Thread: Duality relations: who initiates?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duality relations: who initiates?

So I recently thought about my interaction with IEI's. Often times I feel like they're the ones initiating, coming to me and expressing their interest despite me being an SLE super aggressor. I've also realized many women will only communicate their interest to me with body language, a smile, their eyes, etc. When they do this, I have an uncontrollable urge to approach them, I feel like there's no ambiguity. They're interested, so why be scared about talking to them?

With that being said, it seems like I've never pursuaded a girl to be interested in me. They either are or they aren't, and I've only gone after the ones my gut tells me are interested.

Can anyone relate? How do you think type plays into who initiates? For you, what sort of clues, signals, or interactions with the opposite sex lead to a relationship? Thoughts?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not directly related to the topic question, but contrary to what many people expect, there are quite a lot of descriptions from russian socionists in which the relation between INTj and ESFj is described as being initiated by the INTj, after the ESFj starts fussing about things important to her around the INTj without addressing him directly. i've found this to match my experiences with ESFjs quite well so far.

Creepy-pikachu

Who maintains relationships?

This is a fun game

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    not directly related to the topic question, but contrary to what many people expect, there are quite a lot of descriptions from russian socionists in which the relation between INTj and ESFj is described as being initiated by the INTj, after the ESFj starts fussing about things important to her around the INTj without addressing him directly. i've found this to match my experiences with ESFjs quite well so far.
    Yes, and sometimes you'll run into an ESFj who isn't quick to move along to a serious stage in the relationship, who needs time, being dynamic types, to see obverse adjust, feeling time thing. It's annoying to my INTj friend who was "ok, you're ESFj and I want to be with you."

It's all over the board thought;

I've seen ESTj like Mitt Romney, get into a relationship and be married in 3 months.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html