Thread: do you guys have godmothers/godfathers?

Default do you guys have godmothers/godfathers?

do you guys have godmothers/godfathers? in my country,we do but it's weird because every now and then i get to hear foreigners talk about their own and i'm like wtf i didn't know you guys own godmothers/godfathers.i only know the fairy godmother. in movies they show marriages and funerals but they do not show kids getting baptized.apparently because hollywood is the dungeon of the antichrist.then again you have those baby showers so i guess it does not really have a religious character.so,tell be about it.how is it done?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i was baptized as a baby and given a godmother that i've met like twice in my whole life. i spent a night at her house when i was like five even though i barely knew her, my parents must have had some kind of emergency or something, and she gave me sparkly makeup and costume jewelry. that's all i know. everybody seems to have godparents but nobody i know makes a big thing out of of it, its just a formality afaict. in the u.s. if you didn't know.

right,you do not have the watertub stuff going on

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

theres watertub stuff but i'm not religious so i don't really have much experience with the details. i just remember a church i visited a few years ago where some kids were getting baptized and they had a kiddie pool up front and the kids walked out and stood in it.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have them both. My godmother is LSE (aunt). My godfather is EII (her boyfriend at the time).

Funny thing is, they never married and it was sad for both. Heck, those LSEs are really difficult sometimes...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i do indeedy! I have a Godfather, it's a beautiful title to bestow on somebody. I was not baptised though, it was more an agreement between friends... they may have had a little celebration that i don't remember or know about.
    He's most likely LII or LSI...but i'm not sure at all. He's a doctor of philosophy and teaches/lectures/reviews examining boards etc...loves singing opera...has a very offbeat sense of humour, can be dreamy, prefers his own company and space, is incredibly loyal...yadda, yadda...not sure this will help actually.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, they're all dead, including cats, dogs and rodents.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't think I know anyone who hasn't got at least two. It's not a religious thing in the Finnish culture though, my mom for example is a "godmother" for 4 kids and she hasn't belonged to the church since she was 18 and therefore old enough to resign. The Finnish equivalent for godmother/father doesn't even have the word "god" in it.

I have two godfathers and two godmothers - my mom's sister, my dad's best friend since he was 15, one of my dad's godfathers (I guess he did his job well) and his wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any. I don't know many people who do (or if they do we don't talk about it that often). Is it a religious thing? My mum's not religious. What are they supposed to do anyway, being a godfather/godmother?
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy