View Poll Results: What is your instinct stacking?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • sp/sx

22 23.16%
  • sx/sp

26 27.37%
  • so/sx

11 11.58%
  • sx/so

16 16.84%
  • sp/so

11 11.58%
  • so/sp

3 3.16%
  • not certain or don't know

6 6.32%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: +Instinctual Variant Survey

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default +Instinctual Variant Survey

just curious what everyone types themselves as...

Edit: a few references for those who don't know their stacking:
    Tests:
    Reading material:

Prevalence of stackings:

Assuming equal distributions, the prevalence of each stacking should be approximately 16% with each x-last grouping adding up to 33%.

This poll (78 votes counted)
    Sp/Sx - 25% : Sx/Sp - 32%
    So/Sx - 11.5% : Sx/So - 16.5%
    Sp/So - 11.5% : So/Sp - 2.5%

My own typings of forum members only (~120 entrees)
    Sp/Sx - 16.7% : Sx/Sp - 12.0%
    So/Sx - 14.3% : Sx/So - 15.1%
    Sp/So - 23.0% : So/Sp - 19.0%

My typings of forum members + typings of people I know irl (~200 typings)
    Sp/Sx - 19% : Sx/Sp - 14%
    So/Sx - 17% : Sx/So - 14%
    Sp/So - 19% : So/Sp - 17%

Forum poll distributions:
    SO-last - 57%
    SP-last - 29%
    SX-last - 14%

Distributions from my typings of forum members:
    SO-last - 29%
    SP-last - 29%
    SX-last - 42%

Distributions from my typings of forum members + people from irl:
    SO-last - 33%
    SP-last - 31%
    SX-last - 36%

The forum poll shows a clear preference for soc-last typings, particularly sx/sp, which is perhaps reflecting the same trend as was noted in Enneagram Institute workshops: "It was mentioned that many people who thought they were soc-last, later find out they are soc-middle or soc-first once they actually understand the instinct." Thus the soc-last stackings are initially over-typed, when the social instinct is misunderstood.
    Last edited by silke; 01-24-2015 at 10:52 PM.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the vast majority of people type sp/sx or sx/sp.
    The sx-lasts are deemed creepy in the composite image threads Galen has made.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not read so much about the whole instinct stacking stuff, but I guess it would be sp/so.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

sp/sx might work best but there's so much it-could-go-either-way-ness that i think it might just be most pragmatically/accurately descriptive to say "so-last"

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres something odd going on in that sx/sp box.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Theres something odd going on in that sx/sp box.
    what?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think sx/sp describes me, but sometimes when I read various descriptions of the instincts and their stackings, I question if any of it would actually describe me.

Basically, I tend to jump in fully into a project, a relationship, a course, whatever. I'm sure and confident and positive that this is the route I want to go into. But then soon after jumping in I start questioning it, questioning myself, etc. I start reigning myself in, pulling back, trying to disengage from the emotions and obsessive thoughts, until I've pulled back so far that I have difficulty re-engaging into it. My attention turns towards something else, and the whole cycle repeats with something/someone new. My house is littered with project resources left over from these attempts.

To me, sx/sp seems to describe this cycle. But then I read descriptions about sx wanting to become one with a desired one, and my skin crawls at the mere thought. It's a similar feeling as when I consider the spiritual melting pot after life idea, where supposedly our spirits will become one with The One, and disentigration of ego. The mere idea freaks me out, even though I am trying to reconcile with it (it just won't be in THIS life, heh).

The later thing is something I tend to, rightly or wrongly, associate with so descriptions.

Basically, ultimately, I am unsure. But so far sx/sp seems the best fit.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    I'm so last, for sure.
    Lol. No you're not. For sure. If anyone exemplifies an so mindset, you do. The fascination with public figures, meeting physical ideals supported by your subgroup, and amount of gossip you indulge in all very strongly point to so.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong. You don't know me at all.

Umm.. yes he does. He has responded to like six of your comments on an internet forum.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do find that most enneasites have a disproportionate amount of followers who self-type as Sx/Sp. Regardless of how true this is, I do find that there's some sort of impression about Sx/Sps as the "cool" type that people secretly want to aspire to (projection ololol).

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong. You don't know me at all.
    What did I say that was inaccurate?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Umm.. yes he does. He has responded to like six of your comments on an internet forum.
    I'm a girl.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wutever. Go all heteronormative on my ass.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Lol. No you're not. For sure. If anyone exemplifies an so mindset, you do. The fascination with public figures, meeting physical ideals supported by your subgroup, and amount of gossip you indulge in all very strongly point to so.
    This is the wrong thread to be making assumptions.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't say I agree with this fully, but I agree it's hard to see starfall as so-last.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    This is the wrong thread to be making assumptions.
    Assume to consume.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not obsessed with public figures (idk where you got that one). Though I occasionally engage in gossip, I hardly ever engage in it at work, even when pressured to. As far as physical ideals (you're referring to my weight gain dilemma?) that was mostly encouraged by my boyfriend nagging me about it for two years (I believe his instinct stacking is probably sx/so) and also related to health issues.

I feel like most people here visualize me to be this materialistic, pretty princess who likes to go out and socialize 24/7 (that actually describes my boyfriend pretty accurately, minus the princess part). Truthfully, that could not be further from the truth from what I'm like irl, and it's one of the things that me and my boyfriend clash the most on. He constantly criticizes me for not being more socially aware.

The instinct stacking I relate to the most would be sp followed by sx, though, occasionally the focus shifts and I relate to the latter more than the former. The stacking which seems the most foreign to me is so, and I relate to those descriptions the least. My stacking are most likely sp/sx, those descriptions seem to make the most sense and I can relate to them the most.
    Sorry if my first post sounded bitchy, that wasn't my intention. And I'll try to be considerate here, but it's not my strong suit, so just know that I'm not trying to be harsh even if it sometimes seems like it. Social isn't about socializing. It's about knowing who people are, what they're doing, a kind of awareness of what and who the people in any group are, which includes gossip (which doesn't have to be malicious, and can be just a fact-spreading kind of thing.) It's been awhile since I watched it (a few months) but I believe the video that Galen posted in the sx-last thread talks about the social instinct and how it doesn't have to be about socializing, and you might find it interesting. I think you're sp/so or so/sp, and I know what I think means absolutely nothing to you, but hear me out.

Social instinct for a 4 can be about finding and trying to fit an ideal image. I know you say the weight gain is about "getting healthy" and I'm sure that is a big part of it, and I'm really glad for you that you are improving your health, but that's not all that it's about. You've talked about specifically wanting to gain fat and inches in your hips and butt, not for health reasons, but for appearance reasons, and have posted multiple pictures of women with large derrieres as a goal to aim for, while also saying that you're avoiding any upper-body workouts. It's an unbalanced and appearance-focused approach, in an attempt to get closer to what you see as a desirable body ideal. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it's not about being your healthiest or best, but about trying to morph your body into a particular mold. You've talked about being anorexic for a time also, saying that it was about having control over something in your life, but you went from one kind of body focus to a different, but no less obsessive form of body focus. When people posted pictures in (I think) a body ideal or inspiration sort of thread - you made disparaging comments on some of the pictures people posted saying things like, "that's what I look like normally, and I can't believe anyone would want to look like that" seeming to be almost disgusted with certain body types. It's not an appreciation for healthy bodies in all different forms, but an idea of what a person's body should look like, and everything else is "wrong."

I'm going to put in some quotes from different so 4 descriptions, and while descriptions aren't perfect, they can communicate an idea of focus.

"Social Fours may work hard to develop a public persona through which they can communicate the depths of their feelings, but this persona is usually more glamorous and free than they actually feel. Social Fours are acutely aware of the artifice of their persona, but they use it nonetheless as a way of finding some sense of belonging and involvement in the world. When they are more troubled, Social Fours fear social humiliation to such a degree that they may retreat from much social contact, becoming isolated and reclusive."

"Can be highly self-critical and feel ashamed for their deviance from imagined group norms. Sensitive to criticism. May romanticize their defects but feel bad about themselves anyway." (I think it's in your body image that you're most self-critical, but I'm open to being wrong)

"And shame motivates you to do better – create an elegant image, produce pride of elitism, look unique and special – in short develop counter-shame. You may become an emotional truth teller in the group. You channel envy in these ways. But at your worst, shame can lead to retraction into self-absorption, depression and even despair"

This is how I see you. I see you wanting to produce an image of elegance and sensuality, and that you are an "emotional truth-teller" When you talk about enjoying the "classier" clubs or saying that you won't ever go out without make-up, and also saying that while your mom and sister think you dress up too much, you think they don't put enough effort into their appearance. It's an image of glamour that you seem to be going for, and most admire. Not a socialite or pretty princess or whatever you thought I was saying. And so isn't about how much you socialize, or how talkative or extroverted you are.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, that's quite interesting, squark, but isn't E4 heart/image triad already, which would mean concerned with the persona, where the real self is replaced by the persona that will get them the most approval and the goal is validation and acceptance?

I mean, I don't argue with so stacking and not so stacking, but doesn't it seem surplus?

And yes, Starfall does have a history of super elegant club pics, the ones I would draw my terminal breath in, and would have to pay for broken windows, not to mention I have always associated SLEs with Fe, and those pics people post of SLEs, their boyfriends and such, look Fe-ish to me and this is one of the reasons I wouldn't last long in company of those Beta fine people.

I'll stick to pubs where stuff is cheap, no amny of them left though, and 4-6 people maximum.

Okay, I take that back, the windows part, that was an accident, I don't go breaking windows and things like that.
    Last edited by Absurd; 12-08-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Hmm, that's quite interesting, squark, but isn't E4 heart/image triad already, which would mean concerned with the persona, where the real self is replaced by the persona that will get them the most approval and the goal is validation and acceptance?

I mean, I don't argue with so stacking and not so stacking, but doesn't it seem surplus?
    Well, the so instinct accentuates that focus. The sx instinct in 4s gives a different impression and they come across as far more emotional, throwing themselves into their feelings in a way that sp and so do not. Being very cautious with her boyfriend by making him wait months before she'd have sex with him shows fireyed as someone not prone to get carried away with feelings, and keeps some distance and objectivity. I've never known an sx 4 to behave like that. They seem more likely to quickly and deeply involve themselves in a relationship, and are totally in love one day, and the next day they hate the other person, and then the day after they're totally in love again, gushing praises and holding nothing back. Not always so extreme, but I have seen them like that.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's, again, interesting - subtypes within subtypes. Anyhow, I'm going to have to spend some amount of time on this. I'm not saying you're wrong, it can be actually spot on, then again I have never focused on most people on here, so I'm outta here for now.

Hmm, that would mean though her boyfriend isn't sx/so.
    Last edited by Absurd; 12-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    so 4: actually i have no idea what so 4s look like.
    Okay, thanks

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets go to subtypes of subtypes of subtypes. It will be much more transparent than the relatively opaque subtypes of subtypes.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not obsessed with public figures (idk where you got that one). Though I occasionally engage in gossip, I hardly ever engage in it at work, even when pressured to. As far as physical ideals (you're referring to my weight gain dilemma?) that was mostly encouraged by my boyfriend nagging me about it for two years (I believe his instinct stacking is probably sx/so) and also related to health issues.

I feel like most people here visualize me to be this materialistic, pretty princess who likes to go out and socialize 24/7 (that actually describes my boyfriend pretty accurately, minus the princess part). Truthfully, that could not be further from the truth from what I'm like irl, and it's one of the things that me and my boyfriend clash the most on. He constantly criticizes me for not being more socially aware.

The instinct stacking I relate to the most would be sp followed by sx, though, occasionally the focus shifts and I relate to the latter more than the former. The stacking which seems the most foreign to me is so, and I relate to those descriptions the least. My stacking are most likely sp/sx, those descriptions seem to make the most sense and I can relate to them the most.

I hate your boyfriend. He seems like a massive dick. I hope he is at least extremely attractive or good at sex or something.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, let's antagonise him and stone him. War everywhere...

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you find out which of these you are? I've read descriptions of each of these, and they all vary wildly from one description to the next.

ETA: I voted so/sx not because the descriptions fit best, but no one else here voted that and I wanted to be unique.
    Last edited by Animal; 12-09-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I think sx/sp describes me, but sometimes when I read various descriptions of the instincts and their stackings, I question if any of it would actually describe me.

Basically, I tend to jump in fully into a project, a relationship, a course, whatever. I'm sure and confident and positive that this is the route I want to go into. But then soon after jumping in I start questioning it, questioning myself, etc. I start reigning myself in, pulling back, trying to disengage from the emotions and obsessive thoughts, until I've pulled back so far that I have difficulty re-engaging into it. My attention turns towards something else, and the whole cycle repeats with something/someone new. My house is littered with project resources left over from these attempts. ...
    Going by some of the stories you posted in other threads this preference to jump into things is what stood out for me so I think self-preservation last so/sx stacking would be a good fit. It's just difficult to see you as anything else than sp-last since you don't shy away from putting yourself in potentially dangerous situations where others would think twice. The "litter" around your house may also be indicative of disinterest around handling the sp issues.

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I think the vast majority of people type sp/sx or sx/sp.
    The sx-lasts are deemed creepy in the composite image threads Galen has made.
    That's just so-lasts being rejective of their so instinct There are definitely more negative stereotypes about sx-lasts going around making those of sp/so and so/sp stackings type into anything else but that.

I recently stumbled upon Michelle Pfeiffer as an example of sp/so discussed on enneagram boards. She looks classically sp/so, with diminutive features and a bright open look, and doesn't seem creepy at all:

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    How do you find out which of these you are? I've read descriptions of each of these, and they all vary wildly from one description to the next.
    I've included a few links in the OP if you want to read about the instincts in more detail. My initial hunch is so/sp as your stacking since "cultural enlightenment" seems to be one of your themes and you don't seem to be comfortable in some of the messier social scenes.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx/sp or sp/sx. I'm iffy about instinctual variants anyway. When none of the enneagram sources can agree on ANYTHING about any of them, it makes me suspicious. I guess I could just make up my own definition that makes sense to me, but that makes me no better than those who use tritypes.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fuck nuggets. I think it's sx/so after all. Then I read an E9 sx description and osdvn;sefcam I have no idea what I'm doing.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I recently stumbled upon Michelle Pfeiffer as an example of sp/so discussed on enneagram boards. She looks classically sp/so, with diminutive features and a bright open look, and doesn't seem creepy at all:

holy shit, my sp/so Si-LSE friend has the exact same expression in his face all the time.
    Johari Nohari

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've included a few links in the OP if you want to read about the instincts in more detail. My initial hunch is so/sp as your stacking since "cultural enlightenment" seems to be one of your themes and you don't seem to be comfortable in some of the messier social scenes.
    Thanks. According to those... so/sx actually seems to be correct for me. So, I maybe didn't mess up your poll, after all. The thing is, it's very easy for me to accept this stacking when I look at each of these instincts individually. I can think: yes, my greatest source of preoccupation and insecurity tend to be in the social realm: where do I stand in relation to other human beings, what does it mean to be human, and what are the peculiarities of being born into this sort of existence as this sort of hairless ape? Then, the sexual instinct feels much more intrinsic to what motivates me from day-to-day than the self-preservation instinct. I'm much more comfortable one-on-one than in groups, and the source of my depression in the past seems to have been having this need for passion frustrated or subjugated in favor of more "practical" matters.

But the implications of this don't add up when I put them together. When I look at the descriptions in your second link (or many of the varying descriptions on the Enneagram sites). I feel like I lack the apparent disregard for creature comforts or physical security or aesthetic sensibilities depicted in sp-last descriptions. It's not what drives me, however, and I tend to get a lot of flack (especially from my family) for not thinking about "settling down/having a career/getting the whole white-picket fence enchilada." I think that innate drive is what these instincts are supposed to be pointing to, right? But every description of so/sp/sx or so/sx/sp is different. As for so/sp... I think I know the sort of person that fits this description, and they seem quite a bit more politically-motivated and socially-skilled than I perceive myself.

So anyway... as you can plainly tell, like @squirreltual, I have no idea what I'm doing, either.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    sx/sp or sp/sx. I'm iffy about instinctual variants anyway. When none of the enneagram sources can agree on ANYTHING about any of them, it makes me suspicious. I guess I could just make up my own definition that makes sense to me, but that makes me no better than those who use tritypes.
    ^THIS! So much this!!
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going by some of the stories you posted in other threads this preference to jump into things is what stood out for me so I think self-preservation last so/sx stacking would be a good fit. It's just difficult to see you as anything else than sp-last since you don't shy away from putting yourself in potentially dangerous situations where others would think twice. The "litter" around your house may also be indicative of disinterest around handling the sp issues.
    Jumping into things has more to do with seeking to be "stimulated, energized, and engaged" which in the descriptions in the links given is related to sx, not sp nor so.

The "litter" is there because of sx and sp. Also because I don't know how to anticipate my future interests. My issue there has to do with planning difficulties and fluctuating energy levels. My home drives me nuts, and is one of a few reasons why I daydream of running away from it. I am also Neurotic, and the unhealthy sp shows up quite well in that sense. I see no conflict between the 'litter' and me being sx/sp with NeFi, (nor with general Ep temperament).

Also, I tend to test sp first.
    I know that sp descriptions play quite strongly in my attitudes, actions, and daydreamings. But I'm willing entertain the idea that it's related to e6ness not sp. For me, they seem so entwined that I don't know how to fully differentiate them.
    Despite tending to test sp first, I think the sx instinct is stronger.

Results from test of OP's first link:
    Instinctual variant theory holds that your instinctual drives can be divided into three forces. The Sexual force drives you to seek closeness, like you would experience in a strong romantic relationship or a close friendship. The Social force drives you to consider the wider community, where you and others stand, what everyone thinks/feels/needs of you and what you think/feel/need of them. The Self Preservation force drives you to maintain individual concerns - security, health, comfort, etc.. Each person will have a different mix of these three variants. Your results suggest the following mix:

Sexual |||||||||||| 38%
    Social ||||||||| 30%
    Self Preservation ||||||||||||||| 46%
    (no, I didn,t answer in the hopes of achieving a specific scoring. When I take these kinds of tests, I answer each individual question as honestly as I can, even if I don't personally care for my own answer. Nor do I particularly care how all the answers work together to lead to a result until AFTER the test is finished and I've nothing left to do but analyze the results with the questions asked.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what to think about that test. I took it twice, trying to be as objective as possible and varying answers for the second go-through that I thought could be seen slightly differently. It gave me:

Sexual ||||||||||||||||||||| 66%
    Social ||||||||||||||| 50%
    Self Preservation ||||||||| 26%

and

Sexual ||||||||||||||||||||| 66%
    Social ||||||||||||||| 46%
    Self Preservation ||||||||| 30%

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense taken. I'm not very educated about enneagram, so your output is actually interesting. Do you have a link to the video? .
    This is the post I was talking about: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post921292 I saw the video awhile back, and haven't rewatched it yet since I saw Galen post it, but from what I remember it's informative and should be helpful.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Social ||||||||||||||| 46%
    Self Preservation |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many years ago there was a discussion which ended with the idea that tests may only work when considered over a probabilistic distribution i.e. note the results over a statistically significant period of time. I guess if you are trying to capture a 'composite' of behavior or self image then that might be the way to go.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most people peg me as sp-sx
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ironically enough, you seem like the kind of person that he'd have a huge massive crush on. I'm not even joking. He has a big thing for intelligent people who put him in his place. SLE's are weird as fuck.
    Eww. Just don't let Martisa type him. She'll be trying to set us up for sure since you're not IEI and I am. Lolz

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the test too.

Instinctual variant theory holds that your instinctual drives can be divided into three forces. The Sexual force drives you to seek closeness, like you would experience in a strong romantic relationship or a close friendship. The Social force drives you to consider the wider community, where you and others stand, what everyone thinks/feels/needs of you and what you think/feel/need of them. The Self Preservation force drives you to maintain individual concerns - security, health, comfort, etc.. Each person will have a different mix of these three variants. Your results suggest the following mix:

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
    Social ||||||||||||||| 48%
    Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sp/So 4 could fit but test showed So slightly in lead so ended up with So/Sx or So/Sp.

Really though I don't know.
    Last edited by Hays; 12-13-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast