Thread: How to meet IEIs-INFps?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aubzatuck View Post
    I don't mean to be another new person who brings up an old thread, but I'm really glad DJ Arendee shared this. I would've never guessed the SLE's that I often become so painfully aware of would be feeling awkward. It usually feels the other way around, with the SLE's being on the edge of the world and me off to the side wondering why the heck it's so hard to approach them. They're always just RIGHT THERE. I swear, they place themselves so annoyingly in my view and they do it on purpose. Once I realize they've done it on purpose, it becomes impossible for me to talk to them, because I feel pressured. They make things SO DIFFICULT. I could rant for weeks about SLE's, but I won't. Not now, anyways.
    emotivist/constructivist

just gotta sex your own ass until you get the courage to speak to us.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echan View Post
    Well if this isn't #awkward...

Seriously though this is just some kinda joke thread isn't it? I mean what am I even doing telling someone to get out there, party and take up more sports? and what is socially awkward me doing teaching someone how to socialize? If I knew this kind of guy irl I would probably be the one dragging him to 2934632587173491 clubs and events and I thought it was supposed to the other way around yo.
    just keep sexin ur ass gurl. ur doin it right.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haii boy. U meet ne INFp's aunts, dogs, socks, cheese graters l8ly?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    emotivist/constructivist

just gotta sex your own ass until you get the courage to speak to us.
    I would sex my ass in a heartbeat if I knew how. It sounds like fun

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    how the hell do you sex your ass?
    Like this

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echan View Post
    lolol awesome video.

You could try out social gatherings that are focused on doing (fun) things together instead of just talking and "getting to know you better", as with the case in church... however there is a limit to "knowing you better" in church because the questions will revolve around the usual stuff, if you don't feel like you're too cold-blooded for church and don't enjoy it, you're in the wrong group.

Suggestions:

- drinking parties. whenever I go to one I immediately chug down several cans of alcohol to overcome shyness and anxiety. even if you can't contribute anything funny despite having tried your best to drink yourself silly, you will automatically seem more approachable and someone might just approach you and be like "dude are you ok?" and you can get a small conversation going.
    OMG WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO ME. YOU EVIL FUCKER ESTP!!!!!!!!!!!

- food/birthday parties. even if you don't say anything, well, at least you can enjoy the food lol. it's even better if you help out with the cooking (I suck at cooking but I've helped out quite a lot anyway and it's great for bonding with people)
    - table tennis parties.
    WTF HAVE YOU BEEN TRYING TO DO TO ME
    - sports clubs > gym. If you see a badly coordinated INFp fumbling around that's your chance to go up to them and teach them how to do whatever it is they're fucking up on. if the club goes drinking every week or now and then, even better. could be anything from tennis/badminton, hiking, white water rafting, kayaking, bushwalking, bowling, or even fishing (ZZZ). basically anything with adventure!!!
    - invite your friends and their friends to go to any sort of event/festival/outing an IEI looking for an "adventure" might just pop up lol.

I used to dislike groups for the same reason too but I later found myself being more comfortable in groups because it takes the responsibility off me to talk and entertain and I can just sit there (and drink/eat lol) and watch others do funny stuff and basically immerse myself in the fun atmosphere, occasionally joining in if I feel like it.

The key is to not worry about having to talk and say the right things or making an impression or whatever it is that you're worrying about and just try to get whatever enjoyment you can get out of it whether it's by doing something you like or just being surrounded by fun people and entertaining yourself by watching them. If it gets too awkward, grab for the food or drinks or get out your mobile phone until someone approaches you.

Also if you spot an IEI in the group that hasn't been talking for more than 5 minutes and is just sitting/standing there, that's the perfect time to approach them and strike up a conversation. I don't think you need to worry about what to say because most people in that situation would just be glad to have someone save them from the boredom/awkwardness. You could start by commenting on their appearance though, for example there was once this guy I'd met at a group gathering and he was making comments like "hey about your hair... is that a wig? looks nice" or "oh your wallet is brand X! you rich girl "

Most importantly, make use of physical proximity. Above guy made quite an impression on me because he often made eye contact with me (checking out my hair? lol) and after a while he moved from the opposite side of the table and sat down next to me which I was quite happy about Try to "touch without touching" that is, to touch indirectly with your eyes or whatever, hard to explain lol.

Example of physical proximity done wrong: I once hung out with a guy who would try to take photos of me while I wasn't watching or like pat the snow off of my jacket (where do you think you're touching who gave you permission #@$@(#%@#()%) and that pissed me off so much that he was one of the few people who went into my "black list". Then again maybe it's just me lol.
    i HAVE NOTHING TO SAY EXCEPT WHAT I SAID IS ALL BULLSHEISSE.

JUST

I WANTED TO START OUT BY RESAYING AND CORRECTING MYSELF THAT YOU BELONG WITH A FEMO ANE-WAY INFJ LIKE MYSELF WHO PRETENDS TO BE INFP FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND THEN POPS UP FROM UNDER THE WATERS (EXCUSE THE TOUCHY FEELY PUN) PARODYING AN INTJ AND INFJ.

ANEWAY

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO ME AND EXPERIMENTING WITH ME.

WHERE IS FABIO

BRING HIM OUT. WHAT A TROLL.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best place to find me is the internet, thus my conclusion that we plague the internet.

Edit: Do I want to know what weirdness is above me?

Edit 2: I looked, and the answer is no.

Oh, and I typically lurk, but any questioning about the self will draw me in. It is a form of narcissism that makes myself tend towards introspection. Some people would consider it depressing, what I think about.

BULLSHEISE? Huh. Sounds like a guy I know who is a candidate for INFp.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 01-08-2015 at 01:12 PM.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Best place to find me is the internet, thus my conclusion that we plague the internet.

Edit: Do I want to know what weirdness is above me?

Edit 2: I looked, and the answer is no.

Oh, and I typically lurk, but any questioning about the self will draw me in. It is a form of narcissism that makes myself tend towards introspection. Some people would consider it depressing, what I think about.

BULLSHEISE? Huh. Sounds like a guy I know who is a candidate for INFp.

ANEWAY,,,

Stop calling me a guy I am not Ekun(TM) on here I'm Echan.

Maybe you should hop over to my Japanese class to get your suffixes right.
    Last edited by echan; 02-01-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you AzureFlamebro.

I have trouble socializing myself.
    I'm always ostracized by my friends, so much they only are there for me as imaginary friends nowadays.
    This has happened ever since I developed a new multiple personality and scored the ESTp.
    Sigh.
    I've been roleplaying so much these days I just changed around.
    Sigh.
    What happened to my aneway Ne? How did it get so fucked up?
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm not sure. They are homebodies like I am. @Aylen...what would you suggest?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'm not sure. They are homebodies like I am. @Aylen...what would you suggest?
    Let's hold hands while we cross the zebra crossing in Japan.

This is good for Africa-Japan relations.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12