Thread: Beta Survey

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta Survey

I am posting this into each quadra. While you are free to read what other quadras write, please keep your response in the quadra you feel suits you best. Also, Please state the type/types you think you might be.

Please start with one or two that you find most interesting, and/or hate the worst.

The Questions:
    In what ways do the following information affect you?
    Also, how do you make use of the following information?
    Are there any particular combos which you prefer? Avoid?

The Information: (Note: "Object" refers to observer, another person, another thing/idea/system/event/etc)
    objects' inner content, structure, underlying phenomena, and inherent possibilities
    objects' physical experiences and sensations
    objects' internal processes/changes and excitation/subduedness
    objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies
    objects' traits, form, shape, appearance, and position.
    objects' timing and patterns of processes
    objects' attraction/repulsion, like/dislike, need/antipathy
    objects' data structure and the what/how/where of behaviors and events[/b]
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please start with one or two that you find most interesting, and/or hate the worst.

(added to original post)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maize, this info is awesome, thank you! Part of the reason I am asking these questions, is because I think it would be interesting to read examples of how different types view the same types of information. And even how same types use/view differently the same types of info. IcePick provided me with an interesting look into a combination of physical experiences/sensations with inner content/structure with what/how where of behaviors/events. Kristiina provided me with an interesting combination of timing and inner/processes combined with what/how where of behaviors/events.

Many of these descriptions show me a whole different way of looking at the combos than I would have personally been able to infer/deduce.

Thank you for your input. I will need some time to process it all, and will probably have some nosey questions a bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    Anndelise, I don't know what use this info. will provide, but here goes this..for now...I might add or change things if something new comes to mind or if I misread your questions. =)

objects' inner content, structure, underlying phenomena, and inherent possibilities
    The way I'm reading this, it makes me feel like I have to really focus and think hard to figure out what makes things (for this one, I'll interpret "object" as a "thing") function. Radios/televisions/ and their waves come into mind. I don't usually take in this kind of information. I'm happy others can figure out an objects' inner structure and bring other possibilities into existence, but I am more interested in focusing on other occurences.

objects' physical experiences and sensations
    I kinda react in an...apprehensive way to the physical experience of objects. They don't immediately DRAW me in. I want to know how the physical presence that I'm viewing reflects/impacts my and others' reality. For example...the ocean. I'm not quick to JUMP in and experience being physically thrown from one place to another. The waves hitting my body, makes me a bit weary. So, I use the info. of the waves/ocean to think about things like....how the ocean's physical presence on our planet, reveals weather patterns. If we study the ocean, what information about our planet will we uncover. I don't really care to be caught up in the physical aspect of it. When I do, I feel stripped. Somewhat PROUD of my ability to become unihibited. I make a big deal and celebrate myself. lol

objects' internal processes/changes and excitation/subduedness
    When I think about the level of excitation around me, I can figure out the flow that we will be entertaining. Yeah, I feel confident with this one! Finally, one I can relate to. I use this information to engage/disengage from others. If they are at a level of "excitement" that I feel is "TOO much" for me at the time, I kinda just quietly/shyly walk away. lol Disengage them for the time being. If I can see that someone has become more "stable" in their demeanor, it’s time to engage. I know when to have the BEST, FUNNEST, MOST, AMAZINGLY EXISTENTIAL talks with my ESTp brother. And that is...when he comes into MY space...ALONE. No kids, no wife, and my home = a recipe for a long walk and deep talk. It’s awesome. I know that when I’m at his house, it’s going to be riddled with a bit of chaos a bit of artificial small talk...a bit of lets just drink and play a game. The atmosphere set up is condusive for that kind of experience. I go in knowing what to expect out of the moment. Sometimes, I’m not up for that kind of thing and I simply don’t go over when invited. I use this info. to either participate or not. To either go with the flow if I feel like and share the excitement...or not. People accept this about me. When I tell them I’m not in the mood, they never appear offended and give me my space.

objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies
    Oh yes, I like this one too. I’ll start iwth rules. Rules have always fascinated me. The idea that we can co-create a plan to achieve an outcome is quite fascinating. There are so many perspectives and “wants” in the world and when those wants conflict...I just can’t cope with that. I need to feel safe in knowing that it is possible to establish order out of that chaos. That objective information is out there that can quelch the conflict. I generally don’t take in this kind of information reflexively because I’m too focused on perceiving the state of “stability” around me. Quantifiable results always impress me. What comes to mind is Al Gore’s documentary, “An inconvenient truth.” That film seemed filed with such information.

objects' traits, form, shape, appearance, and position.
    Objects' traits...YES, I take in that kind of information willingly. What makes them...them, is always something I seek to know. Like when looking at dog breeds...I enjoy reading through dog breed books. I like knowing that there are breeds that have certain strengths and require certain care. I like knowing the history of the breed and how the human/breed relation developed. What need was being fulfilled by keeping a certain breed alive. That kind of thing. My simple examples, feel... so...simple.

objects' timing and patterns of processes
    Well, the whole world is governed by patterns that I tend to idealize and almost hold up to Godly status. I don't find our time-dictated-earth to be hindering me in any way. I rather find natures cycles to be rather beautiful. The cycles allow for our earthly experience to take place and that is rather cool in my eyes. Environmental patterns/processes are something that provide a sense of stability and future planning. It's something that is so ingrained in our reality that I find it to be something worth celebrating.

objects' attraction/repulsion, like/dislike, need/antipathy
    I don’t know about this one. I find it difficult to ever OPENLY ADMIT TO MYSELF that I might actually LIKE/DISLIKE something/someone. I always always always always try to find SOMETHING to appreciate about a person/thing. Even something like fleas! My sister and I had a convo about fleas. And she was like, they need to be exterminated just like the terrorists. They spread desease and are parasitic. I was like, NOOOOOO, that is natures way of showing us that we are unbalanced! lol, Don’t hate the flea! Understand the flea. Fleas come out in droves and suck on an animal...when it’s SICK. It attacks the not so healthy animal in the pact. That might be total bullshit, but I find it a challenge to proclaim my dislike of something. Even the most horrific things out there, someone must SHOW me with THEIR reasonings that I need to dislike something. I am rather of an optimist and maybe a bit naive to such things.

objects' data structure and the what/how/where of behaviors and events[/b]
    This reminds me of my highschool journalism class. It gave me the “5 W’s” of journalism and I was VERY grateful because I seriously had NO CLUE as to how I was going to gather data and what information I was supposed to be focused on attaining. It gave me a formula to follow and that was a big sigh of relief. If it was up to me, every story would have turned into an editorial, yet I was assigned to feature writing.

I need direction with this one. Even when lesson planning at work. It is very difficult for me to priorities and figure out what I should be gathering and how to gather it and where the hell it’s located. I SPEND WAY TOO MUCH TIME trying to go from A to B because I can’t even really recognize what A and B are. A lot of the time, I look back and see that 2 hours have passed and I’ve not really progressed much in what I’m doing. Ugh, I used to not mind spending the extra time because I somehow rather enjoyed being alone in rooms with an undefined goal. I felt creatively/productive. BUT godamn, I know I can get that shit done faster now. So the whole experience is not so mystical anymore. lol
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp