Thread: Ti and Fi

Creepy-Snaps

Default Ti and Fi

4 Questions:

Ti egos, do you find it easier to mark a post as "Constructive" than to "Like" it?

Fi egos, do you find it easier to "Like" a post than to mark it as "Constructive"?

Ti -valuers, do you find it easier to mark a post as "Constructive" than to "Like" it?

Fi -valuers, do you find it easier to "Like" a post than to mark it as "Constructive"?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you don't think I'm Fi ego, but I do. So...
    I tend to like many posts and mark significantly fewer constructive.
    Ratio is probably like 15:1 or something. Yes I just made that up, but it's probably about right.

It's not difficult to mark a post constructive...just...if I mark something constructive I typically like it as well. It's usually only in serious matters that I mark posts constructive.
    Also, the vast majority of posts on this forum aren't serious in nature. Unless it's an argument of some kind (and even then, there's a gray area). So..
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are more likeable than constructive posts on here, so it is easier to "like".

edit: yeah... what Fenryrr said.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One brings things to their personal moral understanding of how things should be; the other brings things to their thought process and orders them in a logical system; you're doing Ti because you're taking what exists, in information way, and by accumulating a further understanding, making a system.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I find it easier to mark a post "like"
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    There are more likeable than constructive posts on here, so it is easier to "like".

edit: yeah... what Fenryrr said.
    I also find that I clicked more Like than Constructive as well. In additions, it is harder for me to click Constructive as it has a higher threshold than Like. For example, Constructive implies an endorsement of the post, which means I understand the post and that I agree that it has a significant contribution to the discussion. However, Like is much easier as it could simply imply that it's funny or it's interesting.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how much I like a post or find it constructive.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably a lot easier to make funny comments then insightful comments and so the like button gets a lot more use. It's also a big deal to say that a post is constructive. I mean, you're essentially saying you agree completely with what has been said and that other members ought to listen to them.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not but (although some give me LII)

anyway, depends on a purpose and efficiency I want to get out of the situation.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Constructive is supposed to be "Higher up" in the ranking, so a result showing that the ratio of likes to constructive is >1 will hardly be surprising.

A better question would have been: does this ratio vary according to valued function? (I would suppose that no, there is no correlation, but you never know)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alklonth View Post
    Probably not but (although some give me LII)

anyway, depends on a purpose and efficiency I want to get out of the situation.
    So, what kind of purposes and efficiencies will cause you to mark a status as "like" or as "constructive"?
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Constructive is supposed to be "Higher up" in the ranking, so a result showing that the ratio of likes to constructive is >1 will hardly be surprising.

A better question would have been: does this ratio vary according to valued function? (I would suppose that no, there is no correlation, but you never know)
    Is there actually a quick way to know this? (There's not some secret part of our profile which lists things we've liked and things we've deemed constructive, is there?)
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    So, what kind of purposes and efficiencies will cause you to mark a status as "like" or as "constructive"?
    It's definitely changing, but what comes to my mind just now: e.g.
    focusing on / would make me like a post because I'd be trying to take care of relations and show my positive attitude as I'm not very good in showing it in my words and other ways of expression.
    on the other hand, marking a post as constructive might be a good way to motivate people to write more constructive posts and in the same time to change e.g. a situation where there're too many chitchatting posts which don't bring too much about the matter under discussion.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    No.
    Just this

like is for sheep

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    like is for sheep
    Quoted for emphasis

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I know you don't think I'm Fi ego, but I do. So...
    I DO think you are Fi-ego. The SEI belief was short-lived, and I'm sticking with my gut, Delta NF. My 2cents is still EII, but IEE-Fi works.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    One brings things to their personal moral understanding of how things should be; the other brings things to their thought process and orders them in a logical system; you're doing Ti because you're taking what exists, in information way, and by accumulating a further understanding, making a system.
    This is very interesting, an observation on my style of thinking. I'd even agree that I'm doing Ti here... but I'm not sure I'm doing it well. I know you believe I'm LSI, but couldn't this thread be viewed as Ti-seeking? If I'm ESE, could this be a feeble attempt at using my 5th function? I'm trying to making a system. But unsuccessfully. My understanding is that an LSI, SLE, LII, or ILE would have a system like this already hashed-out.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    If I'm ESE, could this be a feeble attempt at using my 5th function? I'm trying to making a system. But unsuccessfully. My understanding is that an LSI, SLE, LII, or ILE would have a system like this already hashed-out.
    Don't take it as an oracle but my first impression on your avatar was that you're some beta.
    As to your other question, I guess this is not so obvious. As is a base function for LSI I think it might be more on viewing the world through order and system than creating it by yourself consciously.

However, what about then? If you don't know much about your it might suggest not only super id but also id block. If I'm ILI then my is 4 dimensional - the same as LII's and LSI's but I just don't construct nor view the world through that when there's no need to do this. I'm more focused on logical correctness of others and I react then.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't distinguish very sharply between the two, although i think i'm slightly more anxious than most people to use both of them.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    No.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    i don't distinguish very sharply between the two, although i think i'm slightly more anxious than most people to use both of them.
    *Glad I'm not the only one.
    good bye

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTR; too many variables.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm indifferent to both liking and finding a post constructive. In other words, the concepts behind "constructiveness" and "liking/disliking" do not constitute a good distinction between Fi and Ti in my system.