View Poll Results: And the keyconcepts are..

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aliens

4 22.22%
  • Hyperinflation

9 50.00%
  • Return of Christ

4 22.22%
  • Zombies

3 16.67%
  • China

6 33.33%
  • North Korea

4 22.22%
  • Russia

3 16.67%
  • Federal Reserve

5 27.78%
  • Terrorism

5 27.78%
  • Police State

8 44.44%
  • Nuclear Fallout

5 27.78%
  • Bilderberg

2 11.11%
  • Newbornstar

4 22.22%
  • A huge rock from space

3 16.67%
  • A huge energy wave from space

2 11.11%
  • Reptilians

2 11.11%
  • Climate change

7 38.89%
  • Technological [something]

10 55.56%
  • United States

9 50.00%
  • Muslims

4 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The World As We Know It is coming to an end

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The World As We Know It is coming to an end.

Fight.
    Discuss.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we know the world?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    socionics!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Perceiving an illusion brings knowledge, or information to be exact. If it turned out that we'd be living in a matrix, world as we know it would change once we have gone through the looking glass.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How much time do we have left?

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought...anything is possible. (pretty much)

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellowstone Kaldera + NewbornStar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm entirely fed up with the middle-class reaction of doomsday theories- that individualistic mentality, combined with their constant fear of falling into ruin, they must concoct all sorts of estrangements to taint the minds of men and women- only to instill us with their insecurities, spinelessness, and humiliation.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China ushers in the Thorium era:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...m-thorium.html

although that's more likely to just keep the status-quo going for another few decades.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Return of Vishnu... and the constellation draconis will still fall to earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Villain View Post
    I'm entirely fed up with the middle-class reaction of doomsday theories- that individualistic mentality, combined with their constant fear of falling into ruin, they must concoct all sorts of estrangements to taint the minds of men and women- only to instill us with their insecurities, spinelessness, and humiliation.
    Says Karl Marx.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hitta, crazed rat, korpsey - horoscope trinity. Only when they combine their powers world will come to an end...

Thus spake Absurd.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Hitta, crazed rat, korpsey - horoscope trinity. Only when they combine their powers world will come to an end...
    But we haven't solved socionics yet

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Too late, did it long time ago.

TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsowner View Post
    Return of Vishnu... and the constellation draconis will still fall to earth.

Says Karl Marx.
    Oh, I'm sorry, did I strike a nerve?
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    How much time do we have left?
    lol... what the hell?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I'm sorry, did I strike a nerve?
    This idea is a self-confirming bias, just like your first statement. When you view things via marxism, then it seems like everything reconfirms it. So then there is no reason to examine other claims, such as climate change, aliens, etc.. All are simply marxist middle class reactions.
    Last edited by rat1; 01-11-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't want to be a kill you, but every one can use argumentation like that, for instance one views things through aliens, horoscopes, socionics, etc. Wouldn't that mean as well, that other claims are not taken into account by said person, such as, say, crime, economy, waffles? It's somewhat narrow minded.

Besides, OP aims for some kind of prediction, which is funny, for it sounds as OP knows how it is going to "end."

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't want to be a kill you, but every one can use argumentation like that, for instance one views things through aliens, horoscopes, socionics, etc. Wouldn't that mean as well, that other claims are not taken into account by said person, such as, say, crime, economy, waffles? It's somewhat narrow minded.

Besides, OP aims for some kind of prediction, which is funny, for it sounds as OP knows how it is going to "end."
    It isn't difficult to entertain the idea of horoscopes, aliens, socionics, and multiple paradigms of economics, waffles, crime, etc... altogether.
    It is necessary to balance multiple viewpoints. Compulsively reducing discussions to some other paradigm shows a blind, ignorant bias.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Fight.
    Discuss.
    Except for everything, nothing is; all becomes but one.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is necessary to balance multiple viewpoints. All of them are interconnected.
    Cool, although I would like to know how is a huge rock from space connected with zombies and climate change with Federal Reserve...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, although I would like to know how is a huge rock from space connected with zombies and climate change with Federal Reserve...
    I would explain it but you wouldn't survive the shock to your polr.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    I would explain it but you wouldn't survive the shock to your polr.
    Your intelligence always surprises me.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

the world isn't coming to an end anytime soon. humans are so arrogant, lol. the only thing that can come to an end is our existence as a species (and we aren't going anywhere anytime soon either).

in any case, the planet will roll on just fine, just like always.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except for everything, nothing is; all becomes, but one.
    If I had to choose which religious apocalypse is the most sensible, I'd go with Hinduism.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    the world isn't coming to an end anytime soon
    And that's why I added "As We Know It".

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

ok i just thought it was homage to the REM song or something

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asteroid threats / zombies are media propaganda campaigns created by governments, the federal reserve manipulates the global government, climate change is the result of waste produced by the over expansion of society which is synonymous with government expansion.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to choose which religious apocalypse is the most sensible, I'd go with Hinduism.
    Why?

TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This idea is a self-confirming bias, just like your first statement. When you view things via marxism, then it seems like everything reconfirms it. So then there is no reason to examine other claims, such as climate change, aliens, etc.. All are simply marxist middle class reactions.
    Considering that Marxism is a scientific worldview, and derives all of it's conclusions based on the empirically observable, there really is no reason for me to consider what the stars, or the Sunday paper horoscope, are claiming. I could just as well rebuke you for being dogmatic for being open-minded! What's especially ridiculous is that you clearly don't even know what the word "Marxism" means, never-mind the theory or historical experience behind it. Really, I think this has more to do with you hating me personally than with Marxism.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering that Marxism is a scientific worldview, and derives all of it's conclusions based on the empirically observable, there really is no reason for me to consider what the stars, or the Sunday paper horoscope, are claiming. I could just as well rebuke you for being dogmatic for being open-minded! What's especially ridiculous is that you clearly don't even know what the word "Marxism" means, never-mind the theory or historical experience behind it. Really, I think this has more to do with you hating me personally than with Marxism.
    You cannot convict a person of dogma if you do not understand the subject being discussed. That would be arguing a case without evidence.
    You have accepted dogmatic thinking throughout your life convincing you astrology is a load of shit. All astrological observations are empirically observable and testable. Try disputing that, it will be amusing. Be sure to use evidence.

Marxism is a philosophy which is supported by scientific evidence. This is true but has no relevance to this discussion.

You do not understand science. The philosophy of Marxism and its supporting evidence are two separate things. Emperical observations can be explained in a number of ways. If I ask you why someone develops rheumatoid arthritis, you could tell me genetic predisposition, sleep deprivation over an extended period, parasympathetic nervous exhaustion, nutrition problems, exposure to toxins in the environment, digestive disturbance... The list goes on. For all these explanations the phenomenon observed is the same, and there is evidence to support them. So what we have are different explanatory styles falling under different philosophical paradigms. Which explanatory style is preferred? That is a personal choice and it's also situational.

The reason I quoted you is you compulsively reduce discussions to a marxist philosophy and imply this somehow disregards what's being discussed, when it doesn't at all. All it really shows is your meaningless personal bias not related. And this empowers you to ignore things. If you tried incorporating your opinion in with the others, I wouldn't have a problem. Ignorance combined with arrogance annoys me. That's why I feel the need to point it out to you. It's personal insofar as you are habitually an idiot.
    Last edited by rat1; 01-11-2013 at 10:41 PM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?
    Good question. Many principles of the Veda seem to reflect the real world better than the principles of many other religions. Simply put: If religions are just one sort of fairytales that aim to be explanations about the nature of reality, then Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism (as depicted by Laozi) seem to be much more sustainable and persistent philosophies.

Strict codes of conduct that often appear in Abrahamic religions seem to be less sustainable. "Thou shalt not kill" and "turn the other cheek" never felt like they'd be practical instructions for, say, a foreign minister.

Maybe it's part of some sort of novelty inspired Asian xenofilia but feel free to drag me down from my castles made of cloud.

Creepy-male

The concept of creative destruction is a common theme in many religions as well as cycles. They are also major elements to literature and mythology. I don't know which one I prefer.

I understand what Red Villain is saying about the middle class doomsday stuff, sometimes politically there is a lot of paranoia out there and it creates more problems than being constructive. Which elements in particular I can't recall immediately off the top of my head.

As for the main topic I doubt the world will come to an end but undergo certain convergences and divergences that are patterns of human history and current events. It's hard to say for sure though what will happen.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christ's return as a North Korean zombie terrorist. <3
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    LIE-Ni (Ne)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an American I tried to be as racist as possible and simply believe the muslims are our demise.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

"When I was a little younger, I used to be obsessed with doomsday theories. Not supernatural or mystic stuff, mind you, but legitimate "the system is too big and convoluted something has to break someday blahblahblah" and similar things. It was a belief that grew out of an incredibly poignant feeling of a coming storm, that the world as we know it really was about to end.

A little later, my line of thinking almost did a 180. I wasn't and am not really a believer in some aware universal conscious or any of that kind of mystical stuff, but I did and still do see that there is a specific way in which society and mankind is advancing.

Sometime later, I got around to synthesizing these ideas and realized that these two extremes are nothing more than evolution itself. Always birthing new life and yet always dying, for to create one must destroy and to destroy one must create. Actually, I would say that anyone who views the world in one of these two ways is much like one the two people in your picture, for the flux, both positive and negative, or push and pull, or life and death, are both existent in the same instance, but only one is seen. Like time itself, society and humanity and consciousness can only move forward, simultaneously both being destroyed and being made anew."

Copied from Facebook, you're not getting the image because I don't feel like it.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    As an American I tried to be as racist as possible and simply believe the muslims are our demise.
    A true American wouldn't have to try, ya big camel jockey

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

‘Men who doubt and are ever uncertain of future events—let them cry out for prophets: I draw my assurance from no oracle but from the sureness of death. The timid and the brave must fall alike; the god has said this, and it is enough.’ -Lucan, De Bello Civili, Book IX
    ἀταραξία

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast