Thread: Romancing styles: victim - aggressor revisited

Creepy-pikachu

Default Romancing styles: victim - aggressor revisited

Here is a quote for the mother landz about the meaning of this information style:

"The Lyricist's shortcoming is his inclination to blame others considering them guilty of his own misfortunes. The Commander easily calms down his dual by threatening to punish the offenders and to restore justice. Sometimes he puts The Lyricist to shame, teaches him lessons of courage and endurance."

INFp: "They did this to me." Ni types, specifically the introverts, do not see themselves rationally, as they are removed from themselves. This is not like an Si blaming another, but the continulous pattern of, "them and me," as, inversely, an Si dominant is also very quick to blame themselves as well. With Fe as the compontent of rationalism in this type of ego, the component on "Me" is heightened. "They did this to me. This is how I feel!"

ESTp: "They will not do this to me." The ESTp is repeating the same song in a completely opposing direction, but the theme is still them/me.

I did this in Beta since the Gamma aggressor/victim is far less black/white. Thanks, Ti quadra types!

Creepy-pikachu

Oh, further:

"They did this to me" Ni positivist. It sounds like a negative statement, but its the shortest distance of consideration.

"They will not do this to me" Se negativist. The broadest band of will is considered as a whole onto the self.

Again, seemingly similar information passing in opposite direction towards the self.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iiiiinteresting.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Iiiiinteresting.
    Yes, I am totally impressed as well and shocked in one.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks. This is great.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you calling me fat?
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All sensors are fat. Duh.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    "The Lyricist's shortcoming is his inclination to blame others considering them guilty of his own misfortunes. The Commander easily calms down his dual by threatening to punish the offenders and to restore justice. Sometimes he puts The Lyricist to shame, teaches him lessons of courage and endurance."
    In most IEIs that I've met the motivating factor behind such complains isn't the wish pin the blame onto someone else, but rather the perception of oneself as being unable to make the required impact, which sometimes is only imagined.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Maritsa. I am going to try to be very patient here and speak to you like I would a child.

What is happening in that thread is the direct opposite of what is described in Jadae's original post. It's extremely obvious. Read it again.

Read that exchange verrrry closely. Who is the positivist and who is the negativist?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Creepy-pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    In most IEIs that I've met the motivating factor behind such complains isn't the wish pin the blame onto someone else, but rather the perception of oneself as being unable to make the required impact, which sometimes is only imagined.
    Pics or it didnt happen.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Siuntal, I can totally relate to that feeling of being unable to make the required impact. Can you comment on differences in the victim mindset between EIEs and IEIs?

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about "This happened because of the dynamic between this person and this (other) person"

*note: One of the 'persons' could be the self.

What style would that be @Jadae?

Edit: I'm Asking because i am not sure of my own style.

Edit take 2: What type are you?

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Are you calling me fat?

olala c'est la victime

Creepy-pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    How about "This happened because of the dynamic between this person and this (other) person"

*note: One of the 'persons' could be the self.

What style would that be @Jadae?

Edit: I'm Asking because i am not sure of my own style.

Edit take 2: What type are you?
    Is that a pervasive theme?

Talking about my type would really derail this thread to the heavens, so lets save that for later.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Pics or it didnt happen.
    it wasn't that kind of motivating factor Jadae - it was very camera shy so we didn't manage to get a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Siuntal, I can totally relate to that feeling of being unable to make the required impact. Can you comment on differences in the victim mindset between EIEs and IEIs?
    One difference that I see is that for IEIs their psyche is well protected from external influences, a place where they can retreat to and take refuge, but this is not so for EIEs whose psyche is wide open and hypersensitive to even the slightest changes in their environment, so they are more like victims of changing circumstances. You can see some of it in this short clip of Klaus Kinski http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI8jl6V-gyk his eyes wildly rummaging around that he cannot go anywhere, there's only this camp which to him feels like a prison. An IEI under these circumstances would simply look within.
    Last edited by silke; 12-14-2012 at 07:05 AM.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

us vs them
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja