Thread: sp/sx: relate?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default sp/sx: relate?

just when i decided sx/sp might be a better fit @woofwoofl copied this thing in fenryrrs thread that was...holy shit on target.

does anybody else relate to this? especially sp/sx types? am i not so weird?

sp/sx also has an inverted narcissism (perhaps distorted exhibitionism is more accurate). There's an impulse to open the raincoat and reveal cancerous lesions covering the torso and genitalia. Festering wounds with a stench. It sometimes seems to be a challenge issued around deep, deep bonding: This is me; How real are you willing to be? Psychic nudity/revelation that, in itself, threatens the sp/sx with self-destruction....or at least social self-destruction, which is part of the distilling process toward the one-to-one uber-bond. There's an element of all that with sx in general but sp/sx, in this mode, prefers it truly organically grotesque, leaving a stain and a scar that's hard to interpret.

sp/sx has a self-undermining undertow current. That slow slurping sucking sound in the basement. Curls them into themselves, and actually away from outer resources (soc-world). The lack of air makes the pool stagnant; it festers, expands/ferments, gets hotter and hotter.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it has about as much to do with sp/sx ness as it has to do with the miasma, flogiston, the tooth fairy and money multiplier theory but shit, that sounds familiar.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm on my period right now. A few of the girls I follow on tumblr take pictures of their blood clot soaked panties while they're on the toilet and post them for all to see. I wouldn't go that far but I totally "get it." Can u handle it bitch lol. When I try to look at it from an outside view it seems so silly but it is what it is.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually i understand the symbolism of that lungs, i'd also not do it myself but yeah i get it. It's bare bones, it's watch me bleed, it's see my pain, it's look deeper, it's many things more or else.

I'm sp/sx i thought i was sx/sp until i read the descriptions in relation to enneagram. The 7 with sp/sx is a much closer fit than the 7 with sx/sp. But alone without enneagram sx/sp seemed a better fit. Have you looked at that angle?

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I'm sp/sx i thought i was sx/sp until i read the descriptions in relation to enneagram. The 7 with sp/sx is a much closer fit than the 7 with sx/sp. But alone without enneagram sx/sp seemed a better fit. Have you looked at that angle?
    ^ Helen makes a good point. Looking at the stackings in conjunction with your enneagram type can make it much clearer.

Creepy-pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    ^ Helen makes a good point. Looking at the stackings in conjunction with your enneagram type can make it much clearer.
    It is. There are themes too, for example, mind triad + sp/sx will often be guardians of sorts. They must oversee and guard their own as they conceptualize everyone in their mind, of course.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I read woof's quote I immediately thought of you @lungs with your pictures of people's innards. A question that came to mind though was what about those people who don't see themselves as having "festering wounds and cancerous lesions" to expose? It seems like there would also be sp/sx people who have an entirely different view of themselves - although the desire to be known or seen would still be there.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

When I read woof's quote I immediately thought of you @lungs with your pictures of people's innards. A question that came to mind though was what about those people who don't see themselves as having "festering wounds and cancerous lesions" to expose? It seems like there would also be sp/sx people who have an entirely different view of themselves - although the desire to be known or seen would still be there.
    thats a good question. i think everybody has "festering wounds" and its an intrinsic part of the experience for me. for me its not just about being known but about being accepted, about weeding out people who can't handle it. if it was just about being seen without the part about ugliness, it would be an entirely different feeling than what i know. don't know how that fits into the sp/sx schema.

tbh i'm not all that concerned with my type, i was just kind of blown away when i read what woof posted.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    thats a good question. i think everybody has "festering wounds" and its an intrinsic part of the experience for me. for me its not just about being known but about being accepted, about weeding out people who can't handle it. if it was just about being seen without the part about ugliness, it would be an entirely different feeling than what i know. don't know how that fits into the sp/sx schema.

tbh i'm not all that concerned with my type, i was just kind of blown away when i read what woof posted.
    Warning: "thinking out loud" follows, possible conjecture, take with grain or twenty of salt:

"weeding people out" is where sp comes most into play imo. You protect yourself by finding out who can take it. I don't think sx/so for instance would be as focused on the aspect of testing people for their ability to handle/accept what you have to show. sx/sp would though. I think sx/sp is more likely to show too much, then withdraw when someone can't take it, while sp/sx is more likely to be very cautious in what they show, testing in smaller increments. They want to just throw it all out there, but can't bring themselves to do it. maybe, maybe . . .

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    WTF SP/SX. i usually relate to sp/sx descriptions but then again, I don't really feel like i have wounds to hide.it's just that society does not inspire trust .quite on the contrary,the whole so construct looks like an ensemble of wounds and when you walk on a pool of wounds it starts to look like.............................................k etchup
    You 'vibe' as sp/so to me. There is certain lightness, airiness, like stream of fresh breeze that flows through your posts which hints at valued social instinct.

They talk about the common denominators of life, food, sex, relationships but with a certain social unawareness that leads them to saying things that others may consider too intimately revealing and inappropriate. I referenced Louis C.K. in fen's typing thread as an example of a famous sp/sx person, and if you listen to some of his comedy he goes into describing the fights he has with his kids in minute detail, his wife was giving him a hand-job, says things like "I'd like to rape ******" or talks about eating endangered species, which some may deem improper. Sx/sp's are likewise 'blurtateous' but from what I have seen they need to be drawn out and usually withdraw once they can sense that they have said too much. With the sx instinct primary there is stronger focus on personal attractiveness, wanting to be liked or admired by certain individuals. The later desire leads them to try to heighten and enhance their personal qualities and to try to present themselves in a more dignified manner.

re: the sp/sx quote, the original author of that was dfgray, himself a certified sp/sx 9 and a kind of semi-celebrity of EIDB
    there was actually more to it that woof hasn't included - here is the whole thing:

On sp/sx

Posted - 19 Aug 2011 : 4:17:00 PM
    Sp/sx always feels like there's a membrane around them. it takes a bit for what you said to sink into them, and when they 'give' you something, it's like that bit has hit their membrane and bounced back at them back and fourth for a while, stewing in itself, before reaching you.

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 09:56:23 AM
    sp/sx also has an inverted narcissism (perhaps distorted exhibitionism is more accurate). There's an impulse to open the raincoat and reveal cancerous lesions covering the torso and genitalia. Festering wounds with a stench. It sometimes seems to be a challenge issued around deep, deep bonding: This is me; How real are you willing to be? Psychic nudity/revelation that, in itself, threatens the sp/sx with self-destruction....or at least social self-destruction, which is part of the distilling process toward the one-to-one uber-bond. There's an element of all that with sx in general but sp/sx, in this mode, prefers it truly organically grotesque, leaving a stain and a scar that's hard to interpret.

Posted - 15 Aug 2012 : 11:59:30 AM
    sp/sx has a self-undermining undertow current. That slow slurping sucking sound in the basement. Curls them into themselves, and actually away from outer resources (soc-world). The lack of air makes the pool stagnant; it festers, expands/ferments, gets hotter and hotter.

Sx charged static ping-ponging inside the hard sp shell -- the release valves sealed off by the shell. A pressure cooker. The anger is partly at how the self is diminishing the self -- hollowing out (from the inside) the strength of the sp wall/boundary.

Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 11:47:30 PM
    I can relate to the sp/sx body language examples, the protected come hither especially. I also find myself posing or positioning my body a lot until I feel aesthetically comfortable with how I'm "arranged". "Just so". Like a cat. But yes, I do tend to pose. Am not sure how many sp/sx's I've known, but that's part of the element I see in some is a sort of natural but warm and heavy "firmth" that feels able to be posed (whether conscious or not).

Sx in sp/sx strikes me as a certain kind of problem. It's a wet mess; a flame flaring up against its own will, brightening tall with exhibitionism and expanding red in shame. Imagine a fire beginning next to you, and your impulse is to extinguish it with a bucket of kerosene. Imagine not being able to un-know that that's how fires are put out, and the continual historical aftermaths left in your wake.

Posted - 26 Aug 2011 : 9:37:27 PM
    sp/sx: Imagine a garden-like place where semi-eroticised psycho-emotional nudity is exchanged....two people in an intimate space, sharing the same apple, transferrring saliva and experiencing the cool inside of the fruit together, simultaneously. [This is sexual-second-ness.] ...At the same time, in the jungle of neurotic overemphasis, the boundary between you and other 'animals' is the imperative need, always on alert. The combined stew of these elements creates a certain style of vigilence and agitation.

The sexual energy, because of its underbelly of polar reactivity, smolders and some portion of it eventually sours in the tightly-sealed container (it's not given free flow); the bacteria creates a second burgeoning culture that presses at the seams, swelling with a fever. And because social is last, there's an unintelligence about how it looks from the outside, so 'the problem', in contrast to sp/so irritiability, takes on more offbeat forms, which tends to 'lose people'....without the loss fully registering.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...inct-scrapheap

WTF SP/SX. i usually relate to sp/sx descriptions but then again, I don't really feel like i have wounds to hide.it's just that society does not inspire trust .quite on the contrary,the whole so construct looks like an ensemble of wounds and when you walk on a pool of wounds it starts to look like.............................................k etchup

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cancerous legions? What is this?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a type 4 sp-sx description.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sx in sp/sx strikes me as a certain kind of problem. It's a wet mess; a flame flaring up against its own will, brightening tall with exhibitionism and expanding red in shame. Imagine a fire beginning next to you, and your impulse is to extinguish it with a bucket of kerosene. Imagine not being able to un-know that that's how fires are put out, and the continual historical aftermaths left in your wake.
    I can relate to this quote a lot and the others as well as my entire life has basically been my sp trying to put a lid on my maniacal sx behaviour. I find it funny how sx lasts think I should get rid of the behaviour completely, while sx firsts think there's no need to ration it as it should come naturally. I am always trying to balance it out though with only some success so far.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Cancerous legions? What is this?
    this would make for a good Stephen King film

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I can relate to this quote a lot and the others as well as my entire life has basically been my sp trying to put a lid on my maniacal sx behaviour. I find it funny how sx lasts think I should get rid of the behaviour completely, while sx firsts think there's no need to ration it as it should come naturally. I am always trying to balance it out though with only some success so far.
    not sure why but you 'vibe' more as sx/sp to me, I guess comparing the tone in your posts to sp/sx 9s like hitta, bg, dfgray something doesn't match up

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    this would make for a good Stephen King film

not sure why but you 'vibe' more as sx/sp to me, I guess comparing the tone in your posts to sp/sx 9s like hitta, bg, dfgray something doesn't match up
    I won't rule it out as a possibility as I've considered sx/sp before. In real life though I come across as more subdued then I do online and the only forum member to have met me in real life was SL who said sp/sx fit me well.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Creepy-pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    just when i decided sx/sp might be a better fit @woofwoofl copied this thing in fenryrrs thread that was...holy shit on target.

does anybody else relate to this? especially sp/sx types? am i not so weird?
    Yes. Its both the want to leave a mark on those of close relation, and the lack of ability to relate to the external world of opportunity -- "No, I will take care of myself. It is my fault that I was not good enough, and I will receive my punishment. I have failed those within my kingdom, and it is my pain to burden myself with." With this sort of self-infliction within the negative light of an sp/sx would also come the idea that external resources could have been asked for, to which these self-inflicted pains could have been avoided. Leaving a mark on others, the same mark inflicted on self, is the bond of expression. "See my pain as only I know it. Bond with me."

Creepy-pikachu

"sp/sx: Imagine a garden-like place where semi-eroticised psycho-emotional nudity is exchanged....two people in an intimate space, sharing the same apple, transferrring saliva and experiencing the cool inside of the fruit together, simultaneously. [This is sexual-second-ness.] ...At the same time, in the jungle of neurotic overemphasis, the boundary between you and other 'animals' is the imperative need, always on alert. The combined stew of these elements creates a certain style of vigilence and agitation."

omg /fap lol

Thats one of the hottest things Ive ever read.