INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESTj deappreciation thread

go !

suggested reading :

I never see ESTjs learning. ... They want the robotic aspect of procedure without a big picture. That is not knowledge. They are utilitarian; they lack true and earnest curiosity. I never see ESTjs buying gifts. They only seek their personal advantage. They have weak Fi. That means that they are assholes. They look to date ugly women so that their weak Fi does not ruin everything. An ugly woman has no other choice but to date an asshole. ... They seek the vulnerable to exploit and control. I do not think you know ESTjs. They are control freaks. --Saberstorm
    way to fix them appreciated.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We have an appreciation thread

Ok, we'll just use this as a continuation:

Um...LSE are info prone so they like to acquire information and think about them. What they DO for me is provide a relaxing environment where my work isn't scattered; they provide boundaries to my activities and they assume holistic, efficient and high quality of life. I appreciate their tendency to be at home and relaxed and decide to be active outdoors; they are not scattered in energy as Se base types are, which I appreciate and I love to listen to them and provide friendship/relationship support;
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's go, Maritsa, I know a fine place.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought this thread was meant to be insulting.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It actually is.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

narcissists, paranoid, interrogating, insecure with being 2nd best
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like all the cool and smart and wise LSEs get typed as something else because people want to think of LSEs as rednecks. The least attractive ones also tend to be the loudest, unfortunately.

Some of the most kind, generous, creative and just plain wise people I've ever known have been LSEs.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 11-08-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

despite this thread a vast majority of LSE I know are cool guy
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    insecure with being 2nd best
    Actually, I've always liked being second place. It's still really, really good, but it's out of the spotlight and often has better prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    So you only know one LSE, and it's a guy? You should probably meet more.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    So you only know one LSE, and it's a guy?
    1 out of 1 is technically a majority.

@ topic, stereotypes, blah. ESTjs are bad because *insert reason here*, which is related to *insert function here*.

I see no reason why ESTjs are better or worse than any other socionics type.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I'm gonna go ahead and agree with that despite what I say about them. I think I may have LSE idealogically branded as my arch enemy.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The post in the OP pissed me off when I first read it in-context, and it still irritates me. Taking what may be personal experience and generalizing it to an entire type, especially with some of that crap, is not useful.

LSEs... I may know one. If not that, he's LIE. Anyway, he can talk and lecture for ages. He's often a control freak; he needs to be right and will keep taking until the other side agrees. He'll push and push if he thinks his position is "good for us", and we're wrong if we push back, because he is the "authority" in the house. And we're supposed to realize that he does this because he loves us. He'll do stupid crap and expect God to fix/prevent anything that could go wrong because of it. Rejecting him left him puzzled and wondering why on earth I would do such a thing (as if I haven't told him a hundred times!). He used to tell us we couldn't shut our bedroom doors except to change, as a shut door meant we were shutting out the family. Also, he can be really uptight about swearing; one swear word is reason to not watch a film. He can be quite hyper-religious; he's gotten better, but he still has a way to go. He does work very hard to provide for us, not just the necessities but also extracurricular activities (my brother and sister dance competitively, which is hella expensive), which he points to as a sign of his love for us. I don't deny that's very helpful of him to do such things, but it'd be nice to be respected more and allowed to have my own opinion about things.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Don't put my duals down.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Don't put my duals down.
    It's a bitch thread. That's the point.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Don't put my duals down.
    Don't leave us hanging.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni polr + Te base. Can there be anything more annoying than that? Or is it just me?

They are so increadibly sensitive if something is not EXACTLY right at THIS PRECISE moment. (especially true of the normalizing subtype)

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Ni polr + Te base. Can there be anything more annoying than that? Or is it just me?
    I find the Fe subtype of SEI most annoying of all. The ones I know pretty much break everything they touch, place objects in places from where they will surely fall down etc. and then make a big drama out of everything. It can be fun for a while, but in the long term I start feeling like I'm babysitting someone who will never learn anything. And it's sometimes hard not to think they fuck things up intentionally. Esp. Fe-SEIs also tend not to have much to contribute to conversations that go beyond what's for dinner, which is apt to strengthen the airhead impression.. I don't know why this is all so annoying to me, maybe it's just the benefit relationship. IEIs don't piss me off half as much and I'm usually not afraid to let them handle my stuff at all. With SEIs I feel like I have to provide a lot but never get anything back.

This is not to say I hate all SEIs or anything (I could write a similar rant about pretty much any type plus individuals are of course different), but in general I find SEIs more annoying than LSEs.

They are so increadibly sensitive if something is not EXACTLY right at THIS PRECISE moment. (especially true of the normalizing subtype)
    Yeah I know a few LSEs like this, too, and feel the same way as you do. I see this happening usually with E8s and/or Te subtypes only, though.
    Si subtypes (or harmonisers/creatives) and 6s and 9s are usually super cool and laid back ime.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 11-09-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    but in general I find SEIs more annoying than LSEs.
    I sure hope you do. LSE is your dual after all.

Yeah I know a few LSEs like this, too, and feel the same way as you do. I see this happening usually with E8s and/or Te subtypes only, though.
    Si subtypes (or harmonisers/creatives) and 6s and 9s are usually super cool and laid back ime.
    It's because I have Ni in super ego too, just as LSE, and it makes me sensitive to their mistakes. I have to use Ni to take revenge of the LSE. Showing them that "hey, everything is floating along quite well, you are just paranoid". But that leaves them unsatisfied. And in the long run it drains me.

Si-LSE is ok. Especially harmonizing I get along with really well

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Didn't know I make mistakes.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Didn't know I make mistakes.
    You are C-LSE. How do you experience your limited Ni? What kind of mistakes do you make? What makes you waste energy for someting that is obvious to others?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are C-LSE. How do you experience your limited Ni? What kind of mistakes do you make? What makes you waste energy for someting that is obvious to others?
    That was a bit sarcastic on my part, I am aware that I make mistakes, usually after I make them, though.

1. As for the events, well, I'm not much into censoring myself and say things straight off the bat,

2. Only thing that comes to mind is how I waste energy/resources myself, and how to improve it as in hinder from happening, oh and I had the habit of saying some boring crap labour is going to take x amount of time, but it didn't - usually I didn't want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    vid
    No comprende, although coming from a guy who is registered on nearly every socionics forum, you must know what you're talking about, not. That's what I call time management.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much impossible for me to get along with in any kind of work setting. Otherwise, they can be cool drinking or sport buddies.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your specialty.
    Well then, you're not exactly the clearest example of an idiot I have had to deal with, so any kind of burden isn't on my side.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The LSE is a dog that chases parked cars.
    Dogs who chase moving cars never catch them. It's like chasing a dream versus getting what is realistic. If a moving car is caught, it's found to be no different than the parked cars.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most boring type fucking EVER.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Well then, you're not exactly the clearest example of an idiot I have had to deal with, so any kind of burden isn't on my side.
    They look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Dogs who chase moving cars never catch them. It's like chasing a dream versus getting what is realistic. If a moving car is caught, it's found to be no different than the parked cars.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I still do not get it, can you rephrase it?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te doms are clearly the best type.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lois Wilkerson from Malcolm in the Middle is a good example of LSE in real life. Good natured and entirely devoted to her family but practical down to narrowmindedness. Often unnecesarily demanding and dry.

If something bad can be said about LSEs is that they make wonderful workers and providers but rarely good friends, lovers, etc. This is, they largely lack quality, humane interaction with others because there is always some level of psychological unavailability associated to them.

And no matter how ignorant and/or stupid they're always so self-righteous...

In sharp contrast, Dewey, who I see as SLI, seems far more accesible.
    Last edited by mikemex; 11-20-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be hard to deappreciate your Dual. All my SLI's flaws are endearing to me.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only politician I enjoy.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I think it would be hard to deappreciate your Dual. All my SLI's flaws are endearing to me.
    Have fun trying to find sociopathy and child molestation endearing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I usually calm their fears down and when I speak to them it gets them out of circular thinking where they constantly talk their problems out in circular motions.
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Some people are jackasses regardless of type, and no shared quadra value will make that less grating.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

way to fix them appreciated.
    lol, any suggestions?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Have fun trying to find sociopathy and child molestation endearing.
    That's just how we roll. You gotta love the whole package!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mitt Romney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast