701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default LSI: tortured souls

LSI, why are you a tortured soul? Sensitive and yet aggressive
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm.... I do not think that they are that tortured. They come off as friendly responsible guys, like President Eisenhower... ( I just corrected my spelling.)

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    What?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can imagine NBS torturing the souls of his duals.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ISTj brother is a very positive person in a general sense, although i'd say he is a combination of positive mooded AND critical. but he is capable of making any boring situation or problem sound like something he is passionate about.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

they have too many demons stuck inside - comes with your suffering package as a LSI

it’s like when you keep hearing that one Adam Levine song playing on the radio and it gets itself lodged into your mind, and then you find yourself singing it to yourself all day long, and by the evening you’re back at your residence and think “enough!” and you sink to the floor and start rolling around and screaming in torturous yet discarnate pain but these insidious pop culture songs they just won’t leave you in peace

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

too late, it's already projected

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[in a dramatic tone]

Why Maritsa... Oh why oh why oh why must you torture us by making this thread??!?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    they have too many demons stuck inside - comes with your suffering package as a LSI

it’s like when you keep hearing that one Adam Levine song playing on the radio and it gets itself lodged into your mind, and then you find yourself singing it to yourself all day long, and by the evening you’re back at your residence and think “enough!” and you sink to the floor and start rolling around and screaming in torturous yet discarnate pain but these insidious pop culture songs they just won’t leave you in peace

MOOBS LIKE JAGGER

HE'S GOT THE MOOBS LIKE JAGGER

HE'S GOT THE MOO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OOBS, LIKE JAGGER
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, have you ever thought of being IEI?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSI, why oh why, why oh why, cry-cry, meow-meow, are you insecure in your relationships?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cause the soup's too salty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice glasses.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

let'em bitchez stew

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    let'em bitchez stew
    lmao

LSI's are not "tortured" souls. I think you might be projecting. Maritsa, everytime you start a thread I want you to look in the mirror and say what your'e about to say to yourself before you say it to us.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    lmao

LSI's are not "tortured" souls. I think you might be projecting. Maritsa, everytime you start a thread I want you to look in the mirror and say what your'e about to say to yourself before you say it to us.
    LOL, that's just your Se on guard.

I'm actually wondering because I read this interesting note from an LSI in which he describes how his soul is tortured by certain reflections on "holy" and monastic life style and I'm just wondering if this transpires to other LSI
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    This is very good. Thanks Maritsa. You put into words what I've seen for years. There is something sensitive and sad about them.

Maybe it's because they have EII in their super-ego? I don't know any other explanation.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, pondering. Tortured, i'm not sure. There does seem to be an air of never being satisfied though, there is always something just slightly out of reach...maybe that's it.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSI people are, actually, tortured terribly - I die every time when that happens, my love is so deep.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    This is very good. Thanks Maritsa. You put into words what I've seen for years. There is something sensitive and sad about them.

Maybe it's because they have EII in their super-ego? I don't know any other explanation.
    ok maybe I"m starting to understand what you guys are talking about it.

I dont think its "tortured." It could be a typical E5 thing, a fear of inadequacy or inability to be competent enough when the looming doom on the horizon finally arrives. They're kinda like eeyore. They probably feel a combination of rejection and inadequacy.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is going on?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa has seen something and she described it as "tortured soul". I think it's a good description, poetic but fitting. But let's not get hung up on semantics. It's often like that in this forum, you see something and try to convey what you've seen, but people just mechanically analyze your words instead of trying to understand what you've seen.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do we have but words to convey our meaning? I mean, it's the Internet, I can paste in some LOLcats or whatever too.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you're frequently misunderstood get better words. Or a better audience.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to my experience, LSIs don't have souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    ok maybe I"m starting to understand what you guys are talking about it.

I dont think its "tortured." It could be a typical E5 thing, a fear of inadequacy or inability to be competent enough when the looming doom on the horizon finally arrives. They're kinda like eeyore. They probably feel a combination of rejection and inadequacy.
    YES great post

Now, do you think this may have something to do with weak and devalued Fi - connection seeking function?
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak Ni and Fe make SLE's and LSI's seek to be a part of something greater than themselves and appear kind of lost until they find that. LSI's have a sort of directionless quality to them, while SLE's are sorta nomadic and quite literally lost in that they don't know where to fit in.

Me personally, I adore the gymnasts I hang out with, because they are a part of something greater than themselves. They go to the club and breakdance with other people, then network and connect with other people they've never met before, and then past that they go to competitions all the time. They can go out into the middle of the city and start free running, and if other free runners happen to see them doing it, they'll stop what they're doing and join in. Its something I yearn for. Biggest reason I don't hang out with them is because I am too busy perfecting air flares while they're mostly just in it to hang out, so in a sense I take my moves a little too seriously. My own drivenness is steamrolling my own social life.

LSI's, I'd imagine, are probably similar since Ni and Fe are still in their super-id. I rarely encounter them in gymnastics and when I do it was only brief. They're usually too busy doing something else, one of them, for example, is too busy doing almost the exact same thing I'm doing... trying to establish a strong financial future. I'm often puzzled at these IEI's, SEI's, EIE's and ESE's I see at the gym, because I feel as if they're dedicating all their resources to maintaining this lifestyle. I've often asked them what they do for a living, and they just shrug it off and don't even talk about it.

There's a sort of cliche with the SLE: they're sorta the dog that follows the IEI home and the IEI teaches them how to be civil (which I experience firsthand regularly). I'm sure the same is true of LSI's except the internal/external aspects of it are reversed. The LSI is also rather nomadic and secretive, and sees the EIE and the EIE somehow brings some light into their life, and until this happens they appear sort of aimless, play too many video games, and don't really have much of a personality (think about LSI's in the military finding a purpose for their lives).
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 11-11-2012 at 01:41 AM.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been doing some thinking on this subject and I think I have a visual representation of what I'm talking about.

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions, has a conflict in the story similar to what I wrote in my book, but certain aspects of the story are stressed that I ordinarily don't care about. I suspect the writers were LSI.

This trailer has several things I want you to pay attention to. I suspect the atmosphere of this game is what you're referring to. It has that sort of lost, tormented quality. Adam Jensen shares a similar inner struggle that I face as an SLE. He was built into a powerful and adept body but doesn't quite know what to do with it or his talents. However the trailer has much more emphasis on the theme of "I'm lost and have no purpose." Something I feel LSI's search for.

Compare that to me (SLE) which is more like, "I have a purpose and solid ambition, but I lack belonging or a reason to see it through." Often times when I meet women who give me that sense of belonging, I feel nearly indestructible and become energized to do anything I want, while often times doing it on my own just seems like a pointless waste of time.

The two are sorta backwards from one another as SLE and LSI have similar functions in the Super-Id, Ni and Fe.

So basically, Adam Jensen wakes up to a world with no direction, and he has the power to create that direction, but doesn't quite know which direction he should make it. Speaking of duality, an EIE would give an LSI that direction, but lack the power to see it come true.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

God doesn't support this kind of threads, Maritsa. He is very angered, his beard turned red from all this anger.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI The Pragmatist, why are you so pragmatic?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    LSI The Pragmatist, why are you so pragmatic?
    LSI The Proctologist, why do you like proctology?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    LSI The Proctologist, why do you like proctology?
    So they can pull their head out of their ass if no one else is around to do it. ^.^
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.