TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gary Allen

http://www.maine2dcrun.com/photo-gallery/

I've got a few guesses. I'd say SXE. But, that's a very cursory guess. Maybe an introvert, instead, since those types are often into independent and non-social forms of exercise, like long-distance running....
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gary Allan

Gary Allan: LSI?

“ . . . I've got bones to pick with you / I should have known you can't be true / Me and the Devil/We want what's due / And you should know that when you get home/That I got bones to pick with you . . . You can tell your friend I know the news / Yeah I'll deal with him when I'm done with you . . . Yeah, maybe you best just leave this town / Yeah probably before the sun goes down / ‘Cause the Devil already knows my name / And you can ask him yourself when I see you again . . .”

“I stood there in the middle of the church of the broken people / Listened to the walking wounded tell their stories / My turn came I told 'em my name / I said this ain't my first time / Then a man started talking how the devil and the bottle was ruining my life / With last night on my breath I stood up and said, ‘It ain't the whiskey / It ain't the cigarettes / It ain't the stuff I smoke / It's all these things I can't forget / And it ain't the hard times / It ain't the all nights / It ain't that easy / It ain't the whiskey that's killin' me.’ / So what do you got for this empty spot inside of me? / The deep dark hole where love used to be / Before she ripped it out and ran into the arms of someone else / Y'all sit in this room and you talk like you got some kind of remedy / Well I hear what you're telling me / But I've got all the proof I need / It ain't the whiskey / It ain't the cigarettes / It ain't the stuff I smoke / It's all these things I can't [recall] . . . I've done everything to drown this hurt inside / But I can't wash you off of my mind . . .”

CJ Rockgimp: ‘In 2003, Allan and his wife, Angela Herzberg, moved to Tennessee from California. On October 25, 2004, Angela Herzberg committed suicide after suffering from depression and migraines. Allan initially put his career on hold, but soon turned to music to deal with the loss of his wife. This resulted in 2005's "heart-wrenchingly personal album," Tough All Over. He included several songs which he wrote or cowrote, including "Puttin' Memories Away" and "I Just Got Back from Hell," which dealt directly with his grief.’

“I just got back from Hell and I'm standing here alive / I know it's really hard to tell / Don't know how I survived / But I can't say that I'm doin' great / But I think I'm doin' well / That Devil's gonna have to wait / 'Cause I just got back from Hell / Well, I just got back from Hell / And I guess to tell the truth / Well, I've been mad at everyone, including God and you / When you can't find no one to blame, you just blame yourself / And I know I'll never be the same / I just got back from Hell / Forgive me if I had any part / If I ever broke your heart in two / Forgive me for what I didn’t know / For what I didn’t say or do / And, God, forgive me as well / 'Cause I just got back from Hell / Well, I just got back from Hell / And I need to make some plans / It's the last thing that I wanna do / But I'll do the best I can / I'm gonna learn to live again / But I think I'll sit a spell / Tell the world that I'm alive and I just got back from Hell / I can't say that I'm doin' great / But I think I'm gettin' well / Gonna let the world know I'm alive / And I just got back from Hell . . .”

“ . . . The loneliness within me takes a heavy toll / 'Cause it burns as slow as whiskey through an empty aching soul . . . I know I must be going / 'Cause love’s already gone / And all I'm taking with me are the pieces of my heart / And all I'll leave are smoke rings in the dark / The rain falls where it wants to / Wind blows where it will / Everything on earth goes somewhere / But I swear we're standin' still / So I'm not gonna wake you / I'll go easy on your heart / I'll just touch your face and drift away / Like smoke rings in the dark . . .”