Thread: ILI or IEI

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI or IEI

So I finally managed to narrow down my type to two options..after many many many days and weeks and months of going over the problem repeatedly, coming up with an answer then doubting its validity...reasessing it..like a broken fracking record lol.

questions am I ILI or IEI. | tend towards being hyperanalitical...doubting and constantly reevaluate the same thing...as if it were some kind of compulsion or something digging deeper and deeper every time...however I neglect details and sometimes I'm too lazy to and impatient to go over all the detail involved....

Is there any certain way to decide between the two?

Big5 rxUa|I| 6w7- 4 - 1 So/Sx
    = Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =
    Alignment: Neutral Good-ish / Snarky-Needy Bastard

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you aware that you do not understand how to properly use an ellipsis?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Are you aware that you do not understand how to properly use an ellipsis?
    No, also I'm not english and grammar is annoyingly detailed so I don't really care either way to learn it. ^^ but plz do explain anyway.

= Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

(Or something.)
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

(Or something.)
    ^^ how did you pull that out of your ass I wonder. (don't answer...I don't want to touch it anyway)

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the first reason I "pulled it out of [my] ass" is because you suggested it.

Shall I continue?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the first reason I "pulled it out of [my] ass" is because you suggested it.

Shall I continue?
    <.< I asked for a way to make the difference, not for someone to decide on my type. I doubt my own asessment and won't hesitate questioning someone else's who doesen't give reasons and an explanation for the assertions he/she makes.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you aware that you have posted this thread on the "What's My Type" sub-forum?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

so now you're an IEI because ellipsis lol

On a more serious note, I'd say one of the IJ types is more likely for you than an IP. The kind of obsessive-compulsive focused analyzing, as you've described of yourself, is characteristic of IJs. The Ji (Fi/Ti) in irrational types like IEI and ILI is mostly incidental - they analyze but only to a certain point and will settle for a conclusion that works per some situation. In your case it sounds like you're looking for a more global kind of resolution (dominant Ji) rather than a situational one.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you aware that you have posted this thread on the "What's My Type" sub-forum?
    Yeah, so? Stating a type without backing it up with some facts, resoning, explanations is unacceptable. So lets pretend I'm 4 years old and have asked the big question: "Why IEI ?"

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post

On a more serious note, I'd say one of the IJ types is more likely for you than an IP. The kind of obsessive-compulsive focused analyzing, as you've described of yourself, is characteristic of IJs. The Ji (Fi/Ti) in irrational types like IEI and ILI is mostly incidental - they analyze but only to a certain point and will settle for a conclusion that works per some situation. In your case it sounds like you're looking for a more global kind of resolution (dominant Ji) rather than a situational one.
    Ofc it has to make sense golbally within a dynamic system in my head. It has to work togetehr with the other parts of my personality, to flow like a river of interconnections. The way I see it is that everything is interdependent and the parts combined make up the system which sould work and make sense real time. I need to be able to see how the process functions in my minds eye. For this reason I require to see a pattern that connects everything. Hmm I have setteled for a few types already, but I still go back to doubting...because it doesen't work seemlessly. I probably should read everything about socionics and such but I'm too lazy to do it ^^; I just want to get this over with already. Can't be IJ dom because I have a clear irational preference and I'm not extroverted either in a socionic or in a social way. I'm also a negativist...so leaning towards ILI imo.

I'd agree that I'm more Ni>Fi>Te.....and I generally suck at Fe, other then my ability to read other people by body language as if they were open books. I can't really feel what they feel and am inhibited in expressing emotion and such beta stuff.

Nedless to say I can go over pros and cons for days and weeks without deciding on something and even if I do....new incomming information could trigger another relapse where I start doubting...lol.
    Last edited by Rim; 01-09-2013 at 08:27 AM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    <.< I asked for a way to make the difference, not for someone to decide on my type. I doubt my own asessment and won't hesitate questioning someone else's who doesen't give reasons and an explanation for the assertions he/she makes.
    Yeah, so? Stating a type without backing it up with some facts, resoning, explanations is unacceptable. So lets pretend I'm 4 years old and have asked the big question: "Why IEI ?"

awesome as hell, and yeah, out of the IJs I wanna go LII. That strong of a focus on making sure the rationale itself is sound within its own parameters over getting a solid-enough typing, being done with it, and then fine-tuning things as more understanding is accumulated strikes me as Ti valuing > Te valuing and Ne valuing > Ni valuing. The sig, with all of those systems and categorization and even the cartoon wolf; good lord, remember Aleksei, who I got nailed down @ Ti-ILE? Yeah, something's hitting me really similarly here...

Most sure of Merry > Serious. Really want to go Judicious > Decisive. Definitely not Gamma quad. Ti-LII?
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahahaha. I obviously didn't "type" the kid based on his rampant ellipsis misuse. I didn't type him. I simply dismissed the idea that he is ILI.

Dear Forum ILIs,
    Can you imagine saying something like "grammar is annoyingly detailed so I don't really care either way to learn it"?

I didn't think so.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    awesome as hell, and yeah, out of the IJs I wanna go LII. That strong of a focus on making sure the rationale itself is sound within its own parameters over getting a solid-enough typing, being done with it, and then fine-tuning things as more understanding is accumulated strikes me as Ti valuing > Te valuing and Ne valuing > Ni valuing. The sig, with all of those systems and categorization and even the cartoon wolf; good lord, remember Aleksei, who I got nailed down @ Ti-ILE? Yeah, something's hitting me really similarly here...

Most sure of Merry > Serious. Really want to go Judicious > Decisive. Definitely not Gamma quad. Ti-LII?
    I agree, however I'm Irrational > Rational

Rational types are: ESE, LII, EIE, LSI, LIE, ESI, LSE, and EII.

Irrational types are: ILE, SEI, SLE, IEI, SEE, ILI, IEE, and SLI.

I relate to the lolded:

Rationals

(Also called shizotymes in early socionics literature)

Tend to plan ahead, make decisions early.
    Are more often rigid and stubborn.
    Do not like to change their decisions.
    Tend to finish what they started.
    Usually have stiff movements.
    Usually more 'authoritarian' leadership style.
    Low stress tolerance.

Irrationals

(Also called cyclotymes in early socionics literature)

Tend to wait and see, more spontaneous.
    Are more often flexible and tolerant. <=== O.o I'm not very tolerant, thou higily flexible yeah.
    Change their decisions frequently. <===yeah...I mean how does one stop considering new information anyway?
    Tend to start new things without finishing them. <=== my eternal curse.
    Usually have gentle movements. <=== how the fuck should I know!?
    Usually more 'democratic' leadership style.
    High stress tolerance.

Also yeah I'm deffinately Judicious which flies in the face of ILI. I don't value Ne according to the function descriptions on wikisocion. I can generate options a lot in fact :/ but I don't follow through on opportunities and mostly generate negative options. (aka worst case scenario thinking...thou despite this I'm always the one saying "This could get really ugly, but I can handle it no problem.")

Ahahaha. I obviously didn't "type" the kid based on his rampant ellipsis misuse. I didn't type him. I simply dismissed the idea that he is ILI.

Dear Forum ILIs,
    Can you imagine saying something like "grammar is annoyingly detailed so I don't really care either way to learn it"?

I didn't think so.

I'm 27 and your attitude is higly annoying ^^. You are aware of this right?

o.o I really don't care about details like grammar, but I still manage to speak 4 languages fluently with English being my 4-th.
    Last edited by Rim; 01-09-2013 at 09:42 AM.

soo if Te = not half assing things and Ti = precision

then which one is more linked to grammar Nazism?

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, however I'm Irrational > Rational

Rational types are: ESE, LII, EIE, LSI, LIE, ESI, LSE, and EII.

Irrational types are: ILE, SEI, SLE, IEI, SEE, ILI, IEE, and SLI.

I relate to the lolded:

Rationals

(Also called shizotymes in early socionics literature)

Tend to plan ahead, make decisions early.
    Are more often rigid and stubborn.
    Do not like to change their decisions.
    Tend to finish what they started.
    Usually have stiff movements.
    Usually more 'authoritarian' leadership style.
    Low stress tolerance.

Irrationals

(Also called cyclotymes in early socionics literature)

Tend to wait and see, more spontaneous.
    Are more often flexible and tolerant.
    Change their decisions frequently.
    Tend to start new things without finishing them. <=== my eternal curse.
    Usually have gentle movements.
    Usually more 'democratic' leadership style.
    High stress tolerance.

Also yeah I'm deffinately Judicious which flies in the face of ILI.

I'm 27 and your attitude is higly annoying ^^. You are aware of this right?
    You're highly annoying.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're the guy(?) who fiercely defended his ESIness before, Rim?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You're the guy(?) who fiercely defended his ESIness before, Rim?
    yes indeed that is muah. o.o I changed my mind.

You're highly annoying.
    ^^ any time baby! ..any time. ^^ don't start shit with me, you'll regret it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, the non-usage/usage(?) of ellipsis which I don't even know what it is, betrayed you. Don't go to uni where professor tells you just have skills. Anyway, I don't know you much, but were there other types besides, ESI, ILI and IEI you considered?

I would lean some Ti type, but I'm not sure, so post more?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have considered EII, IEE, SEI, SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Well, the non-usage/usage(?) of ellipsis which I don't even know what it is, betrayed you. Don't go to uni where professor tells you just have skills. Anyway, I don't know you much, but were there other types besides, ESI, ILI and IEI you considered?

I would lean some Ti type, but I'm not sure, so post more?
    The diffrence between me and a Ti dom is that they are certain that what they think is correct, while I doubt myself as much as I doubt others, which is why I am here asking people for input. I can't decide on my own i don't trust the correctness of what I think and feel uneasy about deciding.

Ti as a base (1st) function (LII and LSI)

The individual views reality through the lens of logic, immediately recognizing the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in his system of views and behavior. He freely makes logical assertions, often exaggerated, about new information and experience. He holds highest those rules to which exceptions do not exist, and is a habitual critic of people or things that don't follow a set of rules, whether they are those accepted by the community, or his own, or even the other person's. Although he is able to adopt others' rules, his own are always the last word, and these are subject to continual refinement.

Often seen as "demanding", due to high standards.
    vs.

as a mobilizing (6th) function

The individual seeks clarity in his system of beliefs and understanding and enjoys entertaining new concepts and being included in philosophical discussions where new concepts and systems of thought are introduced. He is uncertain of the logical clarity backing his actions, and thus seeks external assistance in attaining a degree of reasonable competence in this realm. Structure is sought as more of a means to an end, a background guide to facilitate the growth of the individual's main goal.
    ^^; I require confirmation and reassurance, seek certanty as i'm internally uncertain regarding such things :/ which kind falls in line with IEI...oddly enough:

6. Introverted logic

IEIs seek help understanding and perceiving objective measurements and correlations between data within a system, but past a certain point such judgment is seen as overkill. IEIs do not tend to store such information themselves, but they appreciate this trait in others. They may doubt their objectivity in such areas of understanding, and desire a partner who is strong and responsive in this function to ensure certainty.

They have a secret desire to truly understand things, but will fall short without an outer reference to keep them on the same page. Without a partner who can provide motivation and logical structural reference, they may slide off the edge of the map, lost in their dreams and out of touch with reality.

IEIs are aware of their own disorganization with logical constructs and can sometimes feel as though they do not know what to do about it. Sometimes a simple routine way of categorizing ideas and their logical correlations can do wonders for IEIs, as long as they still feel independent and free to explore the subject matter creatively.
    <.< thou yeah if I'm IEI, then I'm kinda non feely as I tend to be more logical and identify with:
    as a vulnerable (4th) function (ILI and SLI)

The individual tries hard to never let himself "come apart at the seams" emotionally or even let out strong feelings publicly, because displays of passion do not come naturally and make him feel self-consciousness and vulnerable to painful criticism. This makes the individual generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around him. The individual deeply dislikes attempts by others to get him to "cheer up" or "join the fun", especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression.
    Oki, done for today. Don't feel like pushing this further right now.
    Last edited by Rim; 01-09-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:shifty: So I finally managed to narrow down my type to two options..after many many many days and weeks and months of going over the problem repeatedly, coming up with an answer then doubting its validity...reasessing it..like a broken fracking record lol.

:confused: questions am I ILI or IEI. | tend towards being hyperanalitical...doubting and constantly reevaluate the same thing...as if it were some kind of compulsion or something digging deeper and deeper every time...however I neglect details and sometimes I'm too lazy to and impatient to go over all the detail involved....

:confused2: Is there any certain way to decide between the two?
    If introspection fails repeatedly then one can utilize the intertype sub-theory of relational configuration, doing so to determine one's psychological proximity to — and parity with — other persons of intelligible/confident types. Data can be gathered by anonymous poll and easily mapped to a grid. Chop chop.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    If introspection fails repeatedly then one can utilize the intertype sub-theory of relational configuration, doing so to determine one's psychological proximity to — and parity with — other persons of intelligible/confident types. Data can be gathered by anonymous poll and easily mapped to a grid. Chop chop.
    For a second there, I thought you were serious.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decision Tree...

ILI/IEI - Ellipsis? - Y - ILI
    - N - IEI

Hmmm, something isn't right here.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esq View Post
    Hey Rim, can you explain here why you are an introvert?
    Hmm well good question there. I'm more of an ambivert I guess or I just don't like dealing with typical extroverted stuff like being the center of attention, dealing with multiple people at once. I don't really have a good answer for this tbh other then I'm not really social, can't deal with groups of people for too long (it irritates me).

This kind of leads to the next one. I noted in the dichotomies that I'm a negativist :/. I think that one is kind of obvious from my posts of why something can't be this or that and considering my cynicism in real life, type 6 in the enneagram etc.

Negativists are: SEI, LII, EIE, SLE, ILI, ESI, LSE and IEE.

