User Tag List

Thread: I can't even remember my username

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face I can't even remember my username

Hello everybody and every body!
    I so excited about finding this forum that I can't even remember my special username! (which was a suggestion by a dictionary when I wrote my name into it (with all Lithuanian letters). I was expecting something "meaningful" and what a success! A large old-fashioned bus, "perfectly describes me", oh well.
    I am very disappointed that such cool thing as socionics isn't very popular in my country, however, I am glad that being a part of this (foreign to me) community will probably help to improve my supertiny English knowledge. I am here because one of my friends infected me with this stuff and even though I find myself hard to memorize all the terms and other theoretical part of socionics, the contemplation about human beings is a big part of my life so I believe that identifying the types of other people is really useful.
    Moreover, I am knee-deep in finding who the person named Myself really is so I would really appreciate if any of you could help me solving my dilemma which is:
    few years ago I did several tests and they "decided" that I am EII. While my friend (who is knee-deep in socionics and MBTI) strongly believes that I am LII. It is true that I make logical decisions more often than the ones based on emotions, but deep inside me the ethical aspects of life are really important to me and I have really strong feelings for almost everything. The fact is that no one is able to see these emotions. Though, my psychiatrist says it's just because I am schizoid (I even had spent a month in a hospital due to this and I have still been taking the cure for more than year). When talking about the MBTI, I formerly have been more like F and after a while I "became" more like T.
    SOOOO, am I LII because I'm schizoid or am I actually EII but look like LII because I'm schizoid? My friend upholds the view that person's type doesn't ever change during whole life. Is it true?

TIM
    optifree
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome! We here will surely solve your dillema...

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

keep posting, we'll get there, and YES post pics that helps me a ton

Anyhow, Smilingeyes sez it's possible to cycle through same-temperament types in any currently adjacent quadra, most people here think type is static afaik, I see myself as 160 pounds of meat, hair, bones, and water, and as far as I'm concerned, these arrangements of three capital letters to assign to people is a close-fit thing to conveniently describe functions/IEs and how they're weighted and arranged, with subtypes going into more explicit detail whenever possible, necessary, etc.; stuff like inert/contact, DCNH, and the like are things I quietly keep in mind when I'm looking to see how and where some people are having to-me unexpected advantages over the other person, disconnects/connects between each other, stuff like that, also Enneagram's pretty cool for that, and within that, stackings, triads, etc.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Chara...

Well, you could just look at the primary functions of the two types and weigh them against each other. My gut says LII from your op, but plenty EII's can come across as LII to others. Have a look at these descriptions for the lead functions of both types.

"Description of The LII

Ego block
    Introverted Logic (Ti, )

LIIs are adept at organizing their understanding into structured thought. They may organize their cogitations into categories, diagrams, formulaic descriptions, or complex step by step explanations. LIIs may have an uncanny knack for understanding, constructing, and deconstructing the abstract and delicate internal workings of abstract systems like computers, natural phenomena, gadgets, abstract concepts, mathematical equations, and anything that captures their interest. They may be extremely precise in their understanding and can tend strive for highly detailed realizations. They can be skilled at synthesizing new information and incorporating into their established categories. They are often attracted to fields like mathematics, physics, chemistry, or other areas of study that deal with highly structured information systems.
    LIIs are often highly attuned to the premises of logical consistency and adherence to predefined principles. They may use such unifying principles as a basis off of which to make normative or philosophical judgments and often seek to communicate these ideas to others. LIIs can be difficult for others to understand because they tend to avoid explaining the intermediate steps in their reasoning, seeing only the conclusion as important.
    LIIs are, in the colloquial sense, highly rational creatures and may pride themselves on so being. They may live highly structured or regimented lifestyles and can be quite proactive."

"Description of The EII

Ego block

Introverted Ethics (Fi, )

EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction and to their own feelings towards people and things. They treasure deep feelings of attachment and strive to deepen emotional bonds between people and harmonize relationships. When those people that the EII is close to suffer emotionally, the EII will do everything in her power to raise the emotional condition in the individual, often at the EII's expense.
    EIIs are very capable of "sizing people up". They rely heavily on their instincts to understand the inner feelings of an individual. They are very empathetic people and find it very easy to feel with others. This makes them very sensitive to the moods of people, and they treat them the way they want to be treated, that is, with respect."

Both LII and EII have Ne () in the second position of the ego block.

It may be more difficult to decipher if you are taking meds... i'm not sure why it should be though.

Oh gosh, messy post, am super tired...ugh, need sleep.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, type does not change at all.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Oh gosh, messy post, am super tired...ugh, need sleep.
    get sleep
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Yes, type does not change at all.
    Don't people on your list change at all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your attention, I really appreciate it a lot!
    I read HelenOfTroy's descriptions and there are some thoughts which popped out:
    Description of The LII
    LIIs are adept at organizing their understanding into structured thought. They may organize their cogitations into categories, diagrams, formulaic descriptions, or complex step by step explanations.
    I always am trying to find the logical explanation for everything, however I barely believe in stuff which is only theoretical, I always need a proof that it's right. I am really bad in memorizing stuff by reading theory - I find visual stuff more useful and meaningful for me. When I need to memorize something, I mostly draw my own pictures even if they're understandable only for me and other people doesn't see any sense in them. I like "coding" every information into numbers and combinations of them and I do it in a very complicated (in general) way, but it seems more interesting and meaningful for me.
    LIIs may have an uncanny knack for understanding ... of abstract systems like computers, ... , gadgets ...
    dude, I am studying Informatics O.O What is more, I have always been interested in "how does this thing work? Let's dismantle it and see..." Physics and Chemistry are like Gods to me, but I really sucked at school because I only was interested in WHAT is happening but never was able to explain WHY.
    ...mathematical equations...
    I like numbers, but I really hate Math. My brain is not able to process integrals, differentials... yada yada yada. Even though I like computers and am studying Informatics, I honestly hate programming which is also a mathematical thing.
    They are often attracted to fields like mathematics, physics, chemistry, or other areas of study that deal with highly structured information systems.
    As I mentioned above, I love concepts of these sciences but I really suck at them in general.
    LIIs can be difficult for others to understand because they tend to avoid explaining the intermediate steps in their reasoning, seeing only the conclusion as important.
    not exactly true. I hate being misunderstood so I mostly spend a lot of time explaining the trivia of my perceptions (but it is true that I am difficult for others to understand because of my "original" way of contemplation.) Moreover, many people say that I get too picky when I try to perceive ideas of other people or when I try to explain mine.
    LIIs are, in the colloquial sense, highly rational creatures and may pride themselves on so being. They may live highly structured or regimented lifestyles and can be quite proactive.
    I am not quite sure about myself being proactive.
    Description of The EII
    EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction and to their own feelings towards people and things.
    I used to be very much like this before my depressive times. Now I am more tolerant to people whose perception and beliefs are utterly impossible for me. I do not judge them for doing something what is absolutely unacceptable for me and I do not try to moralize about that (however, there is one exception - my ex ESI who is very intolerant for people who are not like him, ESPECIALLY he shows a lot of intolerance for me so finally I lost my patience and started acting without any (for me) sense, started being a drama queen with him because it's the only way he understands what I mean and what I want from him. Even more, I started moralizing a lot to him about loyalty (he has a new partner now, but still tries to hook up with me at the same time; when I told him "you can't have all the girls at the same time" he said "but I still can try...")
    They treasure deep feelings of attachment and strive to deepen emotional bonds between people and harmonize relationships.
    SO TRUE even now. I hate being conflictual person, I hate arguing and I would really like my relationships with every people being as much humane as possible. When I see people thinking or doing "wrong" my way, I do not try to "fix" them and do not shove my opinion to them if they're not asking me for it.
    When those people that the EII is close to suffer emotionally, the EII will do everything in her power to raise the emotional condition in the individual, often at the EII's expense.
    I really care about the people (deep inside me; I do not know how to show it to them as I am schizoid. Social interactions are really hard for me, BUT I would really like to be able to show my all sympathy externally. I struggle a lot when I need to find right words to comfort person. Basically, I just sit and listen to them, give a lot of attention to them and want them to know that I'm the one who will always be there if they need me. Sometimes I have even spent a whole night listening to my roommate just because she had emotional issues and needed a person to be with her; and I didn't care that I should have studied that night for my test next day. My brain understands that most important thing for me should be hitting the highest scores as I am a maximalist and I was educated to be always the best. When someone needs my advice I always say "trust the brain more because trusting the heart can hurt you more" and I always try to use this advice myself, but oftentimes I end up with an emotional crisis because of doing that. However, if I ignored my brain and started doing what my heart says, I would get really angry with myself because I say to myself "I know that heart makes no sense". I AM SO CONFUSED ABOUT THIS #%IT!!
    They rely heavily on their instincts to understand the inner feelings of an individual.
    I think I do. I do not know if I'm successful at this, but I try to be as much as it is possible to me with all my personality disorders.
    They are very empathetic people and find it very easy to feel with others.
    Unfortunatelly I sruggle a lot at this point. However, this is the main bogey of being a schizoid. And I end up with questioning myself "Would I be the same if I hadn't my disorder? Is it because of who I really am or because of my "personal problem"?" I would really like to "fix" myself in this case but do not know how to do that as I do not know what is the main cause of me being that who I am.
    ...and they treat them the way they want to be treated, that is, with respect.
    I really DO. I was even educated this way so it is really important for me to be like that.

In addition, when talking about sciences and stuf... the field of Sciences is really more attractive for me even though I struggle a lot in them. On the other hand, I have always been the most successful in Humane sciences even without puting any effort to it. Languages and Arts are, like, in my blood. I have attended Art School for more than eight years and really enjoyed it; I relax myself doing arts (oil-painting, photography, drawing, writing essays, vectorial arts on computer, modelling, other visual arts... I have allways been very succesful in this, but stopped writing essays and photography six years ago just because I "caught" deep depression and started lacking Inspiration to do this). On the other hand, my brain AGAIN conflicts with my aspirations as I do not find my arts "useful" so that I could dedicate my future to it; that's why I was searching for more "useful" things (Informatics...) until I found a perfect alternative for me: Art (aspiration) + Computers (benefit) = Multimedia studies. And I am very naive to follow this path to my future.

Finding out who I really am is very important for me as I would really like to be different in some cases than I am now. Even thoug being "different" from other people has always been very important for me, my appearance, style, music and other stuff really differs from other people and I always try to show others that "I am not like you", my super ego thinks "regular people are boring - I'm not"... But I know that it's WRONG and I ran out of steam being unaccepted by others. Having a "BF" or "BFF" has always been a big dream of mine and I haven't found that person yet just because of my "aberration".
    "I need the thing that happens when your brain shuts off and your heart turns on."
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's got to be, oh i do so heart, 2d

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    That's got to be, oh i do so heart, 2d
    I actually heart Noodle the most (from their company) because she's so... unique.
    What I like about 2d the most is his blue hair. I also had blue hair several years ago and would like to have them again.
    "I need the thing that happens when your brain shuts off and your heart turns on."
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations. You already write better English than 95% of forum members who claim it as their native language.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Congratulations. You already write better English than 95% of forum members who claim it as their native language.
    Thank you a lot! It was like a chocolate cookie for my super EGO.
    Now I can stop worrying about my IELTS exam next week and finally start breathing.
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm being completely sincere. You'll have no trouble with your IELTS exam.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your avatar.
    Hello.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    I'm being completely sincere. You'll have no trouble with your IELTS exam.
    It really means a lot for me. I mean, really a lot.
    *Omg omg, I like you now for believing in me!! *

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I like your avatar.
    Hello.
    Who, me?
    Well anyway, even if I'm confused, there's no one who could ban me from saying hello to you. Soooo,
    Hello! (wave)
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@charabanc - Yes you, haha.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@charabanc - Yes you, haha.
    Well, thank you, then. (As I know from basics of successful socialization with others, I should say something nice about you in return... Oh god, I REALLY suck in natural conversations.) I love your shoes
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charabanc View Post
    Well, thank you, then. (As I know from basics of successful socialization with others, I should say something nice about you in return... Oh god, I REALLY suck in natural conversations.) I love your shoes
    I'm not wearing shoes.

Does that mean you like my feet? Hahahah. Don't answer that.
    Look,

It's cute.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gorillaz! I got Damon Albarn as LSE for whatever it counts, same with Phil Collins, Billy Joel, J. Robbins from Jawbox, the dude from Rammstein, hell I'm gonna post some Jawbox and Burning Airlines and Channels stuff I love! DO IT

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[03:31] <@nyarlatho> charabanc seems obviously EII.
    [03:31] <@nyarlatho> i feel all dem identical vibes

hi, welcome!
    (nyarlatho = me)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not wearing shoes.

Does that mean you like my feet? Hahahah. Don't answer that.
    Look,

It's cute.
    I surmise you being a girl, and girls do praise each others clothes, don't they?
    And I want to say so many swear words now, just to regain my manliness, after watching that kitty's adorableness for an about... infinity times.

D4MN, I still can't get my eyes off it D:

Now, every time I get into my bed in my sheepish pajamas I will not only hear Sheldon's "Soft kitty..." in my ears, but see this hugging kitty in my eyes, too.

&
    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    My roommate fell off the chair when I started playing one video and kept rolling on the floor until I finished playing the last one.
    Easy, boys, she has two wounds and five stitches already :|

It's amazing how powerful music can be.
    Thank you for giving me an opportunity to headbang again.
    And it was AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    charabanc seems obviously EII. i feel all dem identical vibes
    Sh1t, I was so proud being thought I'm Logical.

hi, welcome!
    And, hi for you too!
    Are you from "our" specie, too?
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My roommate fell off the chair when I started playing one video and kept rolling on the floor until I finished playing the last one.
    Easy, boys, she has two wounds and five stitches already :|

It's amazing how powerful music can be.
    Thank you for giving me an opportunity to headbang again.
    And it was AWESOME!
    No problemo, although I can't remember what was the last one I posted if this was the first. Try Condemned 84, next time, a lot better than this crap. Frankie and the flames is alright as well and many more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[03:31] <@nyarlatho> charabanc seems obviously EII.
    [03:31] <@nyarlatho> i feel all dem identical vibes

hi, welcome!
    (nyarlatho = me)
    And after I processed this information, I started thinking a lot about that. Could you, please, tell me what exactly has led you to this eduction? I'm just being curious.

No problemo, although I can't remember what was the last one I posted if this was the first. Try Condemned 84, next time, a lot better than this crap. Frankie and the flames is alright as well and many more.
    As there were also three videos that woofwoofl posted and I watched all four of them, this is why your video was "the first". I will sure websearch for Condemned 84 more and for Frankie and the flames as well, as I really need to update my depot of music. I doubt that anyone could ever supersede my beloved adored and worshiped #1 Apocalyptica, but I am always open for trying something new.
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I doubt that anyone could ever supersede my beloved adored and worshiped #1 Apocalyptica, but I am always open for trying something new.
    Never heard of your beloved and adored Apocalyptica, so I won't bother.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll have to chew on it for a while before i can form a proper response to that. be back with beer and chips. in the meantime, let's just say, in terms of impressions, i don't find you as dry as other LIIs and you remind me a little of another EII here, uniden.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never heard of your beloved and adored Apocalyptica, so I won't bother.
    omg HOW COULD YOU D:
    But, I bet, you've heard about Metallica who was an inspiration for Apo to band together. Apo became famous for playing Metallica's songs by four cellos and after that they created many other, original, songs and brought the symphonic metal in. They're sort of "heavy pop" in Europe now and not so "phenomenally magical" in general, but they always meant a lot for me, personally.
    Listen:
    [/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

i'll have to chew on it for a while before i can form a proper response to that. be back with beer and chips. in the meantime, let's just say, in terms of impressions, i don't find you as dry as other LIIs and you remind me a little of another EII here, uniden.
    Will be waiting anxiously with my eyes wide open. I would serve you beer if I had any, but now I am only able to offer you pomegranate juice maybe.
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh no, no. No Metallica, seriously, I die every time I hear it. I would rather listen to Britney Spears if I had a choice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, no. No Metallica, seriously, I die every time I hear it.
    Although I do not like Metallica neither, Apocalyptica (their original albums) is still my #1.
    I would rather listen to Britney Spears if I had a choice.
    I bet you changed your mind if you lived with my roommate.
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's a fantastic story and I don't want to live with you roommate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a fantastic story and I don't want to live with you roommate.
    Oh damn. I was hoping to make a deal here.
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh damn. I was hoping to make a deal here.
    Is there a reason people are mistyped?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a reason people are mistyped?
    Because of insufficient knowledge about the person in general, maybe?
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ye, that works.