View Poll Results: Where does shyness fit into all this Socionics stuff?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Affects Sociotype determination

1 16.67%
  • Does not affect Sociotype but affects subtype determination

1 16.67%
  • Not type related at all

4 66.67%

Thread: Shyness

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shyness...

What is the role of shyness/social anxiety in Sociotype determination?
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably affects the way in which the sociotype is translated into, like, phenotype. Like, you could have a shy SLE in the same way you can have a shy EII or something. The difference would be how confident they act in social situations and stuff.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    Probably affects the way in which the sociotype is translated into, like, phenotype. Like, you could have a shy SLE in the same way you can have a shy EII or something. The difference would be how confident they act in social situations and stuff.
    So would a shy SLE have a more introverted subtype than a non-shy SLE or are subtype options completely unaffected by shyness?
    Mike

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm an extraverted type with an extraverted subtype and I was very shy when I was younger even though I mostly grew out of it. I don't think it's Socionics related as the introversion and extraversion in Socionics largely deals with how one derives energy and not shyness and sociability. Imo, It is most likely instinctual stacking and enneagram type related. Like a 6 sp/sx of any type will likely be more shy than a 7 so/sx of the same type.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X behavior is dependent on the circumstance. Y types probably tend to be more X in a Z situations.

Key:
    X = practically any personality trait
    Y = any of the 16 types.
    Z = any situation.

I can't be any more informative when it comes to a pseudoscience.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I'm an extraverted type with an extraverted subtype and I was very shy when I was younger even though I mostly grew out of it. I don't think it's Socionics related as the introversion and extraversion in Socionics largely deals with how one derives energy and not shyness and sociability. Imo, It is most likely instinctual stacking and enneagram type related. Like a 6 sp/sx of any type will likely be more shy than a 7 so/sx of the same type.
    Makes a lot of sense. Actually, if you look at my signature on the bottom you'll notice that I have exactly that: An extroverted Sociotype and extroverted subtype, while I also am a soc/sx 6w7 (which contributes quite a bit to a lot of my shyness, hesitation, and anxiety in social situations). So I tend to think that what you're saying makes sense (assuming that I typed myself right using each of these typologies).
    Mike

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post
    Makes a lot of sense. Actually, if you look at my signature on the bottom you'll notice that I have exactly that: An extroverted Sociotype and extroverted subtype, while I also am a soc/sx 6w7 (which contributes quite a bit to a lot of my shyness, hesitation, and anxiety in social situations). So I tend to think that what you're saying makes sense (assuming that I typed myself right using each of these typologies).
    Yeah, usually so/sx tend to be extraverted especially if they're a 7 from what I've seen, but I imagine a 6 so/sx would less likely be extraverted and more likely shy. Of course there are non-typology related factors that come into play as well.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think negative types are more prone to shyness than positive types. Say:

I tend to perceive: IEE, LSE, ILI, ESI, LSI, SLE, LII, SEI

As shy compared to: EII, SLI, LIE, SEE, EIE, IEI, ESE, ILE

Just watch at the figures of the forum and their types.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

mix of genetic traits and thinking other people will be an asshole if you show who you really are. kinda disappears slowly over time or all at once if the person is encouraged/loved by others.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Xander: I know you're in pain. I can't imagine the pain you're in. And I now you're about to do something apocalyptically evil and stupid and hey... still want to hang. You're Willow.

Willow: Don't call me that.

Xander: First day of kindergarten. You cried because you broke the yellow crayon and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion. But the thing is? Yeah. I love you. I love crayon-breaky Willow and I love.. scary veiny Willow. So if I'm going out, it's here. If you wanna kill the world? Well, then start with me. I've earned that.

Willow: You think I won't?

Xander: It doesn't matter. I'll still love you.

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Xander: I know you're in pain. I can't imagine the pain you're in. And I now you're about to do something apocalyptically evil and stupid and hey... still want to hang. You're Willow.

Willow: Don't call me that.

Xander: First day of kindergarten. You cried because you broke the yellow crayon and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion. But the thing is? Yeah. I love you. I love crayon-breaky Willow and I love.. scary veiny Willow. So if I'm going out, it's here. If you wanna kill the world? Well, then start with me. I've earned that.

Willow: You think I won't?

Xander: It doesn't matter. I'll still love you.
    </3

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

NO, XANDER! LOVE YOURSELF MORE!

*goes to download the first season of buffy*

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

oh god lungs. you are so cutely stereotypical straight female submissive like.