and it's something I definitely examine intellectually, but it's not a state of being that I feel except in exceedingly rare flashes that fly away the moment they appear.

[1]Because our ego mind is profoundly cut off from the ground of Being, it needs constant support and reinforcement, otherwise its inherent unreality will be revealed. The Four's ego agenda is to sustain a particular identity, to be an individual, and the ego goes about that impossible task in the best way it knows how. But when the ego activity slows down and rests, we become aware of Being itself as the source and origin of our true identity. This is not a concept or a belief, but a direct experience of our identity as Essence. We do not, and cannot, do anything to be ourselves. The more we try to become a particular image or idea of ourselves, the more we lose the immediate contact with the rich, delightful contact with our true self as Being. [2]We see that we are not separate from anything, that our true nature partakes of the whole of reality: that all parts of the universe are manifesting a tremendous creative intelligence, and that the self is an aspect of that creative flow, and cannot be otherwise. We understand that the source of everything is the core of our true identity—that it is creating and sustaining the self always. The recognition of this brings a feeling of exquisite delight in simply resting in and being one's true identity.

So:

1 - This distinct and even unusual identity is something I cultivated as a kid but eventually found was wasted effort as I naturally stood apart for reasons of interests, values, and attitude. So while I might lack sureness in the direction of certain personal traits, there's never been any doubt as to who I am, which I figured out at a very early age is someone who is just passing through this world, though at the same time being eternally of this world before the transient emergent conglomeration "I" existed and ever onward after.

2 - This is something I'm slowly approaching through eastern species of monism (and with which I find similarities in Spinoza), but again it's a deliberate and slow-going practice. In fact, given a reflexive tendency toward pyrrhonism and a rejection of theism (at least in the crude xian skygod fashion*) and the supernatural I have doubts as to whether it can be achieved in my life.

This "holy origin" isn't really prominent in my daily existence except as a deficiency that I sometimes remember a) exists and b) requires work. All in all, to the extent that this is present it's subservient to the accumulation of knowledge. It's not my origins that concern me but my state at my final destination.

Take stock of your motivated biases and review the evidence again.

* After becoming a militant atheist in the 3rd grade as a result of reading the KJV, these days it's my advice to those who profess to hate god to invent a more personally suitable deity than the one they've been handed by society. If you're going to tangle with imaginary beasts they might as well be friendly ones.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you also don't understand connections between others well, like you don't really gauge the emotional distance people have with each other very well. So you will sometimes mock the connections people have w/o really understand it because you're SO busy trying to find this rational/logical/intellectual viewpoint.

unity just can't be perceived in the way you are going about it, which is ironically what you seek to feel whole, because what person really wants beef with others? It's inherently self-destructive.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    you also don't understand connections between others well, like you don't really gauge the emotional distance people have with each other very well. So you will sometimes mock the connections people have w/o really understand it because you're SO busy trying to find this rational/logical/intellectual viewpoint.

unity just can't be perceived in the way you are going about it, which is ironically what you seek to feel whole, because what person really wants beef with others? It's inherently self-destructive.
    Eh. It's the easiest thing for me to intellectually atomize my close relations and lose the forest for the trees, so you're right in that respect. At the same time I can easily see those connections in others or with me, and then deduce the course of their development and maintenance. However, I don't really feel or value these except with rare individuals. There are certain people with whom I ought to have a closer bond and I realize this, and I'm sure to be sad for a while if they should kick the bucket before I do, but a definite sentiment toward these people feels faint and remote.

Either/or, I understand human connections, just in my particular way, which I know is alienating to some people because it's a coldly analytical approach that often reduces human experience to neurological states. Regarding empathy and all that shit, I don't mind helping people out of a jam and I've got a soft spot for animals, so I'm not completely dead in that regard.

And the unity I'm looking for is far less social and terrestrial than it is ontic and cosmic. The first is tricky to achieve in my life and the second, if at no other point, is guaranteed in death, woohoo!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there's no way in hell I disintegrate to 2 and integrate to 1. That's just laughable.

Let's see if my shrill pal Chriscosey gets drunk enough to make an appearance.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT getting E4 wrong

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You definitely strike me as ESFj.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BulletsAndDoves, connection in a beta NF sense ~3:20:

It was a bit of a joke, but seriously that's a very interesting concept, and hard to conceptualize.

P.S. I think the soundtrack fits perfectly.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

heavy ni sub bleeding into iei (and maybe sx instinct) are better explanations for certain qualities than primary 4.
    sometimes the 4 wing leaps out in stark definition to me but 5 is obviously and definitely the best fit.

I liked msm's post by accident.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I liked msm's post by accident.
    lol

k0rpsy is ILI
    (and we all know it).

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default in the interest of education

assuming ILI which subtype (Ni or Te) do you consider most appropriate for yourself, and why?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gay as fuck.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're an all right guy. You can act gay when you want to, see you lightened up and said wohoo with an exclamation point! We're probably more alike than different you're just a top. Or something.

(i like to top too actually but not as often)

I over intellectualize too just not with the same ego obviously, it sucks. Part of me just wants to be this pure animal, this like pure beast with no mind.

No you don't lack empathy actually the problem is you have so much of it that you are sadistic. Somebody whining = not a plea for empathy, they just need to release. It has nothing to do with like mental states or intentions. It's like a sort of orgasm.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, korpsy, you have to open up more to BnD so he can type you.
    Last edited by Absurd; 02-05-2013 at 06:29 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Both you and Ashton want to feel sorry for somebody way more than you just want to be in the moment with them. .And it's like empathy gone so overbored, it turns in the other way around.

idk i mock the girl helping a guy with that thing but I think the right level of straight female empathy might fix that so you can just sort of .... be with somebody you like without feeling tense.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh lawd

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BulletsAndDoves's deep "personal analysis" of Korpsy's soul creeps me out.

(We are all aware that Korpsy does not have a soul.)
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    lol
    k0rpsy is ILI
    (and we all know it).
    As much as that may be the popular opinion there are still doubters around, including a few mistyped merry sorts who are confusing themselves with MBTI.

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    assuming ILI which subtype (Ni or Te) do you consider most appropriate for yourself, and why?
    The former by dint of inert/contact and also by the more basic accepting/creating subtype scheme.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

BulletsAndDoves's deep "personal analysis" of Korpsy's soul creeps me out.
    Everybody has a soul. A soul is the mystical energy that keeps you connected to everybody else no matter how mean you like to appear over the internet. But I know you're just being funny so it's okay.

Caring is creepy.

Creepy-male

I think INTp is the most sensible solution that easily integrates together all the data compiled here.

What do you think is revealing of Ni-base? and how do you see the victim-aggressor aspect to Ni and Se?

Also I found the information on e4 and holy origin to be exceedingly interesting.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other day Jadae informed me that Korpsy is not a victim, but that I am and it's just "complicated."

Stick that in your socionical pipe and smoke it.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shang Tsung View Post
    What do you think is revealing of Ni-base?
    I can't answer that without heavy coloration from other IEs, but: tending to be mentally elsewhere much of the time, pondering likely future events in light of past ones; habitual psychologizing of others w/ an eye toward development of individual worldview and constituent complexes; spacecase; regular experience when asked personal questions of the brain momentarily forkbombing itself with a myriad of effective conditions and divergent plausible outcomes as prognosticative reality modeling is performed (i.e. spherical Ne expansion of possibility then necessitates pick-a-path adventure selection along Ni trajectories to reach desirable goals); being very meta in general; strong mental visualization that is periodically more attentionally arresting than externally-originating visual stimuli; causing girlfriends to uniformly complain of an ability to mentally disappear on them without physically leaving the area and doing so in such a way that they're incapable of following (i.e. possessing the trait of evanescence, involutionarily disappearing into the self); etc.

and how do you see the victim-aggressor aspect to Ni and Se?
    If S is experiential immediacy and N is its potential, when combined with extra- and intro-version it's easy to see how one tends toward assurance of action while the other is assured of its implications, and so blah blah blah, overthinking wallflower + dopefiend pornstar = goddam magic.

Stupidly named dichotomy.

Also I found the information on e4 and holy origin to be exceedingly interesting.
    Related: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ightened-Being

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    The other day Jadae informed me that Korpsy is not a victim, but that I am and it's just "complicated."

Stick that in your socionical pipe and smoke it.
    Sage insights from a guy hanging his hat in the wrong quadra and who insists on your shotgun marriage to a blithe mongoloid. No wonder it's complicated.

I'd guess this designation of non-victimhood stems from Maritsa's influence. She's informed me that she knows I'm SLI because her dad walks around in his pajamas all day, continually dicking with the thermostat and demanding to know whether people are comfortable.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga @Olga

MOST OF MY OUTWEAR IS BLACK OR DIFFERENT SHADES OF GREEN AND I WEAR TSHIRTS THAT ARE WHITE, GRAY, BLUE, GREEN, BLACK, RED, YELLOW, BLUE, OR BROWN AND SOMETIMES THEY'RE PRINTED WITH PICTURES OF SQUIRRELS GETTING DRUNK AND NAKED

I LIKE MUSIC

Larry & Shirley - The Cuckoo

Corrosion of Coformity - Albatross

Penderecki - Scherzo from Divertimento for cello

Aphex Twin - Alberto Balsam

Throbbing Gristle - Hamburger Lady

Gygori Ligeti - Cordes à vide

First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar

SPKTRM - Planet Human <--- my wakeup alarm

Faust - Du Weisst Schon (Dead Voices on Air remix)

The Misfits - Hybrid Moments

Hank Williams - Lonesome Whistle

Autechre - Gantz Graf

The Sims Music - Build Mode [Track 6]

DOWN - Lifer

Explosions In The Sky - Our Last Days As Children

Julian Bream - Nocturnal: Passacaglia

Einstuerzende Neubauten - Armenia

King Tubby Meets Augustus Pablo

Anton Webern - Passacaglia for Orchestra, Op. 1

Funckarma - Nays of Dight

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Gathering Storm

Coil - The First Five Minutes After Death

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Korpsy,
    Thank you for posting your music and the info about colors. I will have a look into your type definetly a bit later, when I translate my questionnaire. For now I can only say my first impressions of talking to you on the forum. You do remind me one ENTP I knew on the Russian forum. We could hardly understand each other. What he wrote and how he wrote did not get through my information methabolism. I experience very similar uncomfortable feeling when I read your posts - too much to take as regards to style of writing. This is nothing to do with my personal attitude to you as I like you. I have got very good feeling towards all people on the forum generally. This is normal for me.
    Not sure if it was helpful at all
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Methabolism. How novel.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well then, another satisfied customer. Crap music.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Well then, another satisfied customer. Crap music.
    You top my list for recommendations if my interests should ever turn to clowncore or 2-chord skinhead trash.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You top my list for recommendations if my interests should ever turn to clowncore or 2-chord skinhead trash.
    Well, it seems it's better to be quotable than to be honest for you seriously lack in that department.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Well, it seems it's better to be quotable than to be honest for you seriously lack in that department.
    So it's someone else named Absurd posting ICP and oi tunes under your account.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So it's someone else named Absurd posting ICP and oi tunes under your account.
    Yes, it's korpsey's dog having nothing better to to after it peed and walked his master. It's quite funny you get your panties in a twist over something somebody did and at the same time can't take criticism where it is due.

You know what? Run through the stuff I posted and do a ratio of aforementioned stuff you accuse me of and can't prove anything with the ratio of other stuff I posted. Let's see.

Unless you don't have a hangup on it, you don't have to do anything...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast