Thread: Julien Smith

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Julien Smith

author and speaker. overly self-helpy/cheesy, but this quote caught my eye and i started googling. maybe IEE?

ďYou donít know anyone at the party, so you donít want to go. You donít like cottage cheese, so you havenít eaten it in years. This is your choice, of course, but donít kid yourself: itís also the flinch. Your personality is not set in stone. You may think a morning coffee is the most enjoyable thing in the world, but itís really just a habit. Thirty days without it, and you would be fine. You think you have a soul mate, but in fact you could have had any number of spouses. You would have evolved differently, but been just as happy.
    You can change what you want about yourself at any time. You see yourself as someone who canít write or play an instrument, who gives in to temptation or makes bad decisions, but thatís really not you. Itís not ingrained. Itís not your personality. Your personality is something else, something deeper than just preferences, and these details on the surface, you can change anytime you like.

If it is useful to do so, you must abandon your identity and start again. Sometimes, itís the only way.

Set fire to your old self. Itís not needed here. Itís too busy shopping, gossiping about others, and watching days go by and asking why you havenít gotten as far as youíd like. This old self will die and be forgotten by all but family, and replaced by someone who makes a difference.

Your new self is not like that. Your new self is the Great Chicago Fireóoverwhelming, overpowering, and destroying everything that isnít necessary. Ē

http://inoveryourhead.net/best/

http://inoveryourhead.net/about-julien/

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was not expecting a man.

I love the quote though. oh no... i may look him up on amazon.
    I've a thing for self-help books that make me feel great about myself. then i toss them aside.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I've a thing for self-help books that make me feel great about myself. then i toss them aside.
    lmao <3

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks Se/Ni; maybe ESFp.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Your new self is the Great Chicago Fire—overwhelming, overpowering, and destroying everything that isn’t necessary. " this line was horrible though.

If your ancestors died in the chicago fire they were unnecessary.