Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: ESIs-ISFjs holding their tongue around Fi polr's?

  1. #1
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ESIs-ISFjs holding their tongue around Fi polr's?

    ESI's, or anyone with experience observing. Do you feel like Fi polr's take what you say more personally than they should? Do you feel as if you have to hold your tongue around the person?

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fi and Fe emotions are different; while Fi emotions help a person recognize their emotions; an Fe allows the person to experience emotions. An Fi represses expressing emotions.

    Example:

    I see you angry, I feel that anger in me, like feeling things go on twice in reality instead of what's just going on with you and you alone. So because I feel what you feel inside of me, it quiets me down, it makes me withdraw and not communicate with you any more. I'm better now that I can realize what goes on between the two types.

    Within me, with the creation of you inside my brain, a MINI DJ lol, I try to use Ne to figure out how to get you to calm down because that's the desired state.

    There's a lot of internal dialogue with characters created inside the mind of an Fi.

  3. #3
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Podlair's sham(anistic) cyclopes have elevated maritsa's videos from above the internetly plane in order to homebrew their own mojo-pukefest version of ESI, so you might as well hand the keys to this thread over now.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    ESI's, or anyone with experience observing. Do you feel like Fi polr's take what you say more personally than they should? Do you feel as if you have to hold your tongue around the person?
    SAD TROMBONE, BITCH - HA CHA CHA!

  4. #4
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She doesn't like you Arendee, get over it.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  5. #5
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    She doesn't like you Arendee, get over it.
    She does. You didn't see us last night.

  6. #6
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Naughtiness

  7. #7
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESIs pretty much always try to hold their tongue not to offend people, excepting those very close to them, who are freely offended.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  8. #8
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ESIs pretty much always try to hold their tongue not to offend people, excepting those very close to them, who are freely offended.
    lmao! yes!

    As discovered in the animal thread, they're porcupines. Get too close and you get a face full of quills.

  9. #9
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ESIs pretty much always try to hold their tongue not to offend people, excepting those very close to them, who are freely offended.
    hahaha

  10. #10
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i don't know if they take what i say more personally than they should. if anything, maybe not as personally as i want them to. more commonly i take what they say more seriously than they intend it and i hold my tongue because i know that they don't actually mean it and it would be pointless to say anything. this is all based on pretty casual interactions, though, i can't recall any closer relationships.

  11. #11
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you post a socionics-related thread every time something happens in your social life?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Podlair's sham(anistic) cyclopes have elevated maritsa's videos from above the internetly plane in order to homebrew their own mojo-pukefest version of ESI, so you might as well hand the keys to this thread over now.
    Ad-hominem attacks + baseless accusation? That's quite the mixture that you have there, good sir

  13. #13
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Do you post a socionics-related thread every time something happens in your social life?
    maybe...

    I'm gonna gonna go post a thread asking why

  14. #14
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ESIs pretty much always try to hold their tongue not to offend people, excepting those very close to them, who are freely offended.
    You're theying again. Slit your throat for mention of "always".

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    You're theying again. Slit your throat for mention of "always".
    U take my BS way too seriously
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    U take my BS way too seriously
    That is an interesting way of displacing responsibility for your consistency at saying certain kinds of stupid shit.

  17. #17
    Pierreuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    EIE-Se
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    more commonly i take what they say more seriously than they intend it and i hold my tongue because i know that they don't actually mean it and it would be pointless to say anything.
    Someone else was talking to me about this the other day. Can you give any examples? I'm actually curious about what sort of thing she meant (she's also Fi-base) but forgot to ask. I have an easy time reading Fi-bases' general attitudes and body language but I have a hard time getting inside their heads.
    Dandelion Fluff Upon a Spoon

  18. #18
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    That is an interesting way of displacing responsibility for your consistency at saying certain kinds of stupid shit.
    Yes, isn't it? I learnt it as a kid...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  19. #19
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    That is an interesting way of displacing responsibility for your consistency at saying certain kinds of stupid shit.
    Most things that are not based on empirism nor priori knowledge become less real when formed into words. However, the thing that FDG said was a fairly obvious joke, although it might have grain of truth.

    And aren't you supposed to be on an experimental niceness spree or is it just for particular occasions?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  20. #20
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have finally socio typed my brother, he is ESI. (I used to think he was an SLI...) He is a total asshole - mainly because he has never even thought about examining his beliefs.

    He is the Sensory Subtype. He is very brusque. The intertype relation between you and him would be called supervision, he is your supervisor. He will attempt to revise your ethical understanding.

    His ethical values center upon ideas of the strong dominating the weak, that entropy is the sole causal force in the universe, that all people are fools and that they lose. A firm belief in Darwinism means that my brother often refers to rape as the highest and best expression of the moral right. It is not uncommon for him to talk about man-on-man rape, as a means of teaching the weak a lesson. Looking at Wikisocion, we can see that this is a form of his PoLR Ne --> to quote "The ESI dislikes evaluations of people's potential to engage in activities or develop skills in which they haven't had experience yet; above all he is uncomfortable with such discussions by other people regarding himself."

    This means, that if he was in a TKD class with you, he would be doing two things. Firstly, he would be belittling you in his mind out of insecurity. HE would also think you are a super-jock and that you are genetically superior and have proven yourself by <gulp!> raping other men in the class! He would be sniveling and insecure, rather like a goblin. That is because he is "uncomfortable with other people" addressing his potential. He will be likely to either not make eye contact with you, or he will walk by you strutting with his chest out, thinking you are admiring him - and possibly do both within a few moments after seeing you.

    Secondly, after he somehow acquires some TKD skill, this "nasty little goblin" will be unable to see any potential with the other TKD students, and he will attempt to project his insecurities onto them. He will believe that he has the right to judge the other students, and to screen out the weak. This is a moral imperative.

    His supervision would consist of egging on any harassment occurring in the class, wanting YOU to be the one who rapes the retarded boy in the bathroom. He will hold you up as a symbol of Darwinian perfection and then egg you on to enforce your superiority by trying to get you to bully the other students. He cannot see people's potential because of his PoLR Ne.

    He will want you to base your ethics on the total absence of the ability to see potential in others. He will want your Fi to be trapped in orbit around a total lack of Ne. He will want you to bully others.

    Here is a video of him!

     
    God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper


    Socionics -
    the16types.info

  21. #21
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah idunno about that bro

  22. #22
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,780
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's hardly just ESIs, other types will refrain from saying everything that's on their mind as to not offend the other person.

    Watch any of the political debates if you want to see people holding their tongue in fear of saying too much. I don't see what's so type related about all of this.

  23. #23
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,905
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I have finally socio typed my brother, he is ESI. (I used to think he was an SLI...) He is a total asshole - mainly because he has never even thought about examining his beliefs.

    He is the Sensory Subtype. He is very brusque. The intertype relation between you and him would be called supervision, he is your supervisor. He will attempt to revise your ethical understanding.

    His ethical values center upon ideas of the strong dominating the weak, that entropy is the sole causal force in the universe, that all people are fools and that they lose. A firm belief in Darwinism means that my brother often refers to rape as the highest and best expression of the moral right. It is not uncommon for him to talk about man-on-man rape, as a means of teaching the weak a lesson. Looking at Wikisocion, we can see that this is a form of his PoLR Ne --> to quote "The ESI dislikes evaluations of people's potential to engage in activities or develop skills in which they haven't had experience yet; above all he is uncomfortable with such discussions by other people regarding himself."

    This means, that if he was in a TKD class with you, he would be doing two things. Firstly, he would be belittling you in his mind out of insecurity. HE would also think you are a super-jock and that you are genetically superior and have proven yourself by <gulp!> raping other men in the class! He would be sniveling and insecure, rather like a goblin. That is because he is "uncomfortable with other people" addressing his potential. He will be likely to either not make eye contact with you, or he will walk by you strutting with his chest out, thinking you are admiring him - and possibly do both within a few moments after seeing you.

    Secondly, after he somehow acquires some TKD skill, this "nasty little goblin" will be unable to see any potential with the other TKD students, and he will attempt to project his insecurities onto them. He will believe that he has the right to judge the other students, and to screen out the weak. This is a moral imperative.

    His supervision would consist of egging on any harassment occurring in the class, wanting YOU to be the one who rapes the retarded boy in the bathroom. He will hold you up as a symbol of Darwinian perfection and then egg you on to enforce your superiority by trying to get you to bully the other students. He cannot see people's potential because of his PoLR Ne.

    He will want you to base your ethics on the total absence of the ability to see potential in others. He will want your Fi to be trapped in orbit around a total lack of Ne. He will want you to bully others.

    Here is a video of him!

    wtf, lol

     

  24. #24

  25. #25
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't hold my tongue. but sometimes I do and Idk why. and it confuses me-- I'm I trying to detour drama? I'm I trying to be liked? Don't wanna waste my time? Is it not worth it?

    and other times, "Fuck it, you KNOW what...... (insert my thoughts here)..."

    though I think the biggest reason I may not voice an opinion is that I think I might be wrong. and look ridiculous if someone else's argument is more believable/ better thought-out than mine.

    i dont wanna look stupid in front of my peeerrs

  26. #26
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It would be kind of obvious and your fingers would get wet quickly.

    Would you really like Fi PoLRs to see right down your throat? :/

  27. #27
    ladysummers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    Fi - ESI 6w7 SP/SX
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've known one SLE for 6 years, and maybe it's just because of the relationship that we have but I tell him what I think about him or subjects most of the time. I don't hold my tongue around him because I am comfortable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •