Thread: Delta Survey

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta Survey

I am posting this into each quadra. While you are free to read what other quadras write, please keep your response in the quadra you feel suits you best. Also, Please state the type/types you think you might be.

Please start with one or two that you find most interesting, and/or hate the worst.

The Questions:
    In what ways do the following information affect you?
    Also, how do you make use of the following information?
    Are there any particular combos which you prefer? Avoid?

The Information: (Note: "Object" refers to observer, another person, another thing/idea/system/event/etc)
    objects' inner content, structure, underlying phenomena, and inherent possibilities
    objects' physical experiences and sensations
    objects' internal processes/changes and excitation/subduedness
    objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies
    objects' traits, form, shape, appearance, and position.
    objects' timing and patterns of processes
    objects' attraction/repulsion, like/dislike, need/antipathy
    objects' data structure and the what/how/where of behaviors and events
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Questions:
    In what ways do the following information affect you?
    Also, how do you make use of the following information?
    Are there any particular combos which you prefer? Avoid?

The Information: (Note: "Object" refers to observer, another person, another thing/idea/system/event/etc)
    objects' inner content, structure, underlying phenomena, and inherent possibilities

This feels completely natural to me, when I see an object in motion I can picture its trajectory and imagine what its like to be that object, the sensations I would feel.

The question is sooo long!?
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    The question is sooo long!?
    argh, I know.

I could either make one post that included all....
    or I could make 8 posts that included one only.

Maybe I should delete the others and just post this in "what's my type" for newcomers and such, as a guideline to follow in describing themselves.

or maybe I should just forget the whole thing
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk

This feels completely natural to me, when I see an object in motion I can picture its trajectory and imagine what its like to be that object, the sensations I would feel.
    Wow, that's interesting.
    I do sort of similar, except that for me, I don't really see the object as moving. I see it more as...at this point in time, in this situation, with these values/attractions/needs/etc....what would it feel like?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throughout my day I'm constantly asking questions like "why this", "what's happening here", "what all does this mean", "what are the basics to this", "what did they use to draw these conclusions", "why is that person looking over there", "what are they fighting about", etc.

In the school environment of subjects I was interested in, I would see fellow students having difficulty understanding "simple" concepts. After their frustration level reached a near breaking point, I'd offer some "insight" into whatever they were having difficulties with. For example, for the hypnosis certification course, we had to write up our own induction. Most people simply copied the one we were taught, changing a word here or there. Some people actually wanted to write up their own…but had difficulty figuring out how to do that. So, during lab, I chit-chatted with them, and talked about some of the various things involved in inductions, the goal for each part, and some methods of achieving that goal. They'd always ask me how I knew this. I'd tell them that I'd been reading books outside of class, and while none of the reading material had explicitly stated what I'd said, these were things they each had in common.

I briefly took a nature course. The part I loved most about it was when we'd do things like…make rope out of grass. The instructor gave us step by step how to do it….but it seemed so….complicated. So, as I used his methods, I was paying attention to how we were doing it, what felt wrong about it, and viewed the steps from varying angles. Finally, I saw it from, not the side we were working on … but the opposite side. At that moment, I noticed that there was an unneeded extra step. I reworked my grass, altering the method, adjusting the tension…and something else I forgot now…and my rope-making went much faster than even the instructor. A fellow student saw my work, commented on how much better mine looked, saw that I was doing it differently, and started following my steps. I watched him, spotted something that wasn't quite right in his own work, pointed it out, and told him the purpose of that step, and thus he was able to adjust his work to suit his own finger manipulating style. By the end of that part of the class, those who had learned from me had longer and stronger ropes than the instructor and the one person (out of 7) who chose to follow the instructor's methods instead.

I actually deleted other examples...just too many to list/describe. Ultimately, if I had a choice, if this was all I had to do in life…life would be just grand!!! (I even salivate at the thought of possibly getting paid to do this!!)

For me, personally, this is a subset of the inner structure type information.

As I stated to IcePick, I want to feel what it's like to be an object/person at this point in time, in this situation, with these values/repulsions/needs/connections/etc. People are more interesting to me than other objects, but that is mostly because of the complexity issue. The more complex it is, the more interesting I find it (I do admit to a limit in the amount of complexity I want, though). However, I don't limit myself to people/animals, see "inner content, structure" section.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Hey Icepick, it's good to see you back again! I haven't seen you post for awhile. Here are the items I could most identify with most:

"objects' timing and patterns of processes"

I can be good at predicting how an object will behave in a physical sense, and always possessed an uncanny ability for determining just how much force to apply to a ball when shooting baskets or whatever. I can remember people in gym class being amazed at how often I could make baskets from long distances. When I played softball I always could very quickly determine how to hit the ball to get the effect I wanted. And like Icepick, predicting trajectories and the like always came very easy to me.

"objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies"

This sounds the least interesting to me as I'm a subjective person that likes doing things on a spontaneous basis. Sitting around and just pondering the highly impersonal properties/mathematical constructs of something or discussing/creating rules and hierarchies does not interest me at all--especially the latter.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    "objects' timing and patterns of processes"

I can be good at predicting how an object will behave in a physical sense, and always possessed an uncanny ability for determining just how much force to apply to a ball when shooting baskets or whatever. I can remember people in gym class being amazed at how often I could make baskets from long distances. When I played softball I always could very quickly determine how to hit the ball to get the effect I wanted. And like Icepick, predicting trajectories and the like always came very easy to me.

"objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies"

This sounds the least interesting to me as I'm a subjective person that likes doing things on a spontaneous basis. Sitting around and just pondering the highly impersonal properties/mathematical constructs of something or discussing/creating rules and hierarchies does not interest me at all--especially the latter.
    Thank You, Typeless Wonder. I completely agree with you on the last one. *shivers*

I used to love playing basketball for my church back in my high school years. I wasn't very good at shooting baskets, though. I just couldn't seem to get my timing down right. In practices, when it was calm, and if I just kinda..let my subconscious take over, I'd make the baskets. But when things were busy, and I'm trying to keep track of the other players, there just didn't seem to be much energy left to figure out when I should begin the layup, how far to step, when to make the shot, etc. My best position on the team though was playing an offensive defense. I was best at stealing the ball from the other players, many times just as they brought it in. I didn't have to think much with this one. Here, this kind of playing, I could allow my body to just take over without my mind interferring. Perhaps because exactness in timing wasn't needed?

I think, that if I allow my subconscious to attend to the timing and patterns of processes, then I do far better. The same with playing billiards. If I actually try to aim, try to judge how much force to use, etc, then I suck. Whereas if I just allow my body to take over, and distract my mind with something else, then I'm able to shoot better.

I think that somehow my timing and patterns of process info is attached to the how/what of behavior and events. Just so long as I don't actually try to think about it.

objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies
    This is one of the things I particularly dislike. While I can get a sense of connections and correlations, I cannot pinpoint exactly what's going on. And the mere concept of attending to measurable data, while scientifically needed, just seems so...so...too much details! It's sad to say, but for the most part, I feel like.."who cares!!" And if I'm reading it.... .....I get soo lost (except when it comes to relative correlations and obvious proportional differences).

Also, when I'm dealing with this kind of information, I get caught up wanting to know how they got it, how are they sure it is relative to whatever point, how did they get the rule, can i actually observe the rule, the heirarchies, etc? And then it all just becomes a jumble in my head.

Needless to say, sciences in school were one of the banes of my existence. In lab, we had to ensure careful measurements and such, and I just wanted to...i dunno...guess at it.

I remember taking the ASVAB in high school. After I finished my test and the guy looked it over, he laughed. I asked him what was so funny. He said something about if this had been real, I'd have blown the school up.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    the timing in which u meet certain people in your life. coincidental things happening at the same time. linking ideas and events together
    Wow, fever, your whole response was like..total Fi with Ne. If I hadn't seen the INFj on the bottom, I would have assumed ENFp. Now, I'm curious about other ENFp and INFj responses.

I quoted the timing and patterns of processes one because it was one that made me think about those coincidental things happening at the same time. I had mentioned in my own response that if I let the timing and processes stay more in my subconscious, then I seem to respond to it better. I wonder if this may be why certain coincidences carry an almost spiritual connotation for me. I'm not sure how I feel about the thought that some of my spiritual beliefs may just be me processing info subconsciously.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Sure. I wonder about that sometimes but more of how they effect other people and myself. I don't give a damn what's inside a micowave, don't care how it works as long as it does and I can use it. I'm not great at fixing mechanically because of that reason. I'm not interested enough at how things work, just want to know YES they do work and they bring me happiness. I'm sure my computer is dying very slowly because I know nothing about protecting them.

-I'm afraid of physically experiencing something different. I don't trust it as much, like I have such a hard time trusting water (but I trust solid ground). I hate heights and rollercoasters (seriously, I'm deadly terrified, not fun at all, good feeling right afterwards but feeling like I'm seriously going to die is not fun) I always like to be prepared emotionally for anything and if I'm not ready emotionally or not feeling emotionally sponetaneous and daring, I wouldn't do it. So something new, especially as extreme as 'physical' I might need a lot of emotional convincing or well, I'll try most things once, get scared and never try it again.

objects' internal processes/changes and excitation/subduedness
    -I'm very interested in what people are thinking on the inside. I look for approval, disapproval, happiness, excitement, etc. It sort of rubs off on me. If they're happy, I can be happy too and if I can sense of approval, acceptance, if they like me, I can relax and may even get a bit chatty. There's the real difference between me being shy and awkward and not shy and awkward. Sometimes, I just reach out but certain people give off a vibe that says I wouldn't judge you and I'll give you a chance to be anyone you want and when I feel that vibe, I'll feel like we're instantly friends, not that I'll turn into an outgoing social butterfly but yea... I remember people by their vibe. I'm not great at recognizing faces until I feel a significant vibe from you. It'll take a couple of meetings.

-Eeew. Don't know what you're really asking for. What can I say but eeew.

objects' traits, form, shape, appearance, and position.
    -Eh...huh? Physical appearance is all fuzzy to me unless I know you for a long, long time then I can recognize the way you walk, recognize your popular facial expressions, favorite things to say, favorite ways to sit, an predict your behavior and action and answer

- I like to wonder why something happens now instead of then or a few days from now. I want to see patterns of the way things happen and why they do. I want to understand and find a reason that makes sense if the series of happenings is confusing and abrupt.

objects' attraction/repulsion, like/dislike, need/antipathy
    -With everything, I don't think about it logically, it's either I like this person or dislike that object, I need this person or I feel antipathy toward his or her problems.

objects' data structure and the what/how/where of behaviors and events
    -not great at memorizing exactly when or what or how or where of events or behaviors but if I can remember the problem, the cause of the effect, then I'll remember. I'm very bad at memory, don't remember anything unless it's very important (and silly most of the time) like a good joke, wouldn't remember exactly when I heard the good joke but will probably remember why
    INFP