Thread: Alexander McQueen

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Alexander McQueen

the only fashion designer i've ever taken an interest in.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSE.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

seems plausible. but i really don't know, pretty much anything would seem plausible.

anyone else?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Today 12:09 AM] Radio: ESE or IEE was my impression
    [Today 12:10 AM] Radio: his expressions are way too obnoxious to be EXTj srry
    [Today 12:10 AM] Radio: [and] he looks like Alan from Two and a Half Men

I watched a documentary yesterday about some of the last shows he made, before he committed suicide [x] [x] [x]. It was really interesting. I watched this one today, McQueen and I. He vibes contra flow instinctual stacking. I haven't really read up a lot about him, but he maybe could have been an enneagram 4 and I think maybe an introvert and an intuitive type.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 09-27-2015 at 08:21 PM.

I'll stay with introverted and intuitive. Lean strongest to Ne-creative and xII-Ne (IEI...might be possible too). Maybe 4w5/5w4 sx/so.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 03-25-2016 at 11:17 AM.

So I searched and this one is quite longer. I haven't watched it, only the first 3 min and funny enough he mentions that he is friends with Tim Burton around 2:18.

Ne creative. Watch the Platos Atlantis Fashion Show. It’s sth. like out of another world or the Horn of Plenty show. In the documentary I saw, they explained it was actually McQueens statement on the whole bank/financial disaster, like a commentary on capitalism (or sth. along the lines... it‘s some time since I watched it). Like he took his thoughts, abstracted it and channeled it through his very own medium (fashion). I read that Ne is actually the function that really deals with the object at hand. He really created sth. new from scratch. Just look at his designs. I mean thinking it further - Ne goes with Si? I mean when you view Si as an sensory subjective perception function, I can definetely see it in McQueen and how it may have aided him it his work. I mean isn’t fashion about creating sth. that evokes sth. in the sensory subjective realm. I mean subjective also to the point where some people look at some designs and think... wtf.

I mean I read how McQueen had this book on birds that he often had at home and looked through and how he often used feathers and the like as material. I read from some, who also described Si as kind of having an inner sensory imaginatory realm – akin to Ni. Also fashion designers are under immense stress to create sth. new/groundbreaking every season. The world spins really fast and I think McQueen was not just merely good, he was astounding. Like the load of work he had to do... womens collection, mens collection, accessories etc. and he had to come up with new ideas on spot for every new season. Like he had to juggle it all simultaneously. I remember there was also a show where he used robots, that sprayed paint on the clothes. The Platos Atlantis Show was the first that also aired via live stream, see the cameras/the technology at the side of the catwalk. He must have had a keen curiosity/interest in these things.

Ugh... It’s not as fleshed out how much I want it, like how I see Ne for him. But contrast his shows to Balmain (designer Olivier Rousteing). I have Rousteing down as Se creative (ESI, maybe SEE). You see it’s more impactful (the music, the whole vibe, how the models walk, it’s more Se). The designs are astounding, because of the material, texture, but it has a different vibe than McQueen. Like with McQueen dresses. There is not sth. out there a 2nd time. It‘s really unique, bordering on completely foreign. Regarding Feeling. You know he actually has a sad background and he was always very close to his mother. I remember in the McQueen documentary they showed her how she prepared food for the camera team and everything (yeah... I know kinda stereotypical and probably flat to make the jump to caregiver... but idk... you know he had a soft spot regarding women, really see some of his quotes... and the story with his sister**). You know... when his mother died, it impacted him so heavily... he commited suicide a few days later.

** I was this young boy and I saw this man with his hands round my sisters neck, I was just standing there with her two children beside me... Everything I have done since then was for the purpose of making women look stronger, not naive. And so, when everyone started saying I was misogynist, that really freaked me out. They didn’t know me. They didn’t know what I had seen in my life. That was the first part of fashion, that I hated – people labeling me without knowing me.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-18-2016 at 05:48 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you @Nymeria. I'll watch this after my computer gets repaired this evening
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IXI

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned