Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mary Kay Letourneau & Vili Fualaau

Oh Wow! Ok, i started in the famous duals thread, clicked Galens link and found a pairing of these two. I had no idea regarding the story surrounding this and innocently looked it up on youtube. I'm hooked, this story is absolutely fascinating...i'm on part four of the interview now.

I'm always astounded with stories like these, if they (all concerned) had had the foresight, would they have condemned in the same way. Is the question weather or not the 'child' at the time was not mature enough to make these decisions and therefore abused. Then i think of things like Romeo and Juliet (however fantastical) and i wonder if you can know as a child, if there is a part of you. I think some people are never old enough... do not ever mature into a state. This boy/man Vili seemed to have a pretty good grasp at a very young age.

What made these two people continue the whole time? What do you think of this?

Interviews below.

(I apologise if there is already a thread about this)

OK, watched all of them now... amazing.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part five of the interview, hmmm it cuts short but i can't find the rest... i get the picture by now though.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've heard Mary Kay Letourneau is likely IEE and Vili Fualaau is SLI and I can see that as a strong possibility given their mannerisms. I've watched a documentary about this on television before and she was inspired by his artistic talent at first when she was his teacher.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Who?
    Who...what?

I asked a couple of questions in the Op korpsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I've heard Mary Kay Letourneau is likely IEE and Vili Fualaau is SLI and I can see that as a strong possibility given their mannerisms. I've watched a documentary about this on television before and she was inspired by his artistic talent at first when she was his teacher.
    Yah i don't think it spoke too much about the initial attraction in the interview, except to say he was trying to get a kiss from her for a bet and she sensed he was trouble but needed her help and that he was different from her other students. Do you have a link to the documentary?

Edit: Yes she is supposed to be IEE and him SLI. I followed a link Galen posted about dual couples and this couple appeared for that pairing.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Yah i don't think it spoke too much about the initial attraction in the interview, except to say he was trying to get a kiss from her for a bet and she sensed he was trouble but needed her help and that he was different from her other students. Do you have a link to the documentary?

Edit: Yes she is supposed to be IEE and him SLI. I followed a link Galen posted about dual couples and this couple appeared for that pairing.
    Yup, the attraction developed slowly over time instead of instantly is what I gathered from the documentary, which is reminiscent of dual attraction. I saw it on A&E television like around 10 years ago more or less and found it very interesting, but I could not find the documentary online unfortunately. I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but you'd have to do some digging.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever the case may be, it was still unprofessional and crossing the line for a teacher to SLEEP with a student and this is why she got in trouble.

This holds even if they were the same age. If they wanted to have a sexual relationship, they had to wait until they weren't teacher-student anymore.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    whatever the case may be, it was still unprofessional and crossing the line for a teacher to SLEEP with a student and this is why she got in trouble.

This holds even if they were the same age. If they wanted to have a sexual relationship, they had to wait until they weren't teacher-student anymore.
    There were not teacher student anymore when they slept together. She waited till he moved class. The issue was that he thirteen years old and a minor and she was thirty four. Statutory Rape. She served seven years jail time.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I would type them as IEE-Fi and SLI-Si. From those interviews she sounds like she has been arrested in development at some point in adolescence.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GemOfTroy View Post
    There were not teacher student anymore when they slept together. She waited till he moved class. The issue was that he thirteen years old and a minor and she was thirty four. Statutory Rape. She served seven years jail time.
    They should have waited until he graduated high school. Then it wouldn't have been teacher-student, nor statutory rape.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT, IEEs.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    They should have waited until he graduated high school. Then it wouldn't have been teacher-student, nor statutory rape.
    Agreed, but that's not what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    ITT, IEEs.
    Not only!. I make it three IEE's, two ILI's and a SLI.... hmmm

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's all about timing.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vili never stuck me as anything remarkable. He seems very typical both as an adolescent and now. Letourneau, however, strikes me as a terribly immature woman. The way she describes the relationship honestly sounds appropriate to a 12 year-old girl.

She's also dumb as a box of rocks. I don't know how she made it through university.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She really had no idea that sleeping with a minor was a felony? Wow. o_o

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fairylights View Post
    She really had no idea that sleeping with a minor was a felony? Wow. o_o
    Yeah, i'm not convinced of that at all. Maybe initially but not for long...otherwise why hide when the police came...there was something else to this. She clearly is away with the fairies...but not soooo much. She did manage to have a marriage with four children and a successful teaching career before all of this.

This is what confuses me... it's like something happened between the two of them...some kind of chemistry or magicks. It could of course just be many coincidences combined to form something seemingly rather miraculous....unbelievable.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what confuses me... it's like something happened between the two of them...some kind of chemistry or magicks. It could of course just be many coincidences combined to form something seemingly rather miraculous....unbelievable.
    Some people still believe the world is flat despite it being visibly (and measureably) round when you look out across a body of water. There is no magic in chemistry even when it is complex.

But yes, I'm sure she knew exactly what she was doing. I'm tempted to tentatively suggest EII over IEE as her type, but I need to careful consider the epistemological basis before I can confirm that and elaborate.
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 01-10-2013 at 03:29 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people still believe the world is flat despite it being visibly (and measureably) round when you look out across a body of water. There is no magic in chemistry even when it is complex.
    I said magic or chemistry but also...what about magic potions huh?....they are using chemistry to make magic.... Logic Jim, Logic!

But yes, I'm sure she knew exactly what she was doing. I'm tempted to tentatively suggest EII over IEE as her type, but I need to careful consider the epistemological basis before I can confirm that and elaborate.
    I can certainly buy mbti ENFP. IEE i'm still as yet not so clear on though socionics ENFp does seem to be accepted as dreamy and 'in another worldly'. Hmmm do you think she was acting in the interviews? Or do you think that's her natural state and she had a good grasp of the situation?
    I personally think she's a little detached from reality, i can relate to that (on some levels). I really do wonder what she was like before though. And how things will be for them later... in twenty years say.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said magic or chemistry but also...what about magic potions huh?....they are using chemistry to make magic.... Logic Jim, Logic!
    Okay, you win magic it is

I can certainly buy mbti ENFP. IEE i'm still as yet not so clear on though socionics ENFp does seem to be accepted as dreamy and 'in another worldly'. Hmmm do you think she was acting in the interviews? Or do you think that's her natural state and she had a good grasp of the situation?
    I personally think she's a little detached from reality, i can relate to that (on some levels). I really do wonder what she was like before though. And how things will be for them later... in twenty years say.
    I will watch it again after work and point out some cues that I think apply. It has been a week+ since I originally watched it.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is his head so big

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Why is his head so big
    To house his brain, of course. He is a profoundly intelligent charismatic after all.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That picture just looks really weird. He looks like a big troll. Its photoshopped, obviously. I HOPE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    That picture just looks really weird. He looks like a big troll. Its photoshopped, obviously. I HOPE.
    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    He's just one of those people whose face is really on the front of their heads.
    The irony of these comments alongside your avatars.

Also... i realise now that the videos are no longer available, which is a shame. In fact i can no longer find any left of them on you tube at all. Interestingly i did find a couple of other cases of female teachers having affairs/statutory rape cases with underage male students. There seems to be quite a lot of this actually, it's certainly popular to sensationalize.

Most of the other stories though, do not talk about true love, they do not get back together once the teacher has served jail time (they seem a lot more coarse, predatory). So this story is pretty unique in that.

InvisibruJim