<.< I don't have creative Fe imo, for the life of me I can't do any of that shit...so SEI, EIE kinda fall away, SLE I'm not, LII LOL that s outof the question. I don't have creative or dominant Se...so ESI is gone, LSE I'm not lol.

Stuff that stays are ILI and IEE. Of the two IEE fits more with the rest of the dichotomies almost perfectly. Why do I think I'm introverted anyway?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:/ I checked and rechecked with all dichotomies...the function order and reread the descriptions...Its 100% IEE....I don't get it...how am I an extrovert? I....don't get it. By all standards as to how one classifies an introvert even in Susan Cain's book...I'm introverted. Prefer one to one over group, can't talk in group, spend enormous ammounts of free time researching and doing my little projects alone, not shy, overcame social anxiety too...wtf O_o...I communicate so much better in writing too.

The one indiactor I'd have for this is that if I have people around my energy level will be much higher compare to how I wind down and get depressive/grouchy over the weekend where I barely have contact with others. Well that and loving rock concerts \nn/, I could go 48 hours rockin out lol.

:/...I certainly have that IEE smile on my face...ppl keep commenting about it (fucking annoying if you ask me).
    Last edited by Rim; 01-14-2013 at 07:40 AM.

TIM
    EII-Ne 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously Rim, you're here too doing it again? <.< But as was pointed out before, socionics does not view introversion according to the generally accepted standard of introversion that Susan Cain describes in her book. Prefering a small group of people you are close to over a big one is typical of delta quadra value for example, and this is because of how Fi operates being a bit more picky with the people you in general hang out with than Fe types are.

Study the functions, not behavior, and see the functions as how they are described in a bubble removed from how you are used to seeing certain terminology slapped around in other contexts. It's like saying the term avarice means the same the same in enneagram as it does when you talk about it generally but we all know this is not true. Same applies to introversion and extroversion. Introversion and extroversion have only to do with the direction of the function you prefer - if the metabolism is directed externally or internally. It doesn't mean that you must be a social extrovert per se just because your dominant ego function is extroverted for example.

"You fucking disappoint me."

5w4 4w5 8w7 sp/sx INxP/EII

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rim

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    But as was pointed out before, socionics does not view introversion according to the generally accepted standard of introversion that Susan Cain describes in her book.
    ^That. I told you that last time, and you told me, "I know". Apparently not.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Seriously Rim, you're here too doing it again? <.< But as was pointed out before, socionics does not view introversion according to the generally accepted standard of introversion that Susan Cain describes in her book. Prefering a small group of people you are close to over a big one is typical of delta quadra value for example, and this is because of how Fi operates being a bit more picky with the people you in general hang out with than Fe types are.

Study the functions, not behavior, and see the functions as how they are described in a bubble removed from how you are used to seeing certain terminology slapped around in other contexts. It's like saying the term avarice means the same the same in enneagram as it does when you talk about it generally but we all know this is not true. Same applies to introversion and extroversion. Introversion and extroversion have only to do with the direction of the function you prefer - if the metabolism is directed externally or internally. It doesn't mean that you must be a social extrovert per se just because your dominant ego function is extroverted for example.
    o.o well yeah, my problem is that I'm very complex and layered, I could write a book about it . The only consistent thing about me is my inconsistency. Many things point towards IEE-Fi subtype as being THE type. I do get energized around ppl if the atmosphere is positive, I get more energy from interaction and especially if its interaction of the non social type where the odds are against me (possible counterphobic stuff). I don't really keep track of ppl and tend to forget them because I get engaged in these projects, where I read and do things on my own for very long periods of time. Most ppl don't understand how I can act like nothiing has happened when I vanish for 2 weeks and forget to respond. I can forget muself up all night reading wikipedia for example or redit or something else (especially if I suffer a hypocondriac moment and think I have cancer...in which case I read up on the problem ). I'm also random, externally and internally chaotic and unstructured, can pick up where I lft off in many different things, relationships with long breaks of activity inbetween.

Dom functions I seem to passively or actively prefer would be Ni, Ne, Fi and Fe. Agan IEE makes the most sense, delta quadra makes the most sense, the dichotomies for IEE fit almost perfectly too. From every perspective it seems IEE. Even the description fits, thou I'm not very engaging socially.

I wonder if this makes me ENFP in MBTI too :/...certainly am jack of all trades and languages who starts stuff but never finishes most of it.

TIM
    EII-Ne 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, go find yourself some SLI girl who can strap you to the chair and make you stop be so damn erratic, then

TIM
    EII-Ne 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rim, I forgot to answer your question about being MBTI ENFP: Well, I'm MBTI INTP and INFj in socionics so no, the system is not always fully translateable.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Socionics you're a merry type until proven otherwise.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI out