Default Luther Burbank

Mah hero

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How was he like? In his personal life and in his work.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-pikachu

Awesome.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Awesome.
    -.-

So much to infer from that....

Let's see, you like him, he could be ESTj or INTj. IDK about INTj, I have my doubts but it's on the table because you feel so much enthusiasm towards him, I feel like the warmth of this enthusiasm creates an Illusionary relations.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    -.-

So much to infer from that....

Let's see, you like him, he could be ESTj or INTj. IDK about INTj, I have my doubts but it's on the table because you feel so much enthusiasm towards him, I feel like the warmth of this enthusiasm creates an Illusionary relations.
    Only very few other horticultural or agricultural inventors came close to the amount of time, energy, and lifespan spent on inventing improved plant cultivars for the garden and kitchen. He is the inventor of the idea that "everyone can have their own garden in their home." Previosuly, this idea was reserved for the wealthy elite, who had estate gardeners.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Only very few other horticultural or agricultural inventors came close to the amount of time, energy, and lifespan spent on inventing improved plant cultivars for the garden and kitchen. He is the inventor of the idea that "everyone can have their own garden in their home." Previosuly, this idea was reserved for the wealthy elite, who had estate gardeners.
    What were his purpose and life goals with regards to his plants?
    -

Creepy-pikachu

What were his purpose and life goals with regards to his plants?
    Other than to make as many improvements possible, the primary goal was improved mass-production. ie. Potaters which could yield the most everywhere with fewer issues, like disease or poor vigor. I dont think Americans realize how vital he was to modern life, or that he was buddies with Henry T Ford and Thomas Edison.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Other than to make as many improvements possible, the primary goal was improved mass-production. ie. Potaters which could yield the most everywhere with fewer issues, like disease or poor vigor. I dont think Americans realize how vital he was to modern life, or that he was buddies with Henry T Ford and Thomas Edison.
    Would an ESTj say this?

Less than fifteen per cent of the people do any original thinking on any subject. The greatest torture in the world for most people is to think.
    -

Creepy-pikachu

Would an ESTj say this?

Less than fifteen per cent of the people do any original thinking on any subject. The greatest torture in the world for most people is to think.
    Thats pretty much the primary bitch of most Tj types.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thats pretty much the primary bitch of most Tj types.
    Interesting.

If what he said was derived from an external source, as in he read that only about 15% of people think than it may be a valid fact, however if it's not than he's just saying it to be "smart."

Most of the quotes I read about him, indicate that he's ESTj type; he comes off very serious and less marry; for instance, I can compare him to the general tone that an Fe valuer INTj might say (some quotes from Seth Green follow) and thus far I'm leaning more towards Te than Ti; visually identifying him is harder to determine which of these two it would be because the pictures aren't the best, it's hard to tell what kind of a fleshiness a person has in black and white photos, it's hard to tell what body structure they have in old photographs as well; so these are why I'm stuck between these two types, visually; verbally, I'm experiencing a similar problem because he seems to be an atheist and while his unrestraint in stating his opinions to that regard are clear and presented in such a way where few arguments may be subject to them, they are too open to interpretation; is he being bold from essentially self assertion due to ego-centricity of introversion, or due to paving a new road, pioneering, and essentially sticking up to authority in regards to what religion influences his field, which would be interpreted as a specifically LSE trait. Everything I read from him and what he says feels to me to be heavy handed, not light and joking, serious and not merry. I read very few "Is" "I believe in this.... I think this.... I that." What I read of Luther's quotes are "that subject relates to this in this way."

Seth Green, who I type INTj said:

Doing something because it's quote-unquote a good career move doesn't really appeal to me.

All of my activities are so pedestrian. The extreme sport I play is ping pong. And we play it hard. If any of you suckers want to step up to the table, be ready.

Luthor Bubank

Obsolete misleading theologies bear the same relation to the essence of true religion that scarlet fever, mumps, and measles do to education.

This object - obsolete misleading theologies
    relate to this -bear the same relation to the essence of true religion
    this way -that....etc.
    -

Creepy-pikachu

Oh, he'd have to be a Te type, considering how many and vast his cross-relativity is.

The quote was loosely Te, but mostly an ethical response, in that even if the ratio is correct, he is implying that most people are too lazy to think, and that its depressing to him. The quoteitself, however, is loose Te > Ti. Because of X, is seems likely that Y exists.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh, he'd have to be a Te type, considering how many and vast his cross-relativity is.

The quote was loosely Te, but mostly an ethical response, in that even if the ratio is correct, he is implying that most people are too lazy to think, and that its depressing to him. The quoteitself, however, is loose Te > Ti. Because of X, is seems likely that Y exists.
    There's a better quote at the bottom of my recent post

Um.. do you think we could go dig him out of his grave and reconstruct his hands? I need to know if they are of that of an extravert
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Most of his quotes here relate in some way to his direct experiences or what objects outside of himself relate to what other objects outside of himself..

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/burbank.htm

Most people's religion is what they would like to believe, not what they do believe. And very few of them stop to examine its foundations.

Introverted Thinking:

"God is, to me, pretty much an idea. God is, to me, pretty much a myth created over time to deny the idea that we're all responsible for our own actions"
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-07-2013 at 02:44 AM.
    -