Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What IS my type?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default What IS my type?

Brunettes, obviously.

But I'm not quite sure what my socionics type is.

Here are some pictures:

My neutral mood/computer face
    Normal face, but in a decent mood
    Smug mode
    In dire need of a tan
    On the town, under the bright lights
    Drunk
    Pointman
    Uncharacteristic big grin
    Contemplating how much better everyone looks in black and white

Here are some songs I'm really into at the moment:

Venetian Snares - The Hopeless Pursuit of Remission
    Hour of Penance - The Woeful Eucharisty
    Guthrie Govan - Hangover
    Cocteau Twins - Cherry-Coloured Funk
    Deltron 3030 - 3030

Some traits for your scrutiny:

• I am mercurial in the sense that I can get quite irritated and angry about things but tend to get over them quickly.
    • I rant a bit like Becker, despite never really watching the show in my life. He seems more conservative, however.
    • I am almost always in a hurry, even if I'm not. If a slow walking person is walking in front of me, I'll want to walk faster and overtake them.
    • Clearing my mind for things like meditation is an extreme exercise in patience and mental discipline because my brain is basically filled to the brim with thoughts and white noise.
    • I'm almost always reading something, but usually not books, unless I'm in a novel reading phase, or I don't have a busy job. Forums, articles, googling things and so on.
    • I hate when a job doesn't keep me busy enough.
    • I am an unskilled office politician.
    • I am generally polite to people whenever possible, but I can be callous or dismissive when I'm particularly preoccupied with something.
    • When I'm really busy or focused on something, I want as little disturbance as possible. When that isn't the case, I'm happy to have a chat with you.
    • At home, I really don't like talking to anyone, but I feel that may be a matter of circumstance. I really don't like when guests that aren't my own come over. It's my sanctuary.
    • People that talk slowly can drive me insane.
    • I'm a people watcher.
    • I consider myself a reserved extrovert. A day of privacy here or there is great, but I'm usually still talking to people on Facebook. When I work an office job, I'd rather have lunch with someone than nobody.
    • I'm more action-introspect-action than introspect-action-introspect.
    • I have an almost voyeur-like attraction to the shows Jersey Shore and Geordie Shore based almost solely on the fact that I will basically never live my life like that.
    • I hate when people resist my suggestions, especially when I've taken into account an understanding of their likes, dislikes and nuances of their character, and they refuse for the sake of it.
    • My mind is never in the present unless I'm a dark room or somewhere that it's possible that I'm going to stub a toe, or possibly get mugged or what have you. Always planning ahead.
    • After knowing one or two songs you like, I can recommend you something I'm quite sure you will like.
    • A very large portion of my friends score as Myers Briggs perceivers. Some of them drive me mad with their flakiness, but I like them because I don't have to ask them a week in advance if they'd like to hang out.
    • My sense of humour is more sarcastic and biting than goofy and random, however, I do love when people do something ridiculous in an otherwise completely normal situation.
    • I'm studying law, and when I tell people that, they nod knowingly, which should offend me to a small extent, but doesn't.
    • I don't have huge qualms about who I talk to. A few jobs ago, I was on good terms with cleaners, some homeless people, almost every person in my building, including old lecherous office women and so on. As long as I didn't perceive them as assholes or dangerous.
    • I really place no stock in someone's societal rank and in any situation where I can (so essentially not talking to a police officer or a judge), I will talk to people and treat them like they're my drinking buddies.
    • Some really obvious ESTPs put me instantly into a bad mood as soon as I see them. No other type seems to do this.

If any more information is needed, feel free to probe me using a series of tricks and intrusive questions. I'll answer whatever I can.
    Last edited by Narc; 01-07-2013 at 03:37 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTp ehh

maybe ISFp
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-07-2013 at 03:24 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't have a strong memory for names and faces, but particularly names. My general feedback in life and particularly report cards (which I was issued before I began to form a bias of my character traits with MBTI) point towards me not being a detail-oriented person. I don't think a high presence of Si is likely.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narcotic View Post
    I don't have a strong memory for names and faces, but particularly names. My general feedback in life and particularly report cards (which I was issued before I began to form a bias of my character traits with MBTI) point towards me not being a detail-oriented person. I don't think a high presence of Si is likely.
    why?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Based on my understanding, a highly preferred Si would entail a greater level of entrenchment in physical reality, with less time spent daydreaming and in one's head. I find that the opposite is true. It would also imply a higher ability to remember and sift through detailed data. Si users in Jung and MBTI also tend to be unquestioning and to an extent, bureaucratic, when I am anything but.

Plus all of that stuff that you didn't bold.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Based on my understanding, a highly preferred Si would entail a greater level of entrenchment in physical reality, with less time spent daydreaming and in one's head. I find that the opposite is true. It would also imply a higher ability to remember and sift through detailed data. Si users in Jung and MBTI also tend to be unquestioning and to an extent, bureaucratic, when I am anything but.

Plus all of that stuff that you didn't bold.
    I think you have the wrong understanding of Si

-

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    I think you have the wrong understanding of Si

This definition seems to vary somewhat from what I've read in the past. There seems to be a greater focus on the body and the definition itself is more broad and basic and doesn't seem to carry any connotations of thinking inside the box rather than outside.

There may be some merit to your classification of a Si type, but I'm more inclined to say Ni rather than Si. Though, this is with reference to MBTI function orders, I believe the function order of Socionics is vastly different.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This definition seems to vary somewhat from what I've read in the past. There seems to be a greater focus on the body and the definition itself is more broad and basic and doesn't seem to carry any connotations of thinking inside the box rather than outside.

There may be some merit to your classification of a Si type, but I'm more inclined to say Ni rather than Si. Though, this is with reference to MBTI function orders, I believe the function order of Socionics is vastly different.
    Don't play round about with me; "you could be right although..." pff lawyer language for you're right. I am.
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

How could I accept your assertions as correct as all you've done is thrown some types out and claimed my understanding is flawed? You haven't actually outwardly linked any of the information I provided to the functions or what you perceive them to be.

Maybe if you were a lawyer you could just be right all the time, but for now, throw me some reasoning.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How could I accept your assertions as correct as all you've done is thrown some types out and claimed my understanding is flawed? You haven't actually outwardly linked any of the information I provided to the functions or what you perceive them to be.

Maybe if you were a lawyer you could just be right all the time, but for now, throw me some reasoning.
    No
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gut(no logic) is LII
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

No
    Oh, okay. Pleasure doing business with you.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A range of subtle and significant differences exist, several of which you'll identify with a cursory glance here:

http://socionics.us/theory/model.shtml
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Model_A
    http://socionics.us/theory/information.shtml

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTp confirm on that. Ok, I'm done
    -

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First impression right off the bat is Ti-SLE. More than anything, you remind me of Gilly, and I got him @ Ti-SLE too. I'm hard pressed to see you anywhere but in Beta quadra.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    A range of subtle and significant differences exist, several of which you'll identify with a cursory glance here:

http://socionics.us/theory/model.shtml
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Model_A
    http://socionics.us/theory/information.shtml
    I'll have to spend a bit of time with this. It seems like far less of a crapshoot than MBTI, where there is insane room for interpretation, rather than just a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Good intro thread, esp. compared to those typically posted.

Judging by your photos and self-descriptions, I'd say you're most likely IEI.

Sorry I don't have an exhaustive analysis for you to indulge in.
    I understand. Looking back, there is a LOT of information up there.

I actually ended up doing the test here. I don't know how the valid this test is considered to be by the Socionics canon, but it was extremely thorough, with sliders, questions that seem to narrow down based on my previous answers and then some photo questions.

I scored LIE 1Ni-(ENTj) with these alternatives suggested:

ILI (INTp): 90% as likely as LIE.
    ILE (ENTp): 57% as likely as LIE.
    IEI (INFp): 55% as likely as LIE.

ISTp confirm on that. Ok, I'm done
    For the record, I totally knew you were pulling some sort of maneuver.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have to spend a bit of time with this. It seems like far less of a crapshoot than MBTI, where there is insane room for interpretation, rather than just a fair bit.
    Socionics contains plenty of crap to shoot, its plumbing is just wired differently than MBTI's is and there's more of it.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becker is frigging awesome. Loved that show.

Your type: probably ENTj.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    EIE-Ni
    LIE-Ni > EIE-Ni

He doesn't seem aristocratic. The description makes him come off as more logically/practically inclined then socially/emotionally versed and aware. There's no indication for Fi valuing, but there's also a lack of signs pointing to Fe ego and his overall demeanor seems reserved and cosmopolitan in a democratic way to me.

@Narcotic: A word of advice - avoid Maritsa. She can be a huge waste of time until you realize what you've gotten yourself into.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    LIE-Ni > EIE-Ni

He doesn't seem aristocratic. The description makes him come off as more logically/practically inclined then socially/emotionally versed and aware.
    But he's a male, and Fe is a function that tends to be expressed differently if the social expectations are differently modulated. Sure though, LIE is also possible.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@FDG: Honestly, looking back, I really played up the social element, so I can see where people might pull out a Fe. Trust me, I look more like the first photo about 70% of the time. Not a warm person. Friendly, but not warm. I would sooner call Fi-dom than Fe-dom/aux.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he sees himself as an 8w7, that would be yet another point for LIE over EIE. But this is also a relatively weak indication of anything considering how it's probably the Se-HA attracting him to the E8 concept. And he's got 3w4 in there too, which is a pretty common typing for EIEs.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I am every single type.

@FDG: Honestly, looking back, I really played up the social element, so I can see where people might pull out a Fe. Trust me, I look more like the first photo about 70% of the time. Not a warm person. Friendly, but not warm. I would sooner call Fi-dom than Fe-dom/aux.
    I would advice you put concluding on hold untill yoouu uh "warm up" Per Se there is a... thing that all go through at the beginning and clouds the info they give ,call it transition persona or w/e.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ENFjs in socionics aren't really supposed to be warm, especially the Ni subtype. Their Fe is more related to broader social issues, rather than direct sociability (which btw is often the result of creative for ESFjs). Anyhow, mine is exclusively a suggestion, as Park said, LIE could fit too.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out these descriptions:

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Fe
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Te

While not perfectly written, they should help you gauge the basic differences between these two information elements.

Also, there's no "aux" function (nor anything correspondingly equivalent) in Socionics. Forget about MBTI, i.e. please don't mix up terminology and semantics, because they are two different, directly unrelated concepts.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Model_A
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Functions

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am every single type.
    Keep making this kind of "jokes" and I'll start agreeing with people voting EIE.

By the way, LIEs are serious types.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Oh, ENFjs in socionics aren't really supposed to be warm, especially the Ni subtype. Their Fe is more related to broader social issues, rather than direct sociability (which btw is often the result of creative for ESFjs). Anyhow, mine is exclusively a suggestion, as Park said, LIE could fit too.
    Yes, EIE and LIE seem much more similar to each other than MBTI ENFJ and ENTJ.

Check out these descriptions:

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Fe
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Te

While not perfectly written, they should help you gauge the basic differences between these two information elements.

Also, there's no "aux" function (nor anything correspondingly equivalent) in Socionics. Forget about MBTI, i.e. please don't mix up terminology and semantics, because they are two different, directly unrelated concepts.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Model_A
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Functions
    Fe as a (3rd) role function as per the Wikisocion page fits me like a glove.

Keep making this kind of "jokes" and I'll start agreeing with people voting EIE.

By the way, LIEs are serious types.
    The "serious" types include LIE and LSE that both have role Fe that involves them making low-key witty remarks amongst friends and acquaintances. I don't see anything out of order here.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Depressing, crap and way too slow music. Took a look at pics, you look a bit like a hobbit, didn't bother to read rest now, maybe later, but my first thought was alpha/beta. Hell, can be gamma as well...

You can disregard that, I didn't put my eye on it.

Anyway, I see people posted some links - which one makes you brain crack?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Depressing, crap and way too slow music. Took a look at pics, you look a bit like a hobbit, didn't bother to read rest now, maybe later, but my first thought was alpha/beta. Hell, can be gamma as well...You can disregard that, I didn't put my eye on it.Anyway, I see people posted some links - which one makes you brain crack?
    Absurd, I am OUTRAGED by your post. I can't believe you said those things.

Try the Hour of Penance song.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did, crap.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Pussy.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Deltron 3030 is quality. Mastermind was great. Good times.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a strange feeling we'd get along.

I'm known for getting people to loosen up in ways they are comfortable with. The point of Jersey Shore isn't to take it seriously, it's to just sorta laugh it off and make fun of the jews for getting rich off of it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have a huge blind spot when it comes to recognizing my duals so I'm curious how this will pan out. My thought when I read the op was like "fuck idk he seems like a really cool ile except not." I can't really be any help, it looks like others here have already linked you to all the info you really need and you seem smart enough to use it. All I can really say is don't try to do mbti equivalencies or anything, try to swat that mbti stuff out of your head whenever it pops up. And I hope you decide to stick around for awhile.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Curious: what kind of thoughts is your mind filled with ("to the brim?")
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Curious: what kind of thoughts is your mind filled with ("to the brim?")
    At the moment, I'm thinking about all the books I still need to read, some things I need to chase up tomorrow, whether my friend has managed to get a girl pregnant, bouncing some ideas around for a hypothetical game I might try and hunt some people down to make.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am every single type.
    Enumerate the benefits and costs of this being so.

Try the Hour of Penance song.
    Suppose that you belonged to H. o' P. and had actively participated as a band-member in this song's realization. Which of its elements would you have sought to maintain, and which would you have altered?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast