User Tag List

Thread: First Post - New to Socionics - Not new to MBTI - I've converted to the Dark Side

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default First Post - New to Socionics - Not new to MBTI - I've converted to the Dark Side...

Ha. No well, honestly - I wrote an article about all this juicy goodness (won't post it... just yet... so ya'll know I'm being GENUINE) and I've always been interested in Socionics. The 16 types.

I'm an ENFP/IEE - past year or so just really dived right in. At least, with the other side... that side... you know....

and it seemed all the women I'd be dating - once I got them to take the test (I'm horrible at typing...) I'd - you know - I'd find my self altering my behavior to appease their INTJness or INTPness - etc.

Sure enough - it worked. It scared the crap out of me and I researched everything about ENFP.

Then, well - I discovered the "romance styles" - Infantile, Aggressor - etc. I wrote an article on that - my first on the series - and it swormed all over FB. People loved it!

Then, since I discovered Socionics - I instantly got bitter. I told my friends on the "other" forums and they said "Oh, it's nothing but heart break over there..."

So, I noticed. It seems every 'relations type' is "Moth to Flame" "Most unsatisfactory" "the highest demotivating pairing" You basically had a 1/16 chance of finding a friend or lover, and a 1/8 chance of finding someone who could TOLERATE.

In a heavy Russian voice: "You live to die; die to live - " with the cigarette and Vodka on the table - just all bleak.

But then it got even freakier - as I'd go on a date, a few with a girl - and we'd have a conflict. I'd pull up Socionics; research, and... My god. It was amazing.

It was the DARK SIDE. (Nah, knowledge is power... right?)

So... I ran with it.... and here I am.

But, I'm secretly using it in my life and discovering that my best-friend is an INTJ - wow! Go figure. INTP relationship head-butted heavily after disagreement involving morals - etc... ESFJ I found "tah dah" Stupid.

That's all slight sarcasm, but you get what I'm saying.

So yeah, just saying Hi. Doing some research and using the search.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, you sound like some guy talking to a bartender... Have anouther one!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome Diluted!
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think statistically the types that fit best for enfps are sfjs and then other nfs in that order (in mbti). good luck

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome to the16types!

Many individuals come to socionics via MBTI and generally they find MBTI quite lacking vs Socionics after that discovery.

o/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a basic lit. intro on why Socioncs is an ENFp and not ENFP? Why the lower-case stuff? I'm still an ENFP in Socionics, right? Because I read INFP stuff and ENFJ stuff - and while I'm gorgeously good looking like the ENFJ, I've got an ENFP brain - do forgive me - EEI?

Help. I need a crash-course - any suggestions? I was initially drawn to the "romance styles" and shot from the hip from there focusing only on my self and others, selectively Now I'm interested in a whole - to study.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this the dark side?
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know you and i decidedly did not read your stuff, that being said. Socionics =//= mbti. This is fact, get used to this fact.
    Easy Day

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    Does anyone have a basic lit. intro on why Socioncs is an ENFp and not ENFP? Why the lower-case stuff? I'm still an ENFP in Socionics, right?
    My view on this:

Both MBTI and Socionics are trying to define and analyze the same types we see around us, but socionics does it better. If you have typed yourself initially using MBTI then your socionics type might be something different - or the same. The way I see it is that MBTI is just in many cases wrong, they try to analyze the true types but often fail, and instead they go by more shallow impressions. Socionics on the other hand succeeds in typing correctly. When people type themselves in MBTI there is not so much to go on, and mistypings are frequent. Or maybe one could say that the MBTI types themselves are inconsistent. In socionics it's easier to discover mistakes in typing, and they can be corrected. There's just more hints to use. Once you are sure of your Socioincs type, you don't need MBTI anymore, you have basiclly found your true type and that's it.

The lower case was used on Socionics.com to distinguish it from MBTI types. But IMO it's better to just use the socionics notation and forget MBTI alltogether.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    Does anyone have a basic lit. intro on why Socioncs is an ENFp and not ENFP? Why the lower-case stuff? I'm still an ENFP in Socionics, right? Because I read INFP stuff and ENFJ stuff - and while I'm gorgeously good looking like the ENFJ, I've got an ENFP brain - do forgive me - EEI?

Help. I need a crash-course - any suggestions? I was initially drawn to the "romance styles" and shot from the hip from there focusing only on my self and others, selectively Now I'm interested in a whole - to study.
    Socionics is quite a bit different then MBTI and I would say any understanding of the two topics becomes increasingly incompatible.

That said.

1. Start with Jung, socionics like MBTI is based off of Jung functions and there is a dominant function which is at the foundation of the individual.

2. Stick with functions. A ENFp is has extroverted intuition as a dominant function. This is the same for extroverted types between socionics and MBTI but different for introverted types. MBTI uses a different system for how it does its notation which is not compatible with socionics. Know what function is associated with each type and this should give you a clearer picture of how each type is constituted.

3. The key advance between Jung and Socionics is Socionics adoption of information processing and various aspects of information processing to the Jung functions. A human psyche process information of one type and produces another, the second function within the psyche is called the creative function and is the producing function which differentiates a ENFp from a ENTp. This divergence, the fork in the road so to speak produces the 16 types.

4. There is a lot to learn in socionics in comparison to MBTI and a great deal of in depth discussion of the various groups and emergent structures that form within the 16type categorizations. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php is a starting point and is a library of translations that has been done by the collaborators at this site.

Happy hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Sociotype: IEI-2Fe (INFp)

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Socionics is quite a bit different then MBTI and I would say any understanding of the two topics becomes increasingly incompatible.

That said.

1. Start with Jung, socionics like MBTI is based off of Jung functions and there is a dominant function which is at the foundation of the individual.

2. Stick with functions. A ENFp is has extroverted intuition as a dominant function. This is the same for extroverted types between socionics and MBTI but different for introverted types. MBTI uses a different system for how it does its notation which is not compatible with socionics. Know what function is associated with each type and this should give you a clearer picture of how each type is constituted.

3. The key advance between Jung and Socionics is Socionics adoption of information processing and various aspects of information processing to the Jung functions. A human psyche process information of one type and produces another, the second function within the psyche is called the creative function and is the producing function which differentiates a ENFp from a ENTp. This divergence, the fork in the road so to speak produces the 16 types.

4. There is a lot to learn in socionics in comparison to MBTI and a great deal of in depth discussion of the various groups and emergent structures that form within the 16type categorizations. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php is a starting point and is a library of translations that has been done by the collaborators at this site.

Happy hunting!
    Good post/summary, you should sticky this.

I would add that MBTI defines J/P as a different dichotomy, one based upon 'controlling the external environment' if J versus 'stable internal environment' if P, in addition MBTI has some ridiculous typing descriptions which make N look much, much, much more desirable than S types which do not appear as multi faceted as they are.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Don't you mean you've converted from the dark side?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.