Thread: Mirror Intimidation LSI/SLE (ISTj/ESTp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mirror Intimidation LSI/SLE (ISTj/ESTp)

Every so often I'll come into contact with an LSI, and every so often they'll give me a glimpse of this grand shakespearean play that is going on in their head.

For example, one time, my LSI friend, very quiet, unassuming, kinda meek looking and secretive, E5, once blurted one while watching tv, "Someday I'll be on the top of a skyscraper getting my dick sucked while firing people..."

I was... terrified. I don't look at him the same. It actually shook up my trust in him a bit.

Anyway, in recent events I've discovered this in 2 more LSI's I've spoken to. They'll say something completely insane, like their world exists in cyberspace and is big and challenging, scary and dramatic. My LSI friend, for example, wants to start a hedge fund.

Similarly, I've dated 2 EIE's, and I was nearly traumatized by how incredibly social their world was. People... EVERYWHERE. It was too much stimulation for me to handle as she bounced me around the party talking to everyone and everybody. It was too open, too much showtime. SCARY!

So I'm curious with 4 questions:

Can any of you identify with this?

Is this a typical LSI thing? To have these crazy inner worlds that are scary and intimidating?

Also, from the reverse perspective, is there something about an SLE that would similarly intimidate an LSI? Some kind of overstimulation?

Could this overstimulation be a result of "activation"?

ps: I now realize this thread should probably be in the intertype section lul
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 11-21-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

yeah.usually when LSIs have that glazed-over look you know that bad shit is going on in there.EIEs like bad shit because it leads to drama that keeps their Fe alive.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    "Someday I'll be on the top of a skyscraper getting my dick sucked while firing people..." My LSI friend, for example, wants to start a hedge fund
    I don't get how that's scary. Why is that scary or intimidating?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I don't get how that's scary. Why is that scary or intimidating?
    Because I think of all the steps it takes to get there. How much of this has he planned out? How much competition did he wade through to get there? If he's on the top of a skyscraper with that attitude, He's going to have a lot of enemies. How did he secure himself in such a way that he is invulnerable from such attacks?

It just seems like he built something extremely complex in his mind that won't topple over. To me, if I ever tried doing something like that, it would probably topple over. But he says it with such conviction its as if he already KNOWS he's done it.

Idunno, I think his super Ti intimidates me. Like, he could overpower me withit whenever he wants to. And he already has when I gave him money to invest for me. He had complete control over me. In the end he honored his investment but it shook up my trust in him. So when I date LSI's, I start to sense a similar threat.

The only thing I have over an LSI is the ability to completely yell them into a tin can, which I would never do unless absolutely provoked.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 11-21-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I think of all the steps it takes to get there. How much of this has he planned out? How much competition did he wade through to get there? If he's on the top of a skyscraper with that attitude, He's going to have a lot of enemies. How did he secure himself in such a way that he is invulnerable from such attacks?

It just seems like he built something extremely complex in his mind that won't topple over. To me, if I ever tried doing something like that, it would probably topple over. But he says it with such conviction its as if he already KNOWS he's done it.

Idunno, I think his super Ti intimidates me. Like, he could overpower me withit whenever he wants to.
    hmm. Well, all the LSIs I know have a lot of perseverance and determination, as in they can zero in on something and get it done. If they say they'll do something, particularly with conviction, they almost certainly will . . . but that quality can be found in other types also. They are however tactical, rather than strategic types, and ime that means that it's short-range goals not far-reaching or long-range planning where they are most likely to succeed.

From a personal standpoint: it's too hard to keep a focus on something far distant in the future, an uncertain future, with conditions that you can't know beforehand to plan in too great a depth for something very long-range, unless it's a very basic outline. Much easier to keep sight of those things that I'm actually dealing with on a day-to-day basis, or short-term as in a month or a few, where conditions are unlikely to change to a great extent, and I can work with what I actually have, and know I have right now. I find the approach to do what I can do in whatever moment of time I'm in the easiest and most natural approach. With a basic idea then, I can focus at what will be most useful at any given time, and what needs to be done first. The steps to take to get anywhere are pretty straightforward and easy enough to figure out, so yeah, with a clear goal, the rest isn't so difficult.

Also consider that they're positivists with Ne polr, so they're not likely focused on all those things that could go wrong along the way. In other words, it's most likely not nearly as complex as you're imagining.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    hmm. Well, all the LSIs I know have a lot of perseverance and determination, as in they can zero in on something and get it done. If they say they'll do something, particularly with conviction, they almost certainly will . . . but that quality can be found in other types also. They are however tactical, rather than strategic types, and ime that means that it's short-range goals not far-reaching or long-range planning where they are most likely to succeed.

From a personal standpoint: it's too hard to keep a focus on something far distant in the future, an uncertain future, with conditions that you can't know beforehand to plan in too great a depth for something very long-range, unless it's a very basic outline. Much easier to keep sight of those things that I'm actually dealing with on a day-to-day basis, or short-term as in a month or a few, where conditions are unlikely to change to a great extent, and I can work with what I actually have, and know I have right now. I find the approach to do what I can do in whatever moment of time I'm in the easiest and most natural approach. With a basic idea then, I can focus at what will be most useful at any given time, and what needs to be done first. The steps to take to get anywhere are pretty straightforward and easy enough to figure out, so yeah, with a clear goal, the rest isn't so difficult.

Also consider that they're positivists with Ne polr, so they're not likely focused on all those things that could go wrong along the way. In other words, it's most likely not nearly as complex as you're imagining.
    Interesting description of LSI, although I don't really even think it's that complicated. The guys comment sounds like it was in jest, like taking a moment to engage in a jokingly grandeur fantasy.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Interesting description of LSI, although I don't really even think it's that complicated. The guys comment sounds like it was in jest, like taking a moment to engage in a jokingly grandeur fantasy.
    It really really bugged me. I don't know why. Maybe I have morals or something, I really couldn't tell you why it bugged me, it just did. I took him seriously and I think I was kinda upset by how he views people beneath him.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 11-21-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guys comment sounds like it was in jest, like taking a moment to engage in a jokingly grandeur fantasy.
    I doubt it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very grounded in reality and know what can and cannot be done in the immediate future. It's fun to imagine what life would be like if I am in a more powerful/dominant position. I sometimes joke about wanting to be an investment banker even through my current career path won't ever lead me there.

Creepy-male

they'll give me a glimpse of this grand shakespearean play that is going on in their head
    They'll say something completely insane, like their world exists in cyberspace and is big and challenging, scary and dramatic
    I was... terrified. I don't look at him the same. It actually shook up my trust in him a bit.

my LSI friend... ...once blurted one while watching tv, "Someday I'll be on the top of a skyscraper getting my dick sucked while firing people..."
    My LSI friend, for example, wants to start a hedge fund.
    I don't see how jokingly fantasizing about being "the boss" and deciding to open up a hedge fund is tantamount to having some grand shakespearean play which is insane and exists in cyberspace as a big challenging, scary, dramatic thing which makes you re-evaluate your trust.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, one time, my LSI friend, very quiet, unassuming, kinda meek looking and secretive, E5, once blurted one while watching tv, "Someday I'll be on the top of a skyscraper getting my dick sucked while firing people..."
    This LSI is simply fantasizing. If I have to make a guess, he's probably feeling powerless in a work situation. Besides, someone doing something like that would be equivalent to throwing away a life's worth of effort away.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    This LSI is simply fantasizing. If I have to make a guess, he's probably feeling powerless in a work situation. Besides, someone doing something like that would be equivalent to throwing away a life's worth of effort away.
    Yup, he was in the navy, with me. We hated our lives. Definitely feeling powerless.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It´s scary because he is enjoying a sadistic fantasy - both the act of "having his suck dicked on the top of a skyscraper (likely by a subordinate)" and "firing people" in the meanwhile suppose an enjoyment of an action that damages someone else. Surely though, I suppose lots of people have had very short-lived sadistic fantasies.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah he definitely wants his suck dicked, hahaha

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend, whom I type Se-ISTj 6w5, often says similar things that used to pull me out of my comfort zone, like one day he says "if I ever had a child that had some biological deformity, i'll put it immediately up for adoption". It used to bother me but now I think he does this partly to test others' reactions -- to reaffirm where he stands so to say -- and partly to be funny, by puking unfiltered whargarbl. It doesn't intimidate me anymore because I know half of the things he says he won't ever do himself and I've wondered if there's some attempt there at masking his insecurities/vulnerabilities by puffing himself up to be more authoritative and domineering than he is, which evidently works against some people/people like DJA.

Anyway, yeah.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back when people were still sensible, deformed babies were left in the wilderness to be consumed by animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Anyway, yeah.
    I thought it was ""So, yeah." Fashion and the Fe-polr! ):

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8-6-4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything, I feel more comfortable around LSI than most other types.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i would have laughed out loud, no question. lol

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These LSIs seem to be perfectly normal people in Fe/Ti world...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i would have laughed out loud, no question. lol
    YEP!!!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact / Narrative - we could make that a new Renin dichotomy. (Almost is te vs ti - objective logic versus subjective logic.)

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Fact / Narrative - we could make that a new Renin dichotomy. (Almost is te vs ti - objective logic versus subjective logic.)
    Perhaps. I don't know if I totally size anyone up with "Te" facts though. It's just as much Se related assessment. If you're not on top of a skyscaper now, why should someone be intimidated? One's ambitions aren't an actual display of power. And even if they were in that position, you can always dangle a person off a skyscraper anyways.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Perhaps. I don't know if I totally size anyone up with "Te" facts though. It's just as much Se related assessment. If you're not on top of a skyscaper now, why should someone be intimidated? One's ambitions aren't an actual display of power. And even if they were in that position, you can always dangle a person off a skyscraper anyways.
    +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Agree. There are many checks and balances (lawyers, labour laws, HR, board of directors, shareholders) in the corporate system that would likely prevent this person from going overboard. Plus, if he is spending all his time firing people indiscriminately, his company will eventually fail.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This LSI friend sounds like someone I would get along with...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...