Thread: a newbie

TIM
    ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default a newbie...

...and a wannabe socionist. I'm an ENTP, a medical doctor interested in many fields but lately obsessed with connections between diseases and TIM's.
    Hope I can find answers with your help.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What kind of diseases?

bipolar = INFj, ESFp; mostly Fi dom

personality disorders = ESFp

Autism = ISTp

Aspergers = ISFp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-bg

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    What kind of diseases?

Autism = ISTp

Aspergers = ISFp
    Bullshit!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, connection between multiplex sclerosis and INTP. (also an unusual deviation of nose and mouth line)
    ESFJ: Hypertension, diabetes (metabolic syndrome), cardiovascular disorders...
    ENTP: Schizophrenia, ankylosing spondylitis
    INTJ: Schizotypal disorder (F21), (lung cancer?)
    ISFJ: I really need to know what is their F code when they are decompensated
    ISTP: stutters, multiple skin lipomatosis, pyriformis syndrome...
    (I'll be back with more)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

MS and ISTp is not uncommon
    usually with INTp it's more like the rheumatoid arthritis and als
    with cancers it's too all over the board to tell

usually some types are more common like ESFp and because of that you'd notice more breast cancer in women, but that's not because of type relationship, it's just because there are more ESFp; INFj get lung and breast cancer too,
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Correlating pathologies to sociotype is surely a professional endeavor.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post909957

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please offer reasoning for these associations between types of information processing and the mentioned diseases. For example, what is it about {Si base with Te creative} that would associate it with {stutters, multiple skin lipomatosis, and pyriformis disease}?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And isn't bipolar considered a personality disorder?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    And isn't bipolar considered a personality disorder?
    Bipolar is a mood disorder, not a personality disorder.

The following is not directed at Ryene:
    There are currently 10 conditions that are considered personality disorders, some of which have very little in common. Mental health professionals typically group those personality disorders that share characteristics into one of three clusters:

Cluster A Personality Disorders are those considered to be marked by odd, eccentric behavior. Paranoid, Schizoid and Schizotypal Personality Disorders are in this category.

Cluster B Personality Disorders are evidenced by dramatic, erratic behaviors and include Histrionic, Narcissistic, Antisocial and Borderline Personality Disorders.

Cluster C Personality Disorders are distinguished by the anxious, fearful behavior commonly seen in Obsessive-Compulsive, Avoidant and Dependent Personality Disorders.

http://suite101.com/article/personal...#ixzz2FtJc4IKs
    To associate three different clusters with their varied traits as being associated with only one sociotype is...
    You know I'm not sure just what the word/phrase would be...
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Bipolar is a mood disorder, not a personality disorder.
    *headtilt* Huh.

*heads off to Google for some reading*

Quote Originally Posted by WebMD
    There are many different conditions that are recognized as mental illnesses. The more common types include:

Anxiety disorders: People with anxiety disorders respond to certain objects or situations with fear and dread, as well as with physical signs of anxiety or nervousness, such as a rapid heartbeat and sweating. An anxiety disorder is diagnosed if the person's response is not appropriate for the situation, if the person cannot control the response, or if the anxiety interferes with normal functioning. Anxiety disorders include generalized anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and specific phobias.

Mood disorders: These disorders, also called affective disorders, involve persistent feelings of sadness or periods of feeling overly happy, or fluctuations from extreme happiness to extreme sadness. The most common mood disorders are depression, mania, and bipolar disorder.

Psychotic disorders: Psychotic disorders involve distorted awareness and thinking. Two of the most common symptoms of psychotic disorders are hallucinations -- the experience of images or sounds that are not real, such as hearing voices -- and delusions, which are false beliefs that the ill person accepts as true, despite evidence to the contrary. Schizophrenia is an example of a psychotic disorder.

Eating disorders: Eating disorders involve extreme emotions, attitudes, and behaviors involving weight and food. Anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder are the most common eating disorders.

Impulse control and addiction disorders: People with impulse control disorders are unable to resist urges, or impulses, to perform acts that could be harmful to themselves or others. Pyromania (starting fires), kleptomania (stealing), and compulsive gambling are examples of impulse control disorders. Alcohol and drugs are common objects of addictions. Often, people with these disorders become so involved with the objects of their addiction that they begin to ignore responsibilities and relationships.

Personality disorders: People with personality disorders have extreme and inflexible personality traits that are distressing to the person and/or cause problems in work, school, or social relationships. In addition, the person's patterns of thinking and behavior significantly differ from the expectations of society and are so rigid that they interfere with the person's normal functioning. Examples include antisocial personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, and paranoid personality disorder.

