hahaha that was great

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought SLEs are puppies. Oh, SLE puppies, SEE dogs, ILI cats, my bad.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

i like both dogs and cats

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    i like both dogs and cats
    Me too. My girl hates dogs and loves cats. I for one think anyone who cant appreciate a dog's indiscriminate love for people is a cold ass doodoo sniffer. Cats are awesome though, they definitely have more real personality, they are smarter and more people-like.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Cats are awesome though, they definitely have more real personality, they are smarter and more people-like.
    You need to meet my dogs.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. My girl hates dogs and loves cats. I for one think anyone who cant appreciate a dog's indiscriminate love for people is a cold ass doodoo sniffer. Cats are awesome though, they definitely have more real personality, they are smarter and more people-like.
    Cats are not smarter than dogs. Science has proven this dozens of times. Not only are dogs far more intelligent than cats, but they also have greater perceptiveness than great apes in some areas.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-205_162-7082868.html

You can read the whole study online if you have access to jstor.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarcasm is an undervalued intellectual trait. Opening of doors and returning of balls is overvalued.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your contribution, Jim. I also look exactly like Marilyn Monroe, but sadly some people are blind to this fact.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Yes, yes, yes. Everything about this stereotype is hilarious. I approve. Such a great joke.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I must be ILI. Or a cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I wanted a cat as a child (and got one), so I've always considered myself more of a cat person.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You need to meet my dogs.
    What I mean is, cats' personalities are more nuanced/multi-faceted. They are moodier than dogs and seem to have more complex internal states.

Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's been scientifically proven for a while now that dogs are smarter, more complex and human-like than cats. Perhaps not more human-like in ways that cats are.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I mean is, cats' personalities are more nuanced/multi-faceted. They are moodier than dogs and seem to have more complex internal states.
    Dude...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You really need to meet my dogs.

I really don't see this at all.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrug* I don't know what the operative definition of intelligence being used here is, so I won't comment any further on that as a singular factor. That said, dogs are obviously more social and communicative, and are admittedly more "useful" than cats in terms of being adaptable/malleable to their environment and external influences, but at the same time, cats just seem to have more human-like emotions to me. Dogs have very vibrant and recognizable emotions, but cats communicate in this very subtle, primal level that dogs kind of just sidestep with affability and implicit acknowledgement of their master's superiority. A dog will always be your bitch, and if that's your thing, cool, but a cat is more of a psychological equal as a pet and is just so much more sophisticated and independent.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really need to meet my dogs.

I really don't see this at all.
    What breed?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What breed?
    Mixes (Australian Cattle Dog/Corgi/Jack Russell [we think] and Chihuahua/Jack Russell [we think])

A dog will always be your bitch, and if that's your thing, cool, but a cat is more of a psychological equal as a pet and is just so much more sophisticated and independent.
    I really can't see that when I look at all the dogs and cats I have lived with over the years.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    That's a cool picture, care to elucidate?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixes (Australian Cattle Dog/Corgi/Jack Russell [we think] and Chihuahua/Jack Russell [we think])

I really can't see that when I look at all the dogs and cats I have lived with over the years.
    Don't take this the wrong way but I hate small dogs. My mom had a bijon frise/miniature poodle mix that I had a good relationship with but most other small dogs seem...blech. They're just louder, messier cats without the mystique.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Don't take this the wrong way but I hate small dogs. My mom had a bijon frise/miniature poodle mix that I had a good relationship with but most other small dogs seem...blech. They're just louder, messier cats without the mystique.
    Have I mentioned that you should really meet my dogs? Come on, Gilly, that statement about small dogs is about as silly as saying that all EIEs are yappy loud drama queens.

The bigger one is not small - she is almost Cattle Dog size. They both have very distinct personalities. The little one was a stray in the hood for quite a while and badass streetsmart (I actually think you would love him).
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have I mentioned that you should really meet my dogs? Come on, Gilly, that statement about small dogs is about as silly as saying that all EIEs are yappy loud drama queens.
    They are.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, I'm just saying, I don't really like small dogs. I've lived with them for a good while and they just aren't my thing; too yappy, too needy, too toy-like.

Most EIEs piss me off too, so not a great comparison Most people piss me off in general though, so...

The bigger one is not small - she is almost Cattle Dog size. They both have very distinct personalities. The little one was a stray in the hood for quite a while and badass streetsmart (I actually think you would love him).
    lol maybe. I'm sure he's super cool and I am not trying to deny you his value, maybe we would get along really well, but I usually don't like small dogs. I usually don't like big ones either, but they can be good to have around.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many people think dogs are smarter because they're more likely to follow human commands than a cat will. This often leads to the conclusion that cats aren't smart enough to understand what's being commanded.

I've a cat that is the most intelligent cat I've seen, which makes me think there are quite a few of them out there. When I do a training or play session with the dog, Doughnut (the cat) will come over and watch. My dog is pretty hyper, so it takes plenty of patience during the training process. When the dog starts getting frustrated, or keeps missing the clicked point, Doughnut will jump down from his perch, walk in front of the dog, do what I am trying to train...as if to show the dog what I'm asking for, and then go back to his perch. Doughnut will do this also when I am training the littler cat.

When we first got the little cat, Doughnut watched as she tried to figure out how to get down from one of those cat playground tree things. She was so small and still unstable on her feet. After watching her struggle to figure it out, Doughnut jumped up, meowed to catch her attention, watched her until she turned to watch him, and then showed her an easy way to get down. He did this a few times until she followed him down, thus learning the path herself.

When he's played with, we have to make things more complex, less simple to solve. Most of the cat toys in the stores only catches his attention for a short time before he solves it and then immediately gets bored of it. Simple chasing toys he immediately looks for the source of the movement, and goes after that. Once he's figured out for sure the source, then that toy no longer catches his attention.

He would definitely have been better off in a home with someone who would've spent time with him making use of his desire to learn new things....not commands/tricks.

My little cat, Moomba, spends her intellect on figuring out how to train us, which signals will prompt us to do what she wants. An example, one time I was trying to train her to put her paw on my lap to get petted. (her favorite reward is petting) one time I accidently anticipated the paw movement...she'd lifted the paw and moved it, but hadn't set it on my lap. So now she sits and watches me and lifts her paw, moving it around, trying to find the right position that will command me to pet her. But she's nowhere near as intelligent as Doughnut.

Regarding intelligent dogs. I recall reading a number of books that went into how the more intelligent breads are the ones that are closer to behavior of wild dogs, and particularly herding dogs. Herding dogs have to understand directions as well as make decisions and actions that will help guide herds in the desired direction. They pick up on minute body language of what's being herded, the humans, as well as any other dogs that part of the process. They can anticipate what changes are about to happen, and take action to intercept it and turn it around to an end goal in mind. They also can anticipate what a fellow herder is doing, and take action to assist that effort.

Herding dogs and dogs like huskies require a lot of mental stimulation or else they'll cause all sorts of troubles for their owners. They are also more likely to run roughshod over an owner that isn't as intelligent as them, or who isn't mentally capable enough to obtain and keep alpha status.

Oh, and terriers were in the intelligent groups as well.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't enjoy being around small dogs, either. I freak out about stepping on them. And they seem kinda jumpy and tense. I like pitbulls with enormous muscley chests and sweet dispositions.
    Dude, I'm just saying, I don't really like small dogs. I've lived with them for a good while and they just aren't my thing; too yappy, too needy, too toy-like.

Most EIEs piss me off too, so not a great comparison Most people piss me off in general though, so...

lol maybe. I'm sure he's super cool and I am not trying to deny you his value, maybe we would get along really well, but I usually don't like small dogs. I usually don't like big ones either, but they can be good to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Puppies definitely pique my dog's interest but puppy-sized adults rarely receive a second glance.
    what about dwarfs don;t you like dwarfs

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    I just showed this video to my sister and she immediately said "wow, that cat person is exactly like you, haha. You're a cat."

-___-
    BUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    what about dwarfs don;t you like dwarfs
    Watch season 3 of An Idiot Abroad to find out.