Thread: Lucid Dreaming

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lucid Dreaming

I'm freaking out guys. I can't tell my dreams from reality anymore. This is not an enjoyable experience. I want my normal, bland, speechless dreams back. This shit is way too real for me. If this keeps up I'm going to have to see a shrink, or just quit bitching and enjoy it. It just seems really difficult to get anything out of. Maybe I just have the wrong perspective.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like if this doesn't stop I'm going to end up thinking I'm dating someone here. Then some poor unsuspecting girl has to deal with this fucking weirdo sending her love letters because he thinks that's what she wants to hear. This is a problem. Not ok.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Like if this doesn't stop I'm going to end up thinking I'm dating someone here. Then some poor unsuspecting girl has to deal with this fucking weirdo sending her love letters because he thinks that's what she wants to hear. This is a problem. Not ok.
    At the same time may be that someone is having lucid dreams as well, dreaming that they are your best friend or so, then you can blissfully exchange lover letters with each other and neither of you will have to wake up.

On a more serious note, I think it's normal to not feel very well where the boundaries lie when trying to relate to others over the internet, where all you have to go by is a bunch of text scrolling across your screen and most of the nonverbal communication is missing.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    At the same time may be that someone is having lucid dreams as well, dreaming that they are your best friend or so, then you can blissfully exchange lover letters with each other and neither of you will have to wake up.

On a more serious note, I think it's normal to not feel very well where the boundaries lie when trying to relate to others over the internet, where all you have to go by is a bunch of text scrolling across your screen and most of the nonverbal communication is missing.
    I do love me some nonverbals. They make everything so much easier.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paging Dr. Loughner. Dr. Jared Loughner...

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    I think I would prefer that to the nightly episodes of sleep paralysis I get.
    Hello. That goes away. Bleeeeeeee dat.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not one of those crazies online who is super into their dreams and pretends that they have sleep paralysis and that they get dragged around their room by a mysterious demon presence.

I just wake up completely unable to move or even open my eyes. The first time it happened I thought for sure that I was dead or had that I had a stoke.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not one of those crazies online who is super into their dreams and pretends that they have sleep paralysis and that they get dragged around their room by a mysterious demon presence.

I just wake up completely unable to move or even open my eyes. The first time it happened I thought for sure that I was dead or had had a stoke or something.
    Yeah that happened to me once and it was the most terrifying thing ever.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

that actually used to happen to me though. well not real demons but you know. hallucinations. and i wasn't super into my dreams

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so bad now that I know what it is.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so bad now that I know what it is.
    Well that's good. But that first time is really scary. It's like believing you are dead; you're correct in that. Like it makes no sense that you can consciously think you are dead, but sleep paralysis does it pretty well anyway when you don't know what it is.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only after the great awakening will we realize that this is the great dream. And yet fools think they are awake, presuming to know that they are rulers or herdsmen. How dense! - Zhuangzi

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Stop whining. You'll live.

Enjoy.
    I know. I know. I just like. I'm hanging out with people from this forum two nights in a row now and I keep thinking that now I'm actually close friends with them when I am in fact not since they didn't share the experience. It's really bizarre. Like I harassed InvisibleJim yesterday because I really truly couldn't tell if he and I became best friends or not. I know I should just really enjoy the imaginary time I spend with y'all but it's very strange not being able to tell these people about it. Or knowing that I experienced it by myself.
    Easy Day

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I harassed InvisibleJim yesterday because I really truly couldn't tell if he and I became best friends or not.
    My hobby: Inception.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    My hobby: Inception.
    LOL! Yeah, like you were really cool about it but I'm not sure everyone will be.
    Easy Day

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! Yeah, like you were really cool about it but I'm not sure everyone will be.
    As I once told CID when they phoned me asking if I was in hospital because I might have been date raped, "Frankly Maam, I'm flattered, but I don't think that would happen"

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would prefer that to the nightly episodes of sleep paralysis I get.