Other, less common types of mental illnesses include:

Adjustment disorder: Adjustment disorder occurs when a person develops emotional or behavioral symptoms in response to a stressful event or situation. The stressors may include natural disasters, such as an earthquake or tornado; events or crises, such as a car accident or the diagnosis of a major illness; or interpersonal problems, such as a divorce, death of a loved one, loss of a job, or a problem with substance abuse. Adjustment disorder usually begins within three months of the event or situation and ends within six months after the stressor stops or is eliminated.

Dissociative disorders: People with these disorders suffer severe disturbances or changes in memory, consciousness, identity, and general awareness of themselves and their surroundings. These disorders usually are associated with overwhelming stress, which may be the result of traumatic events, accidents, or disasters that may be experienced or witnessed by the individual. Dissociative identity disorder, formerly called multiple personality disorder, or "split personality," and depersonalization disorder are examples of dissociative disorders.

Factitious disorders: Factitious disorders are conditions in which physical and/or emotional symptoms are created in order to place the individual in the role of a patient or a person in need of help.

Sexual and gender disorders: These include disorders that affect sexual desire, performance, and behavior. Sexual dysfunction, gender identity disorder, and the paraphilias are examples of sexual and gender disorders.

Somatoform disorders: A person with a somatoform disorder, formerly known as psychosomatic disorder, experiences physical symptoms of an illness, even though a doctor can find no medical cause for the symptoms.

Tic disorders: People with tic disorders make sounds or display body movements that are repeated, quick, sudden, and/or uncontrollable. (Sounds that are made involuntarily are called vocal tics.) Tourette's syndrome is an example of a tic disorder.
    Fascinating. I hadn't realized there were so many categories.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan Korolija View Post
    ...and a wannabe socionist. I'm an ENTP, a medical doctor interested in many fields but lately obsessed with connections between diseases and TIM's.
    Hope I can find answers with your help.
    Some Christmas Gremlin changed your TIM then.

What kind of diseases?

Autism = ISTp

Aspergers = ISFp

Maritsa - tuberculosis.

Anyway, multiple personality disorder is shared by all sociotypes?
    Last edited by Absurd; 12-23-2012 at 04:13 PM.

TIM
    ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, it's quite possible I made a typo. I'm an ENFP. Anyway, if 5 out of 5 cases of MS are Observers, lets talk about statistics. Or present me another type with the same disease. I'll accept any new information.
    Maritsa, dear. You are my younger mirror. Good night.
    I was hoping for Alpha NT help. Specially for ISFJ

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, if 5 out of 5 cases of MS are Observers, lets talk about statistics.
    They're not. I have a mother with MS, and she is ESE.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maritsa, dear. You are my younger mirror. Good night.
    Oh yes she is, just change your location to Armenia and you two can be identicals.

TIM
    ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    They're not. I have a mother with MS, and she is ESE.

Thank you, Ryene.

TIM
    ENFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Please offer reasoning for these associations between types of information processing and the mentioned diseases. For example, what is it about {Si base with Te creative} that would associate it with {stutters, multiple skin lipomatosis, and pyriformis disease}?
    I was guessing it's in the biological (anatomical & physiological) differences between different TIM

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You discount two things here:

1. People aren't typed correctly
    2. What they say about their personal experiences with type and disease isn't going to be correct because of 1.
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You discount two things here:

1. People aren't typed correctly
    2. What they say about their personal experiences with type and disease isn't going to be correct because of 1.
    That's very rich, coming from you.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a new ISFP/SEI here and I have enjoyed reading the posts and finally decided to join in. Really? Is Aspergers related in some cases to ISFP's? I had read some of your posts Maritsa Darmandzhyan and enjoyed them, thanks!

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

One of the things about socionics is imo it views many disorders as simply improperly developed personalities.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...gustinaviciute

In this article, Schizothymia and cyclothymia are the terms used to describe rationality and irrationality.

a) Rationality - irrationality (shizotyme - cyclotyme)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome, there might possibly be some correlations with type and psychological disorders, but I think the correlations between type and physiological disorders are most likely non-existent. However, I'm interested to hear your input nonetheless and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of diseases?

Autism = ISTp

Aspergers = ISFp

None of the above are "diseases." I find it incredibly amusing how that you've managed lump everything in DSM-IV in the ESFp category.

Dusan, welcome to the forum. Please ignore Maritsa she is a quack.
    Last edited by Scapegrace; 12-28-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com