Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Professional cuddler

Here's a cute post in dailymail about a woman making money by cuddling with people. Read the article:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2BQM2rxk7

What's her type!? She looks very cuddly.

edit: video:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1680428.html
    Last edited by Fermi; 11-07-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can't VI based on pictures of someone napping, but I approve of what she's doing. Some people are huggers. It may be a culture thing, but they'd rather hug than shake hands with someone they just met. And that annoys the non-huggers. Here is a woman willing to help people who need some sort of physical contact. And if she can make money doing that, so be it.
    It's like a child charging $1 for hugs, but she's getting more criticism.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think its silly but if people are willing to pay for it, then good for her for thinking of it. i wonder how often people try to cross the line though.

i dunno her type lol.

Creepy-Snaps

That's cool, she's being very creative and entrepreneurial. She does seem IEE, I agree with k0rpsy there.

Of course I can't judge how others live, and it's just cuddling, not really prostitution, she has strict rules against sex. But I personally wouldn't cuddle with someone else if I were in a relationship, and I wouldn't want my partner doing that either.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awkward boners
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Of course I can't judge how others live, and it's just cuddling, not really prostitution, she has strict rules against sex. But I personally wouldn't cuddle with someone else if I were in a relationship, and I wouldn't want my partner doing that either.
    Yeah

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    awkward boners
    surprisingly not!

Q. What if I become sexually aroused during my session?
    A. Don't worry, it happens! Although sexual activity is not permitted, arousal is perfectly normal and should not make anyone feel uncomfortable.

from the homepage:
    http://www.thesnuggery.org/
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is disgusting and unsanitary.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    This is disgusting and unsanitary.
    Does this mean you don't do BJs afterwards?

why is it unsanitary?they are fully-clothed.i bet she has a knife under that pillow ,though. or not.intuitives do not possess a healthy sense of physical danger do they.

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"My philosophy encompasses the idea that the world needs more peace and love, which stems from first loving and accepting our selves."

NOW GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!!!

I think it's useless, I wouldn't want to buy that.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please guys, I'm just poking fun of Abbie.

Something about that girl does give me the creeps though.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's lovely. I'd be very careful about safety but in theory it's a beautiful idea. She even has a lady model as a customer... i imagine that girl might really want/need those hugs.

Oh... i also heard of cuddle parties befor.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Oh... i also heard of cuddle parties befor.
    I've accidentally had a cuddle party with my friends! We were all high on MDMA and it was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be on MDMA and to not have someone to hug is like having peanut butter without jelly. Cookies without milk. Bread without butter. Foreplay with no penetration. Pasta with no sauce. High without music. ETC ETC ETC

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    To be on MDMA and to not have someone to hug is like having peanut butter without jelly. Cookies without milk. Bread without butter. Foreplay with no penetration. Pasta with no sauce. High without music. ETC ETC ETC
    Yeah true, but we were literally a groping pile.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone providing intimacy for money. Apparently it's okay as long as you don't penis vagina thing.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its so sad to see there are so many lonely people on this planet who are willing to pay such money just to have someone to cuddle with them. In this age of technologies human touch is so rare that it should be preserved.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Its so sad to see there are so many lonely people on this planet who are willing to pay such money just to have someone to cuddle with them. In this age of technologies human touch is so rare that it should be preserved.
    I have come to the conclusion that anyone who is willing to give their very body to alleviate someone's loneliness is more of a saint than a police officer or a lawyer. I don't understand why some think that it is okay to cuddle with a person for money but will tell you how engaging in the most delightful act of nature for an income is to be shunned at same time when practically most men pay for women indirectly in the form of drinks, dinners, the shared credit card, accommodation and you name it.

Some men are very lonely and a mere brief shallow companionship flesh-to-flesh will provide them with security and happiness. Who is the victim here?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have come to the conclusion that anyone who is willing to give their very body to alleviate someone's loneliness is more of a saint than a police officer or a lawyer. I don't understand why some think that it is okay to cuddle with a person for money but will tell you how engaging in the most delightful act of nature for an income is to be shunned at same time when practically most men pay for women indirectly in the form of drinks, dinners, the shared credit card, accommodation and you name it.

Some men are very lonely and a mere brief shallow companionship flesh-to-flesh will provide them with security and happiness. Who is the victim here?
    It has been done a very long time ago and these women were called priestesses - only with coming of patriarchy such practices have been outlawed/banned. Now it is called prostitution and women get cash for it.
    Last edited by Absurd; 11-10-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the first I have heard of this, and omigosh its in my neighborhood. I have noticed this house and side building now that the leaves are gone, after the storm came through. And that's my local news anchor on the video.

Its very strange, and I would never do this; I don't want to hug that many people. (I'd much rather have a lot of contact with one man I love than a little contact with a lot of men. And saving snuggles for one enhances it, IMO). But I suppose there is a need for it.

I also think there are a lot of people who no one wants to hug that could use hugs.

P.S. She makes me think of SEEs I know.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO TOUCHING
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I also think there are a lot of people who no one wants to hug that could use hugs.
    Agreed. Also many people who know one wants to fuck but could use a fuck.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE!!!!!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Also many people who know one wants to fuck but could use a fuck.
    That's not true, there is a match for every person on this planet. The problem comes when a person unwilling to give wants to get. For example a person who doesn't take care of himself wants a person who is the opposite. If you can't lower your standards and expectations you shouldn't expect anyone to lower theirs. You have to know where you stand and who you really are and you will get just exactly what you deserve. Do I make any sense?
    Sincerely Yours,

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not true, there is a match for every person on this planet. The problem comes when a person unwilling to give wants to get. For example a person who doesn't take care of himself wants a person who is the opposite. If you can't lower your standards and expectations you shouldn't expect anyone to lower theirs. You have to know where you stand and who you really are and you will get just exactly what you deserve. Do I make any sense?
    In a way. But still there will be always people who don't know anyone who wants to fuck them.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a way. But still there will be always people who don't know anyone who wants to fuck them.
    Do you know who wants to fuck you? Unless you are obviously seeing someone you wouldn't really know but could just guess. Thinking about such things or seducing other people takes time and some people would rather devote that time to other things and are left blind to the idea of anyone ever wanting to fuck them.
    Sincerely Yours,

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know who wants to fuck you? Unless you are obviously seeing someone you wouldn't really know but could just guess.
    Well, I think that friends with benefits are a pretty safe guess.
    Thinking about such things or seducing other people takes time and some people would rather devote that time to other things and are left blind to the idea of anyone ever wanting to fuck them.
    Most of the time at least one of these other things provide income which in turn will bring women more accessible.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE!!!!!
    NO!!!!!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Eliza like the Mirror Maritsa? Maybe she's the only IEE and Maritsa is the only IEE and they combine their powers to point out SEEs.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO!!!!!
    WHY NOT???
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Eliza like the Mirror Maritsa? Maybe she's the only IEE and Maritsa is the only IEE and they combine their powers to point out SEEs.
    LOL.

WHY NOT???
    I was going to ask if you seriously want to know, but I will just answer as if you do.

My answer is not politically or culturally acceptable, so go away if opposing opinions incense you.

IMO, the cuddler's behavior is unchaste. Yes, even though she is not having sex with them. Its a turn-off to me. Its unethical. And i like to think that IEEs are more ethical. We are an ethical type after all. But today chastity is seen as valueless, and only sexual indulgence has value, so many scorn even the word "chaste". But the fact is, it has great value.

Here is my own story and I don't tell it to preach to anyone. Its just about a choice I made, my personal decision.

It includes references to God and His ways, and even sin! So if that turns you off, skip this!

It is a long story of my thoughts and feelings, so if thats not your cup of tea, skip it!

I have lived with chastity for many years and its only recently I can see the fruit of it. It was often very, very hard to choose to be chaste. I think as a sx subtype particularly so. Particularly since I avoided even "platonic" relations with a man, by my own choice, because I was not in a position to marry, and felt in my loneliness the temptation for me to be unchaste would be too great. Sometimes living this life when I felt lonely made me feel numb, yet I chose it because I was fully convinced this was my way for me to live God's ways, and I had complete faith that "Our ways are not God's ways" and that God's ways are best, and that God is not mocked. That means if I chose to live God's way, no matter how it felt today, in the end, someday, I would see its reward, because if in fact "our ways" (succumbing to our natural desires instead of disciplining them) are better than God's, then God certainly could rightfully be mocked.

(That sin is enjoyable not withstanding. Of course it is, or we wouldn't indulge.)

So in my loneliest times there was no one to snuggle with. In my bad marriage which I was firmly faithful to, I came to a point of facing the reality of an entire lifetime without snuggling, or, bleakly, even anyone to enjoy a cup of coffee with me. And at the point of facing this I nearly fell into debilitating despair. But I took this despair to God and because of that I learned how very real His comfort is. And to have learned that makes everything that proceeded it that caused me to learn it completely worth it!

That is why I know that Priests and Religious, if they want to keep their vows to chastity, can truly do this. It is not humanly possible - so, yes, those who are outraged that the Church would expect this of a priest have a true point. However, with God's grace, it truly is.

For anyone familiar with the Bible, this is very much what Jesus means when He said it is harder for a rich man to get into Heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle. "How then can ANYONE get to Heaven?!" asked his disciples. Jesus answered that "With God, all things are possible".

So I intended to live this way the rest of my life, and considered joining a religious order someday when my son got established in his life. I did not expect to fall very suddenly and quite completely in love with my SLI that day I met him after years of writing him. When we got together 3 months later, after so many years, I got to snuggle. Obviously I like to write, but I cannot even put into words what that is like, and I won't even try. But it is powerfully bonding, and I continually feel such gratitude that I did not snuggle with anyone else. It is so bonding that it keeps us together when we are apart months at a time, and as we face some serious, time-consuming challenging practical obstacles that we need to overcome in order to be together.

I am so grateful now that that bonding was reserved all for SLI, and no one else. Having waited makes it better! I can only describe it as being like eating a taste of very fine food after a very long fast. Only when you are truly hungry can you appreciate the subtleties of the food.

Of course it doesn't stop there and desire makes it seem impossible to stop at "just snuggling" so that's the ongoing challenge we face now. And we aren't perfect. But we know how to do the impossible: we need God's help.

So, back to this professional snuggler. In my opinion, she is wasting her gift spreading it far and wide, and for a price, too. It takes away from the preciousness of the one-on-one, with one she would love someday. She is in fact selling her body and her intimacy, and even though it falls far short of prostitution, it is on that continuum. According to God's law, prostitution is wrong. And IMO, since all of God's laws are written in our hearts, that's why it offends most people. Yes, its not politically or culturally acceptable to be offended by prostitution, however the fact is most people are offended at the thought of themselves being a prostitute, even if they advocate for others to, sort of like the usual attitude towards abortion ["Well, I would never, but others can if they want!"].

So her snuggle-intimately-with-anyone is a turn-off to me but I would never be one of those who send her scourging emails telling her so. Because I can only assume she is doing what her [uninformed] conscience tells her is a way that is okay. But I know that our ways are not God's ways. I know that I am blessed to know the reality that "There is a way which seemeth right unto man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.-Proverbs 14:12 and doing what God says is wrong leads to kinds of deaths, deaths of goods that God intended for us to have.

He designed sexual intimacy and He knows what we should do to have the best kind. The best kind is in love, not lust, and the best kind is exclusive. Not only because he designed our bodies that way [and our bodies suffer when exposed to to many lovers, as it is against His design, and our bodies cannot take it physically, and disease results] but also doing opposite of what He says robs us of the joy of intimacy. Our hearts aren't designed to enjoy loving intimacy with that many people. That's my thought, and I am convinced its true, particularly as my experience confirms it.

And for those who have chosen a completely other way of life, against God's ways, damaging their hearts and bodies with intimacy with many people, there is hope for you, too, to enjoy love in the fullness that God intended, as His forgiveness for our errors is complete, and there is always a new beginning.

If anyone has seen Mel Gibson's The Passion, when Jesus, bloodied and exhausted, greets His mother on the Way to the Cross, and He says, "See, Mother? I make all things new." This is what He meant. He does make all things new.

Remember God does not love any of us any bit less for choosing to do it our way instead of His (if He did that would make him unjust, since He gave us the choice of free will. And He is perfectly just!). He only grieves for what we have lost, since He loves us and wants the best for us.

I venture to say He loves the transgressor more, as in the story of the lost sheep. He restores. Just as He restored Mary of Magdala, after years of prostitution, He forgave her, and healed her, and renewed her, and she was made so new that only months (or a year or so, we don't know exactly) after living completely immersed in a life of mortal sin He told her always-chaste sister Martha that her sister Mary "has exceeded you in loving". And He, Who is Love, favored she whom He praised for her love with being the first to see Him when He raised Himself from dead!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 11-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IMO, the cuddler's behavior is unchaste. Yes, even though she is not having sex with them. Its a turn-off to me. Its unethical. And i like to think that IEEs are more ethical. We are an ethical type after all. But today chastity is seen as valueless, and only sexual indulgence has value, so I realize that many scorn even the word chaste. But the fact is, it has great value.
    "Ethical" in socionics has nothing do do with morals or being in any shape or form "chaste" or "pure" or "non-transgressive." I can respect your choices regarding chastity, but your attitude towards sex and moral standing should not determine other people's types. I don't like to be hugged by strangers, so this could never be something I would do, but I don't think that is type-related either. I do think the world would be a better place with more snuggleries. <3
    For some reason I think SEI when watching the video, but I can't really pinpoint why.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha, korpsey is properly fucked now, I've got you by the balls ye socionics overlord.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    "Ethical" in socionics has nothing do do with morals .
    Really? Because it seems an ethical type does spend some particular time reflecting on what their morals are.

or being in any shape or form "chaste" or "pure" or "non-transgressive.".
    I agree

I can respect your choices regarding chastity, but your attitude towards sex and moral standing should not determine other people's types..
    Yes.

I don't like to be hugged by strangers, so this could never be something I would do, but I don't think that is type-related either..
    And I sort of think that is related to IEE, in a like way that NF makes us a more introverted-appearing "E," NF makes us feel and think on all that's related to the hug so strongly that we are selective in that indulgence. Just a thought.

I do think the world would be a better place with more snuggleries. <3
    For some reason I think SEI when watching the video, but I can't really pinpoint why.
    We differ on the I-E on what we call her but the SEEs I know can appear quite demure when the situation calls for it. She has a camera pointed at her recording her for the local news and by this point her she has been made well aware that some people feel extremely strongly that she is doing something very wrong. So she has subdued the strength of her opinion that it took to set up this business, and is presenting it a bit carefully. (That's just my non-expert opinion.)

The one SEI I know, whom I know quite well, puts all her energies into JUST serving her family in an intimate, involved way. Also my SLI is an "I" and he serves only his family in an intimate, involved way. Not strangers. So that is why I am thinking SEE rather than SEI for Miss Snuggery.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.

I was going to ask if you seriously want to know, but I will just answer as if you do.

My answer is not politically or culturally acceptable, so go away if opposing opinions incense you.

IMO, the cuddler's behavior is unchaste. Yes, even though she is not having sex with them. Its a turn-off to me. Its unethical. And i like to think that IEEs are more ethical. We are an ethical type after all. But today chastity is seen as valueless, and only sexual indulgence has value, so many scorn even the word "chaste". But the fact is, it has great value.

Here is my own story and I don't tell it to preach to anyone. Its just about a choice I made, my personal decision.

It includes references to God and His ways, and even sin! So if that turns you off, skip this!

It is a long story of my thoughts and feelings, so if thats not your cup of tea, skip it!

I have lived with chastity for many years and its only recently I can see the fruit of it. It was often very, very hard to choose to be chaste. I think as a sx subtype particularly so. Particularly since I avoided even "platonic" relations with a man, by my own choice, because I was not in a position to marry, and felt in my loneliness the temptation for me to be unchaste would be too great. Sometimes living this life when I felt lonely made me feel numb, yet I chose it because I was fully convinced this was my way for me to live God's ways, and I had complete faith that "Our ways are not God's ways" and that God's ways are best, and that God is not mocked. That means if I chose to live God's way, no matter how it felt today, in the end, someday, I would see its reward, because if in fact "our ways" (succumbing to our natural desires instead of disciplining them) are better than God's, then God certainly could rightfully be mocked.

(That sin is enjoyable not withstanding. Of course it is, or we wouldn't indulge.)

So in my loneliest times there was no one to snuggle with. In my bad marriage which I was firmly faithful to, I came to a point of facing the reality of an entire lifetime without snuggling, or, bleakly, even anyone to enjoy a cup of coffee with me. And at the point of facing this I nearly fell into debilitating despair. But I took this despair to God and because of that I learned how very real His comfort is. And to have learned that makes everything that proceeded it that caused me to learn it completely worth it!

That is why I know that Priests and Religious, if they want to keep their vows to chastity, can truly do this. It is not humanly possible - so, yes, those who are outraged that the Church would expect this of a priest have a true point. However, with God's grace, it truly is.

For anyone familiar with the Bible, this is very much what Jesus means when He said it is harder for a rich man to get into Heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle. "How then can ANYONE get to Heaven?!" asked his disciples. Jesus answered that "With God, all things are possible".

So I intended to live this way the rest of my life, and considered joining a religious order someday when my son got established in his life. I did not expect to fall very suddenly and quite completely in love with my SLI that day I met him after years of writing him. When we got together 3 months later, after so many years, I got to snuggle. Obviously I like to write, but I cannot even put into words what that is like, and I won't even try. But it is powerfully bonding, and I continually feel such gratitude that I did not snuggle with anyone else. It is so bonding that it keeps us together when we are apart months at a time, and as we face some serious, time-consuming challenging practical obstacles that we need to overcome in order to be together.

I am so grateful now that that bonding was reserved all for SLI, and no one else. Having waited makes it better! I can only describe it as being like eating a taste of very fine food after a very long fast. Only when you are truly hungry can you appreciate the subtleties of the food.

Of course it doesn't stop there and desire makes it seem impossible to stop at "just snuggling" so that's the ongoing challenge we face now. And we aren't perfect. But we know how to do the impossible: we need God's help.

So, back to this professional snuggler. In my opinion, she is wasting her gift spreading it far and wide, and for a price, too. It takes away from the preciousness of the one-on-one, with one she would love someday. She is in fact selling her body and her intimacy, and even though it falls far short of prostitution, it is on that continuum. According to God's law, prostitution is wrong. And IMO, since all of God's laws are written in our hearts, that's why it offends most people. Yes, its not politically or culturally acceptable to be offended by prostitution, however the fact is most people are offended at the thought of themselves being a prostitute, even if they advocate for others to, sort of like the usual attitude towards abortion ["Well, I would never, but others can if they want!"].

So her snuggle-intimately-with-anyone is a turn-off to me but I would never be one of those who send her scourging emails telling her so. Because I can only assume she is doing what her [uninformed] conscience tells her is a way that is okay. But I know that our ways are not God's ways. I know that I am blessed to know the reality that "There is a way which seemeth right unto man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.-Proverbs 14:12 and doing what God says is wrong leads to kinds of deaths, deaths of goods that God intended for us to have.

He designed sexual intimacy and He knows what we should do to have the best kind. The best kind is in love, not lust, and the best kind is exclusive. Not only because he designed our bodies that way [and our bodies suffer when exposed to to many lovers, as it is against His design, and our bodies cannot take it physically, and disease results] but also doing opposite of what He says robs us of the joy of intimacy. Our hearts aren't designed to enjoy loving intimacy with that many people. That's my thought, and I am convinced its true, particularly as my experience confirms it.

And for those who have chosen a completely other way of life, against God's ways, damaging their hearts and bodies with intimacy with many people, there is hope for you, too, to enjoy love in the fullness that God intended, as His forgiveness for our errors is complete, and there is always a new beginning.

If anyone has seen Mel Gibson's The Passion, when Jesus, bloodied and exhausted, greets His mother on the Way to the Cross, and He says, "See, Mother? I make all things new." This is what He meant. He does make all things new.

Remember God does not love any of us any bit less for choosing to do it our way instead of His (if He did that would make him unjust, since He gave us the choice of free will. And He is perfectly just!). He only grieves for what we have lost, since He loves us and wants the best for us.

I venture to say He loves the transgressor more, as in the story of the lost sheep. He restores. Just as He restored Mary of Magdala, after years of prostitution, He forgave her, and healed her, and renewed her, and she was made so new that only months (or a year or so, we don't know exactly) after living completely immersed in a life of mortal sin He told her always-chaste sister Martha that her sister Mary "has exceeded you in loving". And He, Who is Love, favored she whom He praised for her love with being the first to see Him when He raised Himself from dead!
    "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I permit no women to teach or have authority over men, she is to keep silent." 1 Timothy 2:9-12

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having waited makes it better!
    Waited for what? What additional value does waiting bring to an activity? I was probably a few years older than the average person before I snuggled with anyone. Do you think this means it was better for me than for the average person?
    How how could you possibly know it was better that you "waited", when you don't have any experience on what it would've been like if you hadn't done se? Why do you think the experience would be the same for everyone else?

I can only describe it as being like eating a taste of very fine food after a very long fast. Only when you are truly hungry can you appreciate the subtleties of the food.
    If you wait for too long you might die of malnutrition.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I permit no women to teach or have authority over men, she is to keep silent." 1 Timothy 2:9-12
    Aquagraph, Thank you for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast