Thread: Question for Obama Supporters

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for Obama Supporters

I am curious what it is specifically that you like about him? Characteristics or particular policies, whatever really. I am also curious what you don't like about him or his policies and if he has met your expectations. Are there any particular things he "promised" that he didn't follow through on that bother you. I

am just curious really. This last election I was kind of split on who to vote for when it came down to the end. I decided to write in Ron Paul because I didn't like either other candidate enough, but I think if I had to choose it might have been Obama. I've just been really disappointed in him not ending the wars/fighting and for not taking a harder stance on protecting individual freedoms.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I support him because of sane politics with regards to health, abortion, foreign relations, environment, marriage equality, and a few others.

I am disappointed that Guantanamo Bay is still up and running, that he has not tackled immigration the way I would have liked him to (and that he deports people like mad), and that he doesn't tell greedy and delusional Republicans to take Alaska and do their own damn thing (I hate the cold, so I wouldn't miss Alaska).

I also find him very attractive and adore his dog.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I support him because of sane politics with regards to health, abortion, foreign relations, environment, marriage equality, and a few others.

I am disappointed that Guantanamo Bay is still up and running, that he has not tackled immigration the way I would have liked him to (and that he deports people like mad), and that he doesn't tell greedy and delusional Republicans to take Alaska and do their own damn thing (I hate the cold, so I wouldn't miss Alaska).

I also find him very attractive and adore his dog.
    You can't even talk about what you like about him and his policies without insulting other people with your own moralizing. Your opinion relies on vilifying those whom disagree with you.

Why should anyone, Republican or Democrat or otherwise, lend any credence to such views?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why should anyone, Republican or Democrat or otherwise, lend any credence to such views?
    I am not trying to convince anyone. I just answered the question.